Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLASHBACK: Justin Amash Supported Federally-Funded Transgender Surgeries for Military

FLASHBACK: Justin Amash Supported Federally-Funded Transgender Surgeries for Military

When self-proclaimed constitutionalist Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) endorsed impeachment of President Donald Trump, it shocked many conservative Republicans to see the former tea party favorite join in the Democrats’ witch hunt.
    But Amash’s left-ward drift has been a long time in the making. One egregious example in recent years was Amash’s support of federally-funded elective surgery for transgenders in the military.
    In 2017, Amash joined 190 Democrats and a handful of liberal anti-Trump Republicans to reject a proposal by Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-MO) to deny federal funds for the elective surgery of military personnel claiming they are transgender.
    “We must confront these challenges by ensuring our defense dollars maximize the military’s readiness and lethality,” Hartlzer said. “That is why I’m offering an amendment to advance these goals by prohibiting taxpayer dollars from funding gender reassignment surgeries and related hormone therapy treatment for members of the military and their dependents.”

The measure could have saved up to $3.7 billion over the next decade by refusing to indulge these potentially mentally ill individuals with genital mutilation surgery and other health care services pertaining to their condition. The supposed fiscal conservative voted in effect to expend federal funds on this social project.
    After feeling the heat from his constituents regarding this vote, Amash first passed the buck, blaming former Defense Secretary James Mattis to his support of military transgenderism.
    “Sec. [James] Mattis and the White House urged us not to adopt Hartzler Amendment [and] all the administration wants is three months to review everything,” he said.
    The administration never confirmed Amash’s statement. It does not seem plausible that Amash, who has emerged as the top opponent to Trump in the Republican Party, would take orders from his White House.

Always talking out of both sides of his mouth, Amash seemed to endorse the idea of federally funding transgender medical care when addressing his followers on social media.
    “Those who serve in our Armed Forces deserve the best medical care,” Amash wrote on his Facebook account. “One question we must ask and answer, with the aid of the medical community, is which treatments are medically necessary and which are simply elective. With respect to transgender persons, we should focus on the best science, not the political or philosophical opinions of partisans.”
    Other times Amash has worked with Democrats have included his vote against Kate’s Law, his voting down of a resolution condemning illegal immigrants voting in elections, and his protection of Planned Parenthood funding with Obama-esque ‘present’ votes.
    Two primary challengers have already announced that they will be battling against Amash next year to be the Republican U.S. Congressional nominee in Michigan’s third district.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/flashb...-for-military/

I'd still rather see him keep his seat but there is something wrong with him.
    I've always said that he votes the wrong way at the weirdest times.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Somethig is wrong here, he wants US taxpayers money to be spent same way on US soldiers as US taxpayers money is spent on foreign soldiers?
    Does he support US taxpayers funded free abortions for US troops also?

Flashback: GOP-Adelson wing sends $38 Billion US taxpayers aid to Israeli Military

The Israeli Defense Forces paid for this soldier's sex reassignment

Carol Hills
    April 13, 2017

"I was so nervous. I don't remember anything from this talk."
    That's how the first openly transgender officer in the Israel Defense Forces, Lt. Shahar Erez, recalls the time three years ago when he was training to be an officer and told his company he was trans.
    "Back home I already identified as a male but enlisted as a female because I was afraid it would affect my service," he says.
    "[But] in order for me to have an open and honest relationship with my soldiers," he remembers thinking as he prepared to serve as an officer, "I must be first open and honest with them."
    So Erez stood up in front of the 70-plus soldiers he was commanding and told them his story — "not in order for them to better know me," he says, "but to be a better commander, to give them another tool to be the best officer they can be."
    The IDF paid for all the costs related to Erez's sexual reassignment. Israel has universal health insurance.
    "I did my upper surgery, my chest surgery, actually during my service," he says. "The IDF is my insurance and so it covered all my expenses for my hormones and surgeries."
    "Taking testosterone is making me a better soldier, and stronger," Erez says, adding it's been exciting to be able to grow a beard.

https://theweek.com/articles/691629/...x-reassignment

OP, if you consider this wasteful expenditure, have you ever posted a news here exposing US taxpayers money being spent on such surgeries for foreign soldiers?
    If not, why not?

Related Flashback:
    Mike Pompeo: ‘We want the whole Middle East to look like Israel’

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    OP, if you consider this wasteful expenditure, have you ever posted a news here exposing US taxpayers money being spent on such surgeries for foreign soldiers?
    If not, why not?
    I have posted many posts opposing ALL foreign aid and many posts specifically opposing ALL foreign aid to Israel so you can take your snark and smoke it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

While tirelessly defending the very interests and lobbies that are driving globalist spending projects that you claim to oppose.

On the surface it sounds incredible for any American to prioritize objecting to taxpayers money being spent on US troops surgeries vs objecting to US taxpayers money being spent on foreign soldiers surgeries. This is something that one would expect at an AIPAC or ZOA type Foreign-Firster forum perhaps.

While tirelessly defending the very interests and lobbies that are driving globalist spending projects that you claim to oppose.
    Nope, and when I defend certain people who may be involved it is because I have many different issues I care about because I am actually an American as opposed to you and your obssesion with just one issue.

On the surface it sounds incredible for any American to prioritize objecting to taxpayers money being spent on US troops surgeries vs objecting to US taxpayers money being spent on foreign soldiers surgeries. This is something that one would expect at an AIPAC or ZOA type Foreign-Firster forum perhaps.
    LOL

I am not prioritizing anything.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    you can take your snark and smoke it.

*Best Tommy Chong impression*

That's sour diesel crossed with some weed I bought off a cop, man..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Banned

Blog Entries
    94% Freedom Index Score!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    With some of the weirdest bad votes you will ever see.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

With some of the weirdest bad votes you will ever see.
    Wow that 6% must be awful. Is he voting to increase Federal spending? Is he voting to increase our military presence around the world? 6% Really? Learn what's important.

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    Wow that 6% must be awful. Is he voting to increase Federal spending? Is he voting to increase our military presence around the world? 6% Really? Learn what's important.
    Is this weird enough for you?

FLASHBACK: Justin Amash Supported Federally-Funded Transgender Surgeries for Military

You did read the OP, right?
    Does Federally funded tranny surgery not increase Federal spending?

I have never called for him to lose his seat because he is so much better than other members of Congress but he has votes that are definitely not libertarian and aren't even arguable.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

I have never called for him to lose his seat because he is so much better than other members of Congress but he has votes that are definitely not libertarian and aren't even arguable.
    This issue is not important to me in the scheme of things.

Good that you haven't called for him to loose his seat. That is important.

The histrionics over that 6% because it is "weird" is just that. Don't sweat the little things.

Good that you haven't called for him to loose his seat.
    He is gay?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It does not seem plausible that Amash, who has emerged as the top opponent to Trump in the Republican Party, would take orders from his White House.

Always talking out of both sides of his mouth, Amash seemed to endorse the idea of federally funding transgender medical care when addressing his followers on social media.

“Those who serve in our Armed Forces deserve the best medical care,” Amash wrote on his Facebook account. “One question we must ask and answer, with the aid of the medical community, is which treatments are medically necessary and which are simply elective. With respect to transgender persons, we should focus on the best science, not the political or philosophical opinions of partisans.”[/url]

I'd still rather see him keep his seat but there is something wrong with him.
    I've always said that he votes the wrong way at the weirdest times.
    There's something more wrong with you. You disagree that we should not pick and choose which treatments are medically necessary based on politics? Because that's pretty horrible.

Another Trejo article. I am starting to think you're actually Shane. Your a dead ringer for him. Anti-vaxxer, faux-anti war, always working to divide the conservative factions.

Let me know when he writes something angrily about the size of the president's budgets and the massive debt we're accumulating under Trump's lead. And before you reply, remember - military spending is constitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's something more wrong with you. You disagree that we should not pick and choose which treatments are medically necessary based on politics? Because that's pretty horrible.

Another Trejo article. I am starting to think you're actually Shane. Your a dead ringer for him. Anti-vaxxer, faux-anti war, always working to divide the conservative factions.

Let me know when he writes something angrily about the size of the president's budgets and the massive debt we're accumulating under Trump's lead.
    Tranny surgery is NEVER medically necessary.

I am totally anti-war, I do not always work to divide conservative factions and I am not anyone named Shane.

Your TDS is accelerating.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries

I recall somebody often pointing out he is Palestinian, so this vote makes sense.

Banned

Blog Entries

I am totally anti-war, I do not always work to divide conservative factions and I am not anyone named Shane.

Your TDS is accelerating.
    The IED has introduced great advancements in genital reconstruction surgery.
    100's of them have been done, thanks to Iraq.

I happen to know of one who pees through a tube.
    Still alive now, I think... it's been years since I talked of him to a family member of his.
    But he was alive 6 years after he lost his junk.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    The Russian collusion hoax is of utmost importance.

I know who my enemies are.

The IED has introduced great advancements in genital reconstruction surgery.
    100's of them have been done, thanks to Iraq.

I happen to know of one who pees through a tube.
    Still alive now, I think... it's been years since I talked of him to a family member of his.
    But he was alive 6 years after he lost his junk.
    Repairing combat mutilation (even as the wrong sex) is not the same as elective tranny surgery and was not what was being debated.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I recall somebody often pointing out he is Palestinian, so this vote makes sense.
    How does being Palestinian make Federally funded tranny surgery make sense?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I thought Amash was fiscally conservative. Shouldn't transitions be made on a private vs, Federal dime?

Repairing combat mutilation (even as the wrong sex) is not the same as elective tranny surgery and was not what was being debated.
    That's never been how VA health benefits work.

The bigger point here is you want politicians which deciding medical treatments are medically necessary, while Amash says we should let the doctors make those decisions.

That makes him right, and you wrong.

Doctors shouldn't being making decisions for individuals either.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I think the idea is for the doctor and patient be the decision makers rather than some politician in DC.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man this is a huge one for me. Who granted doctors ownership of us, and why do they actually think they do? Using extortion tactics they do indeed own us and I'm getting sick of it. They have more power over us than even law enforcement, the courts, or the government. They have the extortion power of life or death over us if we do not comply with their every edict.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I think the idea is for the doctor and patient be the decision makers rather than some politician in DC.
    Transitioning can be expensive—up to $130,000 per person for numerous body-mutilating and cosmetic procedures over many months (or years) to fashion the body to appear as the opposite sex.

Yet, no matter how skilled the surgeon, or how much money is spent, it is biologically impossible to change a man into a woman or a woman into a man. The change is only cosmetic.

The medical community continues to recommend this radical “treatment” in the absence of scientific evidence that people are better off in the long run. This population attempts suicide at a rate of 40 percent.

Even after the full surgical change, they attempt to end their lives, or tragically succeed.

Over 60 percent of this diverse population suffer from co-existing mental disorders. Consider Bradley Manning (now Chelsea Manning), a former Army soldier who was so psychologically and emotionally unbalanced that he stole confidential documents from the military and forwarded them to WikiLeaks.
    https://www.dailysignal.com/2017/07/...be-disastrous/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Man this is a huge one for me. Who granted doctors ownership of us, and why do they actually think they do? Using extortion tactics they do indeed own us and I'm getting sick of it. They have more power over us than even law enforcement, the courts, or the government. They have the extortion power of life or death over us if we do not comply with their every edict.
    Exactly. The medical mafia is really much more dangerous to individual liberty.

Exactly. The medical mafia is really much more dangerous to individual liberty.
    And because of O-Bro care it has gotten much worse, just try to go find another doctor because you are not happy or want a second opinion concerning something serious. They are either not taking on any new patients or the wait for the first appointment is 3 to 6 months. They know this and absolutely use it to extort you.

This topic would make a good thread in it's self. Bet everyone has a story to share...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

A better way to describe this is not that it's federal funding of transgender surgeries, but that it's federal funding of the military. The medical benefits provided to military personnel are part of their compensation package in exchange for their labor and risks. Currently they are allowed to spend this compensation on elective reassignment surgeries. The bill Amash voted against would have banned that when it comes to how they use their medical benefits.

As a thought experiment consider a hypothetical situation where Congress votes on a similar bill, only this version is a ban on allowing military personnel from spending their own money that they got paid for their military service on sex reassignment surgeries. Would a no vote on that still be called supporting federally funded transgender surgeries for the military?

It probably would be better if there were no medical benefits in their compensation packages (or in anyone else's either), and instead the military (and any other employer) just paid its employees more money and left it to them to shop for the insurance of their choice if they wanted. But as it is, including medical insurance in employees' compensation packages is the norm (and indeed, now the law in most cases).
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 05-30-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    And because of O-Bro care it has gotten much worse, just try to go find another doctor because you are not happy or want a second opinion concerning something serious. They are either not taking on any new patients or the wait for the first appointment is 3 to 6 months. They know this and absolutely use it to extort you.

This topic would make a good thread in it's self. Bet everyone has a story to share...
    That is exactly how the VA worked--if anyone wants a glimpse of how socialize medicine works all they have to do is ask a veteran. Socialized medicine is a doctor making the decisions for you, Angela is correct on that note.

If you don't accept the treatment they suggest, they will bully and scare you into it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast