Thread: Sugary drink sales in Philadelphia fall 38% after city adopted soda tax

Sugary drink sales in Philadelphia fall 38% after city adopted soda tax

Hope this is right section :

Sugary drink sales in Philadelphia fall 38% after city adopted soda tax, study finds

Published Tue, May 14 2019
    Angelica LaVito

Key Points

• Sugary drink sales dropped 38% in Philadelphia after the city implemented a soda tax, according to a new study.
    • Philadelphia introduced a 1.5-cents-per-ounce tax on sweetened drinks on Jan. 1, 2017.
    • Some residents crossed city lines to buy soft drinks outside the city, partially offsetting what would have been an even steeper reduction, the University of Pennsylvania researchers found.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/14/suga...tax-study.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sales of booze are probably up, that's what happened in other cities.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Sugary drink are unhealthy and full of sugar anyways.

When I was a kid there was discipline in the home. No one ever fuched with my mother. Soda was under lock and key in a chest in the basement. The placement of the key was not a secret. We just knew we didn't touch the soda. Once in awhile probably 8 times a year a special occasion would justify the use of soda. Dinners were always made daily from scratch. Nothing came out of a box except maybe pudding or jello for desert. Grandfather had a huge garden and used to go foraging for food in the woods. Canning was done in the fall. No one was fat everyone was healthy and mobile.

Varmints in the garden were trapped or shot and became supper.

Sugar is a evolutionary challenge.

If you have the discipline to avoid it, you will be awarded with strong evolutionary traits. If you fail to avoid it, your ancestry will pay.

We don't need to tax it.
    How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    When I was a kid there was discipline in the home. No one ever fuched with my mother. Soda was under lock and key in a chest in the basement. The placement of the key was not a secret. We just knew we didn't touch the soda. Once in awhile probably 8 times a year a special occasion would justify the use of soda. Dinners were always made daily from scratch. Nothing came out of a box except maybe pudding or jello for desert. Grandfather had a huge garden and used to go foraging for food in the woods. Canning was done in the fall. No one was fat everyone was healthy and mobile.

Varmints in the garden were trapped or shot and became supper.
    I grew up the same way and dad owned a grocery store. And even though we sold soda at the shops my kids did too. As for varmints, I was raised on those too and so were my kids, to a point, the desert doesn't offer much in that dept and my wife didn't care for ground squirrel stew. Rabbit and Hare were fair game though.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    I grew up the same way and dad owned a grocery store. And even though we sold soda at the shops my kids did too. As for varmints, I was raised on those too and so were my kids, to a point, the desert doesn't offer much in that dept and my wife didn't care for ground squirrel stew. Rabbit and Hare were fair game though.
    I raised rabbits until about a year ago.
    I have some pretty popular videos on youtube about raising them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sales of booze are probably up, that's what happened in other cities.
    Ya , cheap beer sales go up . They get tax on that too .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I raised rabbits until about a year ago.
    I have some pretty popular videos on youtube about raising them.
    We did also for quite a few years as I was growing up. And a couple of old guys in town raised Quail, Pheasant, Dove, Chicken, and Turkeys. They had a business selling pickled Quail eggs and Chicken eggs and live birds for food. That was back when people were not so crybaby about dispatching and cleaning your own dinner. lol