Thread: Unemployment: Record Low. Homelessness: Record High. Something's Fishy.

Unemployment: Record Low. Homelessness: Record High. Something's Fishy.

Unemployment: Record Low. Homelessness: Record High. Something's Fishy.

The economy is booming, we are told. Unemployment is nearly non-existent! Jobs for everyone! But at the same time homelessness is on the rise, leading several major US cities to declare an emergency over the problem. Why the discrepancy? Are government stats wrong?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In B4 Zippy pops up to tell us the Bureau of Labor is right to tell us the homeless aren't unemployed, they just chose to retire early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

[QUOTE=acptulsa;6788342]In B4 Zippy pops up to tell us the Bureau of Labor is right to tell us the homeless aren't unemployed, they just chose to retire early.[/QUOTE

Employment numbers are B.S.

Government definition of unemployment

Being involuntarily out of work. The government defines unemployed as people who are jobless, looking for jobs, and available for work.

What if I voluntarily choose to not work, not look, and be not available? Am I considered employed?
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 04-27-2019 at 12:03 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

Being involuntarily out of work. The government defines unemployed as people who are jobless, looking for jobs, and available for work.

What if I voluntarily choose to not work, not look, and be not available? Am I considered employed?
    If you are not working and not looking for a job, you are not considered in the labor force and are not considered unemployed. They only worry about jobs for people who want one and are trying to find one.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-27-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If you are not working and not looking for a job, you are not considered in the labor force and are not considered unemployed.
    But if you are employed full time, to troll on libertarian forums you are considered what ,
    not looking for a real job , or gainfully employed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    But if you are employed full time, to troll on libertarian forums you are considered what ,
    not looking for a real job , or gainfully employed ?
    + rep

What if I consider myself in the work force although not employed or looking since I identify as a participant? I have a trophy to show for it.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I make as much money without working as I did when I was working and am not looking for a job . I am not homeless as long as I pay my property tax . How do they count me ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    + rep

What if I consider myself in the work force although not employed or looking since I identify as a participant? I have a trophy to show for it.
    : )

Everyone gets a trophy , its the law. :hammer:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I make as much money without working as I did when I was working and am not looking for a job . I am not homeless as long as I pay my property tax . How do they count me ?
    Well first off , you are renting from the gobt, we all are, so good on you....... : )

Homelessness isn't at a record high.

I didn't watch the video, so I'm not sure what statistic they're referring to for that. It might be referring to some specific places where it's at a record high, but not nationwide.

Would any company willingly hire a Homeless Person over an Illegal Immigrant? ... and looking at the big companies, hopefully mom and pop shops are a bit more compassionate than any company that builds an AI to FIRE as many "inefficient employees" as possible in order to maximize their revenue streams. The real question here is how did these people become homeless to begin with. Corporate greed? Mental Illness as the case with many War Vets? Fell thru the cracks? Kicked out because they were not willing to take a bite of Corporate Americas big $#@! SANDWICH?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Not in the Labor Force (figures for April 2019). https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpseea38.htm

Total Not In the Labor Force (thousands): 96,596

Do Not Want A Job Now: 91,645

Want A Job: 4,951

Of those who want a job:

Did Not Look For One in the Past Year: 2,892 (do they really want a job if they aren't even looking for one?)

Searched Past Year but Not Past Four Weeks: 2,059

Not Available To Work Now: 642

Available for Work: 1,417

Discouraged over Job Prospects: 454

Why don't the 92 million say they don't want a job now?

https://www.bls.gov/opub/btn/volume-...ey-working.htm
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-06-2019 at 01:34 PM.

It was a record high/record low

"It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate