Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: All my banks & credit card co's keep pushing 'paperless' .

  1. #1

    All my banks & credit card co's keep pushing 'paperless' .

    This is incredibly inconvenient for me, as I can get all my bills paid
    it 15 mins to a 1/2 hour if I have a stack of invoices in front of
    me instead of wasting 2 hours signing in to each acct and looking
    for amounts payable, plus it exposes me to so many more sign
    ins over the internet.

    Also, when you are signing in there are always 2 or 3 company adds
    and more offers, and check boxes that you must check before
    getting to your actual statement section.

    They want me to go paperless, so they can continue to send me
    and everyone else 5 or more offers a week through the mail.
    I say, stop (Banks) sending everyone weekly offers through the mail, then we can
    talk about letting them stop sending Paper Statements.

    They try to guilt the sht of me into going paperless, while that is the
    last thing on their mind for themselves.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Never go full retard paperless.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #3
    I'll go paperless when they pay me what they would save. I don't care if its 25cents, credit it to my bill and we have a deal.

  5. #4
    I still read my paper bill then mail a check with a stamp .
    Do something Danke

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I still read my paper bill then mail a check with a stamp .
    I do that when they want to charge me a buck to pay it online.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I do that when they want to charge me a buck to pay it online.
    I remember once I bought a new car for the wife , probably '07 or something , financed part of it at her credit union , she called to pay over the phone with debit card because she had forgot to mail my check . They wanted to charge 10.00 for that . I am like hell no I will just drive it up there in the morning . Then I took over mailing that .
    Do something Danke

  8. #7
    My bank has never bothered me to go paperless. My health insurance on the other hand...
    For several months last year every time the card was touched I would get an email notification that my EOB was available to view online, followed by a 10-20 minute phone call in which I reminded them that I didn't have an online account and that I ALWAYS want a paper EOB and that I will never sign up for electronic EOBs.
    The last time I had to get snarky and condescending, and they finally got the message. So far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

  9. #8
    Eventually it will cost you not to go paperless. Coming soon to a dystopia near you.

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Since Im a bookkeeper and write tons of checks at my job and for one of my clients, I would love to go paperless with them however there are apps for that where you can do it outside of your bank. Personally, most of my stuff is on autopay through the vendor etc. I rarely write checks anymore. I truly detest that my bank has been shutting down drive throughs..thats my biggest beef...that and abyssmal customer service. And yes...they are trying to force you to go paperless and bankerless. idiots eliminating their own jobs. AI is becoming pervasive.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 05-12-2019 at 08:22 AM.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Eventually it will cost you not to go paperless. Coming soon to a dystopia near you.
    Already does at some banks and credit unions; getting the 'free' checking is contingent on agreeing to paperless billing, no paper statements, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump - accidentally killing a few children in the fight against Islamic extremism so Soros doesn't murder thousands of children
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump hasn't even been in 6 months, you can't call him a boondoggle President unless he has overseen a military boondoggle for at least a year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    When Donald Trump talks about torture, I don't know what he really believes for sure, but he gets attacked on what he says unjustly by the media and many people here

  13. #11
    Its not really Paperless, thats just the term they toss around. The actual goal is to get rid of all their employees and let AI do everything, take your money and pay nothing back to the people. That keeps the money you pay at the top.
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Since Im a bookkeeper and write tons of checks at my job and for one of my clients, I would love to go paperless with them however there are apps for that where you can do it outside of your bank. Personally, most of my stuff is on autopay through the vendor etc. I rarely write checks anymore. I truly detest that my bank has been shutting down drive throughs..thats my biggest beef...that and abyssmal customer service. And yes...they are trying to force you to go paperless and bankerless. idiots eliminating their own jobs. AI is becoming pervasive.
    OMG , I get car sick when I see the word app and banking in the same sentence.

    I fkg hate my smart phone, reach into pocket to see who's calling and 7 out of 10 times it just answers,
    grrrr...........

    Type in a verification code or something and the page closes and phone shuts off.

    I prefer my laptop for everything, no mistakes, no mishits that call 911 , etc.


    I resent being a lackey to smart phones and apps, they are imprisoning us, and of course tracking
    every breath we take.

    As you say 'eliminating their own jobs' , that's what the checkers do at Smith's Market, they literally
    think that the self serve kiosks are not eliminating jobs.
    I NEVER use self serve, I'd rather pay more now than later, preserving jobs, if all jobs are eliminated
    through the use of robots and
    AI, the prices will not be lower, they take every last cent they can slime around.

    : )

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    OMG , I get car sick when I see the word app and banking in the same sentence.

    I fkg hate my smart phone, reach into pocket to see who's calling and 7 out of 10 times it just answers,
    grrrr...........

    Type in a verification code or something and the page closes and phone shuts off.

    I prefer my laptop for everything, no mistakes, no mishits that call 911 , etc.


    I resent being a lackey to smart phones and apps, they are imprisoning us, and of course tracking
    every breath we take.

    As you say 'eliminating their own jobs' , that's what the checkers do at Smith's Market, they literally
    think that the self serve kiosks are not eliminating jobs.
    I NEVER use self serve, I'd rather pay more now than later, preserving jobs, if all jobs are eliminated
    through the use of robots and
    AI, the prices will not be lower, they take every last cent they can slime around.

    : )

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    OMG , I get car sick when I see the word app and banking in the same sentence.

    I fkg hate my smart phone, reach into pocket to see who's calling and 7 out of 10 times it just answers,
    grrrr...........

    Type in a verification code or something and the page closes and phone shuts off.

    I prefer my laptop for everything, no mistakes, no mishits that call 911 , etc.


    I resent being a lackey to smart phones and apps, they are imprisoning us, and of course tracking
    every breath we take.

    As you say 'eliminating their own jobs' , that's what the checkers do at Smith's Market, they literally
    think that the self serve kiosks are not eliminating jobs.
    I NEVER use self serve, I'd rather pay more now than later, preserving jobs, if all jobs are eliminated
    through the use of robots and
    AI, the prices will not be lower, they take every last cent they can slime around.

    : )
    Well, the point of automating the machines never really was to lower prices in itself. ATM, it's just a "compliment" to human checkers. IDK why you'd think using them is a threat to human workers. The robots simply serve people with different subjective value scales than those who would rather wait in line. I've used self-checkout when the registers are over-crowded and I value my time more than human service. THAT SAID...in an environment when the regime forces the minimum wage up ridiculously high, we can reasonably expect employers to replace at least *some* low-skill/unskilled labor with machines. #kurwa
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Its not really Paperless, thats just the term they toss around. The actual goal is to get rid of all their employees and let AI do everything, take your money and pay nothing back to the people. That keeps the money you pay at the top.
    "The People"...wow, you're starting to sound like a hippie commie, bruh. ("THE HORRIBLE CAPITALIST DOTH OWN THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION AND EXPLOITS EVERYONE ELSE BY SELLING PRODUCTS PRODUCED BY THEM AND LABOR OF THE WORKERS FOR PROFIT! KURWA! IS OF OUTRAGE!") I assure you that business firms do not exist *just* to employ people. They exist to provide products/services to customers. #austrianeconFTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    "The People"...wow, you're starting to sound like a hippie commie, bruh. ("THE HORRIBLE CAPITALIST DOTH OWN THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION AND EXPLOITS EVERYONE ELSE BY SELLING PRODUCTS PRODUCED BY THEM AND LABOR OF THE WORKERS FOR PROFIT! KURWA! IS OF OUTRAGE!") I assure you that business firms do not exist *just* to employ people. They exist to provide products/services to customers. #austrianeconFTW
    Yep. And its our dream to have True Capitalism. But we know we dont have that at all. We have True Fascism, where Govt denies everyone everything, except those who apply and pay for Permission. Since we have a pretty good idea, especially in big business, that big business runs the govt, those companies use the govt to prevent competition. Thus, the 8 year old kid trying to make money by selling Lemonade is outlawed because prohibition is default in a Fascist system. Please bear in mind that Fascism by definition is a merger between Business and Govt.
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Yep. And its our dream to have True Capitalism. But we know we dont have that at all. We have True Fascism, where Govt denies everyone everything, except those who apply and pay for Permission. Since we have a pretty good idea, especially in big business, that big business runs the govt, those companies use the govt to prevent competition. Thus, the 8 year old kid trying to make money by selling Lemonade is outlawed because prohibition is default in a Fascist system. Please bear in mind that Fascism by definition is a merger between Business and Govt.
    Ya got some good points, bro. But we have on our hands *more* crony capitalism than outright pure Fascism. Murica's still a generation or so away from being conditioned to be ready for pure fascism with propaganda in media and miseducation in the skools/universities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Well, the point of automating the machines never really was to lower prices in itself. ATM, it's just a "compliment" to human checkers. IDK why you'd think using them is a threat to human workers. The robots simply serve people with different subjective value scales than those who would rather wait in line. I've used self-checkout when the registers are over-crowded and I value my time more than human service. THAT SAID...in an environment when the regime forces the minimum wage up ridiculously high, we can reasonably expect employers to replace at least *some* low-skill/unskilled labor with machines. #kurwa
    it's just a "compliment" to human checkers. IDK why you'd think using them is a threat to human workers.
    (cough)
    There are 11 self check's , and One / sometimes Two Checkers at my Walmart on a typical visit,
    there is nothing in that picture that shows how humans aren't being forced out of the work place.
    And we are paying for it, in every way.

    : )

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Eventually it will cost you not to go paperless. Coming soon to a dystopia near you.
    This is just another way of saying they pay you to go paperless, like specs suggested.

  23. #20
    Good luck with your paperless records for your IRS audits . I am sure they will just take your word for it .
    Do something Danke

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Well, the point of automating the machines never really was to lower prices in itself. ATM, it's just a "compliment" to human checkers. IDK why you'd think using them is a threat to human workers. The robots simply serve people with different subjective value scales than those who would rather wait in line. I've used self-checkout when the registers are over-crowded and I value my time more than human service. THAT SAID...in an environment when the regime forces the minimum wage up ridiculously high, we can reasonably expect employers to replace at least *some* low-skill/unskilled labor with machines. #kurwa
    The value of an economy is based on labor and compensation for that labor. This is why precious metals hold their value compared to unlimited paper printing and digital. It still requires effort and labor to produce, mine, and refine metals. When stores start making us pay to do labor for them without fair compensation for that labor such as a discount for our efforts they have their cake and eat it too. Once we accept this conditioning and practice as normal to do labor for free without compensation they are not going to stop at just a few self checkouts, it will soon be universally all self checkout.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    (cough)
    There are 11 self check's , and One / sometimes Two Checkers at my Walmart on a typical visit,
    there is nothing in that picture that shows how humans aren't being forced out of the work place.
    And we are paying for it, in every way.

    : )
    One of my pet peeves, where is my compensation for my labor and efforts? No 10%-20% discount at least to compensate for my labor? What about the huge inconvenience to those who have a full cart with large items like bags of dog food? For those who have common sense and only go to the store once a week and stock up self checkout is a huge inconvenience, there is no place to put all your groceries after they are scanned, you have to go to the front of the store and get a second cart to put them into after you scan them from the first cart. A higher percentage are buying carts full, not just a couple items in a hurry. And when we accept doing this very inconvenient labor for them for free so that they can profit more they are not going to stop at just a few, they will go all self checkout. Give an inch and they are going to take a mile.

    And the dummies don't realize it is counter productive anyways. Our local Walmart with 12 lanes just put in all self checkout but 4 lanes. This is in a rural area where most customers do not live around the corner right down the street. So they come to town and do shopping for a couple weeks of supplies at a time. Most have overflowing carts or even two carts full of supplies. As a store YOU WANT customers to purchase full carts of groceries, you want to sell each customer as much as possible each trip to the store. Well when this store put in all the added self checkout this became VERY inconvenient for the majority of their customers. I stopped in the other day and the store was pretty much empty, never saw it that empty before since it opened. I asked the checker about it and she said that since they put in all the self checkout no one comes to shop there anymore, and those who do only grab a couple items and run, they no longer come there to buy the carts full they used to, they are going to other stores where it is easier to checkout having full carts.

    They lost more than they saved with this stupid decision...
    Last edited by ATruepatriot; 05-14-2019 at 08:13 AM.

  25. #22
    We dont do paperless either. We've gone to the extent of only doing business with lenders that offer coupon books, or mail a physical statement.

    The only case where we were forced was by an employer, who mandated everyone use paperless stubs. Of course, I lost 10+ years of stubs. Thankfully I printed out each annual stub, so I still have record, but its an example of an arbitrary decision that can be made without your input.

    All that being said, obviously there's a lot of cost associated with paper transactions, so its no surprise that they would hassle their customers into going paperless.

    Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"



  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    This is incredibly inconvenient for me, as I can get all my bills paid
    it 15 mins to a 1/2 hour if I have a stack of invoices in front of
    me instead of wasting 2 hours signing in to each acct and looking
    for amounts payable, plus it exposes me to so many more sign
    ins over the internet.

    Also, when you are signing in there are always 2 or 3 company adds
    and more offers, and check boxes that you must check before
    getting to your actual statement section.

    They want me to go paperless, so they can continue to send me
    and everyone else 5 or more offers a week through the mail.
    I say, stop (Banks) sending everyone weekly offers through the mail, then we can
    talk about letting them stop sending Paper Statements.

    They try to guilt the sht of me into going paperless, while that is the
    last thing on their mind for themselves.
    A stack of invoices and 2 hours? How many bills and credit cards do you have? 20+?

    Paperless is the way to go. It takes me a two minutes tops to pay a bill. When using autopay for utilities, if my credit or debit card expire I get a notice and pay right away using another form of payment and don't incur late charges.
    go small or go home
    Taxation is Theft

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    A stack of invoices and 2 hours? How many bills and credit cards do you have? 20+?

    Paperless is the way to go. It takes me a two minutes tops to pay a bill. When using autopay for utilities, if my credit or debit card expire I get a notice and pay right away using another form of payment and don't incur late charges.
    How many do you have, one?



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    The value of an economy is based on labor and compensation for that labor. This is why precious metals hold their value compared to unlimited paper printing and digital. It still requires effort and labor to produce, mine, and refine metals. When stores start making us pay to do labor for them without fair compensation for that labor such as a discount for our efforts they have their cake and eat it too. Once we accept this conditioning and practice as normal to do labor for free without compensation they are not going to stop at just a few self checkouts, it will soon be universally all self checkout.



    One of my pet peeves, where is my compensation for my labor and efforts? No 10%-20% discount at least to compensate for my labor? What about the huge inconvenience to those who have a full cart with large items like bags of dog food? For those who have common sense and only go to the store once a week and stock up self checkout is a huge inconvenience, there is no place to put all your groceries after they are scanned, you have to go to the front of the store and get a second cart to put them into after you scan them from the first cart. A higher percentage are buying carts full, not just a couple items in a hurry. And when we accept doing this very inconvenient labor for them for free so that they can profit more they are not going to stop at just a few, they will go all self checkout. Give an inch and they are going to take a mile.

    And the dummies don't realize it is counter productive anyways. Our local Walmart with 12 lanes just put in all self checkout but 4 lanes. This is in a rural area where most customers do not live around the corner right down the street. So they come to town and do shopping for a couple weeks of supplies at a time. Most have overflowing carts or even two carts full of supplies. As a store YOU WANT customers to purchase full carts of groceries, you want to sell each customer as much as possible each trip to the store. Well when this store put in all the added self checkout this became VERY inconvenient for the majority of their customers. I stopped in the other day and the store was pretty much empty, never saw it that empty before since it opened. I asked the checker about it and she said that since they put in all the self checkout no one comes to shop there anymore, and those who do only grab a couple items and run, they no longer come there to buy the carts full they used to, they are going to other stores where it is easier to checkout having full carts.

    They lost more than they saved with this stupid decision...
    Great point that I actually never considered;
    They are literally putting us to work, hiring us without pay nor medical insurance etc,
    no benefits of any kind, isn't that slavery.........

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    How many do you have, one?
    lol Don't be such a cry baby. Bills plural. Utilitites plural. More than 2 and less than 10.
    go small or go home
    Taxation is Theft

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    lol Don't be such a cry baby. Bills plural. Utilitites plural. More than 2 and less than 10.
    People with small business will have much more than ten and they really need the paper trail for tax protection.
    Do something Danke

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    lol Don't be such a cry baby. Bills plural. Utilitites plural. More than 2 and less than 10.
    So how many is that , one ? You pay one bills ?
    >2,<10, what's that , like about one , right ......?....




    A stack of invoices and 2 hours? How many bills and credit cards do you have? 20+?
    ''don't be such a cry baby'' : )

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Great point that I actually never considered;
    They are literally putting us to work, hiring us without pay nor medical insurance etc,
    no benefits of any kind, isn't that slavery.........
    We have already been through this before, Look at what happened with self serve gasoline stations. When they started the price of fuel was significantly less per gallon from self serve stations than it was at full serve stations. Just compensation for our personal effort and labor. Then all of a sudden they were all self serve and the price went up to full serve price with no compensation or discount at all. They conditioned us as a society to do labor for free while they reaped a full profit margin having their cake and eat it too. But with the self checkout situation they are taking advantage of our ignorance and jumping right past the discount step and right to self serve at full price. This is what will happen if we allow them to get away with and support this brainwashing. And when this becomes a successful business practice from the brainwashing they will all start do it in more retail markets and industries. By supporting it we are facilitating it, and at some point we will wish we had not.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    The value of an economy is based on labor and compensation for that labor. This is why precious metals hold their value compared to unlimited paper printing and digital. It still requires effort and labor to produce, mine, and refine metals. When stores start making us pay to do labor for them without fair compensation for that labor such as a discount for our efforts they have their cake and eat it too. Once we accept this conditioning and practice as normal to do labor for free without compensation they are not going to stop at just a few self checkouts, it will soon be universally all self checkout.
    That's incorrect, sir. Things are valuable because people perceive them to be (that is, impute value to them). Please read up on the Austrian Theory of Value. The Labor Theory of Value is outdated and more wishful thinking than a solid theory nao. Labor is one of several factors in production, however-like land, etc. (since the labor of checkout isn't part of production, this is a moot point, but you get my drift)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2019, 06:30 PM
  2. Big Banks Woo Clients With Cheap Credit-Card Cash
    By bobbyw24 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 06:58 AM
  3. Banks Sweeten Credit Card Rewards to Push Use
    By bobbyw24 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 10:07 AM
  4. Credit Card Rates: Banks Plan To RAISE Rates, Annual Fees
    By bobbyw24 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 02:37 PM
  5. Banks Ease Burden Of Credit Card Debt by Modifying Balances
    By bobbyw24 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •