Thread: Tech Censorship: Instagram Bans Pro-Trump Cartoonist Ben Garrison

Tech Censorship: Instagram Bans Pro-Trump Cartoonist Ben Garrison

Pro-Trump political cartoonist Ben Garrison was banned from Instagram earlier today, as the platform claimed he posted hate speech and violated the platform’s terms.

Garrison discovered his ban when logging into the platform today. He was greeted with a notification seeming to suggest the cartoonist posted something the platform considers “hate speech,” however, it is unclear what may have been offensive about his post.

“We removed your post because it doesn’t follow our Community Guidelines on hate speech or symbols,” the notification read. “If you violate our guidelines again, your account may be restricted or disabled.”

When Garrison attempted to accept the notification and access his count, he received a second notification informing him “Your account has been disabled for violating our terms.”

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/tech-c...-ben-garrison/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously...? Ben Garrison?

$#@! these people.

Tried to warn ya...FedBook and all the rest...poison.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

That sucks. I always liked Ben Garrisons political cartoons whenever I came across them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

bump
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Don’t use Instagram.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Instagram should be ashamed of themselves.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Don’t use Instagram.
    Been ahead of the curb on that for many years now.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Been ahead of the curb on that for many years now.
    Ahead of the curve.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Mach; 08-14-2019 at 12:26 AM. Reason: cartoon
    FJB

"White House Censorship" too?
    Stumbled on this old thread and noticed a strange irony, same pro-Trump cartoonist was few months later banned from Trump White House also apparently...

04-21-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

Pro-Trump political cartoonist Ben Garrison was banned from Instagram earlier today, as the platform claimed he posted hate speech and violated the platform’s terms.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/tech-c...-ben-garrison/

Cartoonist Behind ‘Blatantly Antisemitic’ Image of Obama's Top Donor Banned From Trump White House
    July 10, 2019
    Cartoonist Ben Garrison has been disinvited from the White House Social Media Summit according to Politico Playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    "White House Censorship" too?
    Stumbled on this old thread and noticed a strange irony, same pro-Trump cartoonist was few months later banned from Trump White House also apparently...

04-21-2019

Cartoonist Behind ‘Blatantly Antisemitic’ Image of Obama's Top Donor Banned From Trump White House
    July 10, 2019
    Cartoonist Ben Garrison has been disinvited from the White House Social Media Summit according to Politico Playbook.
    We've been 'round and 'round on this before.

Not going defend or excoriate Trump, or examine his Israeli connections, it's all been said before.

I'm here to defend Garrison.

He had his cartoon altered and attributed to him.

This was the fake version that was running around causing him so much trouble and getting him banned.

Original is on the left.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

This was to note extraordinary irony (that hasn't been noted anywhere else) on an everpresent topic of "censorship" and diminisnhing freedoms. Was not referring to merits or demrits of the bans.

April 21, 2019

Pro-Trump Cartoonist Ben Garrison Banned From Trump White House Over ‘Blatantly Antisemitic’ Cartoon
    July 10, 2019

Tend to agree that Trump's Israel connections have been more than adequately covered here.

Some 'conservative hollywood figure' (James Woods I think) had once referred to Obama as 'gift from hell that keeps on giving' after it was revealed that Americans data was being shared with foreign countries without their consent.
    Speaking of things that 'keep on giving', well-funded politicians' foreign lobbies connections could also fall in same category as much of domestic policy progression (translated freedom repression) in recent decades is rooted in foreign policy.