Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 65

Thread: 43 percent say socialism is a "good thing" for America

  1. #1

    Exclamation 43 percent say socialism is a "good thing" for America

    Not surprising.

    Idiot kids brought up in socialistic, gynocratic institutions, more than half of all household receiving some form of socialist government cheese, and tens of millions of migrant invaders still doe-eyed over the failed socialist $#@!holes they just ran away from, and I'm, quite frankly, suprised that number isn't higher.

    Stick a fork in this place...it's done.

    Of the remnant, separate now, or die.



    Four in 10 Americans Embrace Some Form of Socialism

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/257639/...socialism.aspx

    43% of Americans say socialism would be a good thing for the country
    51% believe socialism would be a bad thing for the country
    Americans split on viewing economy as free market or government controlled

    WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans today are more closely divided than they were earlier in the last century when asked whether some form of socialism would be a good or bad thing for the country. While 51% of U.S. adults say socialism would be a bad thing for the country, 43% believe it would be a good thing. Those results contrast with a 1942 Roper/Fortune survey that found 40% describing socialism as a bad thing, 25% a good thing and 34% not having an opinion.

    More Americans Now See Socialism as a Good Thing for the Country
    Would some form of socialism be a good thing or a bad thing for the country as a whole?
    1942 2019 Change
    Good thing 25 43 +18
    Bad thing 40 51 +11
    No opinion 34 6 -28
    Net "good thing" -15 -8 +7
    Note: 1942 data gathered by Roper Center for Public Opinion Research

    The Roper/Fortune survey is one of the oldest trend questions measuring attitudes on socialism in the U.S. Gallup's update of the question in an April 17-30 survey finds Americans more likely to have an opinion on the matter now, as well as a smaller gap in the percentage calling socialism a bad thing vs. a good thing.

    Previous Gallup research shows that Americans' definition of socialism has changed over the years, with nearly one in four now associating the concept with social equality and 17% associating it with the more classical definition of having some degree of government control over the means of production. A majority of Democrats have said they view socialism positively in Gallup polling since 2010, including 57% in the most recent measure in 2018.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    https://twitter.com/thecjpearson/sta...99475209318401

    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #3
    Don't let propaganda polls get you down, they need to be taken with a whole sack of salt.

    There are far too many of them though and we need to separate or we will end up killing eachother.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  5. #4
    Last time they tried it, it failed because "it wasnt real socialism". And it failed the time before that, and the time before that and the time before that! Something something history repeats itself? But that would be redundant now wouldnt it? Yay socialism! The real version this time, not that fake phoney polluted version they had last time...
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

  6. #5

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post

    Good graphic.
    @Swordsmyth - take a good look at that. Now try to put the pieces of the puzzle together to see why your (and trumps) statist restrictionist philosophy will absolutely worsen things.


    Here is another for you:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iu.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	6454
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

  8. #7
    And 2/3 of the other 57% also support socialism but just refuse to admit that's what they support.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Good graphic.
    @Swordsmyth - take a good look at that. Now try to put the pieces of the puzzle together to see why your (and trumps) statist restrictionist philosophy will absolutely worsen things.

    You obviously support Communism as the better option then?



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    And 2/3 of the other 57% also support socialism but just refuse to admit that's what they support.
    Communism is the better option then?

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    You obviously support Communism as the better option then?
    LOL NO

    What you, SwordShill and a few others blindly support, and do not fully understand it and why, is communism. You guys are the commies but try so fervently to turn it back on us in order to further the statist goal.

    I am a Free Market guy who endorses Contract Rights, Natural Law, and of course my signature.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    LOL NO

    What you, SwordShill and a few others blindly support, and do not fully understand it and why, is communism. You guys are the commies but try so fervently to turn it back on us in order to further the statist goal.

    I am a Free Market guy who endorses Contract Rights, Natural Law, and of course my signature.
    Well in a perfect world I believe in the very same. But we are not in a perfect world and only have two options to choose from right now at this point in time. An imperfect Republic or Communism, choose one. Because reality dictates 5 purist good old boys in an elite club of purism is not enough influence to produce a third option. It's not even enough to keep a website alive if you cleanse it of all the impure and imperfect.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Communism is the better option then?
    To be totally honest, I don't even get the difference between those. But no. I don't get why you asked me that either. Did I say something implying communism was better than socialism?

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Well in a perfect world I believe in the very same. But we are not in a perfect world and only have two options to choose from right now at this point in time. An imperfect Republic or Communism, choose one. Because reality dictates 5 purist good old boys in an elite club of purism is not enough influence to produce a third option. It's not even enough to keep a website alive if you cleanse it of all the impure and imperfect.
    Perfect world or not, it is most important to stay principled, and not bow to communist agendas. My way preserves what is left of this "republic" while supporting/endorsing individualism and freedom. Swordy's way supports more government statism (communist alert!), no matter how he "spins" his rhetoric.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

  16. #14
    Thats what happens when you have kids that get taught in government institutions. Granted I was taught in those places as well, but at least I woke up to the truth a few years back. These kids on the other hand I can't say the same. Some of them might be able to wake up but the majority won't.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-21-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    To be totally honest, I don't even get the difference between those. But no. I don't get why you asked me that either. Did I say something implying communism was better than socialism?
    There is no difference between the two. Socialism is just a pre-tune up to make a Communist engine run good. I ask because you obviously hate our imperfect Republic and seem to rather have socialism/communism as a more advantageous environment to advance liberty.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    There is no difference between the two. Socialism is just a pre-tune up to make a Communist engine run good. I ask because you obviously hate our imperfect Republic and seem to rather have socialism/communism as a more advantageous environment to advance liberty.
    Can you quote me saying something that suggested I hated our imperfect Republic or preferred socialism/communism?

    Would you make this same charge against Ron Paul?



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Perfect world or not, it is most important to stay principled, and not bow to communist agendas. My way preserves what is left of this "republic" while supporting/endorsing individualism and freedom. Swordy's way supports more government statism (communist alert!), no matter how he "spins" his rhetoric.
    Since you always bring this back to the open/closed border "more statism" argument with Swordy let's get real then. What is your skin in the game? Because over the years I have seen very little true compassion and humanity for others in this movement. There is always an underlying goal of self over others as a main priority. How are open borders going to promote a richer environment for liberty and freedom to fruit in the future?

    Educate me on all the realistic cause and effect advantages that are truly going to make us freer...

    Now keep in mind I AM NOT Swordy and deserve the very respect as an individual you claim to stand on principle for.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Since you always bring this back to the open/closed border "more statism" argument with Swordy let's get real then. What is your skin in the game? Because over the years I have seen very little true compassion and humanity for others in this movement. There is always an underlying goal of self over others as a main priority. How are open borders going to promote a richer environment for liberty and freedom to fruit in the future?

    Educate me on all the realistic cause and effect advantages that are truly going to make us freer...

    Now keep in mind I AM NOT Swordy and deserve the very respect as an individual you claim to stand on principle for.

    I do not want to hand out MY hard-earned money for incentives, or welfare - not to foreigners OR multi-generational Section 8 folks who do not want to work.

    I do not want to travel another 20 miles out my way, in gas and time, to look for an entry/exit point only to be stopped, questioned or searched by government goons. Or show my "papers". Or have my money confiscated just because I am close to the border and this "government" only permits carrying only up to $10,000 before it IS confiscated.

    I do not want foreigners "registered" or "documented", because I do not want them to have loophole access to MY money when they appear at a local government office. I would MUCH rather have the lady at the counter say "I am sorry, you have no ID so you are not eligible to receive this or that benefit".

    I do not want businesses to have to be forced to pay government minimum wage in lieu of "private contract rights". It will cause businesses to be deemed criminals if they get caught and either fined or fold up, it will provide more money to the Fed.gov by way of more taxation, and down the road IF businesses are still operating cause prices to rise. It will also cause businesses to hire less people because that is what minimum wage does.

    I do not want a Constitution Free Zone, at the border, by the sea, N, S, E or W. My rights belong to me - not you, not the government, not DHS, not ICE.

    Freedom is selfish, but it is also compassionate - IF one is willing and able to be productive and work.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

  22. #19
    Many, especially those who identify with two major parties .. especially Democrats, support socialism to some extent but lately support for it is getting bit out of hand.
    Socialist Soviet Union is no more, doesn't that teach MSM supported polticians anything?


    Socialist Bernie Sanders supporters vow to support Trump if Bernie isn’t the nominee



    Trump Care
    Trump promises 'great healthcare' after 2020 race
    Tuesday, April 02, 2019
    U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he was willing to wait until after the 2020 presidential election to get Congress to vote on a new healthcare plan, giving Republicans time to develop a proposal to replace Obamacare.
    https://www.reuters.com/video/2019/0...eoId=533073397

    Trump to fund food stamps despite government shutdown
    January 09, 2019
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...nment-shutdown

    Pentagon sending 100s of cooks to border to cook food for migrants

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Since you always bring this back to the open/closed border "more statism" argument with Swordy let's get real then. What is your skin in the game? Because over the years I have seen very little true compassion and humanity for others in this movement. There is always an underlying goal of self over others as a main priority. How are open borders going to promote a richer environment for liberty and freedom to fruit in the future?

    Educate me on all the realistic cause and effect advantages that are truly going to make us freer...

    Now keep in mind I AM NOT Swordy and deserve the very respect as an individual you claim to stand on principle for.
    No, that would be the forum statists that always bring things back to the border issue.

    Most of us "free market/free trade/natural rights advocates stand with Ron Paul:

    No entitlements.
    A reasonable pathway to citizenship
    No REAL ID
    Reasonable protection at the border- yes- but do not turn it into a war zone.
    There is no spoon.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Can you quote me saying something that suggested I hated our imperfect Republic or preferred socialism/communism?

    Would you make this same charge against Ron Paul?
    You support open borders and in his way facilitate the Communist agenda that has been pushed since the mid 60s, since before many here were born, and since before Ron Paul even became a notable figure. While Ron Paul does believe it is a problem himself and his cure is the more practical common sense cure, the liberal communists are never going to let it happen. You base your argument on a false premise that all influences, variables, and parameters are static and never change. It's unrealistic and they have indeed changed. And since Ron's plan will never happen it changes the true cause and effect of what is happening and requires a different approach. Honestly I wish it were different but in reality it is not. And we can thank the dishonest communists who do not have any integrity, accountability, self responsibility, or sense of real cause and effect. In the mean time facilitating the communist wishes is supporting the communist agenda, and unlike ourselves, they really don't give a damned about this country at all, let alone ever promoting or allowing a free state as we would like.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I do not want to hand out MY hard-earned money for incentives, or welfare - not to foreigners OR multi-generational Section 8 folks who do not want to work.

    I do not want to travel another 20 miles out my way, in gas and time, to look for an entry/exit point only to be stopped, questioned or searched by government goons. Or show my "papers". Or have my money confiscated just because I am close to the border and this "government" only permits carrying only up to $10,000 before it IS confiscated.

    I do not want foreigners "registered" or "documented", because I do not want them to have loophole access to MY money when they appear at a local government office. I would MUCH rather have the lady at the counter say "I am sorry, you have no ID so you are not eligible to receive this or that benefit".

    I do not want businesses to have to be forced to pay government minimum wage in lieu of "private contract rights". It will cause businesses to be deemed criminals if they get caught and either fined or fold up, it will provide more money to the Fed.gov by way of more taxation, and down the road IF businesses are still operating cause prices to rise. It will also cause businesses to hire less people because that is what minimum wage does.

    I do not want a Constitution Free Zone, at the border, by the sea, N, S, E or W. My rights belong to me - not you, not the government, not DHS, not ICE.

    Freedom is selfish, but it is also compassionate - IF one is willing and able to be productive and work.
    Pretty much.
    There is no spoon.

  26. #23
    No poll needed . Easy math . Six in ten Americans work . Half of those get more tax back than they paid . Gore , Kerry , Obama (twice) and Clinton basically got half the votes by representing the modern communist type slot on the ballot in the past twenty years. What does that tell you ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-21-2019 at 10:10 AM.
    Do something Danke

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    You support open borders and in his way facilitate the Communist agenda that has been pushed since the mid 60s, since before many here were born, and since before Ron Paul even became a notable figure. While Ron Paul does believe it is a problem himself and his cure is the more practical common sense cure, the liberal communists are never going to let it happen. You base your argument on a false premise that all influences, variables, and parameters are static and never change. It's unrealistic and they have indeed changed. And since Ron's plan will never happen it changes the true cause and effect of what is happening and requires a different approach. Honestly I wish it were different but in reality it is not. And we can thank the dishonest communists who do not have any integrity, accountability, self responsibility, or sense of real cause and effect. In the mean time facilitating the communist wishes is supporting the communist agenda, and unlike ourselves, they really don't give a damned about this country at all, let alone ever promoting or allowing a free state as we would like.
    Same ol' argument.

    Ron Paul's POV is unrealistic so let's have more Big Gov to keep us safe from more Big Gov.

    Go figure.
    There is no spoon.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    You support open borders and in his way facilitate the Communist agenda that has been pushed since the mid 60s
    I support the same constitutional federal immigration policy that the founders of this republic did when the Constitution was ratified, and that Ron Paul does today. How does that make me a hater of the republic? Federal immigration restriction, on the other hand, was a later innovation of the Progressive era that was only deemed constitutional by way of a living document approach to the Constitution.

    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    While Ron Paul does believe it is a problem himself and his cure is the more practical common sense cure, the liberal communists are never going to let it happen.
    But I support the very same immigration policies that Ron Paul himself does (no wall, no requirements of employers to aid in immigration law enforcement, no requirement to show a passport to enter the country, no entitlements, no guarantee of citizenship just by being born here). So I'm not sure what you're talking about by bringing him into it. His cure is the same cure I've been promoting all this time. Do you also say he hates the republic?

    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    You base your argument on a false premise that all influences, variables, and parameters are static and never change.
    I'm not sure what argument of mine you're referring to. Can you please quote me making whatever this argument is and point out whatever in it led you to think I had that false premise ignoring those things?
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 05-21-2019 at 09:35 AM.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    No, that would be the forum statists that always bring things back to the border issue.

    Most of us "free market/free trade/natural rights advocates stand with Ron Paul:

    No entitlements.
    A reasonable pathway to citizenship
    No REAL ID
    Reasonable protection at the border- yes- but do not turn it into a war zone.
    Ron Paul is a Constitutionalist. What happened to this principle? I see a whole lot of selective application and even ignorance of the Constitution in this movement that I never saw when I became part of it. Where did this go in the list of principles?

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    You support open borders and in his way facilitate the Communist agenda that has been pushed since the mid 60s, since before many here were born, and since before Ron Paul even became a notable figure. While Ron Paul does believe it is a problem himself and his cure is the more practical common sense cure, the liberal communists are never going to let it happen. You base your argument on a false premise that all influences, variables, and parameters are static and never change. It's unrealistic and they have indeed changed. And since Ron's plan will never happen it changes the true cause and effect of what is happening and requires a different approach. Honestly I wish it were different but in reality it is not. And we can thank the dishonest communists who do not have any integrity, accountability, self responsibility, or sense of real cause and effect. In the mean time facilitating the communist wishes is supporting the communist agenda, and unlike ourselves, they really don't give a damned about this country at all, let alone ever promoting or allowing a free state as we would like.
    The communist agenda/goal does not care one bit whether a border is open or closed. It is simply a mechanism to get people to rally for government action. All the communists want is businesses to be restricted from Private Property and Private Contract Rights, ensure a "Minimum Wage" else pay fines to the .gov, and ensure people are "documented" so that more (foreign AND domestic) will Fund the Fed. All while the Bill of Rights goes further down the tube.

    It is working so tremendously well even Obama would be proud. The difference back when he was in office, Republicans did not fall for his buggy full of horse manure. With trump, they are.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Ron Paul is a Constitutionalist. What happened to this principle? I see a whole lot of selective application and even ignorance of the Constitution in this movement that I never saw when I became part of it. Where did this go in the list of principles?
    And yet your entire point in this thread is to insist that we must depart from Ron Paul's strict constitutionalism with respect to immigration law. You seem to want it both ways.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Ron Paul is a Constitutionalist. What happened to this principle? I see a whole lot of selective application and even ignorance of the Constitution in this movement that I never saw when I became part of it. Where did this go in the list of principles?
    What's with the "chasing your tail" comebacks? There is NOTHING in my post that goes against original principles of Liberty & Freedom.

    And, I am quite educated on the Constitution- most here, who think they are, are not.
    There is no spoon.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Ron Paul is a Constitutionalist. What happened to this principle? I see a whole lot of selective application and even ignorance of the Constitution in this movement that I never saw when I became part of it. Where did this go in the list of principles?
    Ron Paul was a Congressman, the best there was, who tried to work "within the system" that we have (the CONstitution). After he left the House, he verbally stated that the "gloves are now off", and is trying to get people to understand freedom, liberty and fiscal responsibility. Not only here in America, but in Mexico and other places too.

    I am sure that while Ron advocates the Constitution, there are many parts that he would disagree with when it comes down to it. He tried to work within the system, but it goes well beyond that.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Rep. Alan Grayson Hails "Stealth Socialism" in America
    By FrankRep in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-23-2013, 06:24 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 08:17 AM
  3. "Socialism has never looked so good"
    By GunnyFreedom in forum Other Presidential Candidates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 02:35 AM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 12:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •