Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NH residents upset with RP supporters?

Unhappy NH residents upset with RP supporters?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Respecting Santa Time [Jonah Goldberg]

From a reader:

Jonah,

Here's the problem with Ron Paul in New Hampshire.

My family and I were in downtown Milford, NH this past Sunday to see Santa Claus. My wife and I waited in line outside in the town circle with our two daughters for nearly two hours. The line of families was organized, friendly and represented a definite cross section of the community.
    It took no time at all for Ron Paul supporters who happened to pass by to swarm to the crowd like bees to honey trying to hand out Ron Paul fact sheets. There was even a stooge with a Ron Paul sandwich board sign walking in circles. I swear these people appeared out of no where.
    When one of the Paul supporters approached me and tried to hand me a flyer I politely said, "No thank you." The woman replied with something along the lines of, 'You need to understand what this election means to the future blah, blah blah...'

My slightly loud reply was, "You need to understand that I'm in line with my family, on a Sunday, to meet Santa and Mrs.. Claus with my children. I'm not here talk or think about politics!" To my surprise the crowd around me erupted with applause. The woman continued on down the line trying to hand out her flyers and this time was being met with a lot more, 'No Thank you's'
    I'm sorry but these Paul supporters certainly have a knack from rubbing people the wrong way. If they think this type of support is going to help them in the end, good luck.

12/11 09:17 AM

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most Ron Paul supporters are not like those mentioned.

The real scary thing about this article is the obnoxious response to the Ron Paul supporter. He should have just taken the flyer and thrown it in the trash rather than being so hostile towards a patriotic fellow American.
    Last edited by noztnac; 01-10-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Changed my mind and question motivation behind the original post.

$10 bucks says this woman is a Democrat or a Rudy supporter.

Maybe I am just more understanding, but I have been approached by many people for different things and have just taken what they had to give even if I didn't want it and not made a big deal out of it.

And this is just her story, any back up? I don't believe anything anymore.
    Ron Paul For President 2008!
    Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.-Ron Paul
    Christianity-It's a RELATIONSHIP not a RELIGION.

BUMP!

Everone needs to read this.

Common sense is not as common as you think.

I hope most of us do a better job.
    Ron Paul's best political writing? (link)

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Santa is more important to some sheeple than the future of our country.

Jonah Goldberg is scum..... http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j111102.html
    Last edited by integrity; 12-13-2007 at 07:28 PM.

The source is a neocon establishment magazine. Don't expect any compliments. The agenda is to weaken the grassroots, not encourage it with praise.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by jjockers; 12-13-2007 at 07:59 PM.
    Jon
    My wife and I blog about healthy (GF DF) living and eating with recipes and information.
    http://cindalouskitchenblues.blogspot.com

This was discredited in another thread yesterday or the day before.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51477

Yes, this was discredited...

Some of you peeps shouldn't believe everything you read.
    www.StandAndUnite.com
    Here's a very advanced, stealthy, yet simple way to spread the word of freedom, peace, prosperity and Dr. Paul!

"247 Gas Saving Tips to Help Save Gas, Pay Less for Gas & Get More Miles Per Gallon 24/7!"
    Affiliates earn 100% commissions for every $7 membership they refer!

"I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul
    FreeStateProject.org
    "I'm not only a friend, I'm also a member!" -- Alex Hunter

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    we had a banner wave on the major overpasses today... every third car waved enthusiastically and then honked for like 10 seconds til we couldn't see them... we probably got 200 honks and one F*** Ron paul so yeah there are going to be a few people who don't like our tactics but our numbers say NH loves ron paul

that being said, if someone doesn't want your literature say sorry and walk away.. DONT ATTEMPT TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY SHOULD AND SHOULD NOT WANT

Don't even think about that BS. Someone sais no, move on. We need to get the name of RP out there. Probably benito supporter or worse. Those who respond like this would never have been turned in any way shape or form, no matter what you do. So just move on and hope for better luck on the next person.
    Cheers,
    mark...

He belittles a guy walking around with a sandwhich board that was not bothering them at all... he obviously shows his bias by doing that.
    Official Campaign Donations: Nov 5th, $100 - Nov 20th, $50 - Nov 30th, $40 - Dec 16th Tea Party $250 - Free at Last, $50
    ChipIns: Ron Paul Riders, $10 - Arab American Newspaper Ad, $20 - 5 For Freedom, $5 - Llepard USA Today Ad reprint, $5
    Ronpaulblimp: $50

VA Ballot Petition: 26 Signatures

www.RonPaulVa.com Become a VA Ron Paul Delegate!

I'm calling bs on this thread. Even if true this is probably very rare.
    I am sceptical of the OP. Let this thread die a lonely death.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So a christian holiday is a time for you to put your countrys future out of your mind? The primarys in your state are now in January because of your leadership, if you dont like supporters of a cantidate giving you things then maybe you should do something about it or move. Problem is you would rather complain than take any relavent action.

Regardless of any discrediting. We need to be polite when representing Ron Paul. Even when I'm just wearing one of my RP shirts I'm extra friendly and polite to people. Be like Ron.

That person in line who complained was most likely a neo-con or democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Respecting Santa Time [Jonah Goldberg]

From a reader:

Jonah,

Here's the problem with Ron Paul in New Hampshire.

My family and I were in downtown Milford, NH this past Sunday to see Santa Claus. My wife and I waited in line outside in the town circle with our two daughters for nearly two hours. The line of families was organized, friendly and represented a definite cross section of the community.
    It took no time at all for Ron Paul supporters who happened to pass by to swarm to the crowd like bees to honey trying to hand out Ron Paul fact sheets. There was even a stooge with a Ron Paul sandwich board sign walking in circles. I swear these people appeared out of no where.
    When one of the Paul supporters approached me and tried to hand me a flyer I politely said, "No thank you." The woman replied with something along the lines of, 'You need to understand what this election means to the future blah, blah blah...'

My slightly loud reply was, "You need to understand that I'm in line with my family, on a Sunday, to meet Santa and Mrs.. Claus with my children. I'm not here talk or think about politics!" To my surprise the crowd around me erupted with applause. The woman continued on down the line trying to hand out her flyers and this time was being met with a lot more, 'No Thank you's'
    I'm sorry but these Paul supporters certainly have a knack from rubbing people the wrong way. If they think this type of support is going to help them in the end, good luck.

12/11 09:17 AM
    Why is this person making a fuss?? If I was standing in line for two hours and someone handed me reading material,I would have taken it to pass the time.
    This person in my opinion is a waste of bandwidth. Next time maybe someone will give you a piece of cheese to go with your wine!

People: this account was falsified. Stop responding to it as if it is real. There are multiple firsthand accounts that nothing of this nature occured at all, although the one guy did reject the material, there was no "eruption of applause".

This is so $#@!ing fake. Just remember to be polite when you canvas. I still don't believe this though.

Let it not be said we did nothing.

Nothing will stop me from spreading the message of freedom to everyone I get a chance to tell about it! I mentioned RP to the guy at sears auto center yesterday where I bought two new tires. I didn't do it in an in-your-face manner.

Also, I fail to see what the problem was here? RP people were passing out fliers? O no! A woman thinks that this hurts RP? Some people still haven't even heard of RP GIVE EVERYONE YOU MEET A SLIMJIM IF YOU CAN. Most people will not be so ridiculous as to raise a raucous and get the crowd's clapping support. Who cares what this one lady did? Not to mention even RP name getting mentioned in a bad light for having too overzealous supporters can't be that bad for the campaign.

I for one refuse to sit idly by and do nothing.

P.S. YOUTUBE IT OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, this tactic is being used quite heavily on Digg. Detractors either posing as "former" Rp supporters (check their profile, never had a good word to say about RP)
    Or those posing as current supporters pleading for people to tone it down (again check their profiles) This is an attempt to marginalize the message by attacking those who wish to spread it.
    People, revolutions are not PC.... If we miss this opportunity to change peacefully...we will have very few options to choose from.
    Last edited by AAjax; 12-25-2007 at 06:58 PM.

We have entered a new era in misinformation. Misinformation is more common now that information.

New Hampshire is the state chosen by the Free State Project AND a first-in-the-nation primary election state. Don't like it, move to Taxachusetts or Cuba or whatnot!

I would not like to be called on my phone by RP supporters in person, much less bot calls. It would not end my support, but it would piss me off. That sort of thing is happening and I think it is obnoxious and hurts our cause.

I don't find it hard to believe that people who would bother me at home on my phone would also harrass my family in a Santa line. But, on the other hand, handing out reading material to people standing in a line can hardly be considered harrassment.

True or not, this story sends a valid message. You don't win people over to your side by treating them with contempt.

I think most Ron Paul supporters naturally understand that, if we didn't we would probably be supporting someone else.

I figure that story is probably not true. But still, we can use it as an educational tool on what NOT to do. (like phone calls !, I purely despise the asses that use my phone, in my home, to serve their purpose, at my expence, I hate them)

Quote Originally Posted by jenninlouisiana View Post
    Don't feed it.
    Those people at the sign wave in Manchester the other day looked REAL UPSET with Paul supporters. I'm SURE that's why they bought those Paul supporters donuts, coffee, and tea...real angry, I'm sure. What claptrap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast