Thread: The Invaders - 1967 show about aliens sneaking into the country to take over

The Invaders - 1967 show about aliens sneaking into the country to take over

A retro TV station started airing re-runs of the show "The Invaders" on late Saturday nights.

I think this may be the first time the show has ever been re-aired, or at least it's the first time in about 50 years.

The first episode is called "Beachhead". Watching it, I could not stop thinking about the similarities to actions by the Chinese, the Saudis, etc., and the massive importation of foreign strangers - all this having been secretly contrived, planned and forced upon Americans by globalists seeking to obliterate the existing "us" and change what the country of America has been, and what it strives to be.

At the time the show was made in 1967, no one would have imagined that the crap taking place now, could ever possibly be allowed to occur. No one would've expected that at some point, most, if not all, of America's own elected officials would willingly plan to smother "us" - to obliterate existing Americans! - in order to create some dreamed-of utopia for a whole different set of beings! The script, production, acting, etc. of the show are not particularly special, but I found it almost shocking, to see TV characters permitted to behave honestly about the obvious immorality of obliterating a living people, so that their unique creation can be taken over by others who mostly don't even try to understand, or care about what made America different and desirable in the first place.

The incrementalism of arrogant politicians has truly been a cancer on America.
    Anyone watch this show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAmFgmTjzTs

Not positive, but I kind of thought I recalled a thread title about this show posted by someone else a while back, but the crummy search function turned up nothin. Sorry if there's already a thread I could've just bumped.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Invaders was a great show.

MeTV just started showing it on saturday nights.

One of the ways that you could spot an invader was their finger deformity.....

....it looked just like this:
    Last edited by sparebulb; 05-07-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Tonight on The Invaders......In Color:

David becomes a chauffeur to gain access to a space-age quisling. His employer: a power-hungry industrialist who sold out to the invaders. Vikor: Jack Lord. David: Roy Thinnes. Nexus: Alfred Ryder. Sherri: Diana Hyland

Never heard of the show but it looks interesting.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    A retro TV station started airing re-runs of the show "The Invaders" on late Saturday nights.

I think this may be the first time the show has ever been re-aired, or at least it's the first time in about 50 years.

The first episode is called "Beachhead". Watching it, I could not stop thinking about the similarities to actions by the Chinese, the Saudis, etc., and the massive importation of foreign strangers - all this having been secretly contrived, planned and forced upon Americans by globalists seeking to obliterate the existing "us" and change what the country of America has been, and what it strives to be.

At the time the show was made in 1967, no one would have imagined that the crap taking place now, could ever possibly be allowed to occur. No one would've expected that at some point, most, if not all, of America's own elected officials would willingly plan to smother "us" - to obliterate existing Americans! - in order to create some dreamed-of utopia for a whole different set of beings! The script, production, acting, etc. of the show are not particularly special, but I found it almost shocking, to see TV characters permitted to behave honestly about the obvious immorality of obliterating a living people, so that their unique creation can be taken over by others who mostly don't even try to understand, or care about what made America different and desirable in the first place.

The incrementalism of arrogant politicians has truly been a cancer on America.
    Anyone watch this show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAmFgmTjzTs

Not positive, but I kind of thought I recalled a thread title about this show posted by someone else a while back, but the crummy search function turned up nothin. Sorry if there's already a thread I could've just bumped.
    Very Important film, I hope all, especially @TheTexan sees this.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The Texican is probably one of them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The alien invaders are a metaphor. For the mexicans.

Maybe we can study this film. To discover how they can be stopped.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Interesting angle.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    -rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Never heard about this show.

The Jack Lord

Preacher Dan Akroyd gives a sermon at the Mainland Church of the Perfect Wave, from Mr. Mike's Mondo Video

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    -rep
    +rep
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

A school in New Mexico is really a front for an alien indoctrination center. The head of the school offers a pilot a lot of money to smuggle in its otherworldly students.

Special hot guest star: Susan Oliver

Trivia: Susan Oliver was quite the pilot. She even flew a solo Atlantic crossing back in the '60's in a single engine. Pretty gutsy back then.