Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Arrested After More Than 1,000 Guns Found in Bel-Air Home During Investigation Into Sellin

Man Arrested After More Than 1,000 Guns Found in Bel-Air Home During Investigation Into Sellin

https://ktla.com/2019/05/08/hundreds...rea-home-lapd/

Sounds like he was a very serious gun collector.

A man was arrested after more than 1,000 guns were recovered from a Bel-Air home Wednesday during an investigation into the illegal selling and manufacturing of weapons, officials said.

Girard Saenz, 57, of Los Angeles, was arrested on suspicion of distributing, transporting, importing, selling, or lending an assault weapon, the Los Angeles Police Department said.

LAPD and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives officials were conducting a joint investigation when a search warrant was served at the home on the 100 block of North Beverly Glen Boulevard at about 4 a.m., police said.

Aerial video from Sky5 showed federal agents and police examining thousands of guns laid out in a courtyard area of the home. The property is in an upscale area of multimillion-dollar homes.

LAPD Lt. Chris Ramirez said the guns are of all makes, calibers and models, and that more than 1,000 rounds of live ammunition were also recovered from the home. The weapons will be itemized and booked into evidence, the lieutenant said.

"This is a big stash," Ramirez said. "It's beyond comprehension that somebody can have so many weapons in a residence like this, in a neighborhood like this."

He added that the incident appears to be isolated and that there is no threat to the public, but the weapons could have ended up in the wrong hands.

Video showed officers taking a bearded man in dark clothing into custody outside the home.

Public property records for the address being searched indicate it's a five-bedroom, 8,200-square-foot home that last sold in 2001. Its value is estimated at more than $7 million, according to real estate website Redfin.com.

The home is owned by Cynthia Beck, who has three daughters with J. Paul Getty’s son, according to public records.

It is unclear whether Beck is connected to the investigation.

Rabbi Chaim Mentz with Chabad of Bel Air said his synagogue is in the same neighborhood that was the scene of a massive law enforcement raid Wednesday.

“I grew up in Brooklyn. I've seen a lot of things. I've never seen stockpiling this big," Mentz said.

He added that he recently met with worshippers after the deadly synagogue shooting near San Diego and discussed ways congregants can secure their homes from gun violence. He believes incidents like these puts everyone further on edge.

“You don’t want this in your backyard," he said.

Police said Saenz is being held on a $50,000 bail.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's his legal status and is there a connection to the human trafficking cartels?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Due Process has taken a massive dump in this Country.

So before he is convicted of anything, his property is gathered up and thrown into piles.

Bunch of nazis.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

He should have gave away 999 of those guns.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I know nothing about owning guns just like I know nothing about seasteading. I don't think this guy did his homework. Seems like he had all eggs in one basket surrounded by foxes. I am not saying he did anything wrong because I think he should be able to do what he wants. But.... There are a lot of guns there and it does not make an innocent looking presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    So before he is convicted of anything, his property is gathered up and thrown into piles.

Bunch of nazis.
    I sleep to Forensic Files on Netflix these days. At like 3am this morning I saw an episode where a man married a woman that had a kid. The kid had a leg missing and the guy found the kid. The kid told the step dad, "the dogs did it." After the funeral a major investigation and both parents are indicted and convicted of murder. They spend 6 years in jail. They win on appeal. The photo's used in original trial showed a cleanly severed leg and prosecutor proved that dogs could not do that. Hmm. The photo's were taken after hours of surgery trying to save the kids life. The before photo's were hidden from the defense. Husband and wife ended up divorced from the ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What's his legal status and is there a connection to the human trafficking cartels?
    This should not be taken to condone any illegal or unconstitutional actions taken by law enforcement in this matter.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I sleep to Forensic Files on Netflix these days. At like 3am this morning I saw an episode where a man married a woman that had a kid. The kid had a leg missing and the guy found the kid. The kid told the step dad, "the dogs did it." After the funeral a major investigation and both parents are indicted and convicted of murder. They spend 6 years in jail. They win on appeal. The photo's used in original trial showed a cleanly severed leg and prosecutor proved that dogs could not do that. Hmm. The photo's were taken after hours of surgery trying to save the kids life. The before photo's were hidden from the defense. Husband and wife ended up divorced from the ordeal.
    And nothing happened to the prosecutors, right?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And nothing happened to the prosecutors, right?
    As mentioned I sleep to it. I don't really watch more like listen. I do not think they covered that. The episode was about the expert scientists that got the guy off not prosecuting the prosecutor.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    As mentioned I sleep to it. I don't really watch more like listen. I do not think they covered that. The episode was about the expert scientists that got the guy off not prosecuting the prosecutor.
    I doubt he got more than a reprimand.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

"It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Aug 7, 1993 - Withheld Evidence May Prove Dogs, Not Parents, Killed Girl ... Harvey Miller, were sentenced to life in prison for killing her daughter April. ... But authorities charged the pair with murder after a pathologist said April died from child abuse. ... and Miller were right: April was killed by a rare frenzied dog attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Looks like a lot of air guns and some .22's . I bought a rifle last week and a shotgun this week but I only have one air rifle . Good thing it is OK where I live to buy & sell weapons
    Do something Danke

Girard Saenz, 57, of Los Angeles, was arrested on suspicion of distributing, transporting, importing, selling, or lending an assault weapon
    Lol

And they throw $750,000 worth of firearms in a pile based on that?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    anonymous tip
    and here we have the future of all gun owners under "red flag" laws.

the weapons could have ended up in the wrong hands.
    Indeed.

It's a good thing these brave Officers found these probably illegal guns, before they fell into the hands of lawless criminals who have no respect for the constitution.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I don't see why people are complaining; with Trumpcontrol, you worry about due process later.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Don't worry everybody, the NRA will come to his defense.

Pre-crime works! Phew, that was a close one.

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    Pre-crime works! Phew, that was a close one.
    Yes, thank God they arrested his ass before he didn't commit a crime of any kind,
    or even plan too.

That's a nice pile of scratched up guns! And IIRC they said 15 of those were "illegal to possess in California", although perfectly legal to possess in America as a federally protected right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Yes, thank God they arrested his ass before he didn't commit a crime of any kind,
    or even plan too.
    Just to be clear, when you say "crime" here you must mean something other than a crime as defined by laws that politicians made up. Right? Because, he has been arrested under suspicion of committing a crime by that definition.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    That's a nice pile of scratched up guns! And IIRC they said 15 of those were "illegal to possess in California", although perfectly legal to possess in America as a federally protected right.
    I have not heard about 15 of the firearms being illegal to possess in California but if he has an FFL, which apparently he does have, he is able to possess those firearms within California so long as he has a California Dangerous Weapons Permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    or even plan too.
    There's no way that anybody needs that many guns for 2nd amendment protected hunting purposes.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    There's no way that anybody needs that many guns for 2nd amendment protected hunting purposes.
    You're preaching to the choir. Strat is the guy who thinks suppressors should be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I have not heard about 15 of the firearms being illegal to possess in California but if he has an FFL, which apparently he does have, he is able to possess those firearms within California so long as he has a California Dangerous Weapons Permit.
    How much you want to bet they were legal when he acquired them and were grandfathered in before they were banned. But Ca has some idea that Ex Post Facto law is constitutional, they have passed all kinds of retroactive unconstitutional laws and no one is fighting against these like they should. And because no one is fighting them, this practice of passing Ex Post Facto law is spreading like a cancer across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    You're preaching to the choir. Strat is the guy who thinks suppressors should be banned.
    Lol , Texan is being sarcastic , as was I .

Shame you think the 2nd amendment was written to just protect hunters.

And when did you get you ccw ,,,,,,

lmao

: )

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    How much you want to bet they were legal when he acquired them and were grandfathered in before they were banned. But Ca has some idea that Ex Post Facto law is constitutional, they have passed all kinds of retroactive unconstitutional laws and no one is fighting against these like they should. And because no one is fighting them, this practice of passing Ex Post Facto law is spreading like a cancer across the country.
    ''You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ATruepatriot again.''

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast