Thread: Mississippi flag ordered out of park near Statue of Liberty

Mississippi flag ordered out of park near Statue of Liberty

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy on Friday ordered that the Mississippi flag, which carries a Confederate emblem, be replaced by the American flag at a state park that overlooks the Statue of Liberty.
    Murphy ordered the removal of Mississippi's flag from a display of each state's flag at Liberty State Park, a preserve of more than 1,200 acres in Jersey City that overlooks Ellis Island and Lady Liberty.
    Murphy is a first-term Democrat and a self-styled progressive who regularly cited the Emma Lazarus poem at the statue's base that invites immigrants to America.
    New Jersey, he said, is rooted in diversity, and the flag doesn't fit.
    "The Confederate symbol displayed on the Mississippi state flag is reprehensible and does not reflect our values of inclusivity and equality," he said in a statement.
    The Mississippi flag includes the Confederate battle emblem in the upper left corner. The emblem has a red field topped by a blue X, dotted with 13 white stars. It has appeared on Mississippi's flag since 1894.
    Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant, a Republi can, said in a statement Friday: "I'm disappointed in Gov. Murphy's actions. As I have repeatedly said, the voters of Mississippi should decide what the state flag is or is not."

Murphy said he made the decision after Democratic state Sen. Sandra Cunningham raised the issue with him.
    Cunningham said in a statement that the flag symbolized "an era of hate, violence, and division."
    Mississippians who voted in a 2001 statewide election chose to keep the flag.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/mississippi-f...202011774.html

It's time to expel New Jersey from the union.

The union won't last much longer at this rate anyway.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the comments:

After the Revolutionary War, many northern states rapidly passed laws to abolish slavery, but New Jersey did not abolish it until 1804, and then in a process of gradual emancipation similar to that of New York. But, in New Jersey, some slaves were held as late as 1865.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If I was a mississippi flag I would have already left new jersey . Place has gone to hell . the Pine Barrens are on fire and there are not even any reports of the New Jersey Devil eating any SJW children .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    From the comments:

After the Revolutionary War, many northern states rapidly passed laws to abolish slavery, but New Jersey did not abolish it until 1804, and then in a process of gradual emancipation similar to that of New York. But, in New Jersey, some slaves were held as late as 1865.
    Mississippi ratified the 13th Amendment and abolished slavery in 2013 . Takes a long time to undo damage of Dems.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Murphy said he made the decision after Democratic state Sen. Sandra Cunningham raised the issue with him.
    Cunningham said in a statement that the flag symbolized "an era of hate, violence, and division."
    Mississippians who voted in a 2001 statewide election chose to keep the flag.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/mississippi-f...202011774.html

It's time to expel New Jersey from the union.

The union won't last much longer at this rate anyway.
    Color me shocked...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

I don't understand... Mississippi tried to leave the union but were stopped by doing so. Now they seem to have the same yanks wanting them to leave the union, or at least not be counted as part of it? I'm confused.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Color me shocked...

That’s
    a man!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

One complaint, and a flag or statue is removed. Of course some complaints are more equal than others.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One complaint, and a flag or statue is removed. Of course some complaints are more equal than others.
    In the mean time it takes 5 fatal accidents accrued caused by a pothole before that pothole is filled. Priorities...

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    That’s
    a man!