Thread: Would Ron have kept the State Department?

Would Ron have kept the State Department?

Was his position that it should be abolished or keep it but reduce personnel by 99.99%? If the latter, is that because the founders themselves created it? And why was this not in the Constitution, four months into the Constitution they realized they already screwed up so they created their first agency?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe he would have kept it because diplomacy is a legitimate function of government and because diplomacy is much preferable to war.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You happy with his guesses? Or perhaps you'd rather download this:

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    No, State isn't eliminated. HUD, Commerce, Energy, Interior and Education were the five cabinet departments to be eliminated.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-19-2019 at 06:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

If the question is what he would have tried to accomplish in a tenure as president, I'm sure that eliminating the State Department would not have been on his radar.

If the question is what he would see as an ultimate goal, then yes. I don't think there's any department, office, or employee funded by involuntary taxation of any kind, that would remain if his ideology were adopted and pursued all the way to its ultimate ends.

I think that those who see RP as a statist tend to mix these two different things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    If the question is what he would have tried to accomplish in a tenure as president, I'm sure that eliminating the State Department would not have been on his radar.

If the question is what he would see as an ultimate goal, then yes. I don't think there's any department, office, or employee funded by involuntary taxation of any kind, that would remain if his ideology were adopted and pursued all the way to its ultimate ends.

I think that those who see RP as a statist tend to mix these two different things up.
    Clearly he is an ancap. But even if we were lucky enough to have him for eight years, it would not be enough time. I mean it would, but not with the resistance he would encounter.

Someone else was always going to have to finish the job.

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    Clearly he is an ancap. But even if we were lucky enough to have him for eight years, it would not be enough time. I mean it would, but not with the resistance he would encounter.

Someone else was always going to have to finish the job.
    I am not of the mindset that it's a job that could ever be finished. But it's an ideal that defines the right direction versus the wrong one. People who argue that there's no point in having this ideal because it will never be realized are missing the point of what an ideal is.

Depends on how long he had, and how successful he was in killing/exposing the deep state.

It would be more likely that Dr Paul would have died in office, due to some tragic airforce one crash, or perhaps "old age" in his sleep. The second the troops were brought home, the deep state would be colluding with some kind of shady to JFK his a$$.

There's so many mouths attached to this global tit (USSA) - its unsettling to think about all the crying and kind of temper tantrums that would result. I'm convinced that even 100 Ron Paul's would face a serious challenges in dissolving even one department - challenges that might include incidental/unfortunate accidents. Challenges that include ties to racists, misogynists, and crooked investors that might crawl out of the works. Maybe even a dash of Russian collusion - cause CNN told us so.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"