Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you President Trump. The economy just keeps choogling along...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#67cc30708caa

Trump Is Falling Almost 1 Million Jobs Short Vs. Obama

The U.S. Bureau of Labor announced that the economy added 224,000 jobs in June vs. expectations of 160,000 and May’s revised result of 72,000. The 224,000 is still strong, but there were revisions to April and May that subtracted 11,000 people hired in those months and government employment added 33,000. Overall private payrolls added 191,000 employees.

The stock markets are reacting negatively due to the jobs number being stronger than expected since investors are lowering their expectations that the Fed will cut interest rates by 50 basis points later this month. A 25 basis point downward move is still being priced into the market, but that may wind up being optimistic due to the strong report.

Over 29 months Obama added almost 1 million more jobs than Trump

Trump entered office on January 20, 2017, and starting with February 2017 he has been President for 29 months. Total job growth during that time has been 5.613 million or 194,000 per month with those results being helped by the tax cut.

Working back from January 2017, Obama’s last month in office, there had been 6.423 million jobs added or 221,000 per month. The difference for the 29 months is 810,000 more jobs or 27,000 more per month than Trump.

Note that back in January this year the total difference was only 194,000, which means over the past five months it has increased by 616,000. And looking at the next six months with Obama’s job numbers of 188,000 to 327,000 per month, the gap should only increase and cross 1 million.

Job growth is slowing down

To help smooth out any one months result it is worthwhile to look at 3, 6 and 12-month trailing numbers. You can see the slowdown in the number of jobs being added when you look at these averages.

12 month per month average of 192,000 equals 2.3 million per year (and the second month in a row it has been under 200,000 per month)
    6 month per month average of 172,000 equals 2.07 million per year
    3 month per month average of 171,000 equals 2.05 million per year
    more at link.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Financial team.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The Fed is throttling the economy instead of pouring gasoline on it and Trump is growing real jobs instead of government.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The Fed is throttling the economy instead of pouring gasoline on it and Trump is growing real jobs instead of government.
    33,000 of last month's jobs added were government jobs. Trump isn't creating those jobs-unless he is directly hiring those people.

government employment added 33,000. Overall private payrolls added 191,000 employees.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What does "pouring gasoline on it" mean?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Financial team.

uh-huh

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    What does "pouring gasoline on it" mean?
    Handing out free money to fan the flames and create fake growth.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Handing out free money to fan the flames and create fake growth.
    And when Trump advocates for as much I assume you disagree?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    And when Trump advocates for as much I assume you disagree?
    Yes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

U.S. manufacturing output accelerated in June, climbing for the second straight month, thanks in large part to increased production of motor vehicles and parts.The Federal Reserve said Tuesday manufacturing production rose 0.4% last month, above the 0.2% expected by analysts in a Reuters poll.
    The June numbers were stronger than the 0.2% growth seen in May, which had been the first growth of 2019 after several months of manufacturing declines or unchanged conditions.
    The data could ease lingering concerns about the strength of the U.S. factory sector in the face of a slowing global economy. The June gains were the largest for the sector since December.

Gains in manufacturing as well as mining, which was up 0.2% in June, offset a 3.6% decline in output by utilities, as milder summer temperatures reduced the need for air conditioning.
    Capacity utilization for the manufacturing sector, a measure of how fully firms are using their resources, also climbed to 75.9% in June from 75.6% in May.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/u-manufacturi...140738398.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

U.S. manufacturing output accelerated in June, climbing for the second straight month, thanks in large part to increased production of motor vehicles and parts.The Federal Reserve said Tuesday manufacturing production rose 0.4% last month, above the 0.2% expected by analysts in a Reuters poll.
    The June numbers were stronger than the 0.2% growth seen in May, which had been the first growth of 2019 after several months of manufacturing declines or unchanged conditions.
    The data could ease lingering concerns about the strength of the U.S. factory sector in the face of a slowing global economy. The June gains were the largest for the sector since December.

Gains in manufacturing as well as mining, which was up 0.2% in June, offset a 3.6% decline in output by utilities, as milder summer temperatures reduced the need for air conditioning.
    Capacity utilization for the manufacturing sector, a measure of how fully firms are using their resources, also climbed to 75.9% in June from 75.6% in May.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/u-manufacturi...140738398.html
    Every time I see this post of mine I expect to see a slight downturn preyed upon by the Zippy Pin-Heads.

But, every time I see a post showing the wonders of a Trump economy, fostered by a PRO-American business president.

Chooglin' like a mo-fo.

I'd get tired of winning if winning didn't feel so good. What about yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Every time I see this post of mine I expect to see a slight downturn preyed upon by the Zippy Pin-Heads.

But, every time I see a post showing the wonders of a Trump economy, fostered by a PRO-American business president.

Chooglin' like a mo-fo.

I'd get tired of winning if winning didn't feel so good. What about yourself?
    I'll never get tired of winning:

It's not all bunnies and sunlight but the economy never travels a smooth path and things are better than they are worse and far better than the haters keep predicting.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Contrary to what you may read elsewhere, the U.S. economy did not slump in the second quarter of the year.

True, real gross domestic product slowed to a 2.1% annual pace from 3.1% in the first quarter, but as I’ve reported before, GDP is a poor measure of the economy’s health over the short or medium term. It’s distorted by accounting entries that can sometimes make good news seem bad.

That’s what happened last quarter: The good news was hidden. Much of the slowdown in GDP in the second quarter stemmed from businesses prudently drawing down their inventories of unsold goods in face of a slowing global economy.
    This inventory factor subtracted nearly 1 percentage point from growth, but it should be seen as a positive that businesses don’t have a lot of inventories piling up. Fewer inventories now mean fewer layoffs later when sales moderate. Too many recessions have resulted from an overbuild of inventories.

Where it really counts — what Americans bought and sold — the report released Friday by the Bureau of Economic Analysis showed a slight improvement over the first quarter.
    Final sales to domestic purchasers — the best measure of demand within the United States — rose at a 3.5% annual pace in the spring, the best growth in a year.
    Consumers were particularly exuberant: Consumer spending increased at a 4.3% annual pace, the most in six quarters. Spending on goods, such as autos, clothing and food, increased at a 8.3% pace, the fastest growth since 2006, when homeowners were buying SUVs with their home-equity loans.

(Fortunately, most consumers are keeping their debts at manageable levels nowadays.)

More at: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...ear-2019-07-26

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Anything greater than 2 is really better than expected pretty much since 2000 and especially since the crash in 08 . Govt has long interfered to the point where it is difficult for business to overcome it for at least two decades. What you are seeing now is Americans working hard which is a good thing .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Anything greater than 2 is really better than expected pretty much since 2000 and especially since the crash in 08 . Govt has long interfered to the point where it is difficult for business to overcome it for at least two decades. What you are seeing now is Americans working hard which is a good thing .
    When the population is growing at less than one percent a year (0.7%) , 2.1% economic growth is actually pretty good- three times the population growth rate.

Good thing we have record deficit spending and complete suspension of debt limits again to ensure the number still appears to be in positive territory.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Ah, I see you didn’t bother reading this either:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ca-Broke-Again

Big-huge-government-statists usually don’t like data like that ;-)

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Ah, I see you didn’t bother reading this either:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ca-Broke-Again

Big-huge-government-statists usually don’t like data like that ;-)
    The turn around of the economy is just starting, O'Bummer ran huge deficits and the American public lost ground.

I don't like deficits but Trump is doing lots of other things that are helping the economy and hopefully he will cut the deficit when we take back the House.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The turn around of the economy is just starting, O'Bummer ran huge deficits and the American public lost ground.

I don't like deficits but Trump is doing lots of other things that are helping the economy and hopefully he will cut the deficit when we take back the House.
    LOL. It is so difficult for you to read and absorb facts and data.

I am sure you no longer believe in the Tooth Fairy. Do you still believe in Santa Clause?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    LOL. It is so difficult for you to read and absorb facts and data.

I am sure you no longer believe in the Tooth Fairy. Do you still believe in Santa Clause?
    You are the one in denial.
    As usual.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are the one in denial.
    As usual.
    About the Tooth Fairy or Santa? Or both???

Don't count on it. He was praising that bill which increased the deficit and got rid of the debt ceiling for the next two years. Trump loves debt.

Go for it Republicans, there is always plenty of time to CUT!

He has previously said tariffs would get rid of the debt. He also said he would get rid of the debt by the time he leaves office. Instead it is getting bigger.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-01-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Don't count on it. He was praising that bill which increased the deficit and got rid of the debt ceiling for the next two years. Trump loves debt.

He has previously said tariffs would get rid of the debt. He also said he would get rid of the debt by the time he leaves office. Instead it is getting bigger.
    President Trump tells aides to look for big spending cuts in second-term

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...report-2018-12

Trump is reportedly not worried about a massive US debt crisis as he'll be out of office by then

President Donald Trump is said to not be worried about setting the US up for a massive debt crisis because he doesn't think it'll erupt until after he leaves office.

Sources close to the presidency told The Daily Beast that Trump had repeatedly shrugged off any concerns about the rising national debt because it was projected to come to a head only after he would finish a second term.

During a 2017 briefing with senior officials, Trump responded to a presentation of charts and graphics by saying, "Yeah, but I won't be here," according to a source The Daily Beast said witnessed the comment.

US debt sits at about $21 trillion, and in a few years the US could be paying more in interest on that debt than on the military or on Medicare.
    Thank you, Mr. President! And our children thank you and their children thank you!

It is always later. After the next election.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...report-2018-12

Thank you, Mr. President! And our children thank you and their children thank you!
    According to anonymous sources.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-01-2019 at 07:41 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Economic numbers are fake. Unless they are Trump's. "These are phony numbers put up to make politicians look good."

"At $24 trillion we become Greece!" We are well on our way. We could be there by the end of 2020. Only $1.5 trillion to go and we are running about $1 trillion a year in deficits now.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-01-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Economic numbers are fake. Unless they are Trump's. "These are phony numbers put up to make politicians look good."
    They also manipulate numbers to make people look bad that they want to get rid of.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast