Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: Trump: 'We're losing our A$$ defending you.' (Saudi Arabia)

  1. #1

    Trump: 'We're losing our A$$ defending you.' (Saudi Arabia)






  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3
    'The budget is a mythical beanbag. Congress votes mythical beans into it, and then tries to reach in and pull real beans out.'--Will Rogers
    Trump is the first president in a very long time to admit they can't pull an infinite number of real beans out of the mythical beanbag. Is he off the script, or are they setting us up for the fall?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  5. #4
    I won't call it 'losing our a-word', would call it "cooperation".


    True friendship demands sacrifices too. As long as our national debt and human costs are within our tolerance budget, we should continue to stand by our closest allies.




    Potentially Related

    February 17, 2019
    New York Times Claims Osama Bin Laden Motivated by ‘News Coverage of Displaced Palestinians’
    he New York Times is suddenly and retroactively blaming Israel for motivating the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, without much evidence to support the claim. A recent Times news article about deadly attacks in Africa by affiliates of the terrorist group Al Qaeda blames them on President Trump’s decision to obey an American law that required him to move the American embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/09/w...s-attacks.html

    Top US General Says American Troops Should Be Ready To Die For Israel


    Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops , Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217%


  6. #5

  7. #6
    Then perhaps you should stop aiding Saudi Arabia with their war on Yemen.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  8. #7
    Time to stop defending them then.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Time to stop defending them then.
    "Defending"?

    Is that what "fighting all their neighbors while they sit on their asses" is called?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    "Defending"?

    Is that what "fighting all their neighbors while they sit on their asses" is called?
    I'm using his words, he seems to think we are defending them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm using his words, he seems to think we are defending them.
    Well, I guess he is on script after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, I guess he is on script after all.
    In this line of activism we do here, we should know better than to kneejerk on everything we hear. There are a whole bunch of liars out there expecting this.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    There are a whole bunch of liars out there.....
    Liars all...


    https://twitter.com/walid970721/stat...48996735758336

    Blair's "45 minutes" comes to mind.
    They don't even try to make something new, just recycle their old propaganda over and over again.
    And the lemmings take it for facts even still...
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-29-2019 at 04:40 PM.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    In this line of activism we do here, we should know better than to kneejerk on everything we hear. There are a whole bunch of liars out there expecting this.
    What part of what I said is a knee jerk reaction?

    Trump has been "in the club" from the beginning. If he weren't, he'd never have gotten continual 24/7 coverage during the primaries. That we learned during two Ron Paul campaigns. So if your point is you think Trump's not playing conservatives, you might as well stow it. Otherwise, spit it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Liars all...


    https://twitter.com/walid970721/stat...48996735758336

    Blair's "45 minutes" comes to mind.
    They don't even try to make something new, just recycle their old propaganda over and over again.
    And the lemmings take it for facts even still...
    Yep... Bolton for sure. Just got to keep the MIC in business. Just ran across this one... Looks like the FBI is at it again, bolstering the war on terror.

    Terror suspect claimed ISIS sympathies, planned to bomb LA freeways, FBI says

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/29/terr...eways-fbi.html

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What part of what I said is a knee jerk reaction?

    Trump has been "in the club" from the beginning. If he weren't, he'd never have gotten continual 24/7 coverage during the primaries. That we learned during two Ron Paul campaigns. So if your point is you think Trump's not playing conservatives, you might as well stow it. Otherwise, spit it out.
    I'm just saying that we need to pay no heed to what we hear and wait for the fat orange man to sing and act before getting too excited. Know what I mean?

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    I'm just saying that we need to pay no heed to what we hear and wait for the fat orange man to sing and act before getting too excited. Know what I mean?
    No. I've been watching that brat bask in the public eye for forty years. It hasn't excited me one bit in all that time. If you think he's going to get a rise out of me now, your expectations may be a tad elevated.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No. I've been watching that brat bask in the public eye for forty years. It hasn't excited me one bit in all that time. If you think he's going to get a rise out of me now, your expectations may be a tad elevated.
    My comment was not directed at you specifically friend. It was just a general observation how there are a lot of kneejerks about everything.

  21. #18
    Translation: "I'm losing my ass defending you."

    IMO the message was for the Saudi government more than the crowd.

    Trump had to veto the vote against the Yemen war from both parties just to protect his Saudi buddies, and he doesn't feel like their doing much to support him in return.

  22. #19
    Yeah... it's all about U donald.


  23. #20
    President Donald yelled to a roaring crowd of Trump-retards:
    With all that being said though, we have $450 billion, $110 billion of which is a military order, but this is equipment and various things ordered from Saudi Arabia, $450 billion.
    I think it's over a million jobs. That's not helpful for us to cancel an order like that. That hurts us far more than it hurts them.
    Some party poopers rated this a “Pants on Fire” lie....

    The Saudis haven´t bought anywhere near $110 billion in arms.
    Nor has Saudi Arabia ordered anywhere near $450 billion worth of goods.

    Total exports to Saudi Arabia in 2017 were $25.4 billion. “Only” $14.5 billion in arms sales has been agreed upon (not $450 billion or $110 billion). There is no reason at all to think that all of these will be bought though.


    The over one million jobs becomes quite ridiculous if you compare it to the offered exports to the Saudis.
    In 2015, the US Commerce Department said exports supported “165,000 jobs" for a export total of $29.7 billion (that´s higher than in 2017). This means that the United States gets .0000056 per job on average.
    If we take the $110 billion in arms sales as a “fact” (which it isn´t) they could generate more than 600,000 jobs. If we take the agreed upon $14.5 billion, this would support “only” 81,200 jobs.

    The arms experts have said that arm sales typically take 3 or more years to complete. When you take this into account the $14.5 billion won´t be bought in 2019 alone and the amount of generated jobs would be even much lower: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...llion-saudi-o/
    Last edited by Firestarter; 05-01-2019 at 08:49 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts.
    Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-world/page3

  24. #21

    https://twitter.com/bon2_o1sav4tjkp/...78547479547909

    Ex-CENTCOM Iraqi Freedom chief knows the sunni/wahabbi/proxy skeleton closet intimately....
    rubbin shoulders and doin 'favors' with global/hegemon/NATO and intelligence crime syndicate in Erbil for years...
    then a stint in 2016 to the Ukraine to militarize and lethalize for Porky and the neo nazi thugs including cross border targeting and stealth ops.
    (I would be willing to BET he was the 'brains' behind organizing the assassinations of Givi (2017) and DNR President Zakharchenko (2018).
    He's not done yet.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 05-03-2019 at 02:36 PM.

  25. #22
    MAGA's foreign policy is not perfect and seems to have been hijacked by neocons (over which it may lose 2020 unless Dem leaders managed to play fake opposition successfully)... but criticism should be done without using controversial words that tend to shut down debate.

    Rep. Tulsi Gabbard says Trump is "Saudi Arabia's bitch" in tweet

  26. #23
    Hell Toupee Donald...



    https://twitter.com/kambrone64/statu...92922989355013

  27. #24
    What do the real presidents, Javanka, Bolton & Pompeo say?

    Average it out and make your best guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    DACA S**thole Dreamers - Make America Great Again?



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  30. #26
    MAGA.


    CNN‏@CNN
    Exclusive: When Murtaja Qureiris was 10, he led protests demanding rights for Saudi Arabia’s Shia minority. Now, at the age of 18, he faces the death penalty
    https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/...-penalty-intl/







    Deir Ezzor... member how we blew all their bridges cept 4 the ones ISIS used??? I do.


    https://twitter.com/ahmadalissa/stat...59471946543105

  31. #27
    It looks like President Donald has been working hard to get more jobs producing arms in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia...

    In a May 24 letter, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo notified congressional leaders of the national emergency declaration, waiving congressional review for 22 separate arms sales to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates totaling $8.1 billion.
    The arms package, previously blocked by Congress, includes 120,000 precision-guided bombs from Raytheon to the coalition. These will add to the tens of thousands of bombs that the Saudis and UAE have already stockpiled, so they could continue fighting in Yemen practically indefinitely. It also includes support for Saudi F-15 warplanes, mortars, anti-tank missiles and .50-caliber rifles.

    The emergency declaration also allows Raytheon Company to build high-tech bomb parts in Saudi Arabia. This information was first reported last Monday.
    The bomb parts to be jointly build by Raytheon and the Saudis include the control systems, guidance electronics and circuit cards for the Paveway “smart” bombs. According to Representative Ted Lieu, it seemed “to serve no purpose other than to forfeit our technology and prevent future congressional oversight”.
    Possibly the Saudis will copy the technology and use it to produce their own weapons, which they could use for example in Yemen or sell to other countries (without US Congress having a say).

    Raytheon executives have made their way into high-ranking positions.
    In 2017, Raytheon’s former vice president for government relations, Mark T. Esper, became Army secretary.

    According to the Times, Saudi Arabia has "ordered more than 27,000 missiles worth at least $1.8 billion from Raytheon alone" of which "about $650 million of those Raytheon orders came after the Saudi war in Yemen began".
    In May 2017, Raytheon signed a deal to work closely with the Saudi Arabian Military Industries Company. It is unclear whether the new production deal is part of that plan.

    On Wednesday, several Members of US Congress - , including Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham and Robert Menendez - announced that they would introduce “measures” against the arms deals. The “coalition” must just as terrified of the terrorist-supporting UN as the toothless Congress by now...
    Rand Paul commented:
    Few nations should be trusted less than Saudi Arabia. In recent years, they have fomented human atrocities, repeatedly lied to the United States and have proved to be a reckless regional pariah. It is concerning and irresponsible for the United States to continue providing them arms.
    Is Saudi Arabia really worse than the US, UK, Israel or the Netherlands?!?

    Malinowski, a top human rights official under President Obama, said the bombs will be used in Yemen, not for defending Saudi Arabia or UAE from Iran, as Trump administration officials have claimed: http://archive.is/8uqQe
    (original here: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/07/u...-raytheon.html)
    Last edited by Firestarter; 06-08-2019 at 08:23 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts.
    Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-world/page3

  32. #28
    According to another thread in which a mod changed the title simply because Trump lies so nothing he says can be taken seriously, even when he says things we have been waiting to hear for a long time.

    Thats all or nothing libertarianism for ya, folks.

    I asked for that specific mod to step forward, nada.
    How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    It looks like President Donald has been working hard to get more jobs producing arms in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia...

    In a May 24 letter, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo notified congressional leaders of the national emergency declaration, waiving congressional review for 22 separate arms sales to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates totaling $8.1 billion.
    The arms package, previously blocked by Congress, includes 120,000 precision-guided bombs from Raytheon to the coalition. These will add to the tens of thousands of bombs that the Saudis and UAE have already stockpiled, so they could continue fighting in Yemen practically indefinitely. It also includes support for Saudi F-15 warplanes, mortars, anti-tank missiles and .50-caliber rifles.

    The emergency declaration also allows Raytheon Company to build high-tech bomb parts in Saudi Arabia. This information was first reported last Monday.
    The bomb parts to be jointly build by Raytheon and the Saudis include the control systems, guidance electronics and circuit cards for the Paveway “smart” bombs. According to Representative Ted Lieu, it seemed “to serve no purpose other than to forfeit our technology and prevent future congressional oversight”.
    Possibly the Saudis will copy the technology and use it to produce their own weapons, which they could use for example in Yemen or sell to other countries (without US Congress having a say).

    Raytheon executives have made their way into high-ranking positions.
    In 2017, Raytheon’s former vice president for government relations, Mark T. Esper, became Army secretary.

    According to the Times, Saudi Arabia has "ordered more than 27,000 missiles worth at least $1.8 billion from Raytheon alone" of which "about $650 million of those Raytheon orders came after the Saudi war in Yemen began".
    In May 2017, Raytheon signed a deal to work closely with the Saudi Arabian Military Industries Company. It is unclear whether the new production deal is part of that plan.

    On Wednesday, several Members of US Congress - , including Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham and Robert Menendez - announced that they would introduce “measures” against the arms deals. The “coalition” must just as terrified of the terrorist-supporting UN as the toothless Congress by now...
    Rand Paul commented:
    Is Saudi Arabia really worse than the US, UK, Israel or the Netherlands?!?

    Malinowski, a top human rights official under President Obama, said the bombs will be used in Yemen, not for defending Saudi Arabia or UAE from Iran, as Trump administration officials have claimed: http://archive.is/8uqQe
    (original here: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/07/u...-raytheon.html)
    Filomena Rocha
    @Filomen03258997
    [finally]"A CNN exclusive investigation found that SaudiArabia & its coalition partners transferred the American-made weapons to al Qaeda-linked fighters, Salafi militias & others involved in the Yemen war, violating agreements with the UnitedStates."
    https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/...-lost-us-arms/




    And not only in Yemen. (of course)
    Sad that it takes this long for well paid "journalists" to find out what we've known for years.

  34. #30
    What truly amazes me is the dissonant 'ability' of otherwise thinking minds....
    to somehow divide the actions 'the empire'
    from
    our nation state.
    .... like they're 2 separate things.
    amazing what you can wrap in a flag.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 06-09-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2018, 01:42 PM
  2. Trump pleas for Saudi Arabia to list Aramco in US
    By timosman in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2017, 11:29 AM
  3. Trump In Saudi Arabia - 'Peace In Our Time?'
    By Brian4Liberty in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2017, 09:30 PM
  4. Trump: 'I would want to protect Saudi Arabia'
    By AngryCanadian in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-11-2016, 10:11 AM
  5. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-28-2016, 01:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •