Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Still Support Justin Amash?

Do You Still Support Justin Amash?

Sign in here if you still support Amash after his impeachment comments...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Need a poll.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yes, I still support him, absolutely. But I do not agree with his comments on Trump.

EDITED: With new information about his possible motives... I'm not as enthusiastic until I investigate a bit further.
    Last edited by PursuePeace; 05-19-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Yes, I still support him, absolutely. But I do not agree with his comments on Trump.
    Same here... And I found a big question mark in his comment I am very curious about. There may be a slight legal twist to this situation concerning Presidential powers.

Yes,But he is wrong on impeachment & on immigration...

Yes, he is still an amazing rep regardless of my disagreement with him on this.

Yes , but it also apparent that it is now most likely no other party members of any party will ever trust him again so his votes could be the limit of his usefulness in the future . .
    Do something Danke

Absolutely!
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course, I support Justin. That said, he could go about opposing or disapproving of Trump in numerous ways. Instead he makes a comment about impeachment which puts his seat in jeopardy.

That tells me he probably is ambivalent about being in Congress. Mark Sanford did the same thing. His calling for impeachment doesn't serve any purpose politically or in getting Trump impeached.

More than ever. Partisanship has not made him mealy-mouthed. Of that I approve.

I don't know enough about what he saw in the classified sections of the Muller Report to say if I agree with his conclusions. But I'll defend to the death his right to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

It looks like there is solid support for Justin absent a poll because polls on here dont get much traction any more.

Amash is going to need our support especially if he draws a primary challenger.

His comments on impeachment are ludicrous at best, considering why he feels it necessary. There are so many other paths to attack Trump on, that are actually impeachable like most presidents before him, yet the one he seems to have the greatest beef with is the Democrat/Hillary/MSM created talking point. It's a joke.

However, out of 435 members of Congress, with his voting record, it would simultaneously be foolish to get rid of him. He has long been a defender of liberty as far as voting goes, but you start to get the feeling he was not doing this out of principle as much as we may have liked, and is now taking some kind of political opportunity for future prospects, whether by force or by his own self interest.

I support him keeping his seat because of his voting record but I would not support him running for higher office, the risk that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing and the next Jeff Flake is just too great.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I support him keeping his seat because of his voting record but I would not support him running for higher office, the risk that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing and the next Jeff Flake is just too great.
    I like Amash, but something just doesn't smell right when he went way out of his way to make this charge when the rest of congress even Trump's worst enemies read it also and did not.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It doesn't really matter, we won't have to worry about Amash after his next election.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It doesn't really matter, we won't have to worry about Amash after his next election.
    Could be, other possibility is that GOP-Neocon wing could see a big sink come next election looking at recent signs.

If recent deep stage u-turn rumors following Barr Mueller report handling controversy turned out to be true, then other GOP Congress members could start coming out also against GOP-Neocon/Adelson wing starting a dangerous trend. Many conservatives outside Congress had already started criticizing top leadership of Adelson wing using such extreme terms as "fraud" , "scam" etc, this latest Congress member step is more concerning especially if this turned out to first drop of a dangerous trend that GOP 2020 hopeful libertarians like Weld had been trying to jump start. No matter how we slice it, this is not a good news for GOP-MAGA and by extension for globalist neocons behind recent Iran/Venez/Iraq interventions drive.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    100% I support him!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Sign in here if you still support Amash after his impeachment comments...
    Yes. Absolutely. I think his position is wrong and not because I like Trump. (I don't). Impeachment is purely political, not legal. Clinton broke the law. He got impeached because republicans had a simple majority in the house. He did not get removed because republicans did not have a 2/3rds majority in the senate. A Trump "impeachment" will go down exactly the same way. Whether or not Trump broke the law on obstruction is 100% irrelevant. That said, I would rather Justin call out Trump for his bumpfire stock ban and introduce articles of impeachment on that! I would love to see the democrats be put in a position of having to either back the 2nd amendment or vote against Trump impeachment.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Fk Amash

Take that as a no.

I'm off the Trump Train , but Amash is just part of the Circus, with his
    'Hang Trump' stance.

FK Amash

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    Absolutely!
    Out of + Rep

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    More than ever. Partisanship has not made him mealy-mouthed. Of that I approve.

I don't know enough about what he saw in the classified sections of the Muller Report to say if I agree with his conclusions. But I'll defend to the death his right to say it.
    Out of + Rep

I talk to a lot of “republican” voting folks. It is incredible that they spout off that one can never agree with anybody 40%-70% of the time and they need our unwavering “support”, but once Ron Paul or Justin is mentioned all bets are off. Shills on here are no different which is why this country will never advance liberty. Already they want Justin ousted even with his 94% Freedom record. I would imagine replacing him with another romney/mccain/FillInTheBlank would suit their fancy nicely.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Yes. Impeach, remove, try, hang. Treason.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Over Donald Trump? Of course.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    It looks like there is solid support for Justin absent a poll because polls on here dont get much traction any more.

Amash is going to need our support especially if he draws a primary challenger.
    He should probably expect a primary challenger every year . If he intends to stay .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Yes. Impeach, remove, try, hang. Treason.
    Not unless you hang Amash and the Demoncrats for treason too.

Any replacement for Trump would be worse, but that is what you really want, isn't it?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes.

I’m indifferent regarding impeachment, but I trust Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    He should probably expect a primary challenger every year . If he intends to stay .
    My husband thinks he's paving the way for an LP run.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Yes.

I’m indifferent regarding impeachment, but I trust Justin.
    Kind of how I feel. Massie, Paul and Amash - I'd walk thru fire to vote for any of them. I had high hopes for Trump, but at this point his spending habits killed any enthusiasm I had for him. And now it looks like he's going to adopt the tried and true strategy of starting a war to get re-elected? I could live with the bigger debt if he'd scale back on the foreign policy, but once Bolton came on board, that was the end of that hope.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    My husband thinks he's paving the way for an LP run.
    He might be right .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast