Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple explosions rock Sri Lanka capital on Easter Sunday

Multiple explosions rock Sri Lanka capital on Easter Sunday

Multiple explosions have rocked the Sri Lankan capital of Colombo Easter Sunday morning, according to multiple reports.
    Explosions were reported at churches and hotels as worshippers gathered for Easter service, causing casualties. Sri Lanka security official said 6 near simultaneous blasts hit 3 churches and 3 hotels frequented by tourists, according to the Associated Press.
    A Sri Lanka hospital spokesman said the blasts killed 30 and wounded 283 others.
    The first blast through St. Anthony's Shrine in Colombo.
    Alex Agileson who was in the vicinity said buildings in the surrounding area shook with the blast, according to the Associated Press.
    He said a number of injured were carried in ambulances.
    A second explosion was reported at St. Sebastian's Church in Negombo, a Catholic majority town north of Colombo.
    Sri Lankan security officials say they are checking for details.

https://news.yahoo.com/reports-multi...045034012.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmmm...I wonder if that dizzy broad of a PM in New Zealand will now wear a nun's habit in "solidarity"?

I will also await the world wide outcry and weeping and gnashing of teeth and rending of garments in protest of this violent act of Islamic Supremacism.

What's that you say?...don't hold my breath while I wait???

Why?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hmmm...I wonder if that dizzy broad of a PM in New Zealand will now wear a nun's habit in "solidarity"?

I will also await the world wide outcry and weeping and gnashing of teeth and rending of garments in protest of this violent act of Islamic Supremacism.
    More likely Arden and her ilk will give speeches about the need to reach out to our islamic friends who obviously are deeply suffering under our oppression to have been driven to lash out like this.

What's that you say?...don't hold my breath while I wait???
    You are beginning to develop the ability to read minds.

Why?
    Christians deserve whatever happens to them.
    Didn't you know that?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    More likely Arden and her ilk will give speeches about the need to reach out to our Islamic friends who obviously are deeply suffering under our oppression to have been driven to lash out like this.
    Maybe if we got down on our knees and kissed their feet, they would like us.

It works on cops.

Just ask @TheTexan

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

That's a good start but we will have to pay Jizyah or convert if you really want to heal them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Who would do this and benefit from this? Christians seem to be tiny minority there ( although population ratio might not matter in such violence based on New Zealand demographic stats following recent Mosque attack there).
    Few years ago Sri Lanka bombings used to be in news in civil war there involving Tamil Tigers , apparently one of the groups in the world famous for using suicide terrorism that was also used by them to kill one of India's PM. But SL has been peaceful for years. Also no reports of any ISIS type groups there.

EM.

That is very extreme welcoming attitude, not sure if Pope is trying to project any Christian values towards refugees attitude or something else driving this.

Quick lookup suggests this photo was from 2016 and refugees included Christians too. So there would be a good chance that some the people being kissed in these photos were "we" (if "we" here is being used for Christians but that's an assumption).

Photos: Pope Francis washes and kisses the feet of Muslim, Hindu, and Christian refugees
    March 25, 2016

A side effect of this tragic violence could be more Christians from Sri Lanka may try to find refuge in Europe/US joining persecuted Chritsian minorities of Iraq, Syria, Palestine etc.

It works on cops.

Just ask @TheTexan
    If you go around licking everyone's boots it just takes the meaning out of it. It's supposed to be a special, intimate act between a person and his master.

I don't think Muslims even wear boots. And their feet are hairy.

Much better idea is to just keep bombing them into oblivion.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I'm reminded of an old proverb:

"A man who licks two boots must have two tongues."
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/GuinnessKebab/st...22410944389120

Doesn't Sri Lanka have the most suicide terrorism?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Doesn't Sri Lanka have the most suicide terrorism?
    Recently things have been calm but in the past, yes. There are no reports of suspects in this case yet so should exercise caution before assuming who might be behind this.
    For only general historic context, Sri Lanka's Tamil Tigers, a hindu separatist group, has been seen as innovators of modern suicide terrorism.

Tamil Tigers: Suicide Bombing Innovators : NPR
    May 21, 2009 - Robert Pape, director of the Chicago Project on Suicide Terrorism, examines the decades-long war in Sri Lanka with the Tamil Tigers.
    https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=104391493

Masters of Suicide Bombing: Tamil Guerrillas of Sri Lanka
    https://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/14/w...sri-lanka.html

For Sri Lanka, a Long History of Violence

[IMG]https://static01.********/images/2019/04/21/world/21srilanka-history1/merlin_27256930_5240a629-0cf4-4b06-bcfe-77acccd28da0-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upsc ale[/IMG]
    The scene after a Tamil Tiger suicide bombing at a mosque in Godapitiya, Sri Lanka, in 2009. Credit Reuters

By Mujib Mashal
    April 21, 2019

After a civil war that dragged on for nearly three decades, Sri Lanka had been enjoying a decade of relative calm. That was shattered on Sunday when a coordinated bombing attack killed more than 200 people.
    Here is some context to help you understand the latest events in the small island nation.
    Sri Lanka is known for its tremendous natural beauty, which attracted more than two million tourists in 2018 alone. But its people have long borne a burden of violence. How the latest attack fits into history of conflict, if it does at all, was not immediately clear.
    The country gained independence from British rule in 1948 as the dominion of Ceylon, and became the Republic of Sri Lanka in 1972.
    But much of its history has been marred by sectarian tensions. And more recently, it has been caught up in much larger regional rivalries between China and India.

Population and ethnic groups

About 22 million people live in Sri Lanka, in communities that are often diverse and mixed. More than 70 percent of the population is Buddhist.

[IMG]https://static01.********/images/2019/04/21/us/sri-lanka-attacks-map-promo-1555863264400/sri-lanka-attacks-map-promo-1555863264400-articleLarge-v3.png[/IMG]

Sri Lanka Bombing Maps: What We Know About 8 Attack Sites

The attacks struck churches, five-star hotels and other sites in multiple cities.

Smaller ethnic and religious groups include Hindus, at over 12 percent, Muslims at under 10 percent, and Catholics at about 6 percent. At least three churches were targeted by Sunday’s bombings.

Despite their clear majority, Sinhalese Buddhist nationalists have recently been stoking fears that the minority groups, particularly the Muslims, are increasing in numbers and influence. The nationalist fervor has led to violent clashes.

A soldier searching ethnic Tamils in Vavuniya in 2007. Tensions between Tamils and Sinhalese Buddhists led to a 26-year civil war that ended in 2009.CreditReuters

[IMG]https://static01.********/images/2019/04/21/world/21srilanka-history3/merlin_17112053_ea44d55d-d714-456d-8bc4-d9b76d22cc54-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upsc ale[/IMG]
    A soldier searching ethnic Tamils in Vavuniya in 2007. Tensions between Tamils and Sinhalese Buddhists led to a 26-year civil war that ended in 2009. Credit Reuters

The Tamil Tigers

A long history of disenfranchisement among minority Tamil groups, who are largely Hindu, at the hands of the Sinhalese Buddhists led to a civil war in the 1980s.
    The Tamil Tigers, an armed insurgent group that identified itself as secular, launched deadly attacks, including some of the earliest use of suicide bombings as a tactic of insurgency. In response, the Sri Lankan Army carried out brutal campaigns, largely focused on the Tamil stronghold in the northeast.
    The civil war ended in 2009 after a large-scale operation by the army that defeated the Tamil Tigers and killed its leader.
    There is no exact casualty toll, but the United Nations has suggested that as many as 40,000 civilians were killed in the last stage of the war alone.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/21/w...civil-war.html

https://twitter.com/Harry1T6/status/1120017502451277824

https://twitter.com/NewsBreaking/sta...84032584454145

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It works on cops.

Just ask @TheTexan

Needs context before we can make a judgement on this. There is "washing of the feet" on Orthodox Holy Thursday. The Roman Catholics may have a similar tradition.

eta: oops, e_d beat me to it. https://qz.com/647532/photos-pope-fr...tian-refugees/
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 04-21-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Needs context before we can make a judgement on this. There is "washing of the feet" on Orthodox Holy Thursday. The Roman Catholics may have a similar tradition.
    I'm pretty sure that is what is portrayed here.

But is kissing the feet part of that ritual?

Oh, and Have a blessed Resurrection day.

The kissing is not particularly Orthodox in my experience. Typically, the priest/bishop just washes your feet.
    I don't celebrate Pascha till next week this year (toady is Palm Sunday to me, TER, et al ), but blessed Resurrection Day to you, your family, and all yours who celebrate toady. ~hugs~
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 04-21-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It is part of HB's ritual no doubt, just make sure you give (him?) a ~hugz~ afterwards.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    It is part of HB's ritual no doubt, just make sure you give (him?) a ~hugz~ afterwards.
    It's not "mine". It belongs to the Orthodox Church.

Once again:
    We are entering the season of occult sacrifice by fire: Here’s your annual reminder to be wary of false flag events and occult rituals from mid-April to May 1st.
    Via: Reuters:
    Over 200 people were killed and at least 450 injured in bomb blasts that ripped through churches and luxury hotels in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday, the first major attack on the Indian Ocean island since the end of a civil war 10 years ago.
    Seven people were arrested and three police officers were killed during a security forces raid on a house in the Sri Lankan capital several hours after the rash of attacks, some of which officials said were suicide bombs.
    The government declared a curfew in Colombo and blocked access to social media and messaging sites, including Facebook and WhatsApp. It was unclear when the curfew would be lifted.
    “Altogether, we have information of 207 dead from all hospitals. According to the information as of now we have 450 injured people admitted to hospitals,” police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekera told reporters.

https://www.cryptogon.com/?p=54787

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The government has acknowledged that it had “prior information” of attacks on churches involving a little known local Islamist group but didn’t do enough about it.

More at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKCN1RX038

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It works on cops.

Just ask @TheTexan

With his ass up like that, the west needs a new Charlemagne to kick him. There is a difference between being a servant to one another vs a whore to the globalists.

Look at the lack of respect in the face of the man getting his foot kissed. It's a disgrace.

I believe it can be. It is not in our particular rank-and-file congregation. I was out of town for most of Holy Week. We had awesome celebration today.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Al-Jazeera journalist Saif Khalid claims that reporting the name of one of the alleged suicide bombers in Sri Lanka is “Islamophobic”.
    Over 200 people have died after explosions rocked three luxury hotels in the nation’s largest city, Colombo, and three packed Catholic churches. Two additional attacks took place at other sites.
    One of the alleged suicide bombers behind the attack on the Shangri La hotel has been identified as Islamic extremist Zahran Hashim.
    However, Al-Jazeera journalist Saif Khalid suggested that even reporting Hashim’s name was “Islamophobic.”
    Qatar state media is already calling accurate reporting on the #Srilanka attack "Islamophobia".
    In case it was unclear, "Islamophobia" is now simply a term used to shut down and shame any criticism of Islamic Supremacy. pic.twitter.com/wWVJahaeSU
    — Far Left Watch (@FarLeftWatch) April 21, 2019
    “Indian media’s blatant Islamophobia at display,” tweeted Khalid.
    Al-Jazeera is owned by the the government of Qatar and routinely promotes pro-Islamist perspectives, including the Muslim Brotherhood.
    Hashim’s extremist lectures were also freely available on YouTube, leading Imam Mohamad Tawhidi to criticize the Google-owned video platform, which recently severely restricted Tommy Robinson’s presence.
    “Makes you wonder why YT never banned him for his terrorist ideology,” remarked Tawhidi.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/al-jazeera-...-islamophobic/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sri Lanka‘s prime minister has demanded an investigation into apparent intelligence failures before the Easter bombings that killed more than 200 people.
    Ranil Wickremsinghe acknowledged that his government had received prior information of the attack, but that ministers were not told.
    There had not been an adequate response, he said, and an inquiry was necessary to find out how the information was used.
    He also said the government needed to look at the international ties of a local militant group.
    The Agence France Presse news agency reported that it had seen documents showing that police issued an intelligence alert to top officers 10 days ago, warning that suicide bombers planned to hit “prominent churches”.
    Chiefs cited a foreign intelligence service as reporting that a little-known Islamist group was planning attacks.
    A Sri Lanka police spokesman said he was not aware of the intelligence report.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/sri-lanka-att...222500651.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The government has acknowledged that it had “prior information” of attacks on churches involving a little known local Islamist group but didn’t do enough about it.
    I am noticing a trend and am convinced that it is Orchestrated.

Latest one stopped in California.

Woman Identified in Threat Made to Parishioners at Mount Everest Academy
    https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...508872641.html

https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/anna-conkey/

https://annaconkey.blog/

Anna is a writer, editor and freelance journalist. She has worked for NBC 7 San Diego as a digital media producer, and at KPBS as an assistant news producer. She has also contributed to the military editorial section of The San Diego Union Tribune, and was the leading web editor of the literary journal Oracle Reviews.

Anna has a background in mass communication tracing back to 2007, where she spent six years doing public affairs, photojournalism, editing, publishing, graphic design and web design for the U.S Navy.

In 2017 Anna graduated with honors from San Diego State University with a double major in journalism and English. In her free time she was involved with the Student Veteran Organization and Society of Professional Journalists, SDSU chapter.

She is currently the mentorship chair for the Asian-American Journalist Association, San Diego chapter. She is also involved with the Veteran Alumni Organization, Society of Professional Journalists, and is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa, Kappa Tau Alpha, Golden Key and Scholars Without Borders national and international honor societies.

Anna is a military spouse and mother of two. She enjoys exploring new places during hiking and camping adventures, reading inspirational novels, writing poetry, and following rabbit trails on her quest for knowledge. She is working on a book to help spread awareness of sex trafficking, and her research on sex trafficking was presented at the SDSU 2017 student research symposium.
    This one had a Handler,,,, bet on it.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-21-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    With his ass up like that, the west needs a new Charlemagne to kick him. There is a difference between being a servant to one another vs a whore to the globalists.

Look at the lack of respect in the face of the man getting his foot kissed. It's a disgrace.
    I thought I was the only one seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post

Whore to?

$#@!.

He IS one of the top ranking globalists.

More Easter worshippers.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/s...13694073810944

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast