Thread: A prayer and plea for clemency for a death row inmate

A prayer and plea for clemency for a death row inmate

Don Johnson is an elder in my church and I've never met him. He was converted to Christianity while on death row. As a result of his conversion he has led many others behind bars to Christ and he even runs a radio ministry. He is scheduled to die this week. His step daughter, and the biological daughter of the woman he killed, no longer wants him to die. I was at a prayer vigil a couple of months ago and I heard clergy from several faiths, Catholic, Episcopalian, Seventh Day Adventist and others, remark on how impressed they have been with Don over the years for his ministry, leadership and spiritual walk. (Don himself is Seventh Day Adventist). I simply don't see the purpose in the state putting him to death. Not at this point. There will be a rally on his behalf at the state capital in Nashville this afternoon and I will be attending. I don't know yet what time it is at the moment, but I will add that to this thread once I get it.

If you want to read more about this story:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...on/3345860002/

If you'd like to write the governor on behalf of Don Johnson:

https://www.informedvotetn.com/gover...ll-lee/connect
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The prayer vigil / rally is at 3 p.m. at legislative plaza in Nashville Tennessee.

I will pray for him.

I am against the death penalty for anyone who is not a serial killer. I rocked on it even for serial killers for a while because ultimately I know most of them are very sick individuals and were likely abused as children.

It appears the governor is not going to intervene on behalf of Don Johnson.

May God have mercy on Mr. Johnson and forgive him for his sins and remember him in His kingdom.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    It appears the governor is not going to intervene on behalf of Don Johnson.

May God have mercy on Mr. Johnson and forgive him for his sins and remember him in His kingdom.
    Yeah. I saw that. Still praying but accepting God's will.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.