Thread: Herbal remedies that increase blood circulation in the feet

Herbal remedies that increase blood circulation in the feet

Herbal remedies that increase blood circulation in the feet

April 20, 2019
    by: Edsel Cook

The feet are a humble but important part of the body. If they are not getting enough fresh blood, they will be unfit for walking. Fortunately, there are natural remedies that can improve blood circulation in the feet.

Poor circulation of blood in the feet can cause considerable pain and make the extremities numb to feeling for long periods of time. These unpleasant sensations can make it very difficult to walk or even stand.

Paying a visit to a healthcare provider can cost a lot of money. The effects of the treatment is also temporary.

Natural remedies offer an alternative way of treating poor blood circulation in the feet. Many of these options may be more effective at improving the blood flow through your feet than the pharmaceutical drugs prescribed by doctors. (Related: The persimmon tree shows promise as a natural remedy that can improve blood circulation.)

Gingko biloba naturally thins the blood so it flows more easily
    Also called “ginkgo” or “gingko,” ginkgo biloba is one of the oldest and best-known medicinal plants found in nature. It has been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years to improve blood circulation.

The leaves of the ginkgo tree contain a natural blood thinner that prevents blood platelets from clumping together. This lowers the chance of a blood clot forming in a blood vessel. Blood clots can block the flow of blood and cause a deadly stroke.

Clearly, ginkgo improves circulation throughout the body. Because of its blood thinning effect, this powerful medicinal herb should not be taken with other medication unless a healthcare provider gives it an okay.

Mother Nature's micronutrient secret: Organic Broccoli Sprout Capsules now available, delivering 280mg of high-density nutrition, including the extraordinary "sulforaphane" and "glucosinolate" nutrients found only in cruciferous healing foods. Every lot laboratory tested. See availability here.

A word of warning when ordering ginkgo from an online store: E-retailers may lie to you about the natural qualities of their products. Get it only from trusted sources.

Eating lots of garlic is good for your feet and the rest of your body
    An alternative way of warding off ailments and illness is to add as much garlic to your diet as your palate can stand. Eating several cloves a day is a natural way to manage blood pressure levels.

Garlic is particularly beneficial for patients with diabetes who often suffer from poor blood circulation. Its antiseptic properties help eliminate microbial infections that might be causing inflammation and swelling.

Furthermore, it can also help decrease the amount of glucose that thickens the blood. In addition, it may lower blood cholesterol levels that will otherwise cause the blood vessels to thicken and stiffen.

By reducing both excess blood sugar and bad cholesterol in the body, garlic confers its beneficial effects on blood pressure. The spice can be considered important to the circulatory system.

These tasty berries are very good for your feet’s blood vessels
    There are more than 1,000 species of shrubs and trees that fall under the collective term of “hawthorn.” The edible berries borne by these plants have medicinal qualities, hence why they were traditionally used to treat circulatory problems.

Eating hawthorn berries on a regular basis will help improve the flow of blood through the body. For best results, the berries can be taken with cayenne pepper, garlic, and ginkgo biloba. The combination of the four plants will do wonders for the circulation of blood in the ankles and feet.

Another fruit that should be high on the list is bilberry. Also called huckleberry, it is usually found in forests and the fields near those woods. Not only does it help alleviate circulatory problems in the feet and the rest of the body, huckleberry also improves vision and eye health.

Sources include:

Homeo-Pathic.esy.es

NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov
    https://naturalnews.com/2019-04-20-h...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Exercise.
    Easier said then done for some people. To exercise with thick and gunky blood is not a good idea, either. First they have to thin the thick and gunky blood first to help their circulation.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Exercise.
    I'm going to absolutely agree with you here. There is nothing that can replace exercise as the most beneficial thing a body can do. Especially blood flow no matter how painful it might be. Suck it up and just do it... The end rewards cannot be equaled.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Easier said then done for some people. To exercise with thick and gunky blood is not a good idea, either. First they have to thin the thick and gunky blood first to help their circulation.
    Baby steps... Hydrate well and start little and work into more. Can't expect to do it overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Baby steps... Hydrate well and start little and work into more. Can't expect to do it overnight.

I totally agree in that regard.

I totally agree in that regard.
    I know it doesn't fit the organic natural herbal program, but an aspirin a day will keep the doctor away until the flow is back to normal if it is very serious and needs immediate results. Then once the swelling goes down exercise from that point on with very good hydration. Even fish oil and fish can help naturally to promote blood flow and thinning with long-chain omega-3 fats like EPA and DHA.

I have seen these work with my dad who has just gone through a year of extreme swelling in the hands and feet caused by low flow. After two weeks of one 80mg dose of aspirin a day he was back to normal with flow. We dropped the aspirin to a child dose for a month and then dropped it altogether. He can now walk a half mile a day and this exercise now controls it completely along with the all important hydration.

I know it doesn't fit the organic natural herbal program, but an aspirin a day will keep the doctor away until the flow is back to normal if it is very serious and needs immediate results. Then once the swelling goes down exercise from that point on with very good hydration. Even fish oil and fish can help naturally to promote blood flow and thinning with long-chain omega-3 fats like EPA and DHA.

I have seen these work with my dad who has just gone through a year of extreme swelling in the hands and feet caused by low flow. After two weeks of one 80mg dose of aspirin a day he was back to normal with flow. We dropped the aspirin to a child dose for a month and then dropped it altogether. He can now walk a half mile a day and this exercise now controls it completely along with the all important hydration.
    You are better off to look into the properties of Turmeric. Aspirin does have it's side effects.

Other references:
    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/sci...ctive-14-drugs

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are better off to look into the properties of Turmeric. Aspirin does have it's side effects.

Other references:
    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/sci...ctive-14-drugs
    I agree... But it takes longer to get the benefits. In a drastic "need to do it now" situation a short term aspirin therapy is pretty hard to beat. Like I say we just went through this with Dad. His Doctor wanted to put him on blood thinners right away and I asked if we could try this first. Fortunately it did work. She gave us the option of dropping him as a patient and no longer fill his other VERY needed meds or take the blood thinners. We were between a rock and a hard place and had no choice. The aspirin were the lesser of two evils. There is no way we can get him into another more understandable doctor for at least 6 months thanks to this Screwed up O-bro care situation. He would have died without his other meds, there are no herbal replacements for these, Trust me... I tried. They have us between a rock and a hard place with the extortion tactics and practices.

I agree... But it takes longer to get the benefits. In a drastic "need to do it now" situation a short term aspirin therapy is pretty hard to beat. Like I say we just went through this with Dad. His Doctor wanted to put him on blood thinners right away and I asked if we could try this first. Fortunately it did work. She gave us the option of dropping him as a patient and no longer fill his other VERY needed meds or take the blood thinners. We were between a rock and a hard place and had no choice. The aspirin were the lesser of two evils. There is no way we can get him into another more understandable doctor for at least 6 months thanks to this Screwed up O-bro care situation. He would have died without his other meds, there are no herbal replacements for these, Trust me... I tried. They have us between a rock and a hard place with the extortion tactics and practices.
    I understand. I am so glad your Dad is doing better.

I understand. I am so glad your Dad is doing better.
    Thank you. Yep, doing well and no aspirin or blood thinners needed now as long as he exercises and stays hydrated.

Muscles in the legs act like the heart in helping circulate the blood. If you don't exercise to move the blood around, it won't go away with pills. Leg muscles help pump fluids back up to the heart. Standing or sitting for long periods causes the fluids to gather in your lower extremities. Move around.

"But I don't like to exercise! I just want a pill to make it go away!"
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-24-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Foot massage.