Thread: Thank You Big Government... 17,617,000 Americans Work for Government!

Thumbs up Thank You Big Government... 17,617,000 Americans Work for Government!

MAGA times are great for Big Government also. Ron Swanson be upset though.

17,617,000 Americans Work for Government!

Want to Make Money? Work for the Government

May 8, 2019

Which class of full-time, year-round American workers has the highest median earnings? Is it the class that works for private-sector employers? Is it the class that works for the government? Or is it the entrepreneurial class, who are self-employed?

According to the Census Bureau's Personal Income Table 07 (PINC-07), the competition isn't close. When it comes to making money in the modern United States of America, government workers win.

Related

Gundlach: Last year debt increased by 6+% of GDP

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Founders would be so proud of that number.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

How many private sector folks are actually working for .gov as contractors, e.g., Lockheed, Boeing, Raytheon, etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    How many private sector folks are actually working for .gov as contractors, e.g., Lockheed, Boeing, Raytheon, etc etc?
    Add in another 15 million I'll bet
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Wow, that would make almost a quarter of all US workforce to be working for big government.
    Luckily we have a massive debt ceiling but still.
    Yeah...I'm just guessing. Let me just say that I know that a VERY high percentage of people in the Military reserves have full time jobs in the contracting sector. Not to mention retirees. It's insane.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Government workers?

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is not ideal situation but to be devil's advocate it helped drive down unemployment rate and at the same time gives government massive intestinal fortitude to put government workers first.
    See that Chart Zippy put up about all the job growth during Obama's reign he was proud of? Most of the above came from that administration.

This is the plan... 50% of the population working for the government, the other 50% dependent on that government infrastructure.

It's Communistic and unsustainable in a real world.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics it's 22 million.

That number went slightly down during the Obama administration. But now under Trump it's going back up again and is at a near record high.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/USGOVT

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Add in another 15 million I'll bet

Don't forget to add in the ticks-n-leaches.....

Welfare and pensioners draw a check but usually aren't considered "workers"...

I'll bet there're greater than 50% who "draw a check" from the public coffers...

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post

That number went slightly down during the Obama administration. But now under Trump it's going back up again and is at a near record high.

On the other hand, federal, state and local government jobs, many of them creators of job-stifling red tape, grew by 1.8% in Obama’s last 26 months compared to 0.8% under Trump.

In fact, over the past 26 months, there were 168% more jobs in manufacturing created than in government, while during Obama’s last 26 months, there were 303% more government jobs created than in manufacturing. This was not sustainable. Government jobs don’t pay for themselves.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde...bamas-last-26/

Record low unemployment. There is no better time to start trimming the government payrolls.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Record low unemployment. There is no better time to start trimming the government payrolls.
    Can't fire them, only buy out or lay them off with full pay or retrain and reassign also at a cost. UNIONS. Once hired we are stuck with them for life.
    Last edited by ATruepatriot; 05-08-2019 at 12:19 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Can't fire them, only buy out or lay them off with full pay or retrain and reassign also at a cost. UNIONS. Once hired we are stuck with them for life.
    That is a huge problem. And there should be no public sector unions.

The private sector regularly has lay-offs. It’s one thing that the public sector needs to adopt from the private sector.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The private sector regularly has lay-offs. It’s one thing that the public sector needs to adopt from the private sector.
    Absolutely, But why? Unfortunately when there is an unlimited money supply what would the incentive be to do this? Until the endless money supply is addressed it will continue.

I have always joked that a good way to cure this is end depts one at a time and reassign them all to the tip of Alaska as iceberg counters. That's your job now take it or leave it. Don't like it then resign. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	govworkers.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	6413

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    See that Chart Zippy put up about all the job growth during Obama's reign he was proud of? Most of the above came from that administration.
    Zippy sometimes posts partisan data too. In this case, is there any bipartisan consensus that most of the jobs that some in media are crediting to MAGA came from Obama administration?

Some MAGA supporters might dispute that though if I'm reading it right.

Zippy sometimes posts partisan data too. In this case, is there any bipartisan consensus that most of the jobs that some in media are crediting to MAGA came from Obama administration?

Some MAGA supporters might dispute that though if I'm reading it right.
    From what I witnessed nothing the Obama economy did helped job numbers at all. What I saw was the unemployment numbers drop under Obama in his second term because recipients came to the end of their eligibility term and were kicked off unemployment. Obama dishonestly claimed this drop in recipients was because of job creation. And to be fair there may be a little of this unemployment recipient fuzzy math still affecting the current number of recipients. But overall, Jobs and the economy are indeed way up now compared to Obama, he almost killed this country and it did absolutely nothing for the private sector that would carry over that he can claim. At the end he created even more government jobs which never helps the economy. And whatever jobs he can claim to have saved came at the cost of bailouts and subsidies propping up unions.

About 17% of all full time labor is in the form of government jobs.

15% of total labor.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.