Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you President Trump. The economy just keeps choogling along...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you President Trump. The economy just keeps choogling along...

Lowest unemployment rate since man first walked on the moon!
    Lowest unemployment for women since 1953!
    Lowest unemployment rate for those without a Bachelors degree in 19 yrs!
    Hispanic unemployment the lowest since 1973!
    Record low unemployment for Asians!
    Lowest unemployment for Irag and Afghanistan Vets, ever!
    Median income rises 3.2% to $27.77/hr!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...MThbEUeszZT9Hx

But, wait, there's moar.....

U.S. Steel, after losing $1.5 billion in 2015 under Obama, is reinvesting it's profits since President Trump's steel tariffs.
    To the tune of $1.1 billion.

Nucor Corp., the country’s largest steelmaker and an mini-mill producer, announced a new $1.4 billion mill in the Midwest to produce 1.2 million tons each year.

Steel Dynamics, a producer based in Fort Wayne, Ind., plans to build a $1.8 billion mill with an electric arc furnace in the Southwest.

JSW USA is spending $1 billion to revive a mill in Texas and restart a former Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel mill in Mingo Junction, Ohio.

Those jobs Obama said were never coming back? Well, they are.

Thank you Mr. President!!

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...xnOe_DfN9fn5nE

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

U.S. Steel, after losing $1.5 billion in 2015 under Obama, is reinvesting it's profits since President Trump's steel tariffs.

Nucor Corp., the country’s largest steelmaker and an mini-mill producer, announced a new $1.4 billion mill in the Midwest to produce 1.2 million tons each year.

Steel Dynamics, a producer based in Fort Wayne, Ind., plans to build a $1.8 billion mill with an electric arc furnace in the Southwest.

JSW USA is spending $1 billion to revive a mill in Texas and restart a former Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel mill in Mingo Junction, Ohio.

Orange Men BAD!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Lol. That's pretty much what I'm getting for posting this on FascistBook. All the "Never Trumpers" are telling me there will be a recession, like, Monday, and it will all come tumbling down. Even though they have been telling me that since his engineering of the economic upswing since he took office. Once you open up the workforce, and those that formerly received a check for doing nothing, and now receive a check for working, and find government TAKES from them, you create...conservatives.
    The Fed Reserve is holding it's hand right now. There are no signals of inflation. They are neither upping the ante or folding.
    If this can continue into 2020 there will be a second term.

All the "Never Trumpers" are telling me there will be a recession, like, Monday, and it will all come tumbling down. Even though they have been telling me that since his engineering of the economic upswing since he took office
    Isn't that what Ron Paul also says?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I think that prediction harms Ron Paul's credibility. The more you predict something that does not happen the less credible you become. I do not think there will be a recession until the deep state wants one.

Ron Paul says a lot of things.

I know a couple of very "well off" folks who were utterly ruined because they took Ron's pronouncements on gold, monetary collapse and futures as gospel truth.
    That wasn't supposed to be a short-term strategy. If they were old and about to retire, then that might have hurt them if they threw everything into it.. but otherwise if they were that well off, they should have a lot of physical metals that will very likely provide great benefit at some point.. even if they bought it at a relatively high price point.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul says a lot of things.

I know a couple of very "well off" folks who were utterly ruined because they took Ron's pronouncements on gold, monetary collapse and futures as gospel truth.
    When I was working I always advised the youngsters to do what I did , put in your 6 percent or whatever to get the company match ( the free money ) and buy some gold , silver land and guns. That way your covered in every direction.
    Do something Danke

For decades now.

Do you also give credit to Obama for the economic improvement while he was president? It fell by more than half- a high of ten percent to 4.7% when he left office?
    Hispanic unemployment from 13% to 5.7%?
    Women's unemployment from 8.7% to 4.7%?
    Jobs (non-farm payroll) went from a low of 130 million to 145 million- 15 million jobs added?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-04-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Do you also give credit to Obama for the economic improvement while he was president? It fell by more than half- a high of ten percent to 4.7% when he left office?
    Speak of the NPC and he appears.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If there's one thing I know about the economy, it's that the president (R or D) is 100% responsible. I bet if the presidency didn't have those other branches, much less the private sector, the economic numbers posted would be off the charts!
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

If there's one thing I know about the economy, it's that the president (R or D) is 100% responsible. I bet if the presidency didn't have those other branches, much less the private sector, the economic numbers posted would be off the charts!
    This is true. If the economy moves up or down, it's almost 100% attributable to the actions of the President.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Jobs (non-farm payroll) went from a low of 130 million to 145 million- 15 million jobs added?
    "Some jobs aren't coming back."

"Some jobs aren't coming back."

That $billion investment will be replacing a couple of other facilities and be more automated- requiring fewer workers once the upgrade is complete.

https://www.industryweek.com/leaders...n-valley-works

Described by the company as state-of-the-art technology, the endless casting and rolling technology combines thin slab casting and hot rolled band production into one continuous process. The new facility will replace existing traditional slab caster and hot strip mill facilities at the Mon Valley Works.

U.S. Steel said the technology upgrade would, among other benefits, increase the steelmaker's ability to serve new markets and improve environmental performance. Mon Valley Works also would become the primary source for the substrate for production of U.S. Steel's advanced high strength steel. The new investment will not increase the company's steelmaking capacity.
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That $billion investment will be replacing a couple of other facilities and be more automated- requiring fewer workers once the upgrade is complete.

https://www.industryweek.com/leaders...n-valley-works
    And the coke coal, limestone, and iron ore workers? The increased job in these industries, the spending of wages in these local communities and the jobs created by it? Lol. Zip, everything is a news article and it's "bolding" without understanding that business is not a microcosm.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 05-04-2019 at 08:27 PM.

And the coke coal, limestone, and iron ore workers? Lol. Zip, everything is a news article and it's "bolding" without understanding that business is not a micro-cosm.
    The article says they will not be increasing their maximum output so the impact on industries they get their inputs from will be zero. It will create more jobs during the construction period for those workers.

Any economic growth that actually took place and was not smoke and mirrors was in spite of his anti-economic policies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Which one is zippy?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Dont forget the food stamp roll increases and fines of the poor who could not afford health insurance .
    Do something Danke

That's just because employers ceased hiring as many white men.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    That's just because employers ceased hiring as many white men.
    During the same time, white male unemployment went from 9.6% to 3.9%. They did better than anybody else.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS14000028

Bold leadership leveraging his succesful business experience, big deficit spending paying dividends since raising debt limit. His bold managment of his businesses had also created jobs boom during early years of debt spending boost, hopefully national creditorss won't create the fuss like his business creditors did and allow critics to call it a 'sugar high' boom down the road.

Thanks are also due to Deep State for not allowing Mueller to stop MAGA POTUS from continuing with America-First agenda

Thank You Deep State !

Dems in the past had claimed that Wall Street and economy does better under Dems (Wall St bankers tend to have close ties to Dems) but in this case Dems can't take credit as Trump these days identifies as a Republican:

President Clinton created more jobs than any other administration

In 1993, President Clinton and Vice President Gore launched their economic strategy: (1) establishing fiscal discipline, eliminating the budget deficit, keeping interest rates low, and spurring private-sector investment; (2) investing in people through education, training, science, and research; and (3) opening foreign markets so American workers can compete abroad. After eight years, the results of President Clinton's economic leadership are clear. Record budget deficits have become record surpluses, 22 million new jobs have been created, unemployment and core inflation are at their lowest levels in more than 30 years, and America is in the midst of the longest economic expansion in our history.

President Clinton's Record on the Economy:

• Strong Economic Growth: Since President Clinton and Vice President Gore took office, economic growth has averaged 4.0 percent per year, compared to average growth of 2.8 percent during the Reagan-Bush years. The economy has grown for 116 consecutive months, the most in history.

https://clintonwhitehouse5.archives....tyears-03.html

Related

Poll: Do you believe economic data is manipulated for political agenda?

19 times Trump called jobs numbers ‘fake’

Not so long ago, however, Trump's view of the monthly jobs report, which comes courtesy of the nonpartisan federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, was markedly different. As recently as December, he described the report as “totally fiction.”

No proof that government economic stats are fakenews , "phony" or a "hoax"

Trump once said government economic stats were ‘phony.’ Democrats increasingly agree.
    For years some Republicans have been suspicious that official government statistics are fake. Then-presidential candidate Donald Trump fanned these flames, calling the low unemployment rate under Barack Obama “phony” and a “hoax.”

Interestingly, YouGov also asked a related question, about whether government statistics were “reliable and accurate.” When phrased this way, Democrats today place more faith in the data than Republicans do. Perhaps this “reliable and accurate” phrasing plays more to respondents’ perceptions of government competence and precision, rather than suspicions that the feds are deliberately manipulating the numbers for political gain.

Thank You Big Government... 17,617,000 Americans Work for Government!

The US economy is coming down from a sugar high. How bad will the headache be?

March 28, 2019

Revisions to fourth-quarter GDP announced today show the US economy grew by only 2.2% in the quarter, down from the previous estimate of 2.6%. That revision pulled down the year-over-year rate, too. It now turns out that the US economy expanded only 2.9% in 2018.

https://qz.com/1583024/us-gdp-growth...igh-wears-off/

How Trump has made both the trade and budget deficits worse

Published: Mar 7, 2019

Bloomberg News
    More is coming in than going out, according to the latest trade data.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-trump-has-made-both-the-trade-and-budget-deficits-worse-2019-03-06

Jan 18, 2019
    Trump's Big "Win": The Largest Budget Deficit With A Strong Economy

Trump will break the record
    When you take into account how the economy is doing it shows that President Trump’s budget deficits as a percentage of GDP will exceed any other President’s during a time of economic expansion. From the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget or CFRB, the chart’s blue line shows the deficit as a percentage of GDP. At the projected 4.6% for fiscal 2019 it will the be largest in a non-recession year and is expected to stay above this level in the future.
    And the red line shows that it will only be worse if the 2017 tax cuts that are scheduled to expire for individuals and the increased 2018 discretionary spending caps are extended.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo...strong-economy

Bold leadership leveraging his succesful business experience, big deficit spending paying dividends since raising debt limit. His bold managment of his businesses had also created jobs boom during early years of debt spending boost, hopefully national creditorss won't create the fuss like his business creditors did and allow critics to call it a 'sugar high' boom down the road.

Thanks are also due to Deep State for not allowing Mueller to stop MAGA POTUS from continuing with America-First agenda

Thank You Deep State !

Poll: Do you believe economic data is manipulated for political agenda?

19 times Trump called jobs numbers ‘fake’

The US economy is coming down from a sugar high. How bad will the headache be?
    March 28, 2019
    https://qz.com/1583024/us-gdp-growth...igh-wears-off/

Coincidence that Deep State suddenly leaked this MAGA biz mgmt detail to media in the middle of this debate on his spending debt handling?
    Top headline on nbcnews now.

Trump tax returns from 1985-1994 reportedly show $1 billion in losses

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Coincidence that Deep State suddenly leaked this MAGA biz mgmt detail to media in the middle of this debate on his spending debt handling?
    Top headline on nbcnews now.

Trump tax returns from 1985-1994 reportedly show $1 billion in losses
    Another nothing burger:

Every year from 1985 through 1994, according to leaked tax returns obtained by The New York Times, Donald J. Trump reported a negative adjusted gross income on his tax returns. That number grew as new losses were combined with those from prior years. The New York Times previously found that Mr. Trump declared an adjusted gross income in 1995 of negative $915.7 million.

The figures, according to the Times, show that the losses contradict the image that Trump promoted of himself as an adept and successful New York real estate developer.
    Or do they show an adept real estate developer following the tax law's depreciation guidelines to minimize his tax liabilities like every good shepherd of capital should?
    “I love depreciation,” Mr. Trump said during a presidential debate in 2016.
    As NYT openly admits:
    Some fraction of that ocean of red ink represented depreciation on Mr. Trump’s real estate. One of the most valuable special benefits in the tax code, depreciation lets owners of commercial real estate write down the cost of their buildings.
    The Times still gloats:
    Over all, Mr. Trump lost so much money that he was able to avoid paying income taxes for eight of the 10 years. It is not known whether the I.R.S. later required changes after audits.
    The newly-leaked documents, reportedly confirm the details that were leaked in October 2018, where the NYT accused President Trump of participating in "questionable" and "dubious" tax strategies "including instances of outright fraud" that greatly increased the fortune he received from his parents and allowed him to accrue millions of dollars in additional wealth from his father's real estate empire "much of it through tax dodges in the 1990s."
    As one of the authors, NYT reporter Susanne Craig explained at the time, she and Russ Buettner, David Barstow "got our hands on a massive trove of confidential docs - including 200 tax returns - from Fred Trump’s empire. We found Donald Trump received hundreds of millions from his dad, some of it via fraudulent tax schemes."
    But, as NYT reports, several weeks ago, a senior official issued a statement saying:
    “The president got massive depreciation and tax shelter because of large-scale construction and subsidized developments. That is why the president has always scoffed at the tax system and said you need to change the tax laws. You can make a large income and not have to pay large amount of taxes.”
    On Saturday, after further inquiries from The Times, a lawyer for the president, Charles J. Harder, wrote that the tax information was “demonstrably false,” and that the paper’s statements “about the president’s tax returns and business from 30 years ago are highly inaccurate.”
    He cited no specific errors, but on Tuesday added that “I.R.S. transcripts, particularly before the days of electronic filing, are notoriously inaccurate” and “would not be able to provide a reasonable picture of any taxpayer’s return.”
    The Times then dangles this open-ended accusatory paragraph:
    The new tax information does not answer questions raised by House Democrats in their pursuit of the last six years of Mr. Trump’s tax returns — about his recent business dealings and possible foreign sources of financing and influence. Nor does it offer a fundamentally new narrative of his picaresque career.
    And the biggest question, of course is simple - was it illegal?

No!

As the NYT itself admitted after receiving Trump's 1995 tax return form's front-page in October 2016, there was nothing illegal about using such a manoeuvre:

The world's rich take advantage of NOL tax planning all the time, and in fact acquiring corporations for their NOL benefit has long been a strategy in corporate America designed to minimize Federal and State tax outflows.
    The tax experts consulted by The Times said nothing in the 1995 documents suggested any wrongdoing by Mr. Trump, even if the extraordinary size of the loss he declared would have probably attracted extra scrutiny from I.R.S. examiners.
    “The I.R.S., when they see a negative $916 million, that has to pop out,” Mr. Rosenfeld said.

So why is it a big deal? To make him seem like he avoids taxes? Well, if any other American could do so legally, wouldn't they?
    Finally, even the NYTimes admits the ten years of tax returns cover a period of dramatic recession, stock market crash, and real estate collapse, so, as one Twitter wit suggested (@pharaohfire):
    "Trump only lost 1 Billion in the worst Real Estate recession in US history outside the Great Depression. To me that’s #winning"
    At his nadir, in the post-recession autumn of 1991, Mr. Trump testified before a congressional task force, calling for changes in the tax code to benefit his industry.
    “The real estate business — we’re in an absolute depression,” Mr. Trump told the lawmakers, adding:
    “I see no sign of any kind of upturn at all. There is no incentive to invest. Everyone is doing badly, everyone.”
    “90% of all millionaires become so through owning real estate. More money has been made in real estate than in all industrial investments combined. The wise young man or wage earner of today invests his money in real estate.” -Andrew Carnegie

And one last point for your consideration:

• AMZN market cap: $945BN
    • Taxes paid in 2018: negative $129MM

While The Times did not obtain the president’s actual tax returns, it received the information contained in the returns from someone who had legal access to it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...85-1994-decade

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I suppose that someone else (or perhaps myself) has made this point in this thread, but it bears repeating:

The Trump economy is a continuation of the Obama economy and, in both cases, it's a question of growth in spite (not because) of state activity.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I suppose that someone else (or perhaps myself) has made this point in this thread, but it bears repeating:

The Trump economy is a continuation of the Obama economy and, in both cases, it's a question of growth in spite (not because) of state activity.
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast