Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abolishing Cash: The Next Frontier

Abolishing Cash: The Next Frontier

https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/1124367681946292225

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The War on Cash Is A War on Liberty -- Let's Stop It!

Authoritarians are forever trying to surveil and manipulate humanity to their desired ends. Advances in technology have surely made it easier in many respects. A very big goal, from the point of view of any true authoritarian, would be the abolition of cash. All economic transactions monitored. No privacy whatsoever. The accomplishment of such a goal is far from a done deal. We should stand against it at every turn.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. I've been chronicling issues related to it for years:

https://www.pmbug.com/forum/f4/drumb...-society-2945/

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    This is a subject near and dear to my heart. I've been chronicling issues related to it for years:

https://www.pmbug.com/forum/f4/drumb...-society-2945/
    Nice clean and simple website.

We have been boycotting digital for years and years. Cash only for everything.

People prefer cashless because it is easier. Slide a card or wave your phone and you are out of there and off to your next thing. With cash you need to be sure you have enough pieces of paper and metal in your pockets and when you get low you have to go to the bank to get some more. Liberty is also being able to choose how to pay for things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    People prefer cashless because it is easier. Slide a card or wave your phone and you are out of there and off to your next thing. With cash you need to be sure you have enough pieces of paper and metal in your pockets and when you get low you have to go to the bank to get some more. Liberty is also being able to choose how to pay for things.
    People prefer cash.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I do currency tracking on Where’s George? We are all intensely interested in this subject—more as hobbyists than politicians. I have never personally encountered any problems with using currency for point-of-sale purchases, but I don’t travel on planes with thousands of dollars, either.

I do know that when I go to the bank every couple of weeks to trade the $20s from the ATM for smaller bills, they will generally ask me whether the cash is for business or personal use. I just give them my sweetest grandmotherly smile and ask if anyone has $2s because I have five grandchildren who think their grandmother is the Tooth Fairy. They tell their friends that.

I know the day is coming when cash purchases will be more closely scrutinized, but I have a hobby to support. If the bank ever denies me my right to my own cash in the denominations I like to spend, or if a business ever refuses my cash payment, they will not keep my business.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

People prefer cashless because it is easier.
    It is also inflationary. In spite of government efforts to regulate fees attached to electronic payments, it still costs more to pay with card than with cash. Banks charge a percentage of the amount of purchase to process an electronic payment.

I will always pay for gas or any point of sale purchase with cash.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Personal , selfish, convenience turns Men into boys, and society into a feed lot.

Cashless Society:

The Government can put a hold at anytime on your D.C.
    card or digital currency app/acct and freeze your account/s
    without you being convicted of any crime, at anytime, at their whim.
    They can stop you from paying your bills.
    They can choose the things they allow you buy,
    and stop you from buying or accessing anything that their (Un-
    Constitutional) spying algorithms tell them are risk items,
    things you may not be able to live without, Food in general,
    herbs , organic produce , any produce, Coffee, medications,
    medical services.
    They can Stop you from buying Firearms, Ammo, Books, a
    Baseball Bat , Tennis Racket, any sporting goods, literature, gas,
    food, lodging.
    Stop you from travel . Stop you from communicating.
    Banks can and will charge you any fees they choose for handling
    your electronic activities (buying or selling, consumer or vendor) ,
    as well as charge negative interest rates or exorbitant fees on
    your acct/s.
    Essentially , a cashless system can literally kill you, without
    you having done anything illegal ever, all that is required is that
    someone decides, or A.I. determines that you need to be put
    on a list.
    Cashless Control (D.C./CHIPS) can transform us all
    into thieves, thugs, robbers, and murderers , in order for us to just
    try to survive, they can and will control every aspect of our lives.
    The current push to eliminate the 100 dollar bill has nothing to do
    with curbing or stopping any crime, it is part of the roll out of the
    cashless scheme, to demonize cash, to force us into electronic
    transfers instead of cash.
    We all have credit/debit cards, and we pay many of our bills on line
    the convenience is there, however in a disaster of any magnitude,
    no Super Market or Hardware Store is going to give you food
    and survival equipment on your 'Cards' and your good word when the
    internet connection/satellite/power is down.
    I try to buy everything I possibly can with cash, I only use cards
    when absolutely necessary.
    We need to return to a value based currency.
    Bitcoin is still a Fiat Currency and the govt will be in control of it,
    many of us believe it is a Judas Goat , it is a cloaked introduction
    to complete control over every aspect of your lives.
    The worst nightmare for me is not that I will live long enough
    to be destroyed by a chipped and cashless society ,
    my problem is that if we don't stand together
    (every race, color, and creed) and fight the NWO rollout,
    history will be re-written, our descendants will be under complete
    govt control, and will not even understand that humans
    once had inalienable rights, as spelled out in our great and inspired
    US Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Personal , selfish, convenience turns Men into boys, and society into a feed lot.
    You did better than I did... I was just going to say that is because people are down right LAZY. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    You did better than I did... I was just going to say that is because people are down right LAZY. lol
    Yep , lazy and irresponsible, it's also the Abortion Story in spades, a matter of sea slug convenience.

''You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ATruepatriot again.''

Cash mostly used for small transactions. Just over half if it is $10 or less- less than a third use cash if it is more than that.

https://www.frbsf.org/cash/publicati...ayment-choice/

The 2018 report on the Diary of Consumer Payment Choice (DCPC) was the fourth Diary study conducted by the Federal Reserve. A demographically-representative sample of approximately 2,800 individuals participated in the Diary in October 2017. Findings from the 2017 DCPC show:

Cash continues to be the most frequently used payment instrument, representing 30 percent of all transactions and 55 percent of transactions under $10.

While online shopping continues to grow, 77 percent of payments were made in-person.1 For these in-person payments, cash accounted for 39 percent of the volume.

Survey respondents between 18 to 25 years of age and those 45 years and older use cash approximately 34 percent of the time to pay for transactions.

In 2017, consumers held more cash on average than their 2015 and 2016 counterparts, though the difference was not statistically significant.

Consumers continue to use cash predominantly for smaller value transactions, with cash being used for 55 percent of payments under $10 and for 32 percent of payments between $10 and $24.99. Because the majority of reported transactions were below $25 in value, cash was the most used instrument overall. Debit and credit cards were generally used for larger transactions, with the average debit and credit transaction being $46 and $67, respectively. For purchases between $10 and $24.99, debit cards were used 34 percent of the time.
    Interestingly, 2017 represents the first year debit was used at a higher rate than cash within this price range.

Participants reported making approximately three quarters of all payments in-person and, for those payments, cash was used approximately 39 percent of the time. For the one quarter of payments that took place not-in-person — payments for which the use of cash is not an option — 75 percent were bill payments. The data shows that, on average, 90 percent of non-bill payments continue to be made in-person.

Individuals between 18 and 25 made approximately 24 payments per month, with debit cards comprising 12 of those payments and cash making up 8 of the 24 total payments. While debit was the most used instrument for the younger cohort, the share of cash use was the same for individuals 18 to 24 and 45 and older at 34 percent. Individuals aged 25 to 44 used cash for approximately 10 transactions per month, which equated to about 25 percent of payments for this age group.

Finally, the average daily value of cash held by consumers continued to increase in 2017 at $59 per person compared to $57 in 2016 and $51 in 2015, although these findings were not statistically significant.

In a total Techocratic World, it will be the Banks that you try to use to electronically access your money (currency) that will have say so as to whether or not you are allowed to make your purchase. There will be no more buying guns anonymously, ammo, hell even trying to pay the neighbors kid 10 bucks to mow your lawn will be a FEDERAL CRIME because it will violate Child Labor Laws and circumvent Federal Income Tax, which they will claim is your responsibility to register the child with the IRS in order to pay him to do a simple task.

CASH IS FREEDOM FROM SURVEILLANCE

When Freedom is Outlawed, only the Outlaws will have Freedom.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Sweden, nation that pioneered living without cash, warns: Hoard your banknotes

As Britain edges towards a cashless future, Sweden has urged its citizens to stockpile change in case of power cuts, a cyber-attack or war
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/m...otes-6f72jqbf3

Cash mostly used for small transactions. ...
    The war on cash has been pretty successful. It's hard to make a statement like that as a supporting argument that people don't prefer cash and be intellectually honest without considering other reasons that might be significant factors - like for example, the act of trying to use cash for large transactions will flag you as a terrorist suspect. That obtaining large amounts of cash from your bank will flag you as a terrorist suspect. That trying to obtain large amounts of cash in several, smaller transactions (ie. structuring) could flag you as a terrorist suspect. The "know your customer" rules in the banking industry coupled with ever lowering limits on cash withdrawals before triggering suspicious transaction reports are chilling effects on society's use of cash for large transactions.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Liberty is also being able to choose how to pay for things.
    Hence, not abolishing cash.

So is giving up your freedom to Caligula and Hitler and Lenin, plus, they have done a good job of making it very convenient to give up ALL your rights that you should do it NOW! (or they will just kill you)
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I saw this earlier, Only common sense thing I have seen come out of Ca in many many years.

I saw this earlier, Only common sense thing I have seen come out of Ca in many many years.
    I agree, I wonder what twisted reason they have for doing it though.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I agree, I wonder what twisted reason they have for doing it though.
    It disenfranchises low income folks who can't get a credit card or even a bank account. It actually makes sense.

It disenfranchises low income folks who can't get a credit card or even a bank account. It actually makes sense.
    But what is their REAL SECRET reason?

Illegals?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Illegals?
    Could be... They would be in the same position.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Illegals?
    The REAL reason it it enabled "Soft Kill" of their Enemies, which we know are Conservatives and Liberty leaning folks in general.

They want people dead. Period. Now, look at several scenarios as to how they would attempt to pull it off. Tell the military to go attack Christians. Yeah, not gonna fly very well. Tell Cops to kill Conservatives, again, no go and it exposes their plan to kill off people who they declare to be their enemies. Instead, their plan is to have people starve, which is just as effective as a Bullet or Tank, but, it creates Plausible Deniability. To cause people to starve En Masse, it needs to look like those people "did it to themselves" which has always been one of our favorite phrases around here with good reason. Hence, the constant non stop INVASION OF PRIVACY + HEGALIAN DIALECTIC. If Conservatives / Jews / Whites / Males / Ron Paul Supporters / <Insert Enemy Group Label Here> are deemed "Dangerous" then Banks will have nothing to do with them, nor will Employers, Insurers, Property Owners, or pretty much anyone who we need to interact with at some point in order to maintain any sense of Normalcy. By destroying an Enemys ability to operate within the Normal Parameters as defined by their social structure, the Enemy faces Annihilation by Absence. No money, they starve, freeze, left homeless, unable to communicate effectively, and are neutered of meaningful resistance to their will. Those not paying attention will reflexively stay away from the ideologies of Freedom as if it were a contagious disease that once infection sets in will result in infected persons being placed in a Social Quarantine.

The secondary benefit of such a "Soft Kill" exercise of the opponents of those who have declared WAR ON FREEDOM is that the infrastructure is left intact, and the planet is not destroyed in the process, as would happen with Nuclear War.

This is Asymmetric Warfare. Soft Kill white straight free thinking men. Thats the goal. But there are always backup plans. First plan is VOTER Replacement. By bringing in Illegal Immigrants by the millions, they are ensuring that the Democratic (Socialist / Nazi / Fascist / Technocrats) Party will be able to win every election within the foreseeable future. Permanent Democratic Control. House, Senate, Presidency, doesnt matter at that point as the Replacement Population is being heavily trained to be "Good Democrats". The Illegal Immigration situation could go multiple directions, all of which are planned to be used to their advantage. Close the border traps us inside. No Escape. Open the borders and let them all in, they take power at the Voting Booth. Race War breaks out, it will be blamed on those who are the Enemies of True Freedom and oppose the very principles of these United States. Race War could be between Immigrants and Citizens, or between Blacks and Whites, or between LGBTBBQWTFLOL vs Straights, or Political Ideologies. Race many times has to do with the Color of Ideas not the Color of Skin. Thus, CIVIL WAR is both planned and promoted as a backup plan in the event that Immigration War does not kick off.

Again, it goes back to Privacy and Gun Rights as one of many key elements needed to be removed as they are Obstacles to their proliferation of power. Eliminating Privacy also enables them to DOX everyone. They will make it known to ALL what ever the Crowd will be most responsive to in order to provoke the Crowd to attack and ultimately destroy the Independent Individual. The attacking Crowd will know not to ever give up their own gun rights just in case they have to "go shoot Whitey / Non LBGTBBQHAHAROFLCOPTER / Non Demoncrat" but their VICTIMS will NEVER be afforded the 2nd Amendment Right to defend themselves against Domestic Enemies. Peoples Rights have been turned in to the very Weapons of Mass Destruction to be used against those who demand Tyrannical Permanent Enslavement of the Human Race.

And all of this is because eliminating ALL CASH forces you to surrender your most private details about yourself. They can already tell if you are Republican leaning based on the types of financial transactions you make. Once they have control of your ability to spend, once they cut you off, and you are left jobless, friendless, and homeless, you will be targetted by the Extremist Crowds that demand to replace your core values with a new Group Think assigned State Worshiping Slave.

Should the 2nd Civil War ever truly begin, good luck trying to buy a gun even if only to defend yourself with your ATM card.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The REAL reason it it enabled "Soft Kill" of their Enemies, which we know are Conservatives and Liberty leaning folks in general.

They want people dead. Period. Now, look at several scenarios as to how they would attempt to pull it off. Tell the military to go attack Christians. Yeah, not gonna fly very well. Tell Cops to kill Conservatives, again, no go and it exposes their plan to kill off people who they declare to be their enemies. Instead, their plan is to have people starve, which is just as effective as a Bullet or Tank, but, it creates Plausible Deniability. To cause people to starve En Masse, it needs to look like those people "did it to themselves" which has always been one of our favorite phrases around here with good reason. Hence, the constant non stop INVASION OF PRIVACY + HEGALIAN DIALECTIC. If Conservatives / Jews / Whites / Males / Ron Paul Supporters / <Insert Enemy Group Label Here> are deemed "Dangerous" then Banks will have nothing to do with them, nor will Employers, Insurers, Property Owners, or pretty much anyone who we need to interact with at some point in order to maintain any sense of Normalcy. By destroying an Enemys ability to operate within the Normal Parameters as defined by their social structure, the Enemy faces Annihilation by Absence. No money, they starve, freeze, left homeless, unable to communicate effectively, and are neutered of meaningful resistance to their will. Those not paying attention will reflexively stay away from the ideologies of Freedom as if it were a contagious disease that once infection sets in will result in infected persons being placed in a Social Quarantine.

The secondary benefit of such a "Soft Kill" exercise of the opponents of those who have declared WAR ON FREEDOM is that the infrastructure is left intact, and the planet is not destroyed in the process, as would happen with Nuclear War.

This is Asymmetric Warfare. Soft Kill white straight free thinking men. Thats the goal. But there are always backup plans. First plan is VOTER Replacement. By bringing in Illegal Immigrants by the millions, they are ensuring that the Democratic (Socialist / Nazi / Fascist / Technocrats) Party will be able to win every election within the foreseeable future. Permanent Democratic Control. House, Senate, Presidency, doesnt matter at that point as the Replacement Population is being heavily trained to be "Good Democrats". The Illegal Immigration situation could go multiple directions, all of which are planned to be used to their advantage. Close the border traps us inside. No Escape. Open the borders and let them all in, they take power at the Voting Booth. Race War breaks out, it will be blamed on those who are the Enemies of True Freedom and oppose the very principles of these United States. Race War could be between Immigrants and Citizens, or between Blacks and Whites, or between LGBTBBQWTFLOL vs Straights, or Political Ideologies. Race many times has to do with the Color of Ideas not the Color of Skin. Thus, CIVIL WAR is both planned and promoted as a backup plan in the event that Immigration War does not kick off.

Again, it goes back to Privacy and Gun Rights as one of many key elements needed to be removed as they are Obstacles to their proliferation of power. Eliminating Privacy also enables them to DOX everyone. They will make it known to ALL what ever the Crowd will be most responsive to in order to provoke the Crowd to attack and ultimately destroy the Independent Individual. The attacking Crowd will know not to ever give up their own gun rights just in case they have to "go shoot Whitey / Non LBGTBBQHAHAROFLCOPTER / Non Demoncrat" but their VICTIMS will NEVER be afforded the 2nd Amendment Right to defend themselves against Domestic Enemies. Peoples Rights have been turned in to the very Weapons of Mass Destruction to be used against those who demand Tyrannical Permanent Enslavement of the Human Race.

And all of this is because eliminating ALL CASH forces you to surrender your most private details about yourself. They can already tell if you are Republican leaning based on the types of financial transactions you make. Once they have control of your ability to spend, once they cut you off, and you are left jobless, friendless, and homeless, you will be targetted by the Extremist Crowds that demand to replace your core values with a new Group Think assigned State Worshiping Slave.

Should the 2nd Civil War ever truly begin, good luck trying to buy a gun even if only to defend yourself with your ATM card.
    I agree with you in general but I don't understand how that explains San Francisco banning cashless stores which is what ATP and I were discussing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I agree with you in general but I don't understand how that explains San Francisco banning cashless stores which is what ATP and I were discussing.
    Its where "Conspiracy Theorists" get part of it wrong, but another part of it quite right. The trick to pulling off a successful Conspiracy is that the Conspirators must either keep quiet, or flat out not know they are taking part in it. As a result, there will be pockets of people who still use cash and demand its access. How many homeless people have cell phones they can use to make their payments with? Some people at lower levels, usually city, will still be relatively connected with real people well enough to understand that there is still and will always be a legitimate need for some form of non digital currency. At the top, however, systems are being designed to be as Cash Unfriendly as possible. Cash registers that require extra steps to make a cash purchase, less training, more frustration every time cash is used, until eventually the majority of people give in and switch to digital forms of currency. Cards / Phones are pushed heavily by being incentivized with coupons and rewards for "loyalty" programs.

The more people that know, the more chance that someone reveals the plan and spills the beans. Not that anyone would listen because people are so conditioned to not care. If people think they made the decision themselves to go cashless, they see no conspiracy, even if there is one. Many people own stores they want to go cashless because they feel cash is an inconvenience, so they do not see themselves as part of the conspiracy either. Cashless Store Owners follow a trend, then persuade their customers to follow that same trend. They follow because they see it as a trend not a conspiracy, but those at the top have declared Cash a major Privacy Obstacle that needs to be eliminated for them to have more control over people.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Its where "Conspiracy Theorists" get part of it wrong, but another part of it quite right. The trick to pulling off a successful Conspiracy is that the Conspirators must either keep quiet, or flat out not know they are taking part in it. As a result, there will be pockets of people who still use cash and demand its access. How many homeless people have cell phones they can use to make their payments with? Some people at lower levels, usually city, will still be relatively connected with real people well enough to understand that there is still and will always be a legitimate need for some form of non digital currency. At the top, however, systems are being designed to be as Cash Unfriendly as possible. Cash registers that require extra steps to make a cash purchase, less training, more frustration every time cash is used, until eventually the majority of people give in and switch to digital forms of currency. Cards / Phones are pushed heavily by being incentivized with coupons and rewards for "loyalty" programs.

The more people that know, the more chance that someone reveals the plan and spills the beans. Not that anyone would listen because people are so conditioned to not care. If people think they made the decision themselves to go cashless, they see no conspiracy, even if there is one. Many people own stores they want to go cashless because they feel cash is an inconvenience, so they do not see themselves as part of the conspiracy either. Cashless Store Owners follow a trend, then persuade their customers to follow that same trend. They follow because they see it as a trend not a conspiracy, but those at the top have declared Cash a major Privacy Obstacle that needs to be eliminated for them to have more control over people.
    Again I agree but I don't understand how that explains the ban, they should want cashless stores for their plan to succeed.

I still think it is about illegals, they can change and allow/mandate cashless stores once their invasion is successful and the Demoncrats have a permanent uniparty government.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Again I agree but I don't understand how that explains the ban, they should want cashless stores for their plan to succeed.

I still think it is about illegals, they can change and allow/mandate cashless stores once their invasion is successful and the Demoncrats have a permanent uniparty government.
    The ban is simply a temporary and minor setback. Keep in mind that these people make 100 year plans, and do not care if they lose a battle here or there. If they turned this minor battle into a major war, it would draw attention. It needs to appear to be the "natural progression of technology".

You are right though. For the ultimate plan to succeed, they do need everything to be cashless. But, for the ultimate plan to succeed, they also need Secrecy. Making a big deal about the ban draws more attention than they want, so they selectively choose to lose some battles in order to preserve their Secrecy. For the most part, major transactions are required to be cashless, such as buying a car or house in cash.

But, lets run with it. Plan is to eliminate all cash. But one city bans going fully cashless. Digital Currency is still an option. This can still be "won" by making it a Pyrrhic Victory by convincing the people that live in those cities to be cashless. What difference does it make if stores are required by law to accept cash if every single one of their customers has no cash currency to spend? Sure law is passed, sure they are required to accept cash, but if the people only use digital currencies, then after 20 or 30 years the "cash law" becomes obsolete. Technically it is most likely almost immediately obsolete, but they are playing the long game.

I do think you are right as the Illegals factor in bigtime. I suspect Illegals are being played earlier than we are expecting, and we (I) may not fully understand their strategy yet. I suppose it is possible that the Illegals are targeted by the same manipulations to the Normalcy Bias. I could be quite wrong on this, but I will entertain the idea for the moment. Imagine an Illegal gets here. The first thing they see is that we are entirely cashless. The process if Immigration, whether Legal or Illegal, is to also adjust themselves to the current perceived social NORMS. If they never got to use cash in the US, then they will think they should have no desire to pursue cash as it has no value any longer. Its typically easier to create a new habit of never using cash during a transitional period (like Immigration) than it is to change an existing habit.

One of their techniques is to create "fixed habits of reaction to authority", thus, if Authority says "there is no cash here", there may be less chance of an Immigrant supporting cash if they never experience it. Just saying it could go either way, get the Illegals to vote to make the deciding vote to go cashless, or to go cashless first and Illegals second. We know they are both gonna happen, just not sure which one first.
    1776 > 1984

Australia's Liberal Party government has announced that it will soon be illegal to purchase anything over $10,000 with cash. The government says it's "encouraging the transition to a digital society" and cracking down on tax evasion. But not everyone is happy with the move.
    The ban starts on 1 July 2019 and any payment over $10,000 will have to be made by check or credit/debit card. The government will enforce the measure by allocating roughly $300 million for what it calls the Black Economy Standing Taskforce. ...
    Australians have a strange relationship with cash - strange in the sense that they still use it. Roughly 37 per cent of all commercial transactions in Australia are made using cash. That number is just 32 per cent in the US and 15 per cent in Sweden. Many Swedes are angry about its slow move to a cashless society, arguing that going completely digital causes security concerns. And India began phasing out a whopping 86 per cent of its currency in November of 2016 by invalidating ₹500 and ₹1000 notes as legal tender.
    Today it's any sum over $10,000 in Australia, but anyone with their eyes open can see where this is going. ...
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/05/a...-july-of-2019/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast