Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Trump for $300 billion worth of tariffs on Chinese poisoned goods

Thank you Trump for $300 billion worth of tariffs on Chinese poisoned goods

The Trump administration is preparing tariffs on $300 billion worth of Chinese goods. Here are all the products that will get hit.
    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...9-5-1028200711

Looking at the list most of this stuff I would not want to put on my dinner table considering where it is coming from and their piss poor record in food safety. This will be a boon for American producers and for the health our people.

The free trade traitors on Wall Street and the news media can piss off. They do not give a damn about the health and prosperity of the people in our country first. As far as I am concerned $#@! Communist China and their shills.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The collapse of China will save the world from a nightmare.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

RPF's free trade crowd may not realize there really may not be free trade . Since those leftist sympathizers shop exclusively in cheap chinese products here are some of what they can expect to pay more for , phones , mules , buffalo ,sheep , goats , primates , camels , horse meat , whales , dolphins , porpoises , dugongs , walruses , cheese substitutes , hair , guts , bladders , stomachs , moss & lichens , chickpeas , brussel sprouts , pigeon peas , asparagus , egg plant , human hair wigs , umbrellas , curry , dill , thyme , sulfates , uranium , perfume , peppermint oil , warships , grenades , bombs , mines, torpedos , missiles and swords . Oyarde will continue to live like a king without any increase in prices . Enjoy your hair & cheese substitute sandwiches , LOL
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-14-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The collapse of China will save the world from a nightmare.
    Does that mean all of the countries under the Chinese debt trap will be free?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    RPF's free trade crowd may not realize there really may not be free trade . Since those leftist sympathizers shop exclusively in cheap chinese products here are some of what they can expect to pay more for , phones , mules , buffalo ,sheep , goats , primates , camels , horse meat , whales , dolphins , porpoises , dugongs , walruses , cheese substitutes , hair , guts , bladders , stomachs , moss & lichens , chickpeas , brussel sprouts , pigeon peas , asparagus , egg plant , human hair wigs , umbrellas , curry , dill , thyme , sulfates , uranium , perfume , peppermint oil , warships , grenades , bombs , mines, torpedos , missiles and swords . Oyarde will continue to live like a king without any increase in prices . Enjoy your hair & cheese substitute sandwiches , LOL
    muh hummus

Now that's funny $#@!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Agree about health. All Chinese food including green tea branded as organic, consistently tests positive in toxic heavy metals like lead, mercury. Never eat anything from China until you have googled what toxic heavy metals tests are available. You'll be shocked. It is a criminal government with no regulations and they'll shove any poison at you and lie about it.
    His name was Seth Rich.

I was looking at a list and the biggest thing we buy is electronic toys we just can't live without.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Agree about health. All Chinese food including green tea branded as organic, consistently tests positive in toxic heavy metals like lead, mercury. Never eat anything from China until you have googled what toxic heavy metals tests are available. You'll be shocked. It is a criminal government with no regulations and they'll shove any poison at you and lie about it.
    no seriously that whole belt and road thing is a scam, they bribe corrupt politicans into signing on to a debt trap that the country can't pay off. China will probably end up owning those countries if they don't collapse.

Looks like Zip's deep fried chicken feet may be exempt but the insects are on the list .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    When Donald Trump talks about torture, I don't know what he really believes for sure, but he gets attacked on what he says unjustly by the media and many people here

I am sure before trump there were free markets and RPF's got great deals on dog food , dry wall , stomachs , hair and cheese substitute .
    Do something Danke

Not my walruses! I need more ivory and skins for my life-sized Alaskan boat.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Not my walruses! I need more ivory and skins for my life-sized Alaskan boat.
    Secretly , having my own team of walruses seems kind of cool if I get a Poseidon fork too but no need to bring the crazy animal rights people out of the basement .
    Do something Danke

Secretly , having my own team of walruses seems kind of cool if I get a Poseidon fork too but no need to bring the crazy animal rights people out of the basement .
    I gave up on trying to raise them myself. They eat too much fish and smell. We used to race them.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

Think of it as a consumer tax. Totally voluntary. Don't want to pay the tax? Don't buy Chinese $#@!. Buy American. Buy local.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Think of it as a consumer tax. Totally voluntary. Don't want to pay the tax? Don't buy Chinese $#@!. Buy American. Buy local.
    The best policy for quality.
    Do something Danke

Local producers raised the price of washing machines the same amounts that importers subject to tariffs did. You didn't avoid any tariffs by buying local- you still had to pay the higher price. Less competition lets them raise prices more.

Local producers raised the price of washing machines the same amounts that importers subject to tariffs did. You didn't avoid any tariffs by buying local- you still had to pay the higher price. Less competition lets them raise prices more.
    I haven't paid a higher cost on any product I have bought of any significance. Buying is voluntary.

Actually you are right, but it's OK if it is propping up the correct economy, domestic. I remember when the steel workers union bitched because the price of Asian tires were being sold cheap. So O-Bro put a huge tariff on tires to bring them up to a more competitive price margin. What did the American companies do? Raised their prices right back up to the the same difference it was before the tariffs. $#@!ing greedy unions...

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Actually you are right, but it's OK if it is propping up the correct economy, domestic. I remember when the steel workers union bitched because the price of Asian tires were being sold cheap. So O-Bro put a huge tariff on tires to bring them up to a more competitive price margin. What did the American companies do? Raised their prices right back up to the the same difference it was before the tariffs. $#@!ing greedy unions...
    Not sure about the connection between steel workers and tires, but OK. Protecting one industry though can hurt others. The tariffs on steel and aluminum help workers in those industries but make it harder on industries which use steel and aluminum to produce things- and there are many more of them than there are steel and aluminum workers.

Iron and steel jobs total about 145,000. There are 2.5 million employed just in making cars.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-14-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Not sure about the connection between steel workers and tires, but OK. Protecting one industry though can hurt others. The tariffs on steel and aluminum help workers in those industries but make it harder on industries which use steel and aluminum to produce things- and there are many more of them than there are steel and aluminum workers.
    They are all Steel Belted Radials. Big truck tires are all both steel belt tread and steel sidewalls. A lot of steel in a tire.

They are all Steel Belted Radials. Big truck tires are all both steel belt tread and steel sidewalls. A lot of steel in a tire.
    Gotcha. I figured it would be the automakers more concerned about tire costs. As a percent of the steel market, I would imagine that tires are not a major component of demand?

Gotcha. I figured it would be the automakers more concerned about tire costs. As a percent of the steel market, I would imagine that tires are not a major component of demand?
    Huge... Every tire made has steel in it, from car tires to heavy equipment tires. The steel in one set of four tires for only one big loader is the same as it would be to make a car. On an earthmover/scraper it would equal two cars. The 18 tires on one big rig and trailer equals the steel in an automobile. I don't know and never have checked but the tire steel industry is probably twice or three times what the auto industry is easy.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would imagine that tires are not a major component of demand?
    Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    It depends on the nature of their collapse and whether the countries involved try to renounce the debt.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Are you kidding?
    I meant as a part of all uses of steel. The production of entire cars (including tires) is about ten percent of steel production. Tires are a small part of that.

I'd rather that the money go to American companies and workers instead of the ChiComs.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Or don't buy at all and pay down debt or build up savings.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is ChiCom your new "commie"?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast