Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand's golf buddy

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    In other words, the shine has worn off of the "lesser of two evils" pitch, and they've been realizing that they were duped into supporting obomba's 3rd term, complete with big government police state expansion and a NWO foreign policy.
    Ya, no.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ump-Than-Obama

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...-staff-listen/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you had the choice golf with Trump, or golf with Rand, which would you choose?

Perhaps this should be a poll.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Last I checked, we're still in Syria.

I can't read the tweet.
    Last I checked Rand is still speaking out against Syria. Here he is debating foreign policy with the guy from zoolander.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If you had the choice golf with Trump, or golf with Rand, which would you choose?

Golfing with trump might actually be more fun. Just think...
    "I should have yelled 'two'!"
    "I'm sorry, it slipped"
    "Lou raised the price, he's been losing at the track lately"
    "Who made you Pope of this dump?"
    "Oh, but it looks good on you"
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Rand, of course.
    But I'd love a chance to pitch some ideas to either one.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Rand, of course.
    But I'd love a chance to pitch some ideas to either one.
    I think he reads twitter, someone bashed him for wasting tax payer dollars trying to cut spending by complaining about his use of government money on a video to promote the penny plan. The next day he put up this video to promote the penny plan that looked like it was recorded by shakey hands mcgee with a potato.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Didn't you read the thread about the Yemen bill?? It was debunked as being totally ineffective and allied us more strongly with Israel in the region.

If Trump had signed it as an Executive Order, you people would have pointed out the same thing. But you are only interested in bashing Trump.
    God you are stupid as $#@!. We are already strongly aligned with Israel. The text does not commit US forces to any conflict in which Israel is involved, it only reaffirms the already existing US commitment to fighting on behalf of Israel and Zionists, which is an idea held dear by your favorite president, and every president before him. But especially your favorite president.

There were no policy directives regarding Israel contained within the bill. It was "debunked as totally ineffective" What the $#@! are you talking about? It would at the very least stop the US from helping Saudis pick targets and helping them refuel their aircraft. Unfortunately, no, it wouldn't stop the sale of our weapons to them. We can thank your favorite president for that.

And no, I'm not a $#@!ing dumbass, like you are. I would not point out meaningless language in the bill "we support Israel and Jews" to use to bash Trump if he signed the bill. The only reason that language even exists in the bill is to appease the 80 IQ republicans, like Trump and every other politician you support, who have an undying commitment to supporting Israel.

Would signing this bill make Trump a good president on foreign policy? Nope, he would still be terrible. But it would be one small step in the right direction, but apparently you prefer the continuation of US support for radical Islam, i.e. the Saudi regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    God you are stupid as $#@!.
    +rep

God you are stupid as $#@!. We are already strongly aligned with Israel. The text does not commit US forces to any conflict in which Israel is involved, it only reaffirms the already existing US commitment to fighting on behalf of Israel and Zionists, which is an idea held dear by your favorite president, and every president before him. But especially your favorite president.

There were no policy directives regarding Israel contained within the bill. It was "debunked as totally ineffective" What the $#@! are you talking about? It would at the very least stop the US from helping Saudis pick targets and helping them refuel their aircraft. Unfortunately, no, it wouldn't stop the sale of our weapons to them. We can thank your favorite president for that.

And no, I'm not a $#@!ing dumbass, like you are. I would not point out meaningless language in the bill "we support Israel and Jews" to use to bash Trump if he signed the bill. The only reason that language even exists in the bill is to appease the 80 IQ republicans, like Trump and every other politician you support, who have an undying commitment to supporting Israel.

Would signing this bill make Trump a good president on foreign policy? Nope, he would still be terrible. But it would be one small step in the right direction, but apparently you prefer the continuation of US support for radical Islam, i.e. the Saudi regime.
    There is a provision in the bill that made exemption for attack on Al Qaeda and we all know what happens when you give the US govt that kind of out. They start seeing AlQaeda targets everywhere. Remember AQAP is supposedly HQed in Yemen. The bill was terrible but his excuse made for not signing it says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    There is a provision in the bill that made exemption for attack on Al Qaeda and we all know what happens when you give the US govt that kind of out. They start seeing AlQaeda targets everywhere. Remember AQAP is supposedly HQed in Yemen. The bill was terrible but his excuse made for not signing it says it all.
    True, but this bill was already passed a long time ago, it would have to be repealed to cease military action against Al-qaeda
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/107th-...lution/23/text

This new bill was not great, as it did very little, but passing the bill was clearly the right choice, not vetoing it.
    The text of the bill did mention that the hostilities are between houthis against SA. (also SA backed forces on the ground who are mostly Al-qaeda folks, but that of course wasnt mentioned)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There were no policy directives regarding Israel contained within the bill.
    SEC. 2. RULE OF CONSTRUCTION REGARDING CONTINUED MILITARY OPERATIONS
    AND COOPERATION WITH ISRAEL.

Nothing in this joint resolution shall be construed to influence or
    disrupt any military operations and cooperation with Israel.
    I'd bet $1,000 if Trump signed that as an EO instead of vetoing it, you and the other anti-Trumpers would have pointed that out and said it was a useless EO.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Last I checked Rand is still speaking out against Syria. Here he is debating foreign policy with the guy from zoolander.

Are you telling me Rand didn't set himself on fire in front of the WH?

NOT
    HIS
    FATHER!
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    I got your entire point. The point should be to influence Trump on policies that have a chance to be accepted by Trump.
    There are no policies acceptable to Trump which are worth pursuing.

Why is it futile to be on Trumps good side especially when he has influenced Trump.
    He hasn't influenced Trump in any meaningful way (see above).

Trump is primarily a vain moron and secondarily a standard New York leftist.

What policies can Ron take credit for from all his years of service?

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Whats useful for liberty? You think Rand will libertarian so hard that he'll ignite another RLOVEution? Thats an utter delusion. Ron Paul was great, but the chances of the stars aligning again for libertarianism is slim to none.
    Agreed

This thread is about how effective Rand is. FUNNY that the accomplishments I mentioned did not get the quote from you. Probably you just want to make the emotional argument than the actual one? Orange man bad = Rand Paul fail?

Let's not all get into another silly battle over who is more libertarian than who, I don't care who has more online posts or who liberterianz harder on RPF. I'm content with my REAL LIFE accomplishments for this movement, don't need to share a spreadsheet to show it. Veterans on this forum know so you can call me a Bush republican all you want if it makes you feel great.

And it was Ron who asked us to grow the tent, or did you forget? Did Ron say something about not allowing people who didn't fully understand big L issues? You are completely backwards on this.

All I said about all or nothing libertarians still stand and is 100% correct, some will even be proud of that label and good for them to own it, some hide or deflect from it.

You mistake Trump's growth of government from the accomplishments of Rand, you want to mix the two because you think it helps your argument. Essentially saying any support for Trump equates to approving and supporting all of his actions. All three of the liberty amigos have agreed with Trump while others supported and vice versa. Who is right? Doesn't matter.

In the end all I hear is btch btch btch. Sorry but its true.

"Not enough!"
    "Not his father!"

Literally nothing will ever be good enough for you, the complaining is honestly pointless.

I know because I've been where you are now and its a waste of time and energy. I've since evolved from that attitude in 2014 (oh, thats when you joined this forum).
    The bottom line is quite simple; Trump is making government larger, reducing liberty, and I'm not interested in supporting that.

...your mileage may vary.

The bottom line is quite simple; Trump is making government larger, reducing liberty,
    He isn't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    What policies can Ron take credit for from all his years of service?
    If you're asking me what effect Ron had on the course of events, the answer is obviously that he had almost no effect.

If you're asking me what effect Ron had on the course of events, the answer is obviously that he had almost no effect.
    What was his signature legislation?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What was his signature legislation?
    I'd say it was his budgets, his glorious trillion-dollar-cutting budgets, which of course did not pass: not for lack of effort on his part.

I'd say it was his budgets, his glorious trillion-dollar-cutting budgets, which of course did not pass: not for lack of effort on his part.
    Can you name any bills he presented that passed? Is he responsible for any legislation?

Can you name any bills he presented that passed? Is he responsible for any legislation?
    Nothing comes to mind.

Nothing comes to mind.
    Was he close enough to any person with power to have the ability to shape policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He isn't.
    Gah....Swordling. Are you for real? Like really. Are you pot stirring or tr*lling or what?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

loveshiscountry

You don't think Rand influenced Trump on his executive order on Obamacare? Especially with the fine being rescinded?

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Are you telling me Rand didn't set himself on fire in front of the WH?

NOT
    HIS
    FATHER!
    It's not what he isn't, it's what he is. Rand is the man!

You don't think Rand influenced Trump on his executive order on Obamacare? Especially with the fine being rescinded?
    No way to reason with TDS unfortunately.

You're dealing with people who want it all or want none of it. We just all see it differently.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could be, doesn't really matter.

That's trivia; the basic trend toward socialized medicine continues.

God you are stupid as $#@!.
    Hey, those are pretty good debating skills. Can you teach me that?

And no, I'm not a $#@!ing dumbass, like you are.
    "And no?" What does that mean? I didn't see where Dannno called you a dumbass. Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I see I missed this one last time....

Was he close enough to any person with power to have the ability to shape policy?
    No, and neither does Rand, if that's where you're headed.

Here's a question for you; how does one get "close" to those in power?

Playing golf? Card tricks? Juggling?

....I think you may not have a very clear picture of how politics actually works; it isn't a buddy-movie.

Ron wasn't close to the powerful for the same reason that Rand isn't; libertarian policies aren't electoral winners.

They don't bring in big constituencies or big money.

It isn't, or shouldn't be, surprising that libertarians who make it to Congress end up isolated, out of the loop.

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but this is the reality of the situation.

...and no amount of golfing will change it.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-15-2019 at 08:29 PM.

I see I missed this one last time....

No, and neither does Rand, if that's where you're headed.

Here's a question for you; how does one get "close" to those in power?

Playing golf? Card tricks? Juggling?

....I think you may not have a very clear picture of how politics actually works; it isn't a buddy-movie.

Ron wasn't close to the powerful for the same reason that Rand isn't; libertarian policies aren't electoral winners.

They don't bring in big constituencies or big money.

It isn't, or shouldn't be, surprising that libertarians who make it to Congress end up isolated, out of the loop.

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but this is the reality of the situation.

...and no amount of golfing will change it.
    Rand HAS affected Trump's policy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast