Thread: 'Extremely Scary’: Boston Residents Fearful Of Aggressive Turkeys

Exclamation 'Extremely Scary’: Boston Residents Fearful Of Aggressive Turkeys

Somewhere, Adams and Knox and Warren and Revere weep.

For $#@!'s Sake, even a cavemen knows how to use a club.

Extremely Scary’: Jamaica Plain Residents Fearful Of Aggressive Turkeys

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/05/...-wild-turkeys/

By David Wade May 13, 2019 at 6:18 pm

BOSTON (CBS) – Sometimes nature can get a little too close for comfort, and sometimes that’s due to wild turkeys. We saw a tweet Monday about just that from someone who lives in the Moss Hill section of Jamaica Plain.

She complained about aggressive turkeys pecking at people out walking. We checked it out, and found that she’s not alone.

“It’s extremely scary. It’s frightening. If you’re walking they come up extremely, extremely close to you and they come forward like they’re going to bite you,” says Kathy Milmoe who lives in the neighborhood.

There are three wild turkeys that are causing problems for some neighbors in the Moss Hill area. It wasn’t hard to find people who have had a run in with aggressive turkeys.

“The one incident I had was with my mailman. I heard a lot of commotion. I looked outside and they had him cornered across the street, and he moved in a direction, and they were pecking,” says Dorothy Sergi who was out walking her dog.

“Just in front of my house, my husband has gone out maybe four or five times with the rake and the broom to keep them away from various people,” adds Kathy Milmoe.

We spoke to Boston Animal Control and they say they usually don’t deal with wild animals. But the state has given them permission to capture the troublesome turkeys in this neighborhood, but so far they’ve failed.

“It’s just gotten to be terrible that I’m fearful to go walking with my grandchild in the stroller. I’m actually fearful to go walking on my own,” Kathy says.

Wild animals are usually under the jurisdiction of the state wildlife agency. We reached out to that department, but they didn’t respond.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ol' Boss Tom does not come right to my door for dinner here , we have to head to the woods to hunt them . Those are Dem turkeys , looking for a little hand out and just try and beat you up if they do not get it .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wild animals are usually under the jurisdiction of the state wildlife agency. We reached out to that department, but they didn’t respond.
    because they were too busy laughing.

We have so many of those here. One guy in the suburbs took to shooting them. And he would eat the meat....

Well after the press ran that story, the DNR contacted him and told him his behavior was illegal.

So what did the DNR do? they shot the Turkeys and threw them in the trash...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    We have so many of those here. One guy in the suburbs took to shooting them. And he would eat the meat....
    Well after the press ran that story, the DNR contacted him and told him his behavior was illegal.
    Our whole neighborhood was on lockdown a couple weeks back. Cops blocking all exits and paths, police helicopter hovering for close to 2 hours. Turns out somebody saw a guy walking in the dark with a crossbow near the water treatment plant and called the cops on somebody armed and dangerous. they never caught the guy -- no doubt he skedaddled when the police showed up in force. But anybody with a bit of a brain could have told them what the guy had in mind, there is a herd of about 30 deer that roam the neighborhood with no fear and hangout in the fields near the treatment plant.... If I needed the meat, I'd do the same thing.

$#@!in' city "people"....

Been seeing a lot of wild turkeys this year.

I take my dogs out in the field behind my house and they are everywhere.

They take off and fly over and my dogs look up like there is an airplane flying overhead.

They are setting off my motion detectors almost every day up near the house.

Well.. when SHTF, more turkeys for us.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Well that's BS, I would have made a huge public stink about that one. What was their reasoning for not letting anyone hunt them? Out of season? No license? Out here they temporarily "adjust" the regs when this happens to cull off numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Well.. when SHTF, more turkeys for us.
    Can't you imagine the terror over a doe?

Let alone a buck during rut.

I couldn't stop laughing at people scared of what Ben Franklin said should be our national bird.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Can't you imagine the terror over a doe?

Let alone a buck during rut.
    Moose... They try to turn over cars and trains.

Give them a good swift kick.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Well then get yourself a gun to defend yourself from those turkeys.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge