Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republican lawmakers want to make child drag shows illegal

Republican lawmakers want to make child drag shows illegal

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/04/2...shows-illegal/

22nd April 2019

Republican lawmakers are trying to clamp down on child drag shows

Republican lawmakers in Ohio have filed a bill that would clamp down on drag performances by minors as “child exploitation.”

Ohio representative Tim Schaffer has proposed a bill in the state legislature seeking to clamp down on performances by “a child under eighteen years of age or a mentally or physically handicapped child under twenty-one years of age,” in a response to a performance by a nine-year-old drag queen.

Offenders could face up to six months in prison and a $1000 fine, while violations of the law could lead to venues being stripped of their liquor licenses.

Ohio Republicans want to outlaw child drag show
    In a release, Schaffer confirmed the bill was a response to “a performance by a child in a local bar [that] concerned numerous citizens throughout Fairfield County.”

Nine-year-old performer Jacob Measley and his family have faced a tidal wave of threats and abuse after he performed as “Miss Mae Hem” as a drag event.

His mother Jerri Measley explained told the Toledo Blade that her son decided to take up drag after watching RuPaul’s Drag Race.

Measley added that she does not allow her son to perform to songs with sexual lyrics, and that she closely monitors his performances, which consist of dance moves he learned in gymnastics and dance class.

She said: “Jacob is just a guy who likes to dress up and dance and feel pretty… it’s kind of like Halloween every time he has the opportunity to do it.”

Republican lawmaker Tim Schaffer compares child drag show to human trafficking
    Schaffer claimed that show was “a very bad example of parenting,” and likened the performance to human trafficking.

He said: “Given our heightened focus on human trafficking and the role money plays in trafficking children, I knew I had to take action to make sure this activity does not occur again.

“We can do better to protect innocent children and we must do better.”

Schaffer’s bill is co-sponsored by eight other Republican lawmakers, the majority of whom have anti-LGBT records.

They are John Becker, Timothy Ginter, Candice R. Keller, Bernadine Kennedy Kent, Craig S. Riedel, Kent Smith, Fred Strahorn and A. Nino Vitale

The specific wording of the bill would outlaw any performance “that suggests a minor is participating or engaging in sexual activity, masturbation, or bestiality and that, taken as a whole by the average person applying contemporary community standards, appeals to prurient interest.”

There was no suggestion in the show that Measley was “participating or engaging in sexual activity, masturbation, or bestiality,” but campaigners are worried that it could be used to clamp down indiscriminately.

Local LGBT+ campaigner Kristen Angelo said: “There is nothing wrong with what Jacob is doing. Nothing sexual, nothing inappropriate.”

The mayor of Lancaster, David Scheffler, stressed that contrary to claims being spread online, the performer “was fully clothed and was not touched by anyone in the audience.”

He added that there “have been serious threats of violence” following misleading claims being spread about the performance.

Other underage drag performers like Desmond Napoles have had a similar backlash.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the hell with legal

I am concerned with those that want to make it Normal.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-23-2019 at 01:41 PM. Reason: m
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    the hell with legal

I an concerned with those that want to make it Normal.
    This.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

His mother Jerri Measley explained told the Toledo Blade that her son decided to take up drag after watching RuPaul’s Drag Race.
    It all starts with parenting.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Will they exempt Injun? @oyarde

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Those arent child drag queens. There is a difference.
    What leftists want is sickness. They want children to strip with strippers at sex clubs and strip joints.

the hell with legal

If it was good enough for J. Edgar Hoover...
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

My people do not participate in dressing children as different genders . As Great Sagamore I pronounce that child abuse . Children have jobs , it is the job of the child to have fun and learn . That does not include the perverse and unnatural .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Those arent child drag queens. There is a difference.
    What leftists want is sickness. They want children to strip with strippers at sex clubs and strip joints.
    Do you have Aspergers Syndrome by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    He's absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    My people do not participate in dressing children as different genders .
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

What did i say that was offending? because leftists want this behavior to countine at strip clubs? what did i say anything wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    What did i say that was offending? because leftists want this behavior to countine at strip clubs? what did i say anything wrong?
    It has nothing to do with being offended (and I don't see how you would gather from my question that I was offended). It's just the way you were oblivious to obvious sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    He's absolutely right.
    You too?

You too?
    Sexual exploitation of innocent minors or support for sexual exploitation of innocent minors is an illness that should be eradicated. There is absolutely no way to justify it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sexual exploitation of innocent minors or support for sexual exploitation of innocent minors is an illness that should be eradicated. There is absolutely no way to justify it.
    Are you under the impression that you're saying something controversial here?

Are you under the impression that you're saying something controversial here?
    Just stating fact. To support it or ignore it is being complicit and earns the very same level of scrutiny.

Just stating fact. To support it or ignore it is being complicit and earns the very same level of scrutiny.
    That doesn't mean that every time somebody posts another thread on this topic we all have to act somber and reiterate the same righteously indignant platitudes that have already been said here a million times without teasing fellow forum members, Injun or otherwise.

the hell with legal

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pcosmar again.

So? You initiate with an indignant ignorant condescending question like this then spin it as I am the one being indignant for sharing fact? The topic of child exploitation is a very serious topic. There is no "jest" in it anywhere. Your reply implies that you defend the topic from those who condemn it.

Ass...burgers?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

So? You initiate with an indignant ignorant condescending question like this then spin it as I am the one being indignant for sharing fact? The topic of child exploitation is a very serious topic. There is no "jest" in it anywhere. Your reply implies that you defend the topic from those who condemn it.
    I think we can all agree that child exploitation is not funny, usually.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I think we can all agree that child exploitation is not funny, usually.
    There are some who have had personal experience and feel that there are predators out there still on two feet who should not be.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does this include pageants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    you too?

Who are you people to judge, transqueeerphobic $#@!lords, every one of you.

God made crossdressing transmen love little boys in makeup, high heels and "$#@!-me" pumps.

And love is love, amirite?

Who are you to deny their love?

GTFO bigots, hate has no home here.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    If it was good enough for J. Edgar Hoover...
    just another reason for concern.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1151763635221520384

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast