Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on This Week w/ George Stephanopoulos 5/12/19

[Video] Rand Paul on This Week w/ George Stephanopoulos 5/12/19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuI2NLacDtc

--

Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos speaks with House Intelligence Committee Chair Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., and Foreign Relations Committee member Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., on the battle between the White House and Congress over investigations, and the Trump administration’s latest foreign policy moves.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sunday-week-rep-adam-schiff-sen-rand-paul/story?id=62964715

-

Can someone make sure they YouTube this?
    Last edited by jct74; 05-12-2019 at 09:24 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Been and gone in my time zone. If you're in Mountain, Pacific or farther west, though, you may still be waiting. Tune in early, Schiff is the very first interview and Paul is second.

Anchor: Why did you say Obama was wrong to bypass Congress with executive orders but not Trump?

Rand: And what did I say when Trump was misappropriating money for the border wall, dip $#@! (not exact quotes)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    seems like its on already because people in the chatroom are talking $#@! but this says it will start in 40 mins

On now.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

That guy is so full of $#@! saying Obama cared about seperation of powers. Where was he when Obama was saying that he doesn't need congress and that he has his pen and paper.

LOL @ Rand callilng out $#@!head on his hypocrisy and doublespeak

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Paul warns Trump administration against escalating trade war with China

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pau...war-with-china

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said Sunday that he has warned the Trump administration against leveling more tariffs against China, arguing that they will cancel out any benefits companies received from the administration’s recent tax cuts.

“I know of a big prominent company in Kentucky that said the tax cuts significantly helped them, but that the tariffs are almost equal in punishing them,” Paul said during an interview on ABC’s “This Week.” “I've talked to the administration about this, I said the great benefits of the tax cut, which has low unemployment and incredible economic growth, could be erased by this tariff war.”

Paul added: “The president is playing a negotiating battle with the Chinese and I think he thinks at this point he can't back out…but I still have advised the administration: get this done, because the longer we're involved in a tariff battle or a trade war, the better chance there is we could actually enter into a recession because of it.”
    More at link.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/12/kudl...ing-trump.html

Fox News’ Chris Wallace pressed Kudlow about Trump’s claims.

“It’s not China that pays tariffs,” Wallace said. “It’s the American importers, the American companies that pay what, in effect, is a tax increase and oftentimes passes it on to U.S. consumers.”

Fair enough,” Kudlow replied. “In fact, both sides will pay. Both sides will pay in these things.”

Kudlow added, however, that C

True, the chinese companies sell less to the US meaning less profit for them and the US consumers pay more for said good. But the US govt could benefit if this increase in tariffs leads to increase in revenue.

Maybe Trump can use some of that money to pay down the debt

I propose a trade war with India and the Philippines, but on only call centers.

RING RING

Representative: Dank you for cahing company, I am Roy service you today?

Me: Yeah ummm... Hey Roy, this The Injun. Y'all sold me a widget last month and I haven't received it yet.

Representative: I thank you for your attention to this matter. Spell name of customer so I may serve you today.

Me: Injun. I, N, J, U, N.

Representative: Okay. Thank you Imjam. I find you have not order with us today. How may I best serve you?

Me: *SIGH*

CLICK

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I propose a trade war with India and the Philippines, but on only call centers.

RING RING

Representative: Dank you for cahing company, I am Roy service you today?

Me: Yeah ummm... Hey Roy, this The Injun. Y'all sold me a widget last month and I haven't received it yet.

Representative: I thank you for your attention to this matter. Spell name of customer so I may serve you today.

Me: Injun. I, N, J, U, N.

Representative: Okay. Thank you Imjam. I find you have not order with us today. How may I best serve you?

Me: *SIGH*

CLICK
    That could definitely cause someone to go crazy over a long period of time.

https://www.psypost.org/2019/04/cust...research-53565

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    True, the chinese companies sell less to the US meaning less profit for them and the US consumers pay more for said good. But the US govt could benefit if this increase in tariffs leads to increase in revenue.

Maybe Trump can use some of that money to pay down the debt
    and pay for infrastructure and healthcare too!

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ebt-in-8-years

Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years

Donald Trump insists he would be able to wipe out the United States’s debt in eight years.

The Republican presidential front-runner said in a wide-ranging interview with The Washington Post that he’d be able to get rid of the more than $19 trillion debt “over a period of eight years.”

Eliminating that amount of debt in eight years is highly improbable, according to most economists, The Washington Post reported. It could require using $2 trillion a year from the annual $4 trillion budget to pay off holders of the debt.

Trump insisted in the interview that “renegotiating all of our deals” would help pay down the debt by sparking economic growth.

“The power is trade. Our deals are so bad,” Trump said. “I would immediately start renegotiating our trade deals with Mexico, China, Japan and all of these countries that are just absolutely destroying us.”

The Washington Post also refuted that claim, reporting that many economists have said a trade war could cripple the U.S. economy.

Wow the reaction to this on twitter looks like a CNN echochamber. I wonder if this is overall public sentiment or some sort of censorship or self censorship or are the Trump supporters not sticking up for Rand when he defends the President anymore because he voted against his emergency declartation. Probably just Biden bots, I guess it is election season, time for the social media to become saturated with fake people again.

Rand Paul: Americans Will Be ‘Shocked’ to Know What Biden’s Son Was Up To

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...son-was-up-to/

over 1400 comments, many complimentary to Rand

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down 5-5-16. Never forget

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    That guy is so full of $#@! saying Obama cared about seperation of powers. Where was he when Obama was saying that he doesn't need congress and that he has his pen and paper.

LOL @ Rand callilng out $#@!head on his hypocrisy and doublespeak
    Obama had "the pen & cell phone". Trump has the pen & tweet.

5-5-16. Never forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again