Thread: John McAfee Vows to Unmask Crypto’s Satoshi Nakamoto, Then Backs Off

John McAfee Vows to Unmask Crypto’s Satoshi Nakamoto, Then Backs Off

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-within-days

McAfee says lots of things. He also claims that bitcoin will be worth $1 million each by the end of the year. He said he was going to stay and fight the IRS over tax evasion but then hopped on a boat and fled the country. He also says he is running for President. He just likes publicity.

ohn McAfee, the eccentric antivirus pioneer known for his brushes with the law, said he has spoken with Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto and plans to reveal the person’s identity.

But the timing of the announcement is up in the air. After previously telling Bloomberg he would expose Nakamoto “within a week,” he backed off the plan. McAfee said Tuesday on Twitter the controversy could hurt his efforts to fight an extradition to the U.S.
    https://www.ccn.com/mcafee-satoshi-nakamoto-furious

Marketing and politics go hand in hand. McAfee is likely going to make a run at the U.S. presidency. Skeptics and non-skeptics alike might suggest that the Satoshi talk is nothing more than a way to keep his name in the spotlight. In another extremely amusing happenstance, Bloomberg (probably in desperation to get clicks out of a wasted interview) released some glorious quotes from an interview with the cybersecurity entrepreneur that one can only describe as prime McAfee:

“People forget that I am a technologist, I am one of the best. My entire life I’ve been tracking people who are the best in the world at hiding their identity. Finding Satoshi was a piece of cake for me.”

Don’t worry there’s more. Big John claims that he has actually spoken to Satoshi, and the “technologist” has struck a nerve with the bitcoin creator:

“I’ve spoken with him, and he is not a happy camper about my attempt to out him.”

It’s pure gold; the fact that only two short quotes were useable for Bloomberg’s article is even more amusing. This has been fun while it lasted though, and you can’t deny the conviction that the security guru displayed.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He also claims that bitcoin will be worth $1 million each by the end of the year.

He said it would be $1 million by 2020. If it happens in December of 2020, then it got to $1 million by 2020. So it's the end of next year.

Why can't you ever make an informational post that isn't 80% wrong??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

He said it would be $1 million by 2020. If it happens in December of 2020, then it got to $1 million by 2020. So it's the end of next year.

Why can't you ever make an informational post that isn't 80% wrong??
    So If somebody was meeting you somewhere and they said, "I'll be there by 10pm" you wouldn't consider them late until 11pm?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So If somebody was meeting you somewhere and they said, "I'll be there by 10pm" you wouldn't consider them late until 11pm?
    10pm is 10:00pm.

2020 is not January 1, 2020. It's all year. If somebody said "I'll see you in 2020", that doesn't mean January 1, 2020 either.. unless you're at a New Years Eve party or something. Usually it is a cheeky coworker and they mean January 2, 2020. But if somebody said that to you in 2017, for example, it probably wouldn't be January 1, 2020.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-24-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2020 is not January 1, 2020. It's all year. If somebody said "I'll see you in 2020", that doesn't mean January 1, 2020 either.. unless you're at a New Years Eve party or something. Usually it is a cheeky coworker and they mean January 2, 2020. But if somebody said that to you in 2017, for example, it probably wouldn't be January 1, 2020.
    You left out "BY" which is key to the phrase. I'll see you BY 2020 is different than IN 2020. I know you aren't ESL, so stop playing games with yourself.

McAfee is a joke.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

He did actually say "December 31st" which I forgot and focused on the 2020 bit. If not, he promised he will eat his own willie on television. In terms of market capitilization, I think I saw numbers which said it would require $20 trillion be used to buy bitcoins and hold them.

https://beincrypto.com/million-dolla...e-to-be-right/

At $1 million each, the entire circulating supply of an estimated 18 million Bitcoins will achieve a market capitalization of $21 trillion. In total, this would be worth around 25 percent of the world’s entire circulating money supply, allowing Bitcoin to realistically cover the day-to-day volume necessary to compete as a truly global currency.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-25-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

MAX
    KAISER

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Countdown seems to be leading to the CoinDesk Conference Consensus 2019. Just promoting that? https://www.coindesk.com/events/consensus-2019

I right clicked on the site and hit "view page source". Down towards the bottom it says:

<input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="email" id="mce-EMAIL" placeholder="Enter Your Email Here" required>
    <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-04-2019 at 05:45 PM.

I doubt McAfee reveals that Satoshi is the NSA and MIT, though I wouldn't be surprised if McAfee does speak with the NSA.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-06-2019 at 08:34 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

So what was the Big Event the countdown supposedly led to?