Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Our Leaders Are Psychopaths

  1. #1

    Our Leaders Are Psychopaths

    Jul 17, 2017

    SHOW NOTES AND MP3: https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=406

    They walk among us. On the outside. they’re just like you and me, but on the inside they are unfeeling automatons who care only for themselves. They are the psychopaths, and they are in control of our governments, our corporations, our military and all of the positions of power. Join us this week on The Corbett Report as we delve into Political Ponerology, a diagnosis of our politicians and a brief look at the bigger picture.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    According to long-time professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School Lance Dodes:
    Donald Trump’s speech and behaviour show that he has severe sociopathic traits. The significance of this cannot be overstated. While there have surely been American presidents who could be said to be narcissistic, none have shown sociopathic qualities to the degree seen in Mr. Trump. Correspondingly, none have been so definitively and so obviously dangerous.
    https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2018/01/18/Is-Donald-Trump-A-Sociopath
    Do NOT ever read my posts.
    Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-world/page2

  4. #3
    Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians.

    A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

    The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.

    “The interpretation of the coding of the political attitude items in the descriptive and preliminary analyses portion of the manuscript was exactly reversed,” the journal said in the startling correction.

    “The descriptive analyses report that those higher in Eysenck’s psychoticism are more conservative, but they are actually more liberal; and where the original manuscript reports those higher in neuroticism and social desirability are more liberal, they are, in fact, more conservative.”

    In the paper, psychoticism is associated with traits such as tough-mindedness, risk-taking, sensation-seeking, impulsivity and authoritarianism.

    The social-desirability scale measures people’s tendency to answer questions in ways they believe would please researchers, even if it means overestimating their positive characteristics and underestimating negative ones.

    The erroneous report has been cited 45 times, according to Thomson Reuters Web of Science.

    Brad Verhulst, a Virginia Commonwealth University researcher and a co-author of the paper, said he was not sure who was to blame.

    “I don’t know where it happened. All I know is it happened,” he told Retraction Watch, a blog that tracks corrections in academic papers. “It’s our fault for not figuring it out before.”

    The journal said the error doesn’t change the main conclusions of the paper, which found that “personality traits do not cause people to develop political attitudes.”

    But professor Steven Ludeke of the University of Southern Denmark, who pointed out the errors, told Retraction Watch that they “matter quite a lot.”

    “The erroneous results represented some of the larger correlations between personality and politics ever reported; they were reported and interpreted, repeatedly, in the wrong direction,” he said.

    https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/scienc...chotic-traits/

  5. #4

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

    The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.
    Certainly explains RINOs and Democrats-turned-Republicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    According to long-time professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School Lance Dodes: https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2018/01/18/Is-Donald-Trump-A-Sociopath
    Really? No $#@!. https://www.cbc.ca/doczone/features/...10-professions

    I'm pretty sure that the post of President or any other politician is included in the category 'civil servant'.
    Last edited by Jenard Butler; 05-10-2019 at 12:17 PM.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    According to long-time professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School Lance Dodes: https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2018/01/18/Is-Donald-Trump-A-Sociopath
    LOL

    I can't certify what DJTvsg's psychiatric status is but I know that a liberal academic trying to diagnose him through the TV is blowing hot air.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  9. #8
    https://www.newsweek.com/art-deal-co...iopath-1420701

    'ART OF THE DEAL' CO-AUTHOR SAYS HE WOULD LIKE TO RENAME THE BOOK 'THE SOCIOPATH'

    The ghost writer of President Donald Trump’s Art of the Deal memoir-cum-business advice book has suggested it should be renamed to "The Sociopath" to better reflect its protagonist.

    Tony Schwartz has been openly critical of Trump since he became president, and speaking with CNN host Anderson Cooper on Wednesday delivered his latest stinging rebuke of the president’s character and conduct.

    Schwartz appeared on CNN to discuss a New York Times report published Wednesday, which showed that Trump’s businesses lost more than $1 billion between 1985 and 1994, citing the president’s tax returns for that period.

    Schwartz told Cooper neither he, nor anyone other than the two or three people with full access to Trump’s tax returns and finances, were aware of just how much money the New York businessman was hemorrhaging.

    When Cooper suggested Trump must have been feeling immense pressure in the face of such losses, Schwartz said the president “doesn’t experience the kind of overwhelm of pressure or tension at the level you or I would, or most people would."

    “If I had to rename The Art of the Deal, I would call it The Sociopath,” Schwartz continued. “Because he has no conscience, he has no guilt. All he wants to do is make the case that he would like to be true. And while I do think he is probably aware that more walls are closing around him than ever before, he does not experience the world in the way an ordinary human being would.”

    Cooper challenged Schwartz on whether he was actually accusing the president of being a sociopath, to which the author doubled down on his classification. “Without any question. I urge people who wonder about that to simply Google the word sociopath.

    “The first or second entry gives you nine or 10 descriptive words about what a sociopath is, and it always includes a kind of pathological narcissism, which is what many people describe him as being. But it adds the element of absence of conscience, and that changes everything.”

    Comparing Trump to disgraced financier Bernie Madoff, Schwartz said the president had been “running a personal Ponzi scheme” and that his entire business empire was “thoroughly rotten at the core.”

    On Wednesday, Trump claimed the huge reported losses were merely “sport” and leverage in negotiations with banks. The president lost so much money that he was able to avoid paying any taxes for eight of the 10 years covered by the acquired records. He lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer during this period, The New York Times noted.

    “Here’s another guess I would make,” Schwartz continued. “He has never paid taxes… It’s going to turn out that he probably has never paid taxes during his adult life.”

    Also on Wednesday, Schwartz attacked the president on Twitter, suggesting The Art of the Deal should be reclassified or even taken out of production. “Given the Times report on Trump's staggering losses, I'd be fine if Random House simply took the book out of print. Or recategorized it as fiction,” he wrote.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...reading-a-book

    'Art of the Deal' co-author rips Trump: He's 'incapable of reading a book, much less writing one’

    The man who helped co-author President Trump’s bestselling book, “The Art of the Deal,” tore into the president for his recent tweet bragging about his writing skills.

    “He is incapable of reading a book, much less writing one,” Tony Schwartz tweeted on Wednesday.

    Schwartz told The New Yorker last year that he had written most of Trump's 1987 book as a ghostwriter. Trump has denied that claim and said the pair worked as a team.

    Schwartz's tweet came after Trump boasted about his writing ability in a Tuesday tweet.

    "After having written many best selling books, and somewhat priding myself on my ability to write, it should be noted that the Fake News constantly likes to pore over my tweets looking for a mistake,” Trump wrote. “I capitalize certain words only for emphasis, not [because] they should be capitalized!”

    HuffPost noted Wednesday that Trump had initially misspelled the word “pore” — originally writing “pour” — before the tweet was deleted and corrected.

    Schwartz said that Trump’s tweet claiming he has “'written' bestselling books is one more deceit & delusion.”

    Tim O’Brien, a biographer who has written about Trump, also responded to the president’s tweet.

    “President Trump didn’t write any of his books,” the author tweeted Tuesday. “Ghostwriters on all of them.”


    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians.

    A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

    The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.

    “The interpretation of the coding of the political attitude items in the descriptive and preliminary analyses portion of the manuscript was exactly reversed,” the journal said in the startling correction.

    “The descriptive analyses report that those higher in Eysenck’s psychoticism are more conservative, but they are actually more liberal; and where the original manuscript reports those higher in neuroticism and social desirability are more liberal, they are, in fact, more conservative.”

    In the paper, psychoticism is associated with traits such as tough-mindedness, risk-taking, sensation-seeking, impulsivity and authoritarianism.

    The social-desirability scale measures people’s tendency to answer questions in ways they believe would please researchers, even if it means overestimating their positive characteristics and underestimating negative ones.

    The erroneous report has been cited 45 times, according to Thomson Reuters Web of Science.

    Brad Verhulst, a Virginia Commonwealth University researcher and a co-author of the paper, said he was not sure who was to blame.

    “I don’t know where it happened. All I know is it happened,” he told Retraction Watch, a blog that tracks corrections in academic papers. “It’s our fault for not figuring it out before.”

    The journal said the error doesn’t change the main conclusions of the paper, which found that “personality traits do not cause people to develop political attitudes.”

    But professor Steven Ludeke of the University of Southern Denmark, who pointed out the errors, told Retraction Watch that they “matter quite a lot.”

    “The erroneous results represented some of the larger correlations between personality and politics ever reported; they were reported and interpreted, repeatedly, in the wrong direction,” he said.

    https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/scienc...chotic-traits/
    Academia is full of biased liars?
    Who knew?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #10
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I can't certify what DJTvsg's psychiatric status is...
    That's right. You can't. But I notice you're trying to certify him as 'very stable' nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That's right. You can't. But I notice you're trying to certify him as 'very stable' nonetheless.
    LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL
    Did you know laughing out loud at totally inappropriate times is another sociopathic trait?

    So is the belief that getting the last word is more important than not making a fool of oneself.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Did you know laughing out loud at totally inappropriate times is another sociopathic trait?

    So is the belief that getting the last word is more important than not making a fool of oneself.
    You just can't see who is making a fool out of himself and that is funny.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Did you know laughing out loud at totally inappropriate times is another sociopathic trait?

    So is the belief that getting the last word is more important than not making a fool of oneself.

    Sociopaths are incapable of shame or embarrassment. They quite literally can't make fools of themselves, at least in their own eyes.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You just can't see who is making a fool out of himself and that is funny.
    I can,,, and you are funny.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    All Nimrods are Psychotic..

    You have to be, to want to be.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom



Similar Threads

  1. Are they all psychopaths?
    By timosman in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2015, 11:42 AM
  2. Psychopaths
    By Danke in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 09:30 AM
  3. Psychopaths
    By Danke in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 08:53 AM
  4. Psychopaths and politics
    By spacehabitats in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 10:13 AM
  5. Twilight of the Psychopaths
    By lucius in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 12:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •