Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Times Trump May Have Obstructed Justice

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Actually, under the law it is considered witness tampering and therefore is an act of obstruction. I don't have an opinion of whether it's "right" or "wrong" to do that but yes, asking (instructing?) potential witnesses to not cooperate is an act of obstruction. That topic became a centerpoint during the hearings on the Congressional 9th District election fraud case recently. The tamperer was indicted for directing witnesses not to cooperate.
    I read the indictment of Mccrae Dowless. The obstruction charge comes from providing false information to investigators and directing his co-conspirators to provide false information to investigators. I acknowledge its a fine line but it's not the same, and the Mueller report makes no allegation Trump told witnesses to lie to investigators. In fact when Cohen was asked directly if Trump told him to lie his response was "No".
    Last edited by spudea; 05-21-2019 at 12:45 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So why you bitching at us?

Quitcherbitchin and call Pelosi's office to have him impeached.

She's the one stonewalling, not me.

I'm really curious to see what the reaction will be...if any.
    Amen, let's get this sh^% show over with. For maximal political gain, though, I don't think anything will really start to happen until Spring of 2020.

Start calling Pelosi every day until then and she might bump the schedule up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Elliot's The Hollow Men

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Horse $#@!. The Democrats and anti-Trumpers are the ones who committed the crimes and spied on an enemy campaign.

How can you obstruct justice when you never committed a crime? If anything, Trump was aiding justice by trying to stop a sham investigation.

Get over your TDS.
    Exactly. When the entire Justice system is running the scam of trying to investigate a complete fabrication, then how in the hell can you be guilty of obstruction of them?

It's happening to Assange....and Manning as well right now.

It's like the old scam when a Police officer tries to detain you for being drunk in public, because you are sitting on your porch drinking, but then you're Blood Alcohol isn't that high so they cite you for disorderly conduct.

Total scam.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    I read the indictment of Mccrae Dowless. The obstruction charge comes from providing false information to investigators and directing his co-conspirators to provide false information to investigators. I acknowledge its a fine line but it's not the same, and the Mueller report makes no allegation Trump told witnesses to lie to investigators. In fact when Cohen was asked directly if Trump told him to lie his response was "No".
    You have the right to tell others they have the right to remain silent.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12