Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 550

Thread: Amash is saying Trump has engaged in an impeachable offense

  1. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I had not really given that much thought .
    I see what he sees also. Actually it used to be an admitted and very discussed goal and ambition at the Daily Paul back when anarchists were more honest.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post


    Perhaps this is a matter of opinion, but it doesn't sound unreasonable.
    It sounds like an opinion no other person shares which is not in itself unreasonable but that also does not make it reasonable .
    Do something Danke



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Retweet...

    I agree . Rand is right .Special prosecutors on a federal level are costly , wasteful and frivolous . I can see them being used by a Gov at state level in order to get someone impartial and that is about it .
    Do something Danke

  6. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    That is a very good question that I don't think gets asked enough. How does Trump benefit from being president? I think the simplest answer is probably that he sees long-term advantages or amelioration of existing disadvantages for his and his family's personal wealth as a result of leverage they will acquire or policies he can get changed (or stop from getting changed) through his tenure as president. To determine if another 4 years would be more advantageous requires getting into specifics. I don't know the answer to that.
    That's a dumb theory considering that his China tariffs are seriously jeopardizing his family's business interests in China.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  7. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's a dumb theory considering that his China tariffs are seriously jeopardizing his family's business interests in China.
    I think Trump is honestly economically illiterate enough to believe that tariffs are good for the economy.

  8. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    How will this help Amash's business interests? Are you old enough to remember how many years Clinton's impeachment took? Do you have one shred of evidence that Pence would change one single tariff?

    Tell. Me. How. Get that knot out of your panties, restore circulation to that brain, and tell us all how a smart man like Justin Amash could possibly think for one second that doing this could benefit a company that manufactures in China.

    This theory holds no water. It is stupid.
    It won't help anytime soon even if it worked, this is revenge/intimidation, he either just wants to hurt Trump for imposing the tariffs or he thinks that if enough pressure is put on Trump he will make a bad deal with China and end the tariffs.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  9. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I think Trump is honestly economically illiterate enough to believe that tariffs can be good for the economy.
    He is smart enough to know that they are but they won't help his family's business interests in China.

    He is putting his country before himself.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  10. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Of course some won. I was being hyperbolic. But also when you dig into the endorsements you see that the win total was around 50% and his endorsements were in "safe" R races. So looking at it from a statistical perspective, only about half of his endorsements won and that's in races they probably should have won. Trump doesn't endorse in primaries, any way, from what I can find on the topic, so the notion that he would endorse a primary opponent of Amash's seems unrealistic.



    The truly hilarious part of all this is that Trump has very, very well documented connections with Russian oligarchs, such as Oleg Deripaska. Either that's the redacted content or was omitted entirely from the report, since no one ever mentions it (I haven't read the report and I'm ok admitting that). If that info was omitted or censored then the real basis for a collusion investigation is definitely there but is being suppressed. It's most certainly not factual to claim that Trump has no connections with Russians that could have funded giant political operations on his behalf. I don't know and I think it's a big intentional "reality tv" distraction but Trump's connections with Russians can't be denied. I'm happy to provide detailed links if you wish.
    And?

    Every Trump business acquaintance with anyone Russian has been exaggerated to the absurd, along with smear campaigns against all involved by the Marxist media and corrupt shadow government. I wish Trump connections to anyone Russian were more than tenuous because it may have stopped him from engaging in the destructive economic warfare and sabre rattling against a country that is not an enemy. What did Ron Paul say about sanctions? They're an act of war. One of the reasons I voted for Trump was his stated desire for a better relationship with Russia which, unfortunately, has been sabotaged by dangerous forces you seem to be siding with. You're actually playing the game of trying to imply that dealing with, connections to or knowing influential Russians is somehow nefarious or even criminal? Bitch please.

    As for Mr Deripaska ...

    (shocking this got past the anti Russia Wikipedia gatekeepers)

    Other activities

    In February 2014, Deripaska financed the construction of makeshift kennels to house stray dogs that had been abandoned by construction workers after completing work on the Sochi Olympic Village. Officials said the number of strays exceeded 2,000 and the animals presented a risk of rabies, so they contracted out their extermination. Many of these dogs were saved and more were re-homed in a global adoption program that Deripaska created.[76]
    Assisted FBI with Rescue of Levinson

    Between mid-2008 and 2009, Deripaska helped the then-FBI Director Robert Mueller rescue a former FBI-agent Robert Levinson, who disappeared in 2007 while working for the CIA in Iran. The then-FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe played key role in courting Deripaska. Agents secretly met Deripaska in hotels in Paris, Vienna, Budapest, Hungary, and Washington, convincing him to spend millions of his own dollars funding the FBI-supervised operation to Levinson. His participation was crucial, as he had close business ties in Iran, and because of economic sanctions imposed on Iran and other laws made it illegal for the FBI or any US citizen to spend any money in Iran. Deripaska's lawyer said he spent $25 million on a private search-and-rescue team that worked with Iranian contacts while monitored by the FBI.

    Deripaska managed to arrange the release of Levinson, but the U.S. State Department, then under Hillary Clinton, blocked a deal for Levinson's return from going through. Robyn Gritz, the retired agent who supervised the Levinson case in 2009, said: "We tried to turn over every stone we could to rescue Bob, but every time we started to get close, the State Department seemed to always get in the way". “We were told at one point that the terms of Levinson’s release had been agreed to by Iran and the U.S. and included a statement by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pointing a finger away from Iran. At the last minute, Secretary Clinton decided not to make the agreed-on statement.”

    The operation was ended in 2011, because FBI officials were concerned that Deripaska's Iranian contacts couldn't deliver with all the U.S. infighting. The FBI rewarded Deripaska for his help.[77][78]
    FBI recruitment attempt

    According to anonymous sources cited by a 1 September 2018 New York Times report, Deripaska was twice approached by the U.S. government officials, including Bruce Ohr, as part of an FBI–led recruitment effort to obtain informers close to Vladimir Putin, in September 2015 and in September 2016.[79] Ohr, then a United States Department of Justice official, was reported to have been in contact with the former employee of the British secret service MI6 Christopher Steele, who later compiled the incriminating dossiers on Donald Trump, and discussed cultivating Deripaska, among others.[79]

    At the meeting in September 2015, during which the FBI officials expounded their speculations about the connections between Russian organized crime and Vladimir Putin’s government, as well as other issues, Deripaska told the Americans that their theories were misplaced and did not reflect how things worked in Russia; Deripaska would not agree to a second meeting.[79] Nevertheless, FBI agents showed up unannounced at Deripaska's door in New York in September 2016.[79][80][81]

    Attempts to turn Deripaska into an informant undertaken between 2014 and 2016 were unsuccessful. Deripaska notified the Russian authorities of US efforts to recruit him.[79]

    In September 2018, Russia's government accused the US of meddling in the country's affairs by attempting to recruit Russian citizens as agents for American security services.[82]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Deripaska


    Animal lover, loyal to his country, went to the mat to help free Levison, has been a positive factor in bringing back his country from decades of communist ruin, has integrity, a degree in physics, good in business and is good looking to boot. Sounds like a winner to me.
    Last edited by susano; 05-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.

  11. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    And?

    Every Trump business acquaintance with anyone Russian has been exaggerated to the absurd, along with smear campaigns against all involved by the Marxist media and corrupt shadow government. I wish Trump connections to anyone Russian were more than tenuous because it may have stopped him from engaging in the destructive economic warfare and sabre rattling against a country that is not an enemy. What did Ron Paul say about sanctions? They're an act of war. One of the reasons I voted for Trump was his stated desire for a better relationship with Russia which, unfortunately, has been sabotaged by dangerous forces you seem to be siding with. You're actually playing the game of trying to imply that dealing with, connections to or knowing influential Russians is somehow nefarious or even criminal? Bitch please.

    As for Mr Deripaska ...

    (shocking this got past the anti Russia Wikipedia gatekeepers)

    Other activities

    In February 2014, Deripaska financed the construction of makeshift kennels to house stray dogs that had been abandoned by construction workers after completing work on the Sochi Olympic Village. Officials said the number of strays exceeded 2,000 and the animals presented a risk of rabies, so they contracted out their extermination. Many of these dogs were saved and more were re-homed in a global adoption program that Deripaska created.[76]
    Assisted FBI with Rescue of Levinson

    Between mid-2008 and 2009, Deripaska helped the then-FBI Director Robert Mueller rescue a former FBI-agent Robert Levinson, who disappeared in 2007 while working for the CIA in Iran. The then-FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe played key role in courting Deripaska. Agents secretly met Deripaska in hotels in Paris, Vienna, Budapest, Hungary, and Washington, convincing him to spend millions of his own dollars funding the FBI-supervised operation to Levinson. His participation was crucial, as he had close business ties in Iran, and because of economic sanctions imposed on Iran and other laws made it illegal for the FBI or any US citizen to spend any money in Iran. Deripaska's lawyer said he spent $25 million on a private search-and-rescue team that worked with Iranian contacts while monitored by the FBI.

    Deripaska managed to arrange the release of Levinson, but the U.S. State Department, then under Hillary Clinton, blocked a deal for Levinson's return from going through. Robyn Gritz, the retired agent who supervised the Levinson case in 2009, said: "We tried to turn over every stone we could to rescue Bob, but every time we started to get close, the State Department seemed to always get in the way". “We were told at one point that the terms of Levinson’s release had been agreed to by Iran and the U.S. and included a statement by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pointing a finger away from Iran. At the last minute, Secretary Clinton decided not to make the agreed-on statement.”

    The operation was ended in 2011, because FBI officials were concerned that Deripaska's Iranian contacts couldn't deliver with all the U.S. infighting. The FBI rewarded Deripaska for his help.[77][78]
    FBI recruitment attempt

    According to anonymous sources cited by a 1 September 2018 New York Times report, Deripaska was twice approached by the U.S. government officials, including Bruce Ohr, as part of an FBI–led recruitment effort to obtain informers close to Vladimir Putin, in September 2015 and in September 2016.[79] Ohr, then a United States Department of Justice official, was reported to have been in contact with the former employee of the British secret service MI6 Christopher Steele, who later compiled the incriminating dossiers on Donald Trump, and discussed cultivating Deripaska, among others.[79]

    At the meeting in September 2015, during which the FBI officials expounded their speculations about the connections between Russian organized crime and Vladimir Putin’s government, as well as other issues, Deripaska told the Americans that their theories were misplaced and did not reflect how things worked in Russia; Deripaska would not agree to a second meeting.[79] Nevertheless, FBI agents showed up unannounced at Deripaska's door in New York in September 2016.[79][80][81]

    Attempts to turn Deripaska into an informant undertaken between 2014 and 2016 were unsuccessful. Deripaska notified the Russian authorities of US efforts to recruit him.[79]

    In September 2018, Russia's government accused the US of meddling in the country's affairs by attempting to recruit Russian citizens as agents for American security services.[82]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Deripaska


    Animal lover, loyal to his country, went to the mat to help free Levison, has been a positive factor in bringing back his country from decades of communist ruin, has integrity, a degree in physics, good in business and is good looking to boot. Sounds like a winner to me.
    Devil has the same motivation as Amash, he does business with the ChiComs and he puts that before the good of his country. (if his goal isn't just to help China destroy America)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #400
    I wonder how much the libel on this page cost John Bolton?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Devil has the same motivation as Amash, he does business with the ChiComs and he puts that before the good of his country. (if his goal isn't just to help China destroy America)
    probably has a good social score, though!

  15. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I can never remotely understand this line of thinking. Justin Amash is probably one of five most liberty minded congressmen of the last 100 years. The odds of replacing him with someone better are 0.000000000000000000%. I don't support impeachment but it is a very reasonable position. Judge Napolitano seems to think Trump is on thin ice.
    What's at stake here is far more important than having one Congressman with a decent voting record.

    We're talking about a coup attempt the likes of which you would see in third world nations. The full power of the US administrative state and spying apparatus was used to attempt to set up, spy on, entrap, and manufacture crimes upon a man who was rightfully elected by the people of this country to the position of President of the United States.

    How many lives were ruined over this attempt? Of people who simply wanted a job in a political campaign and did no wrong?

    I don't even like Trump. But I cannot believe some of you here are willfully accepting that this happened and denying the plain truth, because you don't personally like the man who is President. This is by far the biggest US political scandal and abuse of power of all time.

    If we allow events like this to occur in our country, then what is the point of anything we do politically? How long will we even have a government?

    Amash can pound sand. His votes effect nothing. His position on this is disgraceful.

  16. #403
    Holding Trump accountable if there were any true violations would be consistent if the (rule of law) principle were applied across the board. Does anyone remember Amash calls for investigation, sanction or even impeachment of Obama, Clinton or any other Democrats?

    (Good luck with Google. They only return results from the past 24 hours. History is now a memory hole to them. Orwell would be proud. The Ministry of Truth.)
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  17. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I wonder how much the libel on this page cost John Bolton?
    One of the downsides of this announcement by Amash is that it has given the usual suspects (neocons, teocons, etc.) an excuse to issue blanket smears of “libertarians”.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  18. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

    It's over, get over it:


    LMAO!

  19. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Holding Trump accountable if there were any true violations would be consistent if the (rule of law) principle were applied across the board. Does anyone remember Amash calls for investigation, sanction or even impeachment of Obama, Clinton or any other Democrats?

    (Good luck with Google. They only return results from the past 24 hours. History is now a memory hole to them. Orwell would be proud. The Ministry of Truth.)
    Amash wouldn't support impeaching O'Bummer for much worse crimes than the one he claims to imagine Trump committed.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  20. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Amash wouldn't support impeaching O'Bummer for much worse crimes than the one he claims to imagine Trump committed.
    I don’t remember. Do you have any specific quotes from Amash?
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  21. #408
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I don’t remember. Do you have any specific quotes from Amash?
    No, just a memory and other people saying he refused to support impeachment.

    Considering what he is saying now I think the TDS victims ought to be able to prove me wrong if he really is so principled about impeachment.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Impeachment is political and will happen at the strategic time. They will drag Trump thru the mud. Why will anyone want to re-elect a president that is being impeached? We do not want to impeach him too soon. Get every piece of chit and pick up every stone and be ready to throw it at MAGA. The biggest smear campaign has yet to begin. I said a while back that I would walk away from it if I were Trump. What does he need this for? What does Thomas Massie need politics for? He is independently wealthy. Politics does not make Thomas's life easier. How hard would Thomas fight to get re-elected? Screw that chit. Fuch dat. Go live with your loving family in Kentucky and develop some other time saving concepts that make your life easier. Thomas Massie works for the people because the people wanted him to represent them. Does anyone seriously think that Biden, or Sanders, or Rand Paul would be a better president? What was Trumps agenda for being president? Was he trying to build name recognition or promote his image? Was he trying to become a wealthy businessman? Was he trying to help his daughter jump start a clothing or beauty product line? Imagine Jackie Kennedy or Michelle Obama or one of their adult daughters if they had one while first lady start a beauty product or clothing line. They would be on every show being acclaimed as an empowered woman with a fashion line that liberals would literally kill people waiting in line in front of them so they could get the last one.
    Trump, for all of his faults (many), loves his country. If you watch old (80s-90s) videos of him, he's always said the same things about giving our economy away to China. Yeah, he doesn't need the grief but he sees $#@! that needs fixing and he likes a fight. Massie, like Rand, I suspect, is also motivated for the right reasons.

    Bill Clinton's impeachment actually helped his re-election. Degenecrats know that. It's a dicey game for them. Please the NPC commie base or piss off the rest of the country who have already been subjected to 24/7 hate for Trump (and his "Nazi" supporters), the special counsel, massive waste of money, Antifa riots, etc...

  24. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Yep. Your a complete moron. You can't even tell who is the enemy and who is the friend of liberty.
    But Amash aligning with the likes of conspirators Brennan, Comey, Lynch, McCabe, Strzok, the Ohrs, Power, Halper, Steele, the Clinton Mafia, Yates, Page, etc, etc, etc, and prosecutors like Mueller and Weismann, both infamous for framing innocent people, is admirable.

    You need to direct that moron label back at yourself.

  25. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He is smart enough to know that they are but they won't help his family's business interests in China.

    He is putting his country before himself.
    Unlike Amish, with ties to Chinese factories in the tool business, his motives are 100 selfish verses Rand's ideological opposition at times to Trump.

    Why are RPF members turning a blind eye to this obvious link ?

    Some Americans seem to finally get it, even on this form.
    My ideology on Trump can be summed up with "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater", yeah it's dirty and gross but it's a package than can't be separated....for now in this political climate. If it could have been, Ron Paul's VP would be president right now after he had his 8 years.
    We are stuck with a sad reality.
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the MSM can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the MSM to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the MSM.” - Joseph Goebbels(Modified)

  26. #412
    Amash is doing a great job if his goal is to get libertarian-tolerating conservatives to hate libertarians.

  27. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Unlike Amish, with ties to Chinese factories in the tool business, his motives are 100 selfish verses Rand's ideological opposition at times to Trump.

    Why are RPF members turning a blind eye to this obvious link ?

    Some Americans seem to finally get it, even on this form.
    My ideology on Trump can be summed up with "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater", yeah it's dirty and gross but it's a package than can't be separated....for now in this political climate. If it could have been, Ron Paul's VP would be president right now after he had his 8 years.
    We are stuck with a sad reality.

    I don't think this has been posted here yet? Maybe I missed it. I don't have a strong opinion on what is written below, I would hope he is mostly doing it for the Constitution tho..


    Justin Amash’s Business Interests in China Underscore His Push to Impeach Trump

    It may be more than constitutionalism driving Amash’s dogged opposition to President Trump.

    Published
    1 day ago on
    May 19, 2019
    By
    Shane Trejo

    Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) has become the darling of anti-Trump liberals following his declaration in favor of impeaching President Donald Trumpyesterday.

    While Amash acts like his support of impeachment is rooted in constitutional grounds, there may be a financial motive to his opposition to Trump. It has been revealed that Amash has significant business interests in China that may be harmed by Trump’s ‘America First’ trade policies.

    In Amash’s financial disclosure forms for the year of 2015, he was shown as receiving up to $1 million in annual income due to his ownership stake in Michigan Industrial Tools (MIT). MIT is the parent company of Tekton Tools, Amash’s family business, that benefits directly from Chinese manufacturing.

    An article from MLive in 2010 exposed Amash as being the co-owner of Dynamic Source International (DSI), a Chinese company that was once an MIT supplier. Amash’s family have been outspoken advocates of the globalist trade status quo for many years.


    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/justin...impeach-trump/

    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  28. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Justin Amash’s Business Interests in China Underscore His Push to Impeach Trump

    In Amash’s financial disclosure forms for the year of 2015, he was shown as receiving up to $1 million in annual income due to his ownership stake in Michigan Industrial Tools (MIT). MIT is the parent company of Tekton Tools, Amash’s family business, that benefits directly from Chinese manufacturing.


    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/justin...impeach-trump/

    Tekton's website states:

    "At this time, less than 10 percent of our tools are made in China, 15 percent in the United States, and about 75 percent in Taiwan."

    This is such a dishonest smear attack on Amash.

  29. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by yinzer38 View Post
    They were caught lying before.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  30. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by yinzer38 View Post
    This is such a dishonest smear attack on Amash.
    Maybe, maybe not but he started it with a dishonest smear attack on Trump.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    It sounds like an opinion no other person shares
    Sarcasm?

  33. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They were caught lying before.
    I don't know about that. But I do know that, one, attacking Trump wouldn't help them, and two, Trump was caught lying a whole lot more often.

    So do you have a point? Or just aspersions in the form of assertions you refuse to prove?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Maybe, maybe not but he started it with a dishonest smear attack on Trump.
    Two wrongs only make a (non-libertarian) Republican right?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  34. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Or it's a matter of opinion and they're both reasonable.
    There's nothing reasonable about a group of Stalinesque conspirators plotting against and trying to frame him Trump which started before he was even elected.

  35. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    There's nothing reasonable about a group of Stalinesque conspirators plotting against and trying to frame him Trump which started before he was even elected.
    Are you saying Amash had anything to do with that? So far as I can tell, he didn't lift a finger until after he got a copy of this report. Prove me wrong.

    Why is it the people who piss and moan the most about witch hunts always grab the torches and lead the witch hunts?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. What is an impeachable offense?
    By Douglass Bartley in forum U.S. Constitution
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-05-2019, 01:17 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:51 AM
  3. Paul: cleric's death could be impeachable offense
    By sailingaway in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 05:08 PM
  4. Is Libya intervention an ‘impeachable’ offense?
    By Fire11 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 05:32 PM
  5. Ron Paul believes Libya intervention an ‘impeachable’ offense
    By RonPaulFanInGA in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 11:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •