Thread: Denver decriminalizes use and possession of psychedelic mushrooms

Denver decriminalizes use and possession of psychedelic mushrooms

BREAKING: Ordinance decriminalizing use and possession of psychedelic mushrooms in Denver, Colorado, appears to have passed; Denver would be the first city in the U.S. to take such an act – KDVR
    — News Breaking LIVE (@NewsBreaking) May 8, 2019
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Decriminalization might be better than legal.

legal means regulations, taxes.

Me rn

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Me rn

Sounds like you're planning a trip to Denver soon. Or have you already been there before?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Decriminalization might be better than legal.
    legal means regulations, taxes.
    Thats pretty much how I see it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Sounds like you're planning a trip to Denver soon. Or have you already been there before?
    I could go visit, I know some peeps. I did mushrooms last time I was there, on an off-trail backpacking trip in Rocky Mountain National Park.

I guess it would still be illegal there, not being in the city of Denver, but I don't think that is something they do a lot of enforcement on up there anyway.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I lived in the area for over 25 years.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I lived in the area for over 25 years.
    I lived in the Springs for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Decriminalization means fines for possession and jail time for selling it. I don't know about mushrooms, but I'm assuming you can grow them yourself? If that's the case, that will be jail time too. Is there something I am missing with the decriminalization vs legalization besides no taxes? Over regulation means the black market stays around, and states lose out on taxes. States have/are trying to adapt and curb their regulations to combat this to maximize tax revenue if I am not mistaken.
    Last edited by Grandmastersexsay; 05-09-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Decriminalization means fines for possession and jail time for selling it. I don't know about mushrooms, but I'm assuming you can grow them yourself? If that's the case, that will be jail time too. Is there something I am missing with the decriminalization vs legalization besides no taxes? Over regulation means the black market stays around, and states lose out on taxes. States have/are trying to adapt and curb their regulations to combat this to maximize tax revenue if I am not mistaken.
    I have heard different definitions of decriminalization so I guess you just have to check out the wording of the law in each case.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment