Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 34

Thread: Men Cause 100% of Unwanted Pregnancies

  1. #1

    Men Cause 100% of Unwanted Pregnancies

    https://medium.com/s/can-we-talk/men-cause-100-of-unwanted-pregnancies-eb0e8288a7e5

    As a mother of six and a Mormon, I have a good understanding of arguments surrounding abortion, religious and otherwise. When I hear men discussing women’s reproductive rights, I’m often left with the thought that they have zero interest in stopping abortion. If you want to prevent abortion, you need to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Men seem unable (or unwilling) to admit that they cause 100% of them.
    I realize that’s a bold statement. You’re likely thinking, “Wait. It takes two to tango!” While I fully agree with you in the case of intentional pregnancies, I argue that all unwanted pregnancies are caused by the irresponsible ejaculations of men. All of them.

    Don’t believe me?

    Let’s start with this: A woman’s egg is only fertile for about two days each month. Yes, there are exceptions, because nature. But one egg which is fertile two days each month is the baseline. And those fertile eggs are produced for a limited number of years. This means, on average, women are fertile for about 24 days per year.

    But men are fertile 365 days a year. In fact, if you’re a man who ejaculates multiple times a day, you could cause multiple pregnancies daily. In theory, a man could cause 1000+ unwanted pregnancies in just one year. While it’s true that sperm gets crappier as men age, it doesn’t have a fertility expiration date; men can cause unwanted pregnancies from puberty until death. So, starting with basic fertility stats and the calendar, it’s easy to see that men are the issue here.

    As a society, we really don’t mind if women suffer, physically or mentally, as long as it makes things easier for men.
    “But what about birth control?” you might ask. “ If a woman can manage to figure out how to get an abortion, surely she can use birth control to avoid unwanted pregnancy, right?”

    Great question. Modern birth control for women is possibly the most important invention of the last century, and I’m very grateful for it. It’s also brutal. The side effects for many women include migraines, mood swings, decreased libido, depression, severe cramps, heavy bleeding, aneurysm — and that’s just a small fraction of them.

    Discouragingly, a promising study on a new male contraceptive was canceled in large part due to… (wait for it)… side effects. To be clear, this list of side effects was about one-third as long as the known side effects for commonly used women’s contraception. There’s a lot to unpack in that story alone. I’ll simply point out that, as a society, we really don’t mind if women suffer, physically or mentally, as long as it makes things easier for men.

    But, men, I’ve got good news. Even with the horrible side effects, women are (amazingly!) very willing to use birth control. Unfortunately, it’s harder to get than it should be, but that doesn’t keep women from trying. Birth control options for women require a doctor’s appointment — sometimes multiple doctor’s appointments — and a prescription. They’re not always free, and often not cheap. Some are actually trying to make female birth control options more expensive by allowing insurance companies to refuse to cover them. In addition, contraceptive options for women can’t be easily acquired at the last minute. In most cases, they don’t work instantly.

    The pill requires consistent daily use and doesn’t leave much room for mistakes, forgetfulness, or unexpected disruptions to daily schedules. Again, the side effects can be brutal — and not just in rare cases. Despite the hassle and side effects, I’m still grateful for birth control. (Please don’t take it away.)But it’s critical to understand that women’s birth control isn’t simple or easy.

    In contrast, let’s look at birth control for men — i.e., condoms. They’re readily available at all hours, inexpensive, convenient, and don’t require a prescription. They’re effective and work on demand, instantly. They don’t cause aneurysms, mood swings, or debilitating cramps. Men can keep them stocked up just in case, so they’re always prepared. They can be easily used at the last minute. I mean, condoms are magic! So much easier than birth control options for women.
    As a bonus, most women are totally on board with condoms. They keep us from getting STDs. They don’t lessen our pleasure during sex or prevent us from climaxing. The best part? Cleanup is so much easier — no waddling to the toilet as jizz drips down our legs.

    So why would there ever be unwanted pregnancies? Why don’t men just use condoms every time they have sex? Seems so simple, right?
    Oh. I remember. Men don’t love condoms. In fact, it’s very, very common for men to pressure women to have sex without a condom. It’s also not unheard of for men to remove the condom during sex without the women’s permission or knowledge. (Pro tip: That’s assault.)

    Why would men want to have sex without a condom? Because, for the precious minutes when they’re penetrating their partner, not wearing a condom gives them more pleasure. So… that would mean some men are willing to risk getting a woman pregnant — which means literally risking her life, her health, her social status, her relationships, and her career — so they can experience a few minutes of slightly increased pleasure. Is this for real?
    Yes. Yes, it is.

    Pregnancies happen when men have an orgasm. Unwanted pregnancies happen when men orgasm irresponsibly.
    Imagine a pleasure scale, with pain beginning at zero and going down into the negatives. A good back-scratch falls at 5, and an orgasm without a condom is a 10. Where would sex with a condom fall? A 7 or 8? So, it’s not that sex with a condom is not pleasurable, it’s just not as pleasurable. An 8 instead of a 10.

    Let me emphasize that again: Men regularly choose to put women at massive risk in order to experience a few minutes of slightly increased pleasure.
    For the truly condom-averse, men also have a non-condom, always-ready birth control option built right in: the pull-out. It doesn’t protect against STDs, it’s an easy joke, and it’s far from perfect. However, it’s 96% effective if done correctly, and 78% effective in practice (because it’s often not done correctly).

    Still, many men who resist wearing condoms never learn how to pull out correctly. Apparently, it’s slightly more pleasurable to climax inside a vagina than, say, on their partner’s stomach. Once again, men are willing to risk the life, health, and well-being of women in order to experience a tiny bit more pleasure for roughly five seconds during orgasm.

    Think of the choice men are making here. Honestly, I’m not as mad as I should be about this, because we’ve trained men from birth to disassociate sex and pregnancy. We’ve taught them that their pleasure is of utmost importance.

    As a general rule, men get women pregnant by having an orgasm. Yes, there are exceptions — it’s possible for sperm to show up in pre-ejaculate — but in most cases, getting a woman pregnant is a pleasurable act for men. But men can get a woman pregnant without her feeling any pleasure at all. It’s even possible for a man to impregnate a woman while causing her excruciating pain, trauma, or horror.

    In contrast, a woman can have nonstop orgasms with or without a partner and never once get herself pregnant. A woman’s orgasm has literally nothing to do with pregnancy or fertility — her clitoris exists simply for pleasure, not for creating new humans. No matter how many orgasms she has, they won’t make her pregnant.
    Pregnancies happen when men have an orgasm. Unwanted pregnancies happen when men orgasm irresponsibly.

    A woman can be the sluttiest slut in the entire world, she can love having orgasms all day and all night long, and she will never find herself with an unwanted pregnancy unless a man shows up and ejaculates irresponsibly. Though our society tends to villainize female pleasure, women’s enjoyment of sex does not equal unwanted pregnancy and abortion. Men’s enjoyment of sex and irresponsible ejaculations do.



    Let’s move to the topic of responsibility. Often, men don’t know, don’t ask, and don’t think to ask if they’ve caused a pregnancy. There are often zero consequences for men who cause unwanted pregnancies.

    If the woman decides to have an abortion, the man may never even know he caused an unwanted pregnancy with his irresponsible ejaculation. If the woman decides to have the baby, or put the baby up for adoption, the man may never know he caused an unwanted pregnancy with his irresponsible ejaculation either. He may never know there’s now a child walking around with 50% of his DNA.


    If the woman does tell him he caused an unwanted pregnancy and that she’s having the baby, the closest thing to a consequence for him is child support. Our current child support system is a well-known joke. Only about 61 percentof required payments by men are actually made, and there are little to no repercussions for skipping out. In some states, failing to pay child support doesn’t even affect your credit.


    If a man does pay child support, it doesn’t come close to what is required by a woman in the case of an unwanted pregnancy.

    Let’s talk about abortion. When the topic comes up, men might think: Abortion is horrible; women should not have abortions. Never once do they consider the man who caused the unwanted pregnancy.

    If you actually care about reducing or eliminating the number of abortions in our country, simply hold men accountable for their actions.

    If we’re discussing abortion law — and not how to hold men accountable for irresponsible ejaculations, and the unwanted pregnancies caused by them — we’re wasting our time. Shift the conversation. Stop protesting at clinics. Stop shaming women. Stop debating whether or not to overturn abortion laws. If you actually care about reducing or eliminating the number of abortions in our country, simply hold men accountable for their actions.


    What would that look like? A real and immediate consequence for men who cause an unwanted pregnancy. What kind of consequence would make sense? Should it be as harsh, painful, nauseating, scarring, expensive, risky, and life-altering…

    … as forcing a woman to go through a nine-month unwanted pregnancy?

    If you consider abortion to be murder, consider this thought experiment: Would you be on board with having a handful of men castrated to prevent 600,000 murders each year? If this argument sounds too provocative, could it be that many of us have a hard time wrapping our heads around a physical punishment for men? We seem to be more than fine with physical punishments for women. Perhaps we care more about policing women’s bodies, morality, and sexuality than we do about reducing or eliminating abortions.


    Here’s another prevention idea: All males in the U.S. could get a vasectomy when they are ready to be sexually active. Vasectomies are very safe, highly reversible, and about as invasive as a woman getting an IUD implanted. In most cases, there’s some soreness afterwards for about 24 hours, but that’s pretty much it for side effects. (Take a moment to remember that female contraception options, used by millions of women in our country and billions across the world, have well-known side effects which can be brutal and severe — and yes, also include soreness.) If and when a man becomes a responsible adult, finds a mate, and wants to have a baby, the vasectomy can be reversed and then redone once the childbearing stage is over. Each man can bank their sperm before the vasectomy, just in case.


    Don’t like my ideas? That’s fine. I’m sure there are better ideas, and I challenge you to suggest your own. My point is we need to stop focusing on women if we’re trying to get rid of abortions. Think of abortion as the “cure” for an unwanted pregnancy. To stop abortions, we need to prevent the “disease” — meaning, the unwanted pregnancy itself. And the only way to do that is by focusing on men, because irresponsible ejaculations by men cause 100% of unwanted pregnancy.

    Ask yourselves: What would it take for you to value the life of your sexual partner more than your own temporary pleasure or convenience?

    If you’re a man, what would it take for you to never again ejaculate irresponsibly? A loss of money, rights, or freedoms? Physical pain? Ask yourselves: What would it take for you to value the life of your sexual partner more than your own temporary pleasure or convenience?


    Men mostly run our government, and men mostly make our laws. In theory, men could eliminate — or drastically reduce — abortions within months without ever touching an abortion law or even mentioning women. They’d simply need to hold men accountable for irresponsible ejaculations, and legislate accordingly.

    To reduce or eliminate abortions, stop attempting to control women’s bodies and sexuality. Because unwanted pregnancies are caused by men.
    Last edited by Son_of_Liberty90; 05-19-2019 at 04:44 PM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Friend of mine who worked in corporate America got clipped in his 20's..........Hates kids.

    Over the years several different women tried to hang custody obligations on him..

    Point being even when men aren't responsible there are women who try to make them anyway.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Friend of mine who worked in corporate America got clipped in his 20's..........Hates kids.

    Over the years several different women tried to hang custody obligations on him..

    Point being even when men aren't responsible there are women who try to make them anyway.
    Shhh, you'll spoil her argument blaming men for everything!

  5. #4
    Lol... Is there really no sense of self responsibility at all on their part?

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Lol... Is there really no sense of self responsibility at all on their part?
    Nope. It's all the fault of the irresponsible ejaculations, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Nope. It's all the fault of the irresponsible ejaculations, lol.
    My wife and I were talking about this one sided perspective this morning and all she could say was "what??? It's not like you tripped and fell on me without my permission". lol

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Nope. It's all the fault of the irresponsible ejaculations, lol.
    Good girls swallow.

  9. #8
    It no longer takes two to tango?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    News flash: Water! Wet!
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

  12. #10
    As a mother of six and a Mormon
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  13. #11
    Trying to figure out what she expects considering everything about biological primal human instincts, like all species, is geared primarily for reproducing as much as possible for survival of the species.

    Not to be human?

  14. #12
    I'll pay for every one of her abortions.
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  15. #13
    I really do not see her point . She sounds like a money grubber . Probably doesn't even work .
    Do something Danke

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I really do not see her point . She sounds like a money grubber . Probably doesn't even work .
    The point is men are bad.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The point is men are bad.
    She sounds retarded . He needs to give her more work to do .
    Do something Danke

  18. #16
    There is something to be said about personal responsibility and accepting the consequences of one’s own behavior.
    Do something Dodgers.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    I think you forgot door knobs, public restrooms, and bathtubs......

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    There is something to be said about personal responsibility and accepting the consequences of one’s own behavior.
    There you go now.......getn' practical........

    : )

  22. #19
    As a Mormon Moron, Mother of Six , I was just handed this note here that says
    Ovaries are the cause of all Prego's , wanted or not. Therefore I withdraw my sexist and hateful
    charge against men.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Friend of mine who worked in corporate America got clipped in his 20's..........Hates kids.

    Over the years several different women tried to hang custody obligations on him..

    Point being even when men aren't responsible there are women who try to make them anyway.
    Add to that the fact that women have half a dozen options for preventing pregnancy while all men have is getting snipped or condoms. And that's not because the technology isn't there.

    https://www.change.org/p/caddy-mckeo...he-market-asap

    https://www.parsemus.org/projects/vasalgel/
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Being a mormon is not much of a credential, look at Mitt Romney!

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    Being a mormon is not much of a credential, look at Mitt Romney!
    Neither she nor he is much of a Mormon.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Add to that the fact that women have half a dozen options for preventing pregnancy while all men have is getting snipped or condoms. And that's not because the technology isn't there.

    https://www.change.org/p/caddy-mckeo...he-market-asap

    https://www.parsemus.org/projects/vasalgel/
    I just slip on three condoms and butt $#@! women. So far 100% effective.
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  27. #24
    Well, the problem is that as always it takes two to tango. This article does nothing about promoting personal responsibility, but the big issue is it promotes hatred toward men for what they are instead of what they do by placing all the blame on men when you can NOT get pregnant without a woman either! Its just typical liberal divisive bull$#@!, as always.
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Well, the problem is that as always it takes two to tango. This article does nothing about promoting personal responsibility, but the big issue is it promotes hatred toward men for what they are instead of what they do by placing all the blame on men when you can NOT get pregnant without a woman either! Its just typical liberal divisive bull$#@!, as always.
    But she's a mother of 6! By her own logic, she didn't want to have kids, it's all her husband's fault!

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Good girls swallow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I just slip on three condoms and butt $#@! women. So far 100% effective.
    Responsible ejaculations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Neither she nor he is much of a Mormon.
    One would think, of all the places, people here would know better than to judge the collective entirety of Mormonism by the actions of two people who claim to be Mormon.

  32. #28
    If you actually care about reducing or eliminating the number of abortions in our country, simply hold men accountable for their actions.
    We are.

    Men have no say in whether a woemen murders our offspring in utero or not.

    We are held financially responsible regardless.

    The courts have held that even children who are not ours, we are financially responsible for.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    One would think, of all the places, people here would know better than to judge the collective entirety of Mormonism by the actions of two people who claim to be Mormon.
    My comment was more tongue in cheek, but only just. I know it's wrong to judge a whole group based on the viewpoints of two people, but Romney won Utah which is the Mormon stronghold. Who knows, maybe it was a rigged election, I've read several comments online who claim to be Mormon say they hate Romney. The fact is, that the crazy lady who wrote this article was using it as a credential to strengthen her point, so I was attacking it for that reason. If she didn't mention it, I would not have brought it up.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Friend of mine who worked in corporate America got clipped in his 20's..........Hates kids.

    Over the years several different women tried to hang custody obligations on him..

    Point being even when men aren't responsible there are women who try to make them anyway.
    Must spread some,, blah

    She must have known some very different women than I have known..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. TPP Includes Unwanted Elements of SOPA
    By DamianTV in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 07:54 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 04:30 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 02:28 AM
  4. Dollars go unwanted in Amsterdam
    By Mesogen in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 11:38 PM
  5. CWA endorsement missed ?unwanted?
    By reelist in forum News About The Official Campaign
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 08:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •