Thread: Who was the last POTUS

Who was the last POTUS

To do a significantly better job of looking after America than Trump ? ( In advance please refrain from listing Nixon , LBJ or Obama as that would be insulting to the more intelligent forum members ) . I am going with Ike .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coolidge
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Calvin Coolidge. Guy shrunk the national debt and budget all while finding a way to cut taxes. My second favorite president right behind Grover Cleveland. It's a shame historians don't rank him much higher.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-22-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Calvin Coolidge. Guy shrunk the national debt and budget all while finding a way to cut taxes. My second favorite president right behind Grover Cleveland.
    I went with Ike because he is the most recent to have had a year where revenue was more than spending . Never happen again .
    Do something Danke

Trump is pretty good but Abraham Lincoln was the first President to Make America Great Again
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Trump is pretty good but Abraham Lincoln was the first President to Make America Great Again
    Yankee.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Yankee.
    It's good to be on the winning side .
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It's good to be on the winning side .
    There are Yankees, D@#^ Yankees and Scalawags.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coolidge did have the benefit of good timing. The 1920 recession ended- followed by the Roaring 20's. He left office just as the Great Depression hit. Clinton had good timing as well with the Dot Com boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Coolidge did have the benefit of good timing. The 1920 recession ended- followed by the Roaring 20's. He left office just as the Great Depression hit. Clinton had good timing as well with the Dot Com boom.
    LOL at the false comparison.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Who was the last POTUS
    Valerie Jarrett
    Last edited by timosman; 05-22-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I think Clinton may have been outright derelict in some important things like china.
    Do something Danke

Name a President that wasn't surrounded by bankers and other british loyalists? It would be that one. And since Trump is surrounded by them also, I question the premise of the question.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Name a President that wasn't surrounded by bankers and other british loyalists? It would be that one. And since Trump is surrounded by them also, I question the premise of the question.
    That is a fair point about bankers .
    Do something Danke

Well, Bolton is doing a great job.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Well, Bolton is doing a great job.
    Fantastic, even.

Even on this RPF people are still looking to "leaders". Self-responsibility, individualism appears to have gone by the way-side.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I went with Ike because he is the most recent to have had a year where revenue was more than spending . Never happen again .
    High government revenue is not a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    No additional debt IS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No additional debt IS.
    I disagree. It's only good if it's by way of lower spending. If spending increases and revenue increases even more to the point that it exceeds spending, that's still a net negative.

I disagree. It's only good if it's by way of lower spending. If spending increases and revenue increases even more to the point that it exceeds spending, that's still a net negative.
    Is that what Ike did? or did he cut spending?
    It is also a good thing if it happens because government gets out of the way of the economy and tax revenues increase because of it as long as the government doesn't increase taxes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Depends on your definition of taking care of, I suppose. I don't need a daddy.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I feel like adding to the debt contributes to the lack of faith in the worthless paper currency which contributes to inflation .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Fantastic, even.

Even on this RPF people are still looking to "leaders". Self-responsibility, individualism appears to have gone by the way-side.
    I do not need any leader but the country has them . Not really my idea .
    Do something Danke

I feel like adding to the debt contributes to the lack of faith in the worthless paper currency which contributes to inflation .
    Yes, which is a tax. And paying for more spending at the time it is spent so as to forego that added debt is also a tax. In the end total spending is always exactly equal to total taxation. So the most crucial factor is total spending.

Cutting taxes and/or borrowing are means to the end of cutting spending by starving the Leviathan. But reducing borrowing on its own is no good if it comes by way of raising taxes.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.