Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump gives AG Barr authority to declassify documents related to False FISA's.

Trump gives AG Barr authority to declassify documents related to False FISA's.

Give 'em hell, Trump!

President Trump on Thursday night issued a memo giving Attorney General William Barr the authority to declassify any documents related to surveillance of the Trump campaign in 2016.

Trump also ordered the intelligence community to cooperate with Barr. The memo read: "The heads of elements of the intelligence community... and the heads of each department or agency that includes an element of the intelligence community shall promptly provide such assistance and information as the Attorney General may request in connection with that review."
    "Today, at the request and recommendation of the Attorney General of the United States, President Donald J. Trump directed the intelligence community to quickly and fully cooperate with the Attorney General’s investigation into surveillance activities during the 2016 Presidential election," Press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

"The Attorney General has also been delegated full and complete authority to declassify information pertaining to this investigation, in accordance with the long-established standards for handling classified information. Today’s action will help ensure that all Americans learn the truth about the events that occurred, and the actions that were taken, during the last Presidential election and will restore confidence in our public institutions."

Trump claims his campaign was the victim of "spying," though the intelligence community has insisted it acted lawfully in following leads in the Russia investigation.

Last month, Barr ran into a buzz saw of criticism from Democratic lawmakers and media figures for testifying that “spying did occur” against the Trump campaign in 2016. But despite the backlash, Barr appeared to be referring to intelligence collection that already has been widely reported and confirmed.
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told the Associated Press last month that she doesn’t “trust Barr,” but she trusts Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., accused Barr of “peddling conspiracy theories.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...zaDZ8hBYgOwsFT

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Pain

Is

Coming.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

You can trust William Barr to back the GHW Bushbot all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    You can trust William Barr to back the GHW Bushbot all the way.

And we can trust you to side with the Traitors every time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Question Who's the Traitor?

And we can trust you to side with the Traitors every time.

Did you vote for Michael Dukakis or George Bush instead of Ron Paul in 1988?

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Well, maybe by the time everyone gets done prosecuting each other in D.C. Rand might be the only one left, hahahahahha.

Or Massie, he's been laying low this whole time. Hopefully he's hiding under a desk somewhere ready to emerge when the circular firing squads have stopped. Gonna have a hell of a mess to clean up though.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-23-2019 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

Did you vote for Michael Dukakis or George Bush instead of Ron Paul in 1988?

I was too young to vote back then but your TDS will cause you to side with the traitors no matter what your past record is, of that we can be sure.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump on Thursday escalated his attacks on those involved in launching the federal investigation into his campaign’s contacts with Russia, saying “a number of people” should be tried for treason.
    He also delivered what he thinks should be the verdict: Guilty.
    Among them: former FBI Director James Comey; ex-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe; Peter Strzok, the deputy assistant director of counterintelligence; and Lisa Page, an FBI attorney who was romantically involved with Strzok at the time the probe began in 2016.
    Speaking to reporters at a White House event announcing aid for farmers and ranchers hurt by China’s trade policies in retaliation for American tariffs, Trump was asked which officials he specifically believes are guilty of treason.
    “I think a number of people,” Trump said. “They have unsuccessfully tried to take down the wrong person. If you look at Comey, if you look at McCabe, if you look at probably people higher than that, if you look at Strzok, if you look at his lover, Lisa Page, his wonderful lover.”

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-comey-m...214458786.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Barr and Rosenstein, two of MAGA's sharpest picks that will pay dividend for quite a while. They might be even better legal eagles than another MAGA champ Dershowitz.
    More evidence that he surrounds himself with the best people.

PS: Attention should be paid that there is no mixup and he accidentally does not declassify full Mueller Report.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This song needs to be in this thread...

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Interesting. Lets see where this leads to.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If only something would come of this.

Last edited by shakey1; 05-24-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I feel the sadz for anyone here that can't enjoy watching criminals from the Obama administration be exposed and prosecuted.

Much fun to come...
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    If only something would come of this.

Yes, let us see it all.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I feel the sadz for anyone here that can't enjoy watching criminals from the Obama administration be exposed and prosecuted.

Much fun to come...
    I hope you're correct, but it seems like we've been here so many times before. I'll believe it the day I see them walked out in handcuffs... Eh, who am I kidding? Even then, I'll have doubts about them doing the prison time they deserve.

BREAKING: First batch of POTUS declassification said to include FBI docs of recorded conversations exculpating Papapopoulos & Page–prior to FBI going for FISA warrant based on their alleged conspiracy.Papadopoulos says Halper & Downer both tried to record him w their cell phones
    — Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) May 24, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is exactly what all of us were screaming about 15 years ago when all this $#@! came to a head after 9/11, exactly how the surveillance state would be used to influence not just policy but elections and ruin people's lives.

I have my doubts, but certainly am hoping that something actually comes of this.

Especially since the reaction of the Bolshevik/Jacobin left to this action, is that of a bag of scorched cats.

It is this, more than anything else, that allows me to give a pass towards Trump's "Drunken Monkeyism" and flip flops...he continues to enrage and infuriate the right people.

I think it was the Apache that judged a man's character by the strength and number of his enemies.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President Trump on Friday said that he wants Attorney General William Barr to investigate the UK, Australia and Ukraine for their roles in the 'greatest hoax in the history of our country.'

Speaking with reporters at the White House on Friday before his trip to Japan, Trump discussed his decision this week to issue a sweeping declassification order - leaving it in the hands of Barr to determine exactly what happened to Trump and his campaign before and after the 2016 US election.
    "For over a year, people have asked me to declassify. What I've done is declassified everything," said Trump, adding "He can look and I hope he looks at the UK and I hope he looks at Australia and I hope he looks at Ukraine."
    "It's the greatest hoax probably in the history of our country and somebody has to get to the bottom of it. We'll see. For a long period of time, they wanted me to declassify and I did."

"This is about finding out what happened," said Trump. "What happened and when did it happen, because this was an attempted takedown of the president of the United States, and we have to find out why."
    "We're exposing everything. We're being a word that you like, transparent. We're being, ultimately we're being transparent. That's what it's about. Again, this should never ever happen in our country again."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ax-history-our

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats issued a warning about national security after President Donald Trump granted Attorney General William Barr broad new powers to declassify intelligence related to the origins of the Russia investigation.
    Coats said in a statement that he is “confident” Barr will follow “standards.” But he also warned that if “highly sensitive classified Information” is released, it “would put our national security at risk.”
    Coats also emphasized that the intelligence community will “continue” to share “apolitical intelligence” with the rest of the government.
    “I am confident that the Attorney General will work with the [intelligence community] in accordance with the long-established standards to protect highly-sensitive classified information that, if publicly released, would put our national security at risk,” Coats said.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/dan-c...045917577.html

Q
    !!mG7VJxZNCI
    ID: 1bb663
    No.6574269

May 23 2019 22:13:18 (EST)

Why did POTUS circumvent DNI Coats (normal protocol for DECLAS) and give AUTH directly to AG Barr?
    Q

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Review time. What documents did Barr release?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Debt and foreign wars puts our national security at risk. These fktards dont care about national security.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Haven't seen any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    @TER

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    FISA being released unredacted.

Get the popcorn ready!
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast