Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Amash is saying Trump has engaged in an impeachable offense

Oh man, is this a terrible move from Amash. Even if he was right, it's just bad strategy. Trump is exceedingly popular with the GOP, which includes Amash's constituents. What is he trying to accomplish? The Dems will use this as a propaganda victory, saying that if a conservative like Amash can realize "the truth", other Republicans have no excuse not to. And any cachet he gets with the Democrats will be immediately forgotten when he once again disagrees with them.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lets see the redacted portions that Amash is basing it on. How are we to judge otherwise.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That doesn't disprove what Cleaner said.

And I'm still waiting for you to defend Amash's lie.
    I am defending Amash’s 94% Freedom Index Record, one of which trump could never reach with a ten yard pole.

BTW, open borders yes, but ask Justin if he would advocate incentive/welfare payments, such that trumps long term goal will provide even more, which you are too blind to see, or admit. I’ve been around the block a few hundred times and know how such things work.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    What exactly is the case for obstruction? Was it that Trump discussed keeping or firing Mueller with his staff? What difference does that make? Doesn't Trump have the authority to fire him? Do they want to say that every question, statement, or console with staff is obstruction? Would not any person running anything discuss options with staff and brainstorm ideas?
    You know the answer to that. To the leftist crybaby children, him just being President is now obstruction of justice.

Amash was the Golden Boy here if I remember correctly, I was not buying it.

...and Jeff Flake certainly lived up to his name.

Everyone today seems to be levying the most impressive and outlandish claims about
    anything , just to get 15 minutes of coverage, they don't give a fk about America
    and the 'Republic' .

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I am defending Amash’s 94% Freedom Index Record, one of which trump could never reach with a ten yard pole.
    Yes, you are trying to distract everyone from his lie which is the subject of this thread but I am not going to let you.

BTW, open borders yes, but ask Justin if he would advocate incentive/welfare payments, such that trumps long term goal will provide even more, which you are too blind to see, or admit. I’ve been around the block a few hundred times and know how such things work.
    Trump is reducing welfare to citizens and invaders and our economy alone is sufficient incentive to keep the invaders coming here and turning us into a communist country.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The knives come out for anyone who is insufficiently loyal to the Orange One.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    And the knives come out for anyone who is not a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Amash was the Golden Boy here if I remember correctly, I was not buying it.

...and Jeff Flake certainly lived up to his name.

Everyone today seems to be levying the most impressive and outlandish claims about
    anything , just to get 15 minutes of coverage, they don't give a fk about America
    and the 'Republic' .
    Anybody who compares Justin Amash to jeff flake is a total FLAKE. Certainly while Justin’s Record remains solid.

Memo... RPF, the Shills have arrived.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Oh man, is this a terrible move from Amash. Even if he was right, it's just bad strategy. Trump is exceedingly popular with the GOP, which includes Amash's constituents. What is he trying to accomplish? The Dems will use this as a propaganda victory, saying that if a conservative like Amash can realize "the truth", other Republicans have no excuse not to. And any cachet he gets with the Democrats will be immediately forgotten when he once again disagrees with them.
    Thats how I see it . Some things you just keep to yourself .
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't you find it a bit odd for someone who is supposedly a champion of limited govt to be a stickler for govt rules and regulations? A normal person who would refuse to punish a normal citizen for obstruction of justic for a crime he hasn't been found guilty of.

I hate Trump as a person and politician and even I would not vote to impeach him.

Amash refused to endorse impeachment of former President Barack Hussein Obama while he was in office, but now publicly supports the impeachment of President Trump despite the fact that the Mueller investigation cleared him of colluding with Russia.
    Sen. Rand Paul’s chief strategist Doug Stafford liked the following tweet critical of Amash’s rant, suggesting that Paul and his team understand that the Congressman from Grand Rapids has lost his way:

https://twitter.com/davidharsanyi/st...51375523905536

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/follow...-donald-trump/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Don't you find it a bit odd for someone who is supposedly a champion of limited govt to be a stickler for govt rules and regulations? A normal person who would refuse to punish a normal citizen for obstruction of justic for a crime he hasn't been found guilty of.

I hate Trump as a person and politician and even I would not vote to impeach him.
    It is odd , that is the first clue something else is up.
    Do something Danke

Anybody who compares Justin Amash to jeff flake is a total FLAKE. Certainly while Justin’s Record remains solid.

Memo... RPF, the Shills have arrived.
    This ^^^. Justin Amash has a weird fetish for the rule of law. The kind of man who would have no problem killing innocent people just as long as we go through the correct process. He is good on so many issues but this just happen to be his blind spot.

I hope this doesn't cost him his political career

I only hope he has a lot of defenders in his district .
    Do something Danke

The knives come out?

LOL

Amash is lying and he deserves to be called out for it.

Amash refused to endorse impeachment of former President Barack Hussein Obama while he was in office but now he jumps on the "obstruction of justice" lie.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This ^^^. Justin Amash has a weird fetish for the rule of law. The kind of man who would have no problem killing innocent people just as long as we go through the correct process. He is good on so many issues but this just happen to be his blind spot.

I hope this doesn't cost him his political career
    This is not the rule of law, there was no obstruction.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    I'm sure he said the same about Obama
    He did NOT, he opposed impeaching O'Bummer.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

As Amash points out, no rules and regulations are required, only the constitution.

Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The knives come out?
    Yes, the majority of the active members of this forum will immediately turn on someone who is listed as a "defender of liberty" in order to protect someone whose actions and politics are both expressly against the goals of the forum.

Really says everything that needs to be said, doesn't it?
    Pinochet is the model

As Amash points out, no rules and regulations are required, only the constitution.

No collusion, No obstruction.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yes, the majority of the active members of this forum will immediately turn on someone who is listed as a "defender of liberty" in order to protect someone whose actions and politics are both expressly against the goals of the forum.

Really says everything that needs to be said, doesn't it?
    Nonsense.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    It is odd , that is the first clue something else is up.
    Attention seeking behaviour, listening to Judge Nap or what I suspect his is very strict adherence to the rule of law.

Who here has read the Mueller report? I haven't.

Is Amash trying to lose his reelection? I'm sure his constituents don't like what hes doing.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Well I will point out there is no member of congress who has not voted for bills that have dishonorable content so he pretty well lost any credibility there.I will be rooting for him , I cannot imagine he could be replaced by someone better but it sounds like he may be trying to replace himself .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-18-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Do something Danke

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is not the rule of law, there was no obstruction.
    I think he believes that there was obstrution of justice. My take is that even if he is correct, I still think he should not be impeached if he not guilt of the underlying crime. Rule of law be damned.

I think he believes that there was obstrution of justice. My take is that even if he is correct, I still think he should not be impeached if he not guilt of the underlying crime. Rule of law be damned.
    IF he really believes there was obstruction of justice it is only because he WANTS to believe it because of his TDS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Lets see the redacted portions that Amash is basing it on. How are we to judge otherwise.
    I wont judge except that I do not think it overly bright for his future . But lets say there is some real evidence , you think the dems would not have leaked it ? My guess is there is none or everyone would know .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I wont judge except that I do not think it overly bright for his future . But lets say there is some real evidence , you think the dems would not have leaked it ? My guess is there is none or everyone would know .
    The logical one in the room... Absolutely.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast