Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 314

Thread: Thank you President Trump. The economy just keeps choogling along...

  1. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    LOL that about sums up his On the Record. Though it is really not LOL.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3)



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    LOL that about sums up his On the Record. Though it is really not LOL.
    In the rest of that, he said that if the US got into a recession, he would renegotiate US debt- "I would just give them half".

    In the other video he could not explain to Bill O'Reily just how he would get rid of the debt in eight years other than "it's easy!" He went into a spiel about growing the economy but Bill pointed out you would still have the debt unless you have more taxes to pay it down. Trump went back into "grow the economy".
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-01-2019 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  4. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    In the rest of that, he said that if the US got into a recession, he would renegotiate US debt- "I would just give them half".
    We should do that or default on it entirely, it's been the world's biggest case of identity theft for a long time now.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  5. #214
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  6. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Every time I see this post of mine I expect to see a slight downturn preyed upon by the Zippy Pin-Heads.
    But, every time I see a post showing the wonders of a Trump economy, fostered by a PRO-American business president.
    Chooglin' like a mo-fo.
    I'd get tired of winning if winning didn't feel so good. What about yourself?
    I don't care for the debt; but goddamn. we are booked over 6 months out and still new work is coming from every corner of the country every week and willing to wait for us. we raised our rates, because $#@! it.

  7. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trends which all began under Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  9. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trends which all began under Obama.
    LOL

    It's long past the point where you can claim that O'Bummer who had the Fed on his side is responsible for the current economy that Trump has achieved with the Fed fighting him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  10. #218
    Today's snap shot , wholesale gasoline 1.75 , copper 2.66 , West Texas Light Sweet Crude 53.95 , down eight and a half percent , Brent Crude 65.19 , One Yr Oil Forecast 62.00 , Gold 1432.40 , Dow , still over 26,500 , heating oil 1.85 , Nat Gas 2.20 . I bought gas in Indianapolis today for 2.50 . Still Chooglin' ( insert favorite Fogerty here )
    Do something Danke

  11. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

    It's long past the point where you can claim that O'Bummer who had the Fed on his side is responsible for the current economy that Trump has achieved with the Fed fighting him.
    That also began under Obama. The Fed started raising rates back up before Trump became president under Janet Yellen. The Fed should not make money supply decisions bases on what the president wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  12. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That also began under Obama. The Fed started raising rates back up before Trump became president under Janet Yellen. The Fed should not make money supply decisions bases on what the president wants.
    Right near the end they raised a little, that doesn't change anything.

    Trump is doing well on the economy considering what shape it was in when he was elected.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  13. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Right near the end they raised a little, that doesn't change anything.

    Trump is doing well on the economy considering what shape it was in when he was elected.
    Trump is doing the best he can to wreck it with his trade wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  14. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump is doing the best he can to wreck it with his trade wars.
    Nope, fighting back is helping repair it.

    If you slide the news off the current page again I can always post it again.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #223
    Some of my Fogerty favorites , Born on the Bayou , Bad Moon Rising , Green River , Run Through The Jungle , Fortunate Son ,I Put A Spell On You , Midnight Special , Keep On Chooglin' , It Came Out Of The Sky ,Travelin' Band , Walk On Water, Sweet Hitchhiker ........
    Do something Danke

  16. #224
    A cluster of economic reports just released confirm the continuing strength of the U.S. economy. This is especially impressive in light of the perceived global slowdown, including the economic powerhouses of Germany and China.
    Wednesday’s report from accounting firm ADP showed job growth across all sectors of the economy in July, as well as across all sizes of businesses. The goods-producing sector — mining, construction, and manufacturing — added 9,000 jobs last month, while the services sector — transportation, education, healthcare, and hospitality — gained 146,000 jobs. Small businesses (1-49 employees) hired 11,000 new people in July; medium-sized businesses (50-499 employees) added 67,000 workers; and large businesses (over 500 employees) brought on 78,000 people.
    This was in line with expectations and well above the estimated 100,000 new jobs needed to keep up with population growth.
    Thursday’s report from the Labor Department showing further declines in initial claims for unemployment insurance benefits confirmed the health of the labor market.

    This was expected as Fed Chairman Jerome Powell noted in his remarks following the board’s decision to cut the Fed Funds rate by one-quarter of one percent: “People who live and work in low-and middle-income communities tell us that many who have struggled to find work are now getting opportunities to add new and better chapters to their lives.”
    Indeed those “new and better chapters” are characterized by remarkable growth in real (inflation-adjusted) wages, as noted by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA): “Wages in the United States increased 5.48 percent in June 2019 over the same month in the previous year.” According to the BEA, wage growth has been increasing since last December, staying at or above five percent on an annualized basis since February. Put another way, a worker earning $20 an hour a year ago is now making $21 an hour. In addition, he is keeping most of it in his pocket as inflation remains benign, at well below two percent.
    Parsing the BEA report reveals another bright spot: Based on slightly different metrics, the number of employed workers increased by 247,000 last month, 91,000 higher than ADP’s report. Further the number employed full-time increased by 453,000 last month, while the number of part-time workers fell by 174,000. This confirms that not only are there more full-time workers, many part-time workers are being promoted to full-time status.
    All of which continues to be reflected in healthy consumer confidence, as reported by the University of Michigan’s index. It moved higher in July to 98.4 from July 2018’s 97.9, while its Index of Consumer Expectations jumped by 3.2 percent, from 87.3 in July a year ago to 90.1. Said Michigan’s chief economist Richard Curtin: “Consumer sentiment remained … at quite favorable levels since the start of 2017.”

    More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/econo...of-u-s-economy
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  18. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The Fed should not make money supply decisions bases on what the president wants.
    FIFY

    No, wait ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The Fed should not make money supply decisions bases on what the president wants.
    There! Even better ...


    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

    · tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

  19. #226
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  20. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A cluster of economic reports just released confirm the continuing strength of the U.S. economy. This is especially impressive in light of the perceived global slowdown, including the economic powerhouses of Germany and China.
    Wednesday’s report from accounting firm ADP showed job growth across all sectors of the economy in July, as well as across all sizes of businesses. The goods-producing sector — mining, construction, and manufacturing — added 9,000 jobs last month, while the services sector — transportation, education, healthcare, and hospitality — gained 146,000 jobs. Small businesses (1-49 employees) hired 11,000 new people in July; medium-sized businesses (50-499 employees) added 67,000 workers; and large businesses (over 500 employees) brought on 78,000 people.
    This was in line with expectations and well above the estimated 100,000 new jobs needed to keep up with population growth.
    Thursday’s report from the Labor Department showing further declines in initial claims for unemployment insurance benefits confirmed the health of the labor market.

    This was expected as Fed Chairman Jerome Powell noted in his remarks following the board’s decision to cut the Fed Funds rate by one-quarter of one percent: “People who live and work in low-and middle-income communities tell us that many who have struggled to find work are now getting opportunities to add new and better chapters to their lives.”
    Indeed those “new and better chapters” are characterized by remarkable growth in real (inflation-adjusted) wages, as noted by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA): “Wages in the United States increased 5.48 percent in June 2019 over the same month in the previous year.” According to the BEA, wage growth has been increasing since last December, staying at or above five percent on an annualized basis since February. Put another way, a worker earning $20 an hour a year ago is now making $21 an hour. In addition, he is keeping most of it in his pocket as inflation remains benign, at well below two percent.
    Parsing the BEA report reveals another bright spot: Based on slightly different metrics, the number of employed workers increased by 247,000 last month, 91,000 higher than ADP’s report. Further the number employed full-time increased by 453,000 last month, while the number of part-time workers fell by 174,000. This confirms that not only are there more full-time workers, many part-time workers are being promoted to full-time status.
    All of which continues to be reflected in healthy consumer confidence, as reported by the University of Michigan’s index. It moved higher in July to 98.4 from July 2018’s 97.9, while its Index of Consumer Expectations jumped by 3.2 percent, from 87.3 in July a year ago to 90.1. Said Michigan’s chief economist Richard Curtin: “Consumer sentiment remained … at quite favorable levels since the start of 2017.”

    More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/econo...of-u-s-economy
    That's a whole lotta hiring to not be producing, Zip. Guess companies just love to give out money. Lol.

  21. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That was actually Trump's hated WTO who negotiated that one.

    The quota was set a decade ago to settle a transatlantic dispute over an EU ban on meat from cattle that were raised with growth hormones. World Trade Organization rules required the volumes be made available to other nations that export beef, and Australia, Argentina and Uruguay gradually replaced the U.S. as the largest suppliers.

    The tonnages involved are relatively small, with the maximum level of the quota representing just 2.6% of U.S. beef exported in 2018. Still, the move could add to tailwinds for U.S. beef exports, a relative bright spot for American agriculture, which has been battered by trade disputes with China and elsewhere. The value of U.S. beef exports in 2018 reached a record $8.4 billion, Department of Agriculture data show.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ouse-on-friday
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  22. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That was actually Trump's hated WTO who negotiated that one.



    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ouse-on-friday
    Broken clocks are right once in awhile.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  23. #230
    I worked ten hours this week at my part time retirement job , five ea day for 1117.04 . Gotta take Mrs O out for Sun lunch , she is high maint. . Gold is 1440 . Keep on Chooglin'
    Do something Danke

  24. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I worked ten hours this week at my part time retirement job , five ea day for 1117.04 . Gotta take Mrs O out for Sun lunch , she is high maint. . Gold is 1440 . Keep on Chooglin'
    Pretty damn good. Be careful that these side jobs don't dip into your S.S. and spend more time with the missus. Or plinking.

  25. #232
    Disappointed in today's Drudge headline as it seems to paint MAGA's economy as artificially propped up sugar high bubble boom.
    This is nothing like big spending/Fed stimulated Bush economy before the 2008-09 economic bubble burst, MAGA is more fiscally responsible than Bush.




  26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  27. #233
    Job seekers have the upper hand in today’s labor market — so much so that employers are beginning to be more flexible in order to bring on new talent.
    In the last year, nearly 40% of companies have eased their job requirements in order to fill vacant roles, according to a new survey from Adecco USA. The recruiting and staffing firm for temporary workers asked over 500 hiring managers about what efforts they’re using to widen their candidate pools. About half of respondents represented employers in manufacturing, industrial, call center or transportation fields, while the remaining respondents came from all other industries.
    What requirements are employers willing to budge on most? According to the survey, hiring managers are more likely to give leeway when it comes to previous related experience. Instead, 78% of companies will consider applicants with transferable skills that could lend to train-ability in the new job, rather than them having to fit the description exactly.
    “To compete in today’s tight labor market, employers across industries are becoming more flexible with their job requirements,” said Amy Glaser, senior vice president of Adecco USA, in a release. “In many cases employers are bringing in talent that may not have all the skills needed and then upskilling or training candidates to complete job-specific tasks.”
    Employers surveyed were most willing to be flexible when it came to:

    • Lowering years of experience (62%)
    • Speeding up the hiring process (52%)
    • Reducing education requirements (50%)
    • Stopping drug testing candidates (21%)
    • Stopping background checks (16%)

    The report supports other industry numbers that suggest employers are willing to reframe expectations in order to attract more applicants to an open position. According to a separate survey, 84% of HR managers say their company is willing to hire an employee whose skills don’t exactly match those reflected in the job description but can be developed through training. On the flip side, 62% of candidates who applied for a job they felt under-qualified still landed an offer.
    These are just more examples of a strong job market in which workers have the advantage, whether they’re quitting in record numbers or “ghosting” opportunities that don’t meet their own expectations. Timing around the hiring process also plays a significant role: 70% of job seekers will lose interest in a role if they don’t hear back from the employer within a week of their first interview.

    More at: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/21/near...e-workers.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  28. #234
    Still Chooglin' . Gold 1537.60 , silver 18.22 , Dow 25,778 , one yr oil forecast 63.00 , Nat Gas 2.20 , West Texas Light sweet Crude 54.93 , Brent Crude 59.51 , wholesale gasoline 1.65 , copper 2.54 , heating oil 1.82 , Palladium 1464.00 , Rhodium 3950.00 , Chooglin.
    Do something Danke

  29. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

    It's long past the point where you can claim that O'Bummer who had the Fed on his side is responsible for the current economy that Trump has achieved with the Fed fighting him.
    The Trump vs Fed "fight" is scripted as a cover story for changes the bankers/CFR that fill Trump's cabinet have been planning for years. Particularly the dollar being dropped as global reserve currency and the effects that has on American consumers and how the Fed's role in monetary policy is changing. Perhaps Trump is ignorant of the bigger picture and is being manipulated but that doesn't really matter.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  30. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The Trump vs Fed "fight" is scripted as a cover story for changes the bankers/CFR that fill Trump's cabinet have been planning for years. Particularly the dollar being dropped as global reserve currency and the effects that has on American consumers and how the Fed's role in monetary policy is changing. Perhaps Trump is ignorant of the bigger picture and is being manipulated but that doesn't really matter.
    What do you think would replace the dollar as the main global reserve currency? Euros? The British Pound? Chinese yuan? Russian rubles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  31. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What do you think would replace the dollar as the main global reserve currency? Euros? The British Pound? Chinese yuan? Russian rubles?
    Cowrie shells.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

  32. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What do you think would replace the dollar as the main global reserve currency? Euros? The British Pound? Chinese yuan? Russian rubles?
    I am currently accepting the remainder of this week silver , gold , ammo , wampum , hides , gasoline , nails , fish hooks , lead , platinum , rhodium , palladium , wheat cents at twice face value and copper .
    Do something Danke

  33. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What do you think would replace the dollar as the main global reserve currency? Euros? The British Pound? Chinese yuan? Russian rubles?
    How many times have I answered that question for you over our years together on RPF, Zippy? 200? 300? 500?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  34. #240
    The public continues to hear or read that President Trump's trade policies are hurting the U.S. economy and destroying our relationship with the world and hurting the U.S. consumer. They say the tariffs are especially harmful and causing price increases. I am having trouble finding factual data that support those talking points. Why do we see general statements in the media instead of the actual data?

    Here are some of the data:
    In 2016, the last year of President Obama, exports were $1.45 trillion, and imports were $2.19 trillion.
    In 2017, the first year of President Trump, exports were $1.55 trillion (up around 7%), and imports were $2.4 trillion (up around 10%).
    In 2018, exports were $1.67 trillion (up around 8%, or up 15% over 2016). Imports were $2.54 trillion (up around 6%, up 16% over 2016).
    In 2019, the first six months show around an $8-billion decrease in exports, or down less than 1%, and imports are up around $3 billion, or up less than 0.25%.
    On August 14, the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed that from July 2018 to July 2019, import prices were down 1.8%, and export prices were down 0.9%
    So which economic statistic shows that Trump's policies have hurt our relationship with trading partners around the world? Which statistics show that the U.S. consumer has been hurt? Think how much Trump's energy policies have helped the U.S. consumer.
    The truth is, the U.S. economy is doing much better than most of the world and much better than projected precisely because of Trump's tax and regulatory policies. Trump is right that China and other countries have gotten away with murder on trade for decades, and Trump is dealing with it after previous presidents and Congress looked the other way. The media, in their reporting, act as though there were no tariffs prior to Trump, and that is an intentional attempt to mislead the public.

    Does anyone think China would have stopped at taking manufacturing jobs instead of going after service jobs as well? The U.S. becomes vulnerable to enemies if we let them control such a high percentage of our manufacturing.

    More at: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...e_economy.html

    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Letter Outgoing President Obama left for Incoming President Trump
    By Zippyjuan in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2017, 08:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2017, 07:43 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-27-2017, 02:38 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
  5. New Year, new president won't help economy
    By dr. hfn in forum Letters to the Editor
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 01:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •