Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flood Of Condemnations Of NYT For Antisemitic Trump Cartoon

Flood Of Condemnations Of NYT For Antisemitic Trump Cartoon

From Drudge:

FLOOD OF CONDEMNATIONS OF NYT FOR ANTISEMITIC CARTOON...

Flood of condemnations of New York Times for antisemitic cartoon

Congressmen join former ambassador to Israel and journalists in slamming the newspaper.

By Seth J. Frantzman
    April 29, 2019 03:07

Condemnations of The New York Times increased over the weekend after the paper’s international edition published an antisemitic cartoon. The offensive image was of a blind US President Donald Trump wearing a yarmulke, being walked by a dog with the face of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and wearing a Star of David collar. Despite the paper calling it an “error of judgment” to publish it, congressmen and Jewish organizations joined the chorus of outrage.

US Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell called the cartoon “despicable,” and the American Jewish Committee said it was “naked antisemitism.” Congressman Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas, 2nd District) wrote that “even if unintentional, the Left has normalized antisemitism under the guise of criticizing US-Israel foreign policy.” Other members of Congress were also shocked.

“Absolutely disgraceful and classless antisemitic pic,” tweeted Congressman Lee Zeldin (R-NY, 1st District).

Many journalists also felt that the cartoon was offensive.

“This cartoon is disgusting and sloppy,” write Joyce Karam of The National.

“This apology isn’t enough,” Harry Cherry of The Jewish Voice wrote, echoing many sentiments that felt the Times claim that it was an error in judgment wasn’t tough enough condemnation. “There needs to be a wide-ranging investigation.” Channel 13’s Barak Ravid wrote that an apology was also missing.

Related

Trump: If Sheldon Adelson Backs Rubio "He'll Have Total Control" Over Him

NYT blames Al Qeda African attacks on Trump's US embassy move in Israel, claims Palestinian cause motivated OBL

Trump tweets image depicting Clinton, cash and the Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    This is a tweet:

this is a retweet:

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Largest newspaper of Israel is taking a contrarian view on this:

That Netanyahu Cartoon Wasn’t anti-Semitic

Zeev Engelmayer Apr 29, 2019 12:23 AM
    The New York Times’ cartoon of Benjamin Netanyahu as a guide dog for Donald Trump that angered the “Jewish world” is actually a clich d cartoon, though well-designed and certainly not anti-Semitic.
    haaretz

Related

It's Even Worse Than Ilhan Omar Said: AIPAC Is the Tip of the Israel Lobby Iceberg

It isn't anti-Semitic to criticize Israel, and this particular cartoon isn't necessarily anti-Semitic, but for organizations that spew SJW bull$#@! it's amazingly retarded (intentional?).
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Personally..

I think the cartoon is Great. perfect even.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    It isn't anti-Semitic to criticize Israel, and this particular cartoon isn't necessarily anti-Semitic, but for organizations that spew SJW bull$#@! it's amazingly retarded (intentional?).
    Why do you think it's retarded?

The one detail in the cartoon that may smack of antisemitism, and not just opposition to improper pro-Israel influence on American policy, is the yarmulke. A yarmulke is a symbol of Judaism, and not the nation-state of Israel.

But I have a feeling that those who call it antisemitic are criticizing the whole thing, and not just that detail.

In other respects, the point the cartoon is making should be completely fair game, and is not antisemitic.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Largest newspaper of Israel is taking a contrarian view on this:
    And that’s what will happen eventually. At some point, the US media will reflect the spectrum of opinion that exists in Israel.

The media and political lobby groups in the US have long cultivated an environment where any debate or divergence of opinion on Israel or Israel related politics is verboten. It is beyond taboo. This was intentional.

The Israeli media is by no means 100% Likud Party (very similar to US neoconservatives). The US media would have you believe that is the case, but it is far from the truth. In Israel, issues are explored and debated, not reflexively shut down.

In the US, the media would hardly acknowledge that Netanyahu had any competition in the last election. And the cartoon that ran via the NYT international outlet (as opposed to the US) would be perfectly acceptable in Israel. It simply criticizes Trump as being a blind man (with regard to his knowledge of the Middle East), and Netanyahu leads him around. The left in Israel has no problem with that. The left in the US has no problem with that, except when they feel a need to maintain the one-sided US media illusion.
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The one detail in the cartoon that may smack of antisemitism, and not just opposition to improper pro-Israel influence on American policy, is the yarmulke. A yarmulke is a symbol of Judaism, and not the nation-state of Israel.

But I have a feeling that those who call it antisemitic are criticizing the whole thing, and not just that detail.

In other respects, the point the cartoon is making should be completely fair game, and is not antisemitic.
    Or Trump wearing the yarmulke is making fun of him for pretending too hard.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But it is perfectly fine to show a perverted cartoon of Trump and Putin in bed together.

The problem with the cartoon is that Netanyahu should be walking Trump- not vs/vs.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The problem with the cartoon is that Netanyahu should be walking Trump- not vs/vs.
    That's the idea though. Notice that Trump is blind and he's being led by Netanyahu.

The Cartoon is Horrible.

It's backwards.

: )

That's the idea though. Notice that Trump is blind and he's being led by Netanyahu.
    Good observation , but missing two key points;

1. Netwit' would be a German Shepard etc,

2. Trump would sport' a cane to make it a certainty

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    The Cartoon is Horrible.

It's backwards.

: )
    On closer inspection -- Trump is blind, and the Netanyahu is the servicedog.
    They are manipulating politicians who are willfully blind.

I personally believe, the US politicians are willfully whoring the US electorate. They're not blind at all, they know full well what they're doing.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Good observation , but missing two key points;

1. Netwit' would be a German Shepard etc,

2. Trump would sport' a cane to make it a certainty
    That would certainly make it clearer. But there is the potential that it was left ambiguous for a reason; to allow viewers to interpret it as more critical of Trump or Netanyahu, depending upon the viewers perspective. Some would like it to be more critical of Trump, some would like it to be more critical of Netanyahu.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-29-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Cartoon is perfect.

Its just odd that the NYT would seem to take issue with the fact that Israel essentially runs the US.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Cartoon is perfect.

Its just odd that the NYT would seem to take issue with the fact that Israel essentially runs the US.
    ''Flood of condemnations of New York Times for antisemitic cartoon''

Note; the conjunction is 'of' , so this is supposedly condemnation of the Times , not by
    according to that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That would certainly make it clearer. But there is the potential that it was left ambiguous for a reason; to allow viewers interpret it as more critical of Trump or Netanyahu, depending upon the viewers perspective. Some would like it to be more critical of Trump, some would like it to be more critical of Netanyahu.
    That's a great observation too, but;
    That's too much 3d chess playing by the cartoonist then, I won't go with that , same as
    Trump's reported 3d playing, he played me, it wasn't Chess.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    On closer inspection -- Trump is blind, and the Netanyahu is the servicedog.
    They are manipulating politicians who are willfully blind.

I personally believe, the US politicians are willfully whoring the US electorate. They're not blind at all, they know full well what they're doing.
    I agree , we are being played , have been for 100 years at least.

Anyone reading the new york times should be punished so I hope they hate every cartoon every day .
    Do something Danke

Note; the conjunction is 'of' , so this is supposedly condemnation of the Times , not by
    Right, the NYT printed the cartoon so they would have to be ok with the message, depending on what theyre trying to imply.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

Yes.

So, the cartoon expresses a sentiment that takes issue with Israel running the US (as unknown said).

And others are condemning the Times for running a cartoon that takes issue with Israel running the US.

So we are still left with unknown's observation that it is odd for the Times to run a cartoon that takes issue with Israel running the US.

Why do you think it's retarded?
    It's retarded since anyone with the tiniest amount of sense would be able to anticipate backlash for depicting a Jew, any Jew, as an animal sporting the Star of David. It's not that it's objectively wrong (nobody would have been offended if Trump were depicted as an animal, or any other white person for that matter), but the backlash should have been anticipated.

I'm not arguing that the cartoon is anti-Semitic, but that the cartoonist/newspaper was retarded for not anticipating that people would view it as such.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

It's retarded since anyone with the tiniest amount of sense would be able to anticipate backlash for depicting a Jew, any Jew, as an animal sporting the Star of David. It's not that it's objectively wrong (nobody would have been offended if Trump were depicted as an animal, or any other white person for that matter), but the backlash should have been anticipated.

I'm not arguing that the cartoon is anti-Semitic, but that the cartoonist/newspaper was retarded for not anticipating that people would view it as such.
    Yeah, that's all true.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cartoon is perfect.

Right, the NYT printed the cartoon so they would have to be ok with the message, depending on what theyre trying to imply.
    Your wording in your op indicated that you thought the NYT was condemning the cartoon, I was just
    pointing out that they were the vehicle not the 'complaint' .

Your wording in your op indicated that you thought the NYT was condemning the cartoon
    His wording didn't indicate that.

It indicated that the cartoon took issue with Israel running the US, and NYT, by running the cartoon also took issue with that.

His wording didn't indicate that.

It indicated that the cartoon took issue with Israel running the US, and NYT, by running the cartoon also took issue with that.
    Blsht

Blsht
    Look man, it's still there for all to read. You just misunderstood what he said. Accept it and move on.

The Cartoon is Horrible.

It's backwards.
    No,
    It's not.

Blind lead the blind..

Blind man with a Guide dog.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Bingo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast