Thread: Peace Dollars, Silver Certificates and JFK

Peace Dollars, Silver Certificates and JFK

Subscribe to Smaulgld.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like 1927 - 1935 Peace dollars .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I like 1927 - 1935 Peace dollars .
    Lesser mintages. Often see 1923's and think they are 1928... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Smaulgld View Post
    Lesser mintages. Often see 1923's and think they are 1928... :-(
    Yes with silver being so low the 1922 and 1923's are a steal , I often see them even as nice as XF or AU trading around 14.00 buy and 16.50 sell . Amazingly low for a coin with luster that is nearly 100 years old and 3/4 oz of silver .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yes with silver being so low the 1922 and 1923's are a steal , I often see them even as nice as XF or AU trading around 14.00 buy and 16.50 sell . Amazingly low for a coin with luster that is nearly 100 years old and 3/4 oz of silver .
    AU's priced at what once would have been a cull price AND with the silver price at $15

By my avatar, you can tell I like this thread!

Before my grandmother died, she gave me a 1922 Peace dollar.

It was special to her and me, because that was the year my mother was born.

I remember her saying, "Don't spend it!", as if I was stupid and would spend such a valuable gift.

I have since put it in one of those air-tite plastic cases. Still looks brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Before my grandmother died, she gave me a 1922 Peace dollar.

It was special to her and me, because that was the year my mother was born.

I remember her saying, "Don't spend it!", as if I was stupid and would spend such a valuable gift.

I have since put it in one of those air-tite plastic cases. Still looks brand new.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dow down 600 today , Gold up about 14.00 . Oyarde will celebrate . Making money while mowing grass in my winter jacket . Time for a drink .
    Do something Danke

Precious Metals Market Rigger Turns State’s Evidence

John Edmonds, a former vice president at JPMorgan Chase bank, may be headed to prison for cheating clients and investors. But metals investors can hope it won’t be before he is done helping federal investigators catch even bigger fish.

Edmonds pleaded guilty to spoofing precious metals markets “hundreds of times with the knowledge and consent of his immediate supervisors” last October.

The court delayed sentencing for those crimes again last week, and that is a very good sign.

The move to delay implies that Edmonds is still assisting the Department of Justice’s investigation of other bankers, both within JPMorgan and elsewhere. It is the second time sentencing has been postponed.

On the surface, it is starting to look like the case will be a slam dunk.

• There is the guilty plea from Edmonds and his continued cooperation.
    • Deutsche Bank pleaded guilty to cheating markets in 2016 and turned over a trove of evidence, including hundreds of thousands of documents and recorded phone calls.
    • The CFTC caught Deutsche Bank, UBS, and HSBC “spoofing” prices in the precious metals markets and levied fines in January of this year.

Widespread and illegal price manipulation by the bullion banks is no longer a theory. It is a fact. Market watchers, such as Ted Butler and GATA, have been aggregating extensive evidence of price rigging for years.

Despite all that, metals investors should avoid counting any chickens before they hatch.

Many will recall the CFTC spent years looking for manipulation in the silver market. The investigation ended in 2015 without a single banker being held to account. The huge pile of evidence now available reveals just how much CFTC officials had to overlook.

No one should overestimate the competence of federal investigators or the willingness of senior government officials to prosecute powerful Wall Street bankers.

https://www.moneymetals.com/news/201...ulation-001770
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again