Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Satanic Temple Has Evolved Into An Anti-Trump Movement, And Leftists Are Flocking To It

The Satanic Temple Has Evolved Into An Anti-Trump Movement, And Leftists Are Flocking To It

The Satanic Temple is the perfect religion for progressives.
    You can believe anything you want, as long as you hate what Donald Trump, Christians and conservatives believe. Unlike the Church of Satan, the Satanic Temple doesn’t even believe in a supernatural entity called Satan. Instead, they celebrate Satan as “the ultimate rebel”, and they relish in using the symbol of Satan to greatly upset Christians. The Satanic Temple was founded in 2013, and from the very beginning it was clear that they were primarily a political movement. In fact, they openly tell prospective members that the only real requirement for joining is to believe “in the political and secular actions” of the group
    “If there’s a local chapter where you are, to join you do have to be accepted, but there’s no initiation or anything. You don’t even have to be a Satanist, you can just be a strong ally who believes in the political and secular actionswithout being super stoked about all the aesthetic aspects.”
    Previously, Satanism in America had always been a shadowy underground movement, but the Satanic Temple has changed all that.
    Instead of avoiding the public eye, they believe that their rebellion against conservatives and Christians “requires a level of political participation”
    ‘Traditionally, Satanists practice very privately, closed doors, black candles, black metal music, but with the Satanic philosophy being where Satanism represents rebellion against arbitrary authority, we believe it requires a level of political participation. I think that we need to go into the public sphere and announce ourselves without shame.’
    The organization grew rapidly after it was founded, but if Hillary Clinton had won the 2016 election that probably would have put a damper on their political activism.

But once Donald Trump won the election, interest in the group absolutely exploded
    “The Satanic Temple attracted ‘thousands’ of new members in just the first 36 hours after the election of Donald Trump,” the group reported. “The 4-year-old temple, which had a pre-Trump membership of around 50,000, has never before seen a spike in registration nearly this big.”
    “We’re definitely a resistance movement,” spokesperson and co-founder Lucien Greaves said after a speech outside the University of Colorado Boulder. “We stand in stark opposition to this idea that we must unify under a single religious banner.”
    Thanks to a favorable new documentary about the group, it is getting a lot of attention right now.
    And even many leftists that have absolutely no intention of joining the Satanic Temple are saying very positive things about the organization. For example, the following comes from a Huffington Post article entitled “Satan Is Having A Moment”
    Satanists, it turns out, are everything you think they’re not: patriotic, charitable, ethical, equality-minded, dedicated to picking up litter with pitchforks on an Arizona highway.
    That much is clear in the fantastic new documentary “Hail Satan?” — which chronicles the rise of the Satanic Temple, a movement that has little to do with its titular demon. Founded in 2013, the organization is equal parts modern-day religion, political activist coalition and meta cultural revolution. By reclaiming the pop iconography that has long frightened evangelical America ― devil worship, ritualistic sacrifice, horns, pentagrams, the so-called Black Mass ― the Satanic Temple aims to catch people’s attention and then surprise them with messages of free speech, compassion, liberty and justice for all.
    Positive articles like that make members of the Satanic Temple sound like civic-minded do-gooders that just want to make a positive impact on society, but the truth is that they absolutely loathe everything that conservatives and Christians stand for.
    They really hate President Trump, and they really, really hate Vice-President Pence. Just consider what one of the co-founders of the Satanic Temple recently said about Pence
    “[President Trump] is too stupid to predict; the guy has no concept of his own limitations. The thing that makes me most comfortable with Trump is the fact that he has no vision. Mike Pence really scares me,” Lucien Greaves told The Daily Beast in an interview published on Wednesday. “Pence has a clear, theocratic vision for the United States.”
    And despite the fact that they claim that they “don’t worship Satan”, the group does celebrate the black mass, it does conduct Pentagram rituals, and it does seek to put statues of Baphomet up in prominent public locations.
    As the group continues to grow, their national influence undoubtedly will as well.
    Perhaps it is appropriate that the Satanic Temple has gained such prominence. In our society today, we are literally locked in a battle of good vs. evil for the future of our nation, and it seems quite fitting that Satan has become a key symbol for the other side.
    To me, the Satanic Temple is more than just a little bit hypocritical. They claim to not believe in any supernatural entities, and yet they were just granted tax-exempt status “as a church” by the Internal Revenue Service…
    The Satanic Temple has been officially recognized as a church by the Internal Revenue Service, three months after taking Sundance by storm as the subject of the documentary “Hail Satan?” According to an announcement from “Hail Satan?” distributor Magnolia Pictures, the temple is now eligible for the tax-exempt status given to other religious institutions.
    Either they are a “faith” or they are not.
    Unfortunately, I have a feeling that there is a lot more to the Satanic Temple than meets the eye.
    Just like their hero, the leaders of the Satanic Temple appear to be experts in deception, and they are leading thousands upon thousands of people down a very dark path.

https://www.infowars.com/the-satanic...locking-to-it/

LOL

GEOTUS Protects!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This group of communist posing as democrats clearly are part of this Satanic Temple.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

This is some straight up bizarre $#@!, maybe you should step away from the computer more Swordy.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This is some straight up bizarre $#@!, maybe you should step away from the computer more Swordy.

Don't you see? People don't oppose Trump because he's a toxically narcissistic sociopathic authoritarian douchebag. They oppose him because they're leftist satanists. SATANISTS! It's all becoming clear.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Don't you see? People don't oppose Trump because he's a toxically narcissistic sociopathic authoritarian douchebag. They oppose him because they're leftist satanists. SATANISTS! It's all becoming clear.
    Left field is getting pretty crowded.
    "The Patriarch"

Well , confirms what I have said for decades . Leftists are satanists .
    Do something Danke

Left field is getting pretty crowded.

Brother, I think this is way, WAY beyond left field. But I think you and I are basically on the same page.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Brother, I think this is way, WAY beyond left field. But I think you and I are basically on the same page.
    Thanks for helping keep this bumped.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This group of communist posing as democrats clearly are part of this Satanic Temple.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    There is a reason I call them Demoncrats and it becomes clearer every year.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Satanic Temple: IRS has designated it a tax-exempt church

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...cfb_story.html

April 25

SALEM, Mass. — The Satanic Temple says it’s been designated a church by the Internal Revenue Service.

The Salem, Massachusetts-based organization provided The Associated Press with a notice it recently received communicating its new tax-exempt status. The letter used a code that classifies it as a “church or a convention or association of churches.”

The group is now listed in an IRS database for tax-exempt organizations. An email seeking comment was sent to the IRS.

The group says the designation will help in religious discrimination legal cases and allow it to pursue faith-based government grants.

The “non-theistic” group advocates for a stricter separation of church and state. It placed a statue of the goat-headed creature Baphomet at the Arkansas State Capitol last year to call for the removal of a Ten Commandments monument.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Satanic Temple: IRS has designated it a tax-exempt church

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...cfb_story.html
    It's not called the Infernal Revenue Service for nothing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Woemen...

#MagicResistance: The Rise of Feminist Witchcraft

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/1...inist-witches/

by CHARLIE NASH17 Dec 2017522

From organizing mass hexes to setting up witch-themed Etsy stores, the feminist movement and witchcraft are becoming increasingly entwined.

In an article this week, feminist and author Laurie Penny documented the “boom in online occultism” and why feminists are so attracted to witchcraft.

“Days after Donald Trump won the U.S. election, videos of women ‘hexing’ Trump went viral around the world, encouraging budding magical practitioners to burn images of the president-elect to bring his works to ruin,” reported Penny on Wednesday. “Meanwhile, an entire explosive industry of witch-paraphernalia is boiling out of the cauldron of digital consumer culture.”

“You can buy your crocheted bat-bunting and your broomstick-decals on Etsy, while a couple of clicks away anonymous web artisans peddle laptop stickers declaring the owner, with more or less accuracy, a daughter of the witches they weren’t able to burn,” she explained. “Commodification is usually a poisoned apple for movements like this, but there’s a proud legacy of repurposing the witch-aesthetic for radical ends.”

The two scenes have become so intertwined that the term “witch” has even started to become synonymous with “feminist,” as online stores such as Witchsy sell feminist witch-themed goods.

Dozens of witch-related products, ranging from pentagram-decorated clothing to “I’m a witch, you’re a bitch” pins, can be found on Witchsy among more typical feminist merchandise, while searching “feminist witch” on Etsy returns over 750 results.

Though a large percentage of “feminist witches” undoubtedly limit themselves to the aesthetic alone, an increase in political mass hexes shows a portion of the movement delves deeper.

Following President Trump’s inauguration, witches, covens, and even A-list celebrities started to hex the president with frequent “spells.”

In July, Lana Del Rey admitted to casting a spell on President Trump, and in October, Vox reported that thousands of members of the “resistance witches” had been casting spells against the president each month.

“On a typical Wednesday, by the light of the waning moon, Kate Doucette joined several thousand strangers on the internet in casting a spell to ‘bind’ Donald Trump,” Vox declared. “Doucette — which is her married name, not her legal name — is one of the ‘resistance witches,’ an at least 13,000-strong umbrella group of internet neo-pagans, Wiccans, solo practitioners who self-identify as ‘hedge witches,’ longtime magical practitioners in various traditions, and committed activists.”

“They’ve come together each month since Trump’s inauguration with one goal: to perform a spell — equal parts quasi-religious ritual and activist performance — to ‘bind’ the president, forming a collective known as the #MagicResistance,” they explained.

So what’s binding feminism and witchcraft?

According to Laurie Penny, “A general sense of powerlessness in a chaotic and competitive society, along with a revived interest in forms of feminism that don’t care who they frighten, may explain the growing appeal of hedge magic as a cultural aesthetic as much as a practice.”

The craze for witchery displays an encouragingly wide understanding that for social change to happen someone has to feel threatened. The paraphernalia of skulls and guts and ravens are merely a uniform that declares intent. I am not a nice, compliant creature, not a princess in training. I am something else. Something darker. There are more like me. Best beware.

Pissing off your overpious relations is as good an excuse as any to dabble in magic—and a good many modern practitioners are spiritual refugees of one sort or another from patriarchal, monotheistic religions as practiced in, for example, large parts of the United States. I’m convinced that part of the reason I first started getting interested in tarot and cartoon spellcraft at a tender age was to annoy my grandmother, who would have made a formidable witch herself had she not got married too young, as so many of her generation did, to some layabout called Jesus Christ who left her to raise six kids with nothing but the promise of salvation.

The feminist witches also see those women persecuted during the 17th century Salem witch trials as their late comrades — tortured and murdered by the patriarchy.

Still, the increase in feminist witchcraft hasn’t led to entirely receptive reactions from others in the witch community.

“The ‘witchblr’ community appropriates non-white cultures (Native American, Yoruba, Hindu, Caribbean, Romani, and so on) and comes up with a lot of $#@!ty excuses for that,” complained one witch to the Verge, who wrote an article about “how witches took over Tumblr in 2017.”

And the community hasn’t been without its controversies; most notably 2015’s “Boneghazi,” where witches fought over the ethics of grave-robbing.

But the trend doesn’t appear to be declining anytime soon, with one follower of the late Anton LaVey’s Church of Satan claiming “the Trump era is an era of an occult renaissance.”

“Occultism keeps becoming more socially relevant in times of economic hardships and political strife,” the user proclaimed.

On the other hand, maybe witchcraft is just an excuse for feminists to pretend to be Hogwarts students from their beloved Harry Potter series.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Hillary Clinton Joins International Elite Coven (Yes, really.)
    https://www.fulcrumnews.com/blog/201...ven-yes-really

Earlier this week, Hillary Clinton made an appearance in New York City
    speaking to a group of women who practice witchcraft and openly call themselves a coven.
    According to The Wing’s Instagram page: “We’re a coven, not a sorority.”

The Wing

“We were so excited to get to open in Washington, D.C., under the presidency of Hillary Clinton,
    and it has taken such a different turn than anyone expected,”

Since Trump’s victory, The Wing has grown exponentially — it opened two more locations in New York
    and has just announced plans to open six more, in London, Toronto, Williamsburg, L.A., San Francisco, and Seattle —
    and has remained a hub of political activity.

The Wing is fairly open about their organization being a coven, although still somewhat subtle.
    Often times they are simply referred to as an “Exclusive, Members-Only Feminist Club.”
    However, there are clear undertones suggesting all the members are practicing witches.

During the event, Hillary was awarded an honorary lifetime Wing membership and was welcomed by the interviewers as the “newest member of our coven” in front of a room filled with cheering members. Click Here

For decades it has been rumored that Hillary Clinton practiced witchcraft and was involved with various covens throughout the years. Most famously, former Clinton employee Larry Nichols described numerous times in which Hillary would practice witchcraft with a Californian-based coven one week and the next she would be going to church as if nothing happened. Up until Hillary lost the election, there was thought to be a concerted effort to hide her visits to these covens. Yet, she seems to be joining self-proclaimed covens right in the open and the media once again, has little to say on the matter.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Oddly, the Satanic Temple is actually quite the reverse philosophically to the Church of Satan, whose founder espoused what were essentially Objectivist and libertarian ideas. This group just seems like a socialist social club.

It's all predicated on the simple premise that if evil people oppose you, you must be doing something right. This assertion is so simple that any idiot can grasp it. And the more valid doubts they have about their own actions, and the more they think they have to gain, the harder they hang on to that delusion that evil can't be at odds with evil.

Of course, if evil groups were never at odds with each other, nobody would know what the phrase "gang war" means. It would have no meaning.

Partisan politics in this country has devolved to the level of a gang war. The challenge for the sane people is, the Crips will call you one of the Bloods, and the Bloods will call you one of the Crips. That, and/or they will inflate the importance of the Crips and the Bloods so much that you will be afraid to try to stand against both evil gangs.

To say the lesser of two evils is not evil is to exist in a state of perpetual denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Thanks for helping keep this bumped.
    Our pleasure. Sane people delight in helping you make an ass of yourself.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-26-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    yup

l00ks that way
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It's all predicated on the simple premise that if evil people oppose you, you must be doing something right. This assertion is so simple that any idiot can grasp it. And the more valid doubts they have about their own actions, and the more they think they have to gain, the harder they hang on to that delusion that evil can't be at odds with evil.

Of course, if evil groups were never at odds with each other, nobody would know what the phrase "gang war" means. It would have no meaning.

Partisan politics in this country has devolved to the level of a gang war. The challenge for the sane people is, the Crips will call you one of the Bloods, and the Bloods will call you one of the Crips. That, and/or they will inflate the importance of the Crips and the Bloods so much that you will be afraid to try to stand against both evil gangs.

To say the lesser of two evils is not evil is to exist in a state of perpetual denial.
    Trump is the least of all possible goods and his enemies are the worst of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Our pleasure. Sane people delight in helping you make an ass of yourself.
    That must explain the positive feedback and +reps I'm getting.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How mentally deranged these people have become.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Oh FFS, most our ruling class are "satanists", followers of Sabbatai Zevi's "1666" doctrine of converting to whatever is necessary (religious, political, monarchical, etc) to infiltrate and take power, thus creating false paradigms of controlled opposition. Trump was sure to display the various hand signs indicating that he was on board, also.

(someone famous said something about having eyes to see and ears to hear....)
    Last edited by devil21; 05-18-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Bone spur on his feet would make wearing that armor for any length of time a nightmare. Maybe something with less armor would do him good.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Bone spur on his feet would make wearing that armor for any length of time a nightmare. Maybe something with less armor would do him good.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good marketing to recruit members on the part of The Temple.

Have some sympathy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgnClrx8N2k

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Did anyone read the book "Marx & Satan", claiming Marx was a secret satanist?

Not really that crazy . They were last seen recruiting where Zip went to college . These are just typical modern democrats .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-19-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    Did anyone read the book "Marx & Satan", claiming Marx was a secret satanist?
    No but I believe it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast