Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange indicted on 17 new charges under Espionage Act

Julian Assange indicted on 17 new charges under Espionage Act

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange indicted on 17 new charges under Espionage Act

The Department of Justice on Thursday indicted Wikileaks founder Julian Assange on 18 charges, including violations of the Espionage Act and a case that could pose challenges to First Amendment protections.
    If convicted on the new counts, Assange faces a maximum of 10 years in federal prison per count.

"This is madness. It is the end of national security journalism and the first amendment," WikiLeaks tweeted shortly after the new charges were announced.

Edward Snowden tweeted that the "Department of Justice just declared war" on journalism. "This is no longer about Julian Assange: This case will decide the future of media."
    The U.S. government has never successfully prosecuted anyone other than a government employee for disseminating unlawfully leaked classified information, according to University of Chicago Law Prof. Geoffrey Stone, even though the Espionage Act has long been on the books.

The government rarely if ever brings those cases because journalists publish classified material regularly.
    More: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-act-n1009441
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But Trump is going to pardon him...right...right?
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Sickening that there are people out there that are happy with these charges. He stepped on the toes and exposed all the criminals in power. It makes no sense whatsoever that a foreign national can be charged with a crime in the US when he isn't even subject to US law.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-23-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This is the type of stuff that has to make your blood boil. And it confirms every single thing Wikileaks has been saying ever since Assange started his unofficial prison sentence in that embassy. This was with no doubt, the predetermined outcome that was always 100% assured.

Knowing this for years and now having it confirmed, the question will be, what are we, you, or I going to do about it?

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Ha ha, yeah right. Trump is loving the distraction away from Amash making headline news by calling Trump out.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    This is the type of stuff that has to make your blood boil. And it confirms every single thing Wikileaks has been saying ever since Assange started his unofficial prison sentence in that embassy. This was with no doubt, the predetermined outcome that was always 100% assured.

Knowing this for years and now having it confirmed, the question will be, what are we, you, or I going to do about it?
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-and-wikileaks

or...

https://www.infowars.com/petition/

I did.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    This petition has been archived because it did not meet the signature requirements. It can no longer be signed.
    Signed.

Let's see if the TDS brigade puts their signatures where their mouths are.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This petition has been archived because it did not meet the signature requirements. It can no longer be signed.

Signed.

We got this... We know how to do this... We almost got Ron Paul elected through serious devoted activism like this. If anyone actually cares...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is sick. I'm taking action. I believe this is the official legal defense donation page: [url/]https://defend.wikileaks.org/donate/[/url]
    Edit: sorry that fund is not affiliated with Assange's lawyers. It was linked from many news stories about his arrest. Read the about page before donating.
    Edit2: the wikileaks Twitter account linked to that defence fund so I guess that's where they want the support.
    Last edited by spudea; 05-23-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Signed.

I signed the White house petition back when it came out in 2017. Looks like I need to go sign the new one.

Much more likely than Hillary.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I signed the White house petition back when it came out in 2017. Looks like I need to go sign the new one.
    Post the link to the new one.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

It might be some sort of brilliant 4D chess move, that mere mortals will never understand?

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Los Angeles Times
    Breaking: Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks and a thorn in the side of intelligence agencies, faces 17 additional U.S. criminal charges.
    https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...523-story.html

https://twitter.com/TravisMannon/sta...79931405090817

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    It might be some sort of brilliant 4D chess move, that mere mortals will never understand?

I sure hope so. :/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ▶Anonymous 05/23/19 (Thu) 21:48:27 27b2b5 (1) No.6572364>>6572424
    Q
    What can you tell us about Assange??

▶Q !!mG7VJxZNCI 05/23/19 (Thu) 22:01:32 0f664c (2) No.6572667>>6572676 >>6572677 >>6572679 >>6572680 >>6572682 >>6572685 >>6572686 >>6572688 >>6572690 >>6572692 >>6572695 >>6572696 >>6572697 >>6572701 >>6572702 >>6572703 >>6572704 >>6572708 >>6572709 >>6572711 >>6572712 >>6572713 >>6572715 >>6572716 >>6572718 >>6572719 >>6572720 >>6572721 >>6572723 >>6572724 >>6572726 >>6572729 >>6572731 >>6572733 >>6572734 >>6572738 >>6572741 >>6572747 >>6572748 >>6572752 >>6572753 >>6572757 >>6572759 >>6572760 >>6572761 >>6572762 >>6572764 >>6572767 >>6572768 >>6572770 >>6572780 >>6572783

>>6572364 (/pb)

Under protection.
    Threat is real.
    Key to DNC 'source' 'hack' '187'.
    Q
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Step 1: Grant him citizenship whether he wants it or not.
    Step 2: Try him for treason!
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Ha ha, yeah right. Trump is loving the distraction away from Amash making headline news by calling Trump out.
    This story has been swept under the rug by the MSM. Too many on the left, especially the establishment, cheer this action.

The Intercept is reporting on it critically, but that’s about it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

While Assange is being indicted on these charges, Hillary walks free. Unbelievable.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    There will be further charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    What charges?
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Conspiracy to:

30-40 year slam dunk sentence- forget about him.

Then an inmate murders him.

Or he's dungeoned to obscurity in Leavenworth.

Or they send him to Mogadishu... Maybe Uzbekistan.
    Shocking.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But Trump Bolton is going to pardon him...right...right?
    What was I thinking?
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

signed

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    While Assange is being indicted on these charges, Hillary walks free. Unbelievable.
    She walks around and starts 35 million dollar hoaxes and calls on the speaker of the house to rally for impeachment because of a hoax basically a deep state coup. $#@!ing war of the worlds $#@!, Hillary's propaghanda isn't illegal but it is surely criminal.

Well, you know Trump is fighting the Deep State by doing this right? By imprisoning the guy fighting to reveal the evils of the National Security State, Trump is playing 150D chess against them!

Caitlin Johnstone ⏳‏ @caitoz · 9 hod.
    How Many Times Must Assange Be Proven Right Before People Start Listening?
    https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/h...g-61229805a3d8

"17 counts of violating the Espionage Act, with a maximum sentence of 175 years in prison. Exactly as Assange and his defenders have been warning would happen for nearly a decade."

Yet another proof that Trump follows the path paved by Bush. Clinton and Obama. His regime is just extension of the globalist/neocon regimes preceded him...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Caitlin Johnstone ⏳‏ @caitoz · 9 hod.
    How Many Times Must Assange Be Proven Right Before People Start Listening?
    https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/h...g-61229805a3d8

"17 counts of violating the Espionage Act, with a maximum sentence of 175 years in prison. Exactly as Assange and his defenders have been warning would happen for nearly a decade."

Yet another proof that Trump follows the path paved by Bush. Clinton and Obama. His regime is just extension of the globalist/neocon regimes preceded him...
    Rand's strategy here is politically expedient but rather spineless in calling for immunity in exchange for testimony.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast