Thread: Democrats are Running as Republicans for the 2020 Primaries

Exclamation Democrats are Running as Republicans for the 2020 Primaries

Vincent James of the Red Elephants YouTube channel claims that Democrats are unleashing a new plan to infiltrate the Republican Party.
    According to the YouTuber, “They are full-throttle trying to run Democrats posing as Republicans in red districts with lower turnout in order to inch their way to a potential supermajority and to swing the party further and further left.”

During the video, James highlighted how Justice Democrats political consultant Zach Exley described this infiltration strategy as a “little bit of a hack”. The focus of this strategy is to win both Democratic and Republican primaries.

Corbin Trent, one of the cofounders of Justice Democrats, emphasized working “within the two existing parties” and “attack district by district looking for people that fit that culture of that district.”
    Justice Democrats, however, tend to focus the majority of their energy towards primarying Democrats by running Hard Left candidates such as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Groups like Brand New Congress are also employing a similar strategy, but they spread their focus to Republican districts.
    In fact, in the Justice Democrats FAQ section, a distinction was made between the Brand New Congress and Justice Democrats strategy:
    Brand New Congress has many of the same principles as us, but are attempting to recruit Congressional candidates to run as Republicans in red districts.

James also brought to attention a story about a Republican candidate, Chris Anglin who has been accused of being a “plant” by the North Carolina Republican party.
    A News 13 report broke down the latest controversy involving this “Republican”:
    A candidate for the Republican nomination in a still-vacant North Carolina congressional seat is suing the GOP after being barred from debates and access to internal party data. Republicans call him Democratic plant who last year cost them a seat on the state’s top court.
    Anglin is upset with the way the State Republican Party has treated him, which News 13 continued to highlight:
    Candidate Chris Anglin of Raleigh said Monday he wants a state court to force the state Republican Party to give him access to voter lists, calendars and other data already provided to nine others in the 9th Congressional District field. Anglin also has been barred from participating in Republican candidate forums or debates.

However, state GOP officials justified this move on the grounds that Anglin is not a real Republican:
    The state Republican Party last year pointed out Anglin was a registered Democrat until changing his registration three weeks before filing to run for state Supreme Court. Then-state GOP Chairman Robin Hayes said after Anglin entered the race last month he was not a real Republican and would not be allowed access to GOP data, information, or infrastructure.
    Last year, Anglin ran against an incumbent Republican, Barbara Jackson, on the Supreme Court and a liberal Democrat. By splitting the GOP vote, the liberal Democrat was able to win the election.
    Going forward, this may be the Progressive strategy to make both parties lurch further to the Left.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/democr...020-primaries/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They already infiltrated the Republican party. Theres plenty of GOP senators and governors who were Democrats in the past. Best example I can think of off the top of my head is Rick Perry. I believe he voted for Jimmy Carter back in the 1976 election.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-11-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They already infiltrated the Republican party. Theres plenty of GOP senators and governors who were Democrats in the past.
    This just made me think of Larry McDonald. That dewd was a democrat but an old school democrat and refused to switch parties.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I remember Ron at one point in time advised that people run for the party they have the best chance of getting elected.

Neoconservatives did this a long time ago. Just a new generation of Marxists up to the same old tricks.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Dems should all be required to wear blue helmets to spot them .
    Do something Danke

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I remember Ron at one point in time advised that people run for the party they have the best chance of getting elected.
    Wait??? What about purism???

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    After working my whole life as a salesman, They are actually pretty easy to spot by attire and body language. I have gotten to where I am on the money 98% of the time. But those blue helmets can be seen from long way off.

Dems should all be required to wear blue helmets black and white stripes to spot them .
    Fixed it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Epic, if true.

We already have a group what wears blue helmets.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Bosnia and the blue helmets upset a lot of people. They are still pissed at Willy over that one. From what I heard, They made a nice target at 300 meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    It's close enough but I prefer my suggestion:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Was Ron Paul a true Republican?

This is how I see Ron Paul. Like all candidates with an "R" at the end of his name, he uses the label to acquire electoral office. He accrues the benefits that the party label provides. However, because he takes so many divergent issue positions both in the campaign and in Congress - he does not contribute to the maintenance of the brand. To put it intuitively, he's a libertarian who dresses up as a Republican. This is why I chuckle whenever he argues - which he often does in the debates - that he is the only true Republican in the field. If you define a Republican as a libertarian - then that would be the case!

So, why is it that the Republican Party stands beside him every election? It is because there is nothing it can do about him. Return to the national defense metaphor - and ask yourself why a rational person actually pays his taxes. It is because the federal government has established mechanisms to monitor people and punish those who fail to do their part. National defense is a public good - but the federal government has instituted a private bad to make sure that nobody cheats.

Simply stated, the party lacks the ability to impose such private bads. The party has few viable enforcement mechanisms to ensure that its members do their part to maintain the party brand. Paul ran for the seat in 1996 as the "insurgent" candidate against the Democrat-turned-Republican Greg Laughlin, who had the support of the party leadership both in Washington and in Texas. Paul used his network of libertarians and "gold bugs" to raise nearly $2 million and win the seat out from under the party establishment. Since then, the GOP establishment has never challenged him, despite the fact that he is - according to Michael Barone - the least reliable vote in the entire GOP caucus. The reason is that the mechanism for intra-party staff changes, the party primary, is a highly inefficient enforcement mechanism. The expected costs to the party for challenging Paul in the primary greatly outweigh the benefits it could expect to accrue from the challenge. Imagine what would happen if the GOP establishment got behind a serious challenge to Paul. He would probably survive - but could a weakened Paul survive a general election fight against the Democrat who would surely emerge? If Paul did win the general, who knows how he would respond in the next Congress. Maybe he would refuse to caucus with the GOP altogether. And, should Paul not survive, it would take a great deal of resources to take him down, leaving the GOP nominee low on funds, and a Republican electorate badly divided by the contested primary.

What is the lesson in this? It is, as I suggested last week, that the party does not have much control over its members. Ultimately, our system is not at all efficient for the development and maintenance of a strong party brand. If a party candidate decides to run away from the party, and therefore diminish the brand, during the campaign - there is little the rest of the party can do. If a party official decides to vote against the party brand in the legislature - there is little the rest of the party can do. Importantly, it does not take a lot of "cheaters" to stultify the party agenda altogether. At its largest, the GOP majority was never more than twenty seats over a majority. So, less than ten percent of the party caucus could derail it. The Democratic majorities between the 1950s and the 1990s were much larger - but they were so full of southern, conservative Democrats that in many sessions the alliance of the southern conservatives and the Republicans had effective control over the chamber.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ho...onsibil_1.html

They already infiltrated the Republican party. Theres plenty of GOP senators and governors who were Democrats in the past.
    For real. It's been going on at least since Rockefeller screwed Goldwater.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Which is I came up with this for presidential elections and should be applied to all elections:

Vote the Record, Not the Rhetoric

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nd-Information

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

• Democrats are Running as Republicans for the 2020 Primaries
    ... like 2016?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Not to mention the president...
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    This just made me think of Larry McDonald. That dewd was a democrat but an old school democrat and refused to switch parties.
    From what I've heard, Larry McDonald was the last good Democrat we had because he was a classical liberal. I believe Ron even said at one point that he was just as conservative as him. He was thinking about running for president in 1984 but ended up dying in a plane crash.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-11-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

From what I've heard, Larry McDonald was the last good Democrat we had because he was a classical liberal. I believe Ron even said at one point that he was just as conservative as him. He was thinking about running for president in 1984 but ended up dying in a plane crash.
    There was reason to suspect Soviet involvement in the incident, especially since he was head of the John Birch Society.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

There was reason to suspect Soviet involvement in the incident, especially since he was head of the John Birch Society.
    That doesn't surprise me one bit. Although I'm sure the US government had some hand in it as well.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-11-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Calvin Coolidge

Democrats are Running as Republicans for the 2020 Primaries

Extremist conservative mole Steve Bannon even used to call current senior MAGA White House leadership "democrats", fortunately he has been kicked out and put in his place.

Related

How did Bolsheviks manage to take over control of GOP?

Conceding that top leadership of GOP-Adelson wing used to be left wing Dems not too long ago, it is not clear if that is a large factor for GOP's move left. Part of it could be just due to passage of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOlXidHXRE

"As he (Trump) launched his campaign, the conservative National Review reported that he was a registered Democrat from 2001 to 2009 and praised a Canadian-style universal health care system. Party affiliation in the United States is usually changed by ticking a box while registering to vote and doesn't imply any financial contribution. However Trump has also shown a willingness to contribute considerable sums to Democratic causes - including Hillary Clinton's campaign for Senate in 2002."

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    It's actually very simple. Instead of running as a Democrat, he is running GOP, so he must attack the Democrats. Some of his kids didn't get the memo though.

People have ability to change, democrats can become conservative Republicans sometimes.
    Don't understand why some conservative purists keep calling them Democrats even now.