Thread: AOC Says Cut US Aid to Israel

AOC Says Cut US Aid to Israel

I don't have to agree with everything she says but she is becoming an indispensable voice in congress.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...Fxays.facebook

US Congresswoman, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, has proposed the US cut military and economic aid worth $3 billion a year from Israel in response to the re-election of Benjamin Netanyahu as prime minister.

“I think these are part of conversations we are having in our caucus, but I think what we are really seeing is an ascent of authoritarianism across the world. I think that Netanyahu is a Trump-like figure,” she said during an interview with Yahoo News’ “Skullduggery” podcast.

“I think it is certainly on the table. I think it’s something that can be discussed,” she added referring to cutting the aid.

Ocasio-Cortez explained that there are many ways to protect the Palestinians from Israeli violations including a bill proposed by Democratic Minnesota Representative Betty McCollum that would prohibit US aid to Israel from being used to detain Palestinian children in the West Bank.

READ: Ocasio-Cortez calls out Congress double standards

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged during his election campaign to annex illegal settlements built on the Palestinian lands in the West Bank.

Ocasio-Cortez’s view on Israel and Palestine have received extensive media attention. The Democratic candidate expressed her support for the Palestinians during the Land Day protests in Gaza in which 135 Palestinians were killed by Israeli occupation forces and a further 13,000 were injured.

“This is a massacre,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's a trap to weed out those who do not support Israel sincerely, from the bottom of their hearts and are ready to abandon their masters at the first sign of trouble/defiance. We must continue to show love and support for Israel. Our future depends on it.

Now you can see why I call (AOC) Occasional Cortex, she has this
    one thing 100% , Trump sht on all of us by cutting aid to two impoverished ,
    South American Countries before cutting aid to the den of thieves and
    war criminals.

Thank you 'OAC' for getting something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Now you can see why I call (AOC) Occasional Cortex, she has this
    one thing 100% , Trump sht on all of us by cutting aid to two impoverished ,
    South American Countries before cutting aid to the den of thieves and
    war criminals.

Thank you 'OAC' for getting something right.
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.
    Ha ha....right.

: )