Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amash is all over Drudgereport

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Don't you see, devil, that's what they want. To be able to roll everything into world government, they had to undermine the U.S.. They've been working on it for many, many years.

I think of countries as cutouts where people of similar beliefs can live together peacefully. And as said by a variety of our founding fathers, we should trade and travel with other countries. There is no reason why they have to be like us; quite the contrary. They live as they choose and we live as we choose. As long as there is no attacks against us, or imminent threat of one, we should leave each other the heck alone, outside of trade and travel and being well-wishers.

World government doesn't cause peace among all peoples. What it does is hand all power to an even smaller group of people. People that we have no chance whatsoever to replace. You think it's bad now? You ain't seen nothing yet.
    It's a complicated topic with no good choices since humans are flawed creatures, no matter where they reside and are not capable of "governing" each other for that exact reason. We only have to look at what our own governments have become to know this is true. My local government is full of morons that don't know $#@! about $#@!. They just like being part of the 'elect'.

I do think our views of history are very different so we will likely never see this complicated topic the same way. My understanding is that this country was created to be used as a tool to bring about world government, not to be an everlasting sole superpower. The destruction you refer to was baked into the cake from the start. Not unlike the symbolism of the twin towers being built then later destroyed by a controlled demolition.

The "world government" is pretty much already here and has been for a while. The finishing touches are being applied now in the form of Agenda 2030. I also must mention that the "nationalist" Trump never says a peep about A2030 and looks to me to be a fine distraction while those touches are applied. I understand and agree with most of your thoughts but on the topic of borders alone, the real history of where the modern iteration of nations and borders comes from and why they were instituted doesn't lie.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I remember a guy from Texas who gave up his seat in the House to run for President on the Libertarian ticket. He also ran for the Senate and lost. He then won his House seat back and proceeded to tick off the GOP for a couple decades, running two more unsuccessful presidential campaigns in that time frame. These forums are named after him.
    Yes, of course - but was that a good move? Ron did not become nationally recognizable until he was very old.
    Now he's too old to run again and Rand picks up the helm.. but is Rand switching to L ? no. It was not the right move.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What I find interesting ( and it might only be me ) is that I think we have arrived at a time where it does not even matter who a Libertarian candidate for president is . 1) I do not think they can get any votes 2) if they did it would hand the presidency to a bernie 3) I fail to see how any of that is good for me . Personally I hope the guy stays where he is .
    Do something Danke

Curious - what positions do you think Ron Paul and Justin Amash differ on?
    I think they would vote the same on most all bills, but Justin Amash seems to have a lot more trust in the mainstream media. In fact, you almost have to worship them to believe this Trump/Russia nonsense and have as much TDS as he does.

That said, we still need him in congress.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What I find interesting ( and it might only be me ) is that I think we have arrived at a time where it does not even matter who a Libertarian candidate for president is ..
    it never mattered.

Now with the marijuana legalization thing embraced by Dems and Reps, the party is well under <1%

Justin Amash has a voting record that is untouched. This brouhaha from the Trumpettes, especially here on these forums, borders on the absurd. We are on the edge of at least 2 wars, and the butthurt brigade is prepping to throw out one of the two biggest advocates for liberty and non-intervention in the House simply because he has strayed from the GOP thought-police plantation.

This is why I hate people.
    I don't want to see him go precisely for those reasons. You're not gonna easily find someone to fill that seat and have that kind of a voting record. I do find it curious that so many people here want to cheer him on as he commits an act of political hari kari, but no one ever accused libertarians of being politically savvy, so maybe I shouldn't find that so odd.

If I was gonna fall on a sword, I would rather it be going against a war in Iran and pissing off TPTB, and going out in a blaze of glory, rather than parroting the MSM talking points. No one's gonna remember him for that.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-21-2019 at 12:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

It's called principle. Amash has it in spades.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I do find it curious that so many people here want to cheer him on as he commits an act of political hari kari
    Supporting someone who put principles before pragmatic politics is what brought us here in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    (meaning the topic of borders, not world communism, per se)

I'll say that's the part of the globalist agenda I'm mostly ok with, after realizing that borders and "nations" have mainly been used by the ruling powers for hundreds, if not thousands, of years to foment their profiteering wars of conquest. How do you incite people to go kill people in other parts of the world if you can't apply a label to them, such as Iraqi? You can't! The modern iteration of "nations" is very much a british empire creation and for what should now be obvious reasons since it still happens today. The sun never truly set on the british empire.

It's a tricky situation, for sure, to maintain a particular culture when anyone can come to "your" land and set up shop, but if people believe in competition in the marketplace, why not also believe in competition of cultures? Even down to competition in such basic things as biology/breeding? I have thought it contradictory how conservatives on one hand pray at the altar of "free market competition" but then on the other hand so vehemently oppose it when it comes to topics like borders.
    An interesting conversation to be had there. Are nations competitors? Is war a form of competition? Does eliminating borders eliminate competition between nations?

Corporations compete but they don’t go to war. That is unless they have enough power to drive a nation to war on their behalf.

What I found interesting recently was a Trotskyite on TV explaining how global communism can only work when it is implemented globally. Anything less and it won’t work. It’s kind of an ironic position. “It will work, as long as there is no competition.”

So the goal is global uniformity in political and economic systems. No competition. Can nations exist under this system? They would probably claim that nations can still exist, but they would be relatively meaningless. The saying that nations are only lines on a map becomes the goal. Make them nothing but lines on a map. Divisions of the larger global order. Pieces of the same global pie.

Of course history shows that enforcing such conformity tends to become more and more draconian over time. No doubt the government would be entirely consumed with enforcing economic, societal and political conformity. Penalties would be severe.

Would war be replaced with a Big Brother state, continuously at “war” with any deviation, non-conformity or competition?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Supporting someone who put principles before pragmatic politics is what brought us here in the first place.
    You find me some principles other than "Orange man bad" and I'll concede the point. You still have to explain why sometimes Ron Paul agrees with Trump and sometimes he lets him have it and doesn't hold back. At least when he finds fault with Trump he doesn't pull his talking points out of CNN transcripts. You are making it more about the man than the issues. In all his years in office, Ron NEVER did that.

This ain't the sword to fall on, friend.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-21-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    It's called principle. Amash has it in spades.
    Uh, his Trump comments are very anti-libertarian and pro-establishment.. that said, he is still better than 99% of the people in congress.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What YOU are supporting is world communism. But, you don't seem to even realize it.
    World communism the free exchange of goods and service across borders with no government regulation or centralized control? You expect us to really believe that? How stupid do you think people are, because only a complete ignoramous would believe that.

You find me some principles other than "Orange man bad" and I'll concede the point.
    Let's flip that, and if you can find Amash ever saying, "Orange man bad," then you don't have to concede the point. But if you can't then you just conceded it already by saying this.

Let's flip that, and if you can find Amash ever saying, "Orange man bad," then you don't have to concede the point. But if you can't then you just conceded it already by saying this.
    I ain't flipping Jack Schitt with you.

You know what this whole charade is? Everything from DAY ONE of this presidency.

Newsletters.

If you don't get the connection, you'd best go digging deep in the archives of RPF and find thread after thread of posts about "Newsletters". F*ckin superficial. character. assassination. Wasn't right when they did it to Ron, and it ain't right now. I mean FFS, how can someone be dragged through the mud this much and still come out orange?

You dont' get it.

In 5 years, maybe one, Trump is gone.

GONE my friend. OUT. DONE. KAPUT. SAYONARA! -----I've been saying it since the first meltdown video went viral.

You know what is still gonna be here?

Alphabet agencies controlled by special interests and backroom agreements hellbent on suppressing political opposition like some banana republic secret police force. (that includes you)
    A cabal of neoliberal/neoconservative mainstream media outlets that actively root out and destroy anything that doesn't fit an approved narrative.(yours ain't it)
    Hordes of misguided liberals screaming "reeeeee!!!!!" at anything you say to drown out your voice.(if you can help from screaming with them, you might notice)

Basically everything you support, right now, to fight something as temporary, as Trump, is gonna be looking for a bottle of lube and a table to bend you over.

The #%it I'm warning you about, the sh#^ you SHOULD be afraid of, oh— it'll still be here. But hey, ya got rid of Trump. You got rid of a reality. TV. show. star. Thunderous golf clap, for you sir!

You need to decide right quick which one you think is a bigger, lasting threat. I've made up my mind. But you just stay focused on Trump, sweetheart. I'm willing to bet near everything I own including the family pets to think a lot of accounts are just gonna go inactive when he is out of office. Mission accomplished.

^^^^^there's your mother fk'in principles. I've got 'em, "In spades."
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-21-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

I ain't flipping Jack Schitt with you.
    Apology accepted.

What YOU are supporting is world communism. But, you don't seem to even realize it.
    Curious - what positions do you think Ron Paul and Justin Amash differ on?
    Ron talked about troops on the border not overseas. Justins tool company manufactures in China so justin is putting personal preference over people and country

Apology accepted.
    Go get back on your moral high horse. I didn't mean to knock it out from under you. Actually I did, but, it is your horse and you should have it back.

I just did a search for "newsletters" on RPF and there's 80 pages of archive. You'd best get cracking. You want to know what we had to deal with from the MSM/establishment before Trump got here, and what we're gonna have to deal with in the coming days when he's gone, if you're in this for the long haul.

But then again if you're just some spoof account created in 2016 to oppose a reality TV star, and aren't gonna be here after 20-24, I don't advise you to waste your time with the research.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-21-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Koke influenced, I am sure. Open Borders. No manufacturing in US. A "Never Trumper" from the get-go.

The US has been deindustrialized and these people want to further it--certainly not in America's best interest.
    Yeah, Koch Industries really hates domestic Industries and manufacturing.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Go get back on your moral high horse. I didn't mean to knock it out from under you. Actually I did, but, it is your horse and you should have it back.

I just did a search for "newsletters" on RPF and there's 80 pages of archive. You'd best get cracking. You want to know what we had to deal with from the MSM/establishment before Trump got here, and what we're gonna have to deal with in the coming days when he's gone, if you're in this for the long haul.

But then again if you're just some spoof account created in 2016 to oppose a reality TV star, and aren't gonna be here after 20-24, I don't advise you to waste your time with the research.
    I know all about the newsletters. And it's clear enough to me that there's no resemblance between anything Amash has done and any of those dishonest smears against Ron Paul. You're too caught up in your blind worship of Donald Trump to see that. Your inability to find any examples of Amash doing that after you first accused him of it is proof that you know this.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 05-21-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Justin Amash has a voting record that is untouched. This brouhaha from the Trumpettes, especially here on these forums, borders on the absurd. We are on the edge of at least 2 wars, and the butthurt brigade is prepping to throw out one of the two biggest advocates for liberty and non-intervention in the House simply because he has strayed from the GOP thought-police plantation.

This is why I hate people.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    The goal is to wipe him out and replace him with a Dem/Neocon who will have a nice, comfortable Freedom Index Score of 50% or UNDER. Hopefully the shills on this RPF will do everything they can to make that happen. I mean come on, we have been called anarchists and "purists" time and again, Justin's score of 94% is just completely unacceptable and incompatible with the current administration.
    Hammer, meet nail. This is exactly why the trumpettes and shylls are here, Ron Paul and his supporters' efforts to elect more Liberty Candidates were successful enough to be a threat. Direct opposition to Ron Paul, direct opposition to Massie, now direct opposition to Amash. And the entire time, the constant sales pitch for supporting the lesser of two evils instead of getting more Massies and Amashes and Rands elected. This place used to be focused on activism instead of endless arguing with deluded trumpettes and the shylls.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

I know all about the newsletters. And it's clear enough to me that there's no resemblance between anything Amash has done and any of those dishonest smears against Ron Paul. You're too caught up in your blind worship of Donald Trump to see that. Your inability to find any examples of Amash doing that after you first accused him of it is proof that you know this.
    Look I said, I don't want to see Amash go. 94% freedom index is pretty damned good for a congressman.

I suspect YOU are the one who wants him to be gone, insisting that he jump on this witch-hunt bandwagon, which is POLITICAL SUICIDE in republican circles. Unless y'all are intentionally trying to get Amash out of office by encouraging this stand, I give you sir, an F, in situational awareness. The support he will gain from joining the bandwagon is going to be negligible to the loss he's gonna take when the neocon MSM gets done with him. Y'all want him to lose this battle AND the war. Hell there's a good chance that Amash might outlast Trump's time in office. Well, there was. Hopefully it was worth losing a congressman just so you can poke Trump in the eye. H'yuck h'yuck h'yuck. G-d-damn, use your brains.

You gave me a neg rep, and I'm somewhat offended, but not because you didn't like what I said. I basically just let loose what was on my heart with that post, put time and effort into it, and you gave me a one-liner reply presumptively accepting an apology from me I never offered.

I still don't apologize.

And you missed about 90% of what I wrote. I even bolded and italicized the important parts for you. Between you and I, I'm the one who isn't 'blinded by Trump.' I'm telling you, in 5 years, he's gone. The clown is gonna leave the circus. If you're ready to start fighting the MSM then, we'll be waiting for you. But you know, you could always start now.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-21-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Yeah, Koch Industries really hates domestic Industries and manufacturing.
    They love that really cheap labor--that's what helps them make billions and helps Koch Dynasty political influences. That is the bottom line.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Hammer, meet nail. This is exactly why the trumpettes and shylls are here, Ron Paul and his supporters' efforts to elect more Liberty Candidates were successful enough to be a threat. Direct opposition to Ron Paul, direct opposition to Massie, now direct opposition to Amash. And the entire time, the constant sales pitch for supporting the lesser of two evils instead of getting more Massies and Amashes and Rands elected. This place used to be focused on activism instead of endless arguing with deluded trumpettes and the shylls.
    + Rep.

Some of us are still activists, attend weekly meetings and events to help educate others ;-)

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

They love that really cheap labor--that's what helps them make billions and helps Koch Dynasty political influences. That is the bottom line.
    So if/when you decide to open a business out your garage (until you expand), you would not mind if I complained about what you are paying your workers, or better yet, if I turned you in to the government, even if I am not part owner? Or perhaps if you decide to hire me and I feel that I am not being paid enough and your and my negotiations fail, I should have a right to order you to pay more or cry to the government to "do something (Danke)".

There was a time when workers worked, climbed the ladder, sought other employment, or took the risk and started their own venture. Now we have folks on RPF "complaining" about what a private owner/business does. Marvelous.

Look I said, I don't want to see Amash go. 94% freedom index is pretty damned good for a congressman.

I suspect YOU are the one who wants him to be gone, insisting that he jump on this witch-hunt bandwagon, which is POLITICAL SUICIDE in republican circles. Unless y'all are intentionally trying to get Amash out of office by encouraging this stand, I give you sir, an F, in situational awareness. The support he will gain from joining the bandwagon is going to be negligible to the loss he's gonna take when the neocon MSM gets done with him. Y'all want him to lose this battle AND the war. Hell there's a good chance that Amash might outlast Trump's time in office. Well, there was. Hopefully it was worth losing a congressman just so you can poke Trump in the eye. H'yuck h'yuck h'yuck. G-d-damn, use your brains.

You gave me a neg rep, and I'm somewhat offended, but not because you didn't like what I said. I basically just let loose what was on my heart with that post, put time and effort into it, and you gave me a one-liner reply presumptively accepting an apology from me I never offered.

I still don't apologize.

And you missed about 90% of what I wrote. I even bolded and italicized the important parts for you. Between you and I, I'm the one who isn't 'blinded by Trump.' I'm telling you, in 5 years, he's gone. The clown is gonna leave the circus. If you're ready to start fighting the MSM then, we'll be waiting for you. But you know, you could always start now.
    Outta rep...

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    World communism the free exchange of goods and service across borders with no government regulation or centralized control? You expect us to really believe that? How stupid do you think people are, because only a complete ignoramous would believe that.
    What the hell are you talking about?

You really think Trump's opposition wants free trade?

Are you completely insane, or just totally delusional?

Trump just took off all the tariffs on Mexico and Canadian steel. Because he made a deal with them. Because they finally decided to cooperate and give us a better deal (better deal = lower tariffs/taxes).

Trump doesn't want tariffs, he wants fair deals with low tariffs on both sides. This isn't rocket appliances. How long are you going to be in your TDS bubble?
    Last edited by dannno; 05-21-2019 at 03:24 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    So if/when you decide to open a business out your garage (until you expand), you would not mind if I complained about what you are paying your workers, or better yet, if I turned you in to the government, even if I am not part owner? Or perhaps if you decide to hire me and I feel that I am not being paid enough and your and my negotiations fail, I should have a right to order you to pay more or cry to the government to "do something (Danke)".

There was a time when workers worked, climbed the ladder, sought other employment, or took the risk and started their own venture. Now we have folks on RPF "complaining" about what a private owner/business does. Marvelous.
    I hate when Billionaires throw their billions for political gain, and that is exactly what the Koch brothers and others like them do. We're not talking a free market here with people that monopolize the market and flood it with cheap labor and goods where others cannot compete.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Outta rep...
    Gotcha covered.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    +rep

They're getting bolder and bolder.

I hate when Billionaires throw their billions for political gain, and that is exactly what the Koch brothers and others like them do. We're not talking a free market here with people that monopolize the market and flood it with cheap labor and goods where others cannot compete.
    We can agree on that, but instead of blaming the problem on "invaders" or request government intervention, or complain about what businesses pay or do not pay, why not get to the root and we all demand an end to lobbying? It has to start somewhere, the more of us who scream the better. But we must help educate others to the root cause.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast