Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 57 of 57

Thread: GAME OVER! No Obstruction, No Collusion

  1. #31
    https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/stat...21146610249729

    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    After two years of near-constant abuse and allegations from a desperate left unable to come to terms with Hillary's loss, who can blame President Trump for not letting this farce go quite yet. In a series of new tweets this morning, he unleashes more pointed snark at Mueller and his team's lies as well as the menagerie of Mueller lackeys who are now stunned at the lack of 'there', there in his report...
    "Statements are made about me by certain people in the Crazy Mueller Report, in itself written by 18 Angry Democrat Trump Haters, which are fabricated & totally untrue. Watch out for people that take so-called “notes,” when the notes never existed until needed.
    Because I never agreed to testify, it was not necessary for me to respond to statements made in the “Report” about me, some of which are total bull$#@! & only given to make the other person look good (or me to look bad). This was an Illegally Started Hoax that never should have happened, a.."
    Statements are made about me by certain people in the Crazy Mueller Report, in itself written by 18 Angry Democrat Trump Haters, which are fabricated & totally untrue. Watch out for people that take so-called “notes,” when the notes never existed until needed. Because I never....
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 19, 2019
    ...agreed to testify, it was not necessary for me to respond to statements made in the “Report” about me, some of which are total bull$#@! & only given to make the other person look good (or me to look bad). This was an Illegally Started Hoax that never should have happened, a...
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 19, 2019



    But, as WSJ's Kimberley Strassel writes, what’s in the special counsel’s findings is almost as revealing as what’s left out...
    By the fall of 2017, it was clear that special counsel Robert Mueller, as a former director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, was too conflicted to take a detached look at a Russia-collusion story that had become more about FBI malfeasance than about Donald Trump. The evidence of that bias now stares at us through 448 pages of his report.
    President Trump has every right to feel liberated. What the report shows is that he endured a special-counsel probe that was relentlessly, at times farcically, obsessed with taking him out. What stands out is just how diligently and creatively the special counsel’s legal minds worked to implicate someone in Trump World on something Russia- or obstruction-of-justice-related. And how—even with all its overweening power and aggressive tactics—it still struck out.
    Volume I of the Mueller report, which deals with collusion, spends tens of thousands of words describing trivial interactions between Trump officials and various Russians. While it doubtless wasn’t Mr. Mueller’s intention, the sheer quantity and banality of details highlights the degree to which these contacts were random, haphazard and peripheral. By the end of Volume I, the notion that the Trump campaign engaged in some grand plot with Russia is a joke.
    Yet jump to the section where the Mueller team lists its “prosecution and declination” decisions with regards the Russia question. And try not to picture Mueller “pit bull” prosecutor Andrew Weissmann collapsed under mountains of federal statutes after his two-year hunt to find one that applied.
    Mr. Mueller’s team mulled bringing charges “for the crime of conspiracy—either under statutes that have their own conspiracy language,” or “under the general conspiracy statute.” It debated going after them for the “defraud clause,” which “criminalizes participating in an agreement to obstruct a lawful function of the U.S. government.” It considered the crime of acting as an “agent of a foreign government”—helpfully noting that this crime does not require “willfulness.”
    Up to now, the assumption was that Mr. Mueller had resurrected long-ago violations of the rarely enforced Foreign Agent Registration Act of 1938 purely to apply pressure on folks like Paul Manafort and Mike Flynn. Now we find out that it was resurrected in hopes of applying it to campaign-period actions of minor figures such as Carter Page and George Papadopoulos.
    Mueller’s team even considered charging Trump associates who participated with campaign-finance violations for the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya. Was that meeting “a conspiracy to violate the foreign contributions ban”? Was it “the solicitation of an illegal foreign source contribution”? Was it the receipt of “an express or implied promise to make a [foreign source] contribution”? The team considered that the law didn’t apply only to money—it could apply to a “thing of value.” Until investigators realized it might be hard to prove the “promised documents” exceeded the “$2,000 threshold for a criminal violation.” The Mueller team even credited Democrats’ talking point that former Attorney General Jeff Sessions had committed perjury during his confirmation hearings—and devoted a section in the report to it.
    As for obstruction—Volume II—Attorney General Bill Barr noted Thursday that he disagreed with “some of the special counsel’s legal theories.” Maybe he had in mind Mr. Mueller’s proposition that he was entitled to pursue obstruction questions, even though that was not part of his initial mandate from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Or maybe it was Mr. Mueller’s long description of what a prosecution of the sitting president might look like—even though he acknowledged its legal impossibility. Or it could be Mr. Mueller’s theory that while “fairness” dictates that someone accused of crimes get a “speedy and public trial” to “clear his name,” Mr. Trump deserves no such courtesy with regard to the 200 pages of accusations Mr. Mueller lodges against him.
    That was Mr. Mueller’s James Comey moment. Remember the July 2016 press conference in which the FBI director berated Hillary Clinton even as he didn’t bring charges? It was a firing offense. Here’s Mr. Mueller engaging in the same practice—only on a more inappropriate scale. At least this time the attorney general tried to clean up the mess by declaring he would not bring obstruction charges. Mr. Barr noted Thursday that we do not engage in grand-jury proceedings and probes with the purpose of generating innuendo.
    Mr. Mueller may not care. His report suggests the actual goal of the obstruction volume is impeachment: “We concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a President’s corrupt use of his authority.”
    Note as well what isn’t in the report. It makes only passing, bland references to the genesis of so many of the accusations Mr. Mueller probed: the infamous dossier produced by opposition-research firm Fusion GPS and paid for by the Hillary Clinton campaign. How do you exonerate Mr. Page without delving into the scandalous Moscow deeds of which he was falsely accused? How do you narrate an entire section on the July 2016 Trump Tower meeting without noting that Ms. Veselnitskaya was working alongside Fusion? How do you detail every aspect of the Papadopoulos accusations while avoiding any detail of the curious and suspect ways that those accusations came back to the FBI via Australia’s Alexander Downer?
    The report instead mostly reads as a lengthy defense of the FBI—of its shaky claims about how its investigation began, of its far-fetched theories, of its procedures, even of its leadership. One of the more telling sections concerns Mr. Comey’s firing. Mr. Mueller’s team finds it generally beyond the realm of possibility that the FBI director was canned for incompetence or insubordination. It treats everything the FBI or Mr. Comey did as legitimate, even as it treats everything the president did as suspect.


    More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...mueller-report
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    I knew Trump was not a stooge of Russia.
    I wasn't sure he was not just another neocon.
    I wish Trump was a stooge of Russia.
    His Name was Seth Rich.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What EXACTLY are YOUR beliefs regarding this issue?
    This one is easy @phill4paul


    How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]

  7. #35
    Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper on Thursday said that there was “passive collusion” between the Trump campaign and Russia despite Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s findings that conclude there was no conspiracy.

    “If there wasn’t active collusion proven, then I think what we have here is a case of passive collusion where in some cases, unwittingly, to include candidate Trump himself, who retweeted messages that had been planted by the Russians in social media,” the CNN national security analyst told Cooper. “That’s a small, but important, example of how members of the campaign were used and manipulated by the Russians.”

    More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...sive-collusion


    Passive collusion?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  8. #36
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Can you obstruct a witch hunt?
    That is a question for Cotton Mathers
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

  10. #38
    You know theres going to people who will spend the rest of their lives believing this hoax to be true no matter what.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  11. #39
    A correction seems to be in order in lieu of sudden sharp slashing of MAGA approval numbers yesterday:

    It was a hoax to begin with.

    Overall, Deep State is alright, it kind of lost its way for a while but made a bold call in the end to let MAGA continue.

    Unfortunately, 'Game Over' narrative is suddeny being changed again:



    Thought just few days ago, a poll on Drudge reported MAGA approval at 50%, 13 points drop in just few days? And placing image of redacted Mueller Report right above this headline seems bit reckless as it can become self-fulfilling prophecy. Unless Deep State is making another U-turn, this media coverage angle is bit surprising.




    Click here to view the original image of 979x653px.

    REUTERS POLL: TRUMP APPROVAL FALLS TO 37%...









    Trump sours on Mueller report after initial upbeat view



    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is lashing out at current and former aides who cooperated with special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, insisting the deeply unflattering picture they painted of him and the White House was “total bull$#@!.”
    In a series of angry tweets from Palm Beach, Florida, Trump laced into those who, under oath, had shared with Mueller their accounts of how Trump tried numerous times to squash or influence the investigation and portrayed the White House as infected by a culture of lies, deceit and deception.
    “Statements are made about me by certain people in the Crazy Mueller Report, in itself written by 18 Angry Democrat Trump Haters, which are fabricated & totally untrue,” Trump wrote Friday, adding that some were “total bull$#@! & only given to make the other person look good (or me to look bad).”
    The attacks were a dramatic departure from the upbeat public face the White House had put on it just 24 hours earlier, when Trump celebrated the report’s findings as full exoneration and his counselor Kellyanne Conway called it “the best day” for Trump’s team since his election. While the president, according to people close to him, did feel vindicated by the report, he also felt betrayed by those who had painted him in an unflattering light — even though they were speaking under oath and had been directed by the White House to cooperate fully with Mueller’s team.

    While Mueller found no criminal evidence that Trump or his campaign aides colluded in Russian election meddling and did not recommend obstruction charges against the president, the 448-page report released Thursday nonetheless paints a damaging picture of the president, describing numerous cases where he discouraged witnesses from cooperating with prosecutors and prodded aides to mislead the public on his behalf to hamper the Russia probe he feared would cripple his presidency.

  12. #40
    Supporting Member
    Virgin Islands
    Mach's Avatar


    Posts
    3,505
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    https://theintercept.com/2019/04/18/...iterated-them/

    The two-pronged conspiracy theory that has dominated U.S. political discourse for almost three years – that (1) Trump, his family and his campaign conspired or coordinated with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election, and (2) Trump is beholden to Russian President Vladimir Putin — was not merely rejected today by the final report of Special Counsel Robert Mueller. It was obliterated: in an undeniable and definitive manner.

    The key fact is this: Mueller – contrary to weeks of false media claims – did not merely issue a narrow, cramped, legalistic finding that there was insufficient evidence to indict Trump associates for conspiring with Russia and then proving their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That would have been devastating enough to those who spent the last two years or more misleading people to believe that conspiracy convictions of Trump’s closest aides and family members were inevitable. But his mandate was much broader than that: to state what did or did not happen.

    That’s precisely what he did: Mueller, in addition to concluding that evidence was insufficient to charge any American with crimes relating to Russian election interference, also stated emphatically in numerous instances that there was no evidence – not merely that there was insufficient evidence to obtain a criminal conviction – that key prongs of this three-year-old conspiracy theory actually happened. As Mueller himself put it: “in some instances, the report points out the absence of evidence or conflicts in the evidence about a particular fact or event.”
    Last edited by Mach; 04-20-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    If the stampman tells you to kiss his ass, shall he get away with it and live? Don't let your courage cool, or a few bullies scare you. We've nothing to fear but slavery. Love your liberty, and fight for it like men who know its value. Once lost it will never, never be regained.
    -Hugh Ledlie, 1774.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    A correction seems to be in order in lieu of sudden sharp slashing of MAGA approval numbers yesterday:




    Unfortunately, 'Game Over' narrative is suddeny being changed again:








    Interesting psychology at work there but like Zippy's link indicated earlier in the thread there's a lot of "Q" followers that were banking on the report leading to something more. Perhaps the cohesion (based in 100% bs sold to dumb people, but still) that kept that portion of Trump base behind him is dissolving now that there's no conflict and delusion to unite them and the lack of fulfilled promises is sinking in.

    Keeping them behind Trump required Trump to be under attack (enemy of my enemy is my friend). If he's not, they have no political purpose in life any more.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper on Thursday said that there was “passive collusion” between the Trump campaign and Russia despite Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s findings that conclude there was no conspiracy. “If there wasn’t active collusion proven, then I think what we have here is a case of passive collusion where in some cases, unwittingly, to include candidate Trump himself, who retweeted messages that had been planted by the Russians in social media,” the CNN national security analyst told Cooper. “That’s a small, but important, example of how members of the campaign were used and manipulated by the Russians.” More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...sive-collusion Passive collusion?
    They could not prove any conspiracy theories so now they are saying that they social engineered or hacked the Trump campaign. It sounds a lot to me like blaming the victim, almost like saying you shouldn't of gone out alone last night if you didn't want to get raped. They want to argue that Russians used the Trump campaign to change US policy so basically they want to argue the Russians regime changed America.

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    They could not prove any conspiracy theories so now they are saying that they social engineered or hacked the Trump campaign. It sounds a lot to me like blaming the victim, almost like saying you shouldn't of gone out alone last night if you didn't want to get raped. They want to argue that Russians used the Trump campaign to change US policy so basically they want to argue the Russians regime changed America.
    They are claiming that Americans have no right to listen to Russians and make policy decisions based on what the Russians say, Russia is our enemy because our self-appointed rulers tell us so and we must accept that.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Interesting psychology at work there but like Zippy's link indicated earlier in the thread there's a lot of "Q" followers that were banking on the report leading to something more. Perhaps the cohesion (based in 100% bs sold to dumb people, but still) that kept that portion of Trump base behind him is dissolving now that there's no conflict and delusion to unite them and the lack of fulfilled promises is sinking in.

    Keeping them behind Trump required Trump to be under attack (enemy of my enemy is my friend). If he's not, they have no political purpose in life any more.
    There is plenty of time between now and Nov. 2020 and few if any are stupid enough to think that Barr was going to announce the arrest and prosecution of people at the same press conference that he dealt with the report in.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are claiming that Americans have no right to listen to Russians and make policy decisions based on what the Russians say, Russia is our enemy because our self-appointed rulers tell us so and we must accept that.
    Yeah but the left always relies on character assassination. They are going out of their way to imply that Trump is either a useful idiot or he is some kind of master criminal who can commit a perfect crime. I just hate when the government does these things to distract us from talking about real issues

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Interesting psychology at work there but like Zippy's link indicated earlier in the thread there's a lot of "Q" followers that were banking on the report leading to something more. Perhaps the cohesion (based in 100% bs sold to dumb people, but still) that kept that portion of Trump base behind him is dissolving now that there's no conflict and delusion to unite them and the lack of fulfilled promises is sinking in.

    Keeping them behind Trump required Trump to be under attack (enemy of my enemy is my friend). If he's not, they have no political purpose in life any more.
    Trump is a neocon puppet now, and the neocons are levying their death blow to the left, and to opposition in general.
    It is the only way they get the world war III they want so bad. Destroy the opposition.
    As I said before, if Bernie wins, they'll false flag, and blame him for not keeping the country safe.
    Now, how in the hell the left, with all the real, wikileaks level evidence, survive a neocon attack, with neocon judges?
    And whats left of the left, will be able to raise how much of a cry, when America gets dragged into WW III? WTF, I love the Russians now?

    On one side is the murderous warmongering elite, and on the other side the sexually depraved and blackmailed elite.

    The Q following is growing. You are guessing they are shrinking because of lack of fulfilled promises, but they gain steam every day. I check in on them from time to time. They have grown astonishingly large. And as I have said elsewhere, Q appears to be a cult being groomed for revolution. appears to be fashioned to appeal to ex military men, via cult instinct of single women, especially divorced mothers.

    For every feminist, there is a woman dreaming of having a traditional husband and family life, and cursing feminists every day.
    His Name was Seth Rich.

  20. #47
    With Friends like Nigel Farage, who needs Frenemies:

    Jews Should Concern Americans More Than Russian Influence, Nigel Farage Says
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-russi...-brexit-698486


    Are there any supporters of MAGA here who accept such extreme/ethnic-centric rhetoric from this rising star of UK-First movement and supposed MAGA ally?
    MAGA's own top funder is Jewish and his campiagn reportedly hired ex-spies of Jewish State's spy agency during so called foreign-interfered 2016 elections.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    The Q following is growing. You are guessing they are shrinking because of lack of fulfilled promises, but they gain steam every day. I check in on them from time to time. They have grown astonishingly large. And as I have said elsewhere, Q appears to be a cult being groomed for revolution. appears to be fashioned to appeal to ex military men, via cult instinct of single women, especially divorced mothers.
    I dunno man, I'm not seeing it. A lot less Q threads around these days and I've observed a noticeable pickup in other forms of "herd management" techniques being used instead. Some are rather harsh and desperate and not very nuanced at all.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I dunno man, I'm not seeing it. A lot less Q threads around these days and I've observed a noticeable pickup in other forms of "herd management" techniques being used instead. Some are rather harsh and desperate and not very nuanced at all.
    Of course you have heard less. Q has become a cult.
    It's reddit "r/GreatAwakening" was shut down. Most of its youtube channels were shut down, and they were given the general silicon valley censorship deplatforming. All the usual suspects banned them, because reasons.
    This only hardened the resolve of the Q followers, and verified their belief structure.
    His Name was Seth Rich.

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaulgld View Post
    I love that the only reason that there wa sno obstruction was because Trump's underlings refused to carry out his illegal orders. Trump isn't just a terrible businessman and a corprate welfare queen, he is a really $hitty cirminal too.

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    I love that the only reason that there wa sno obstruction was because Trump's underlings refused to carry out his illegal orders. Trump isn't just a terrible businessman and a corprate welfare queen, he is a really $hitty cirminal too.
    Still stupid enough to believe Trump is a stooge of Russia, I see?
    Who was the president of Russia before Medvedev?
    His Name was Seth Rich.

  26. #52
    A Georgian-American businessman is accusing special counsel Robert Mueller of publishing “glaring inaccuracies and misrepresentations” about rumors of alleged sex tapes of President Donald Trump during a visit to Moscow in 2013.
    In a letter sent to Attorney General William Barr on Tuesday, a lawyer for the businessman, Giorgi Rtskhiladze, called on the Justice Department to retract a footnote in Mueller’s report mentioning an Oct. 30, 2016 text message exchange he had with attorney Michael Cohen about a rumored Trump tape.
    Rtskhiladze claims that the special counsel’s report inaccurately quotes his text message with Cohen. He says that additional text messages not quoted in the report show that he was doubtful about a rumor he had heard from an associate in Moscow about the existence of a tape.
    “We strongly demand that a full and immediate retraction of these falsehoods should be issued forthwith to restore his good name,” wrote A. Scott Bolden, a lawyer for Rtskhiladze. The letter was first reported by Bloomberg News and obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

    Bolden’s letter takes issue with several parts of the the special counsel’s report, including the quote of Rtskhiladze’s text message as reading: “Stopped flow of tapes from Russia but not sure if there’s anything else. Just so you know.”
    Rtskhiladze actually wrote that he had “stopped flow of some tapes,” the text messages show.
    Rtskhiladze told prosecutors during interviews in 2018 that he was told that the tapes were fake but that he did not communicate that to Cohen, according to Mueller’s report. Cohen told Mueller’s team in a Sept. 12, 2018 interview that he notified Trump about the message from Rtskhiladze.

    Rtskhiladze claims that his additional texts with Cohen show that he had no direct knowledge of the tapes and that he saw them as mere rumor, rather than fact. Bolden also says that Rtskhiladze did not hear the rumor first-hand.
    “Not sure of the content but person in Moscow was bragging had tapes from Russia trip. Will try to dial you tomorrow but wanted to be aware. I’m sure it’s not a big deal but there are lots of stupid people,” Rtskhiladze wrote in the texts, which were provided to TheDCNF.
    “You have no idea,” Cohen replied.

    Rtskhiladze responded: “I do trust me.”


    Bolden says in the letter that Rtskhiladze was not present at the event in Moscow where the claim about the tape was allegedly made.
    Melanie Bonvicino, a spokeswoman for Rtskhiladze, told TheDCNF that he has not been in Russia in more than a decade. She said that Rtskhiladze does not know who made the comment at the Moscow party, but that he heard about it from another person. Rtskhiladze identified the intermediary during interviews with Mueller’s team.
    Rtskhiladze has also voluntarily agreed to meet with the House Intelligence Committee, Bonvicino said.


    Bolden also notes that the Mueller report mischaracterizes Rtskhiladze as Russian.
    Rtskhiladze was born in Georgia, the former Soviet republic, and has lived in the U.S. since 1991, according to Bolden’s letter. He became a citizen in 2017.
    Bolden acknowledged in the letter to Barr that Rtskhiladze’s claim of “stopping the flow” of the tapes “may have been a poor choice of words.”
    But he said that Rtskhiladze was using a “colloquialism” to convey to Cohen, “indicating that there was nothing to the rumors of the tapes, and that he did not believe there were any tapes, nor had he seen what was on the tapes, even if they existed.”

    More at: https://truepundit.com/georgian-busi...ueller-report/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  27. #53
    Another deep state "leak" has hit the tape, and as usual it has gone to the WaPo and NYT almost at the exact same time... but this it's even more laughable than usual.

    In what the WaPo breathlessly reports late on Tuesday was a rebuke and "complaint" to Attorney General William Barr, special counsel Robert Mueller sent a letter to the AG in late March, just days after Barr sent out his summary to Congress, in which Mueller stated that Barr's 4-page summary to Congress on the sweeping Russia investigation failed to "fully capture the context, nature, and substance" of Mueller’s work and conclusions, citing a copy of the letter it had obtained using its trusted deep intel sources.
    This is what Mueller said to Barr, according to the leaked NSA intercept:
    "There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations."
    And if one reads just that, it certainly does not look good for Attorney General Barr, especially just one day before his first official Congressional hearing on the topic of the Mueller report: so bad that even the absolute lunatic fringe of conspiracygate - which had mercifully shut up for the past month with its daily predictions that this member of the Trump clan is going to jail, or that website will be shut down - has roared back into life with the sage assessment that "this is bad."
    Pouring more fuel on the fire, the always pithy Axios adds that "this revelation about Mueller's dissatisfaction with the characterization of his report will likely escalate the growing rift over Barr's handling of the special counsel's investigation. House Democrats, who have expressed distrust in the attorney general, are set to vote on Wednesday to allow House Judiciary Committee lawyers to question Barr at Thursday's hearing."
    Or maybe not, and perhaps the WaPo/NYT report is not "so bad" if one actually reads it, because once the breathless WaPo finally does come up for air, we get to paragraph 13 - a point by which most readers have turned out - to read the following real punchline in the WaPo report:
    When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not...
    So, Mueller felt there was confusion... but he did not think the memo was inaccurate. Wait, what's going on here and how is this even a story? Well, if we read the rest of the above sentence, we find the true object of Mueller's "complaint":
    [Mueller] felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation, officials said.
    Which means that, as the WaPo itself reports, what Mueller was really angry with was the coverage of his report by media such as... the WaPo and the NYT?? The irony, it burns.
    But wait, because if one reads even further - and yes, we know most Russiagaters have troubles getting beyond sentence one so they are excused - we find that throughout a subsequent 15 minutes telephone conversation between the special counsel and the attorney general, Mueller’s main worry was "that the public was not getting an accurate understanding of the obstruction investigation."
    This goes back to what Mueller's letter requested: "that Barr release the 448-page report’s introductions and executive summaries, and made some initial suggested redactions for doing so, according to Justice Department officials," the WaPo writes.
    What happened then? A few weeks later Barr did just that, and absent occasional redactions - some of which apparently revealed that Russia had taped Bill Clinton having phone sex with Monica Lewinsky - he did just that.
    So if Mueller thought Barr's memo was not inaccurate, and his ire was instead targeted at the media for "misinterpreting the investigation" - although it remains unclear just how they did this, after all Mueller does not dispute that there was no collusion (yes, Russiagaters, that means you) and did not dispute Barr's conclusion of no obstruction - then what is the point of these two rather confused pieces? Well, as noted above, tomorrow Barr is scheduled to testify on Wednesday before the Senate Judiciary Committee about the investigation, and the entire article is meant to focus on the headlines of the WaPo (and NYT) article, and certainly not on paragraph 13 which, not only refutes the prevailing tone that Barr did something wrong, but in fact exonerates him. But that won't have any impact on tomorrow's hearing which is now assured to be a complete kangaroo court.
    As for tonight's really big, if unspoken, story - if this is the best leak Mueller has to defy Barr and the president, then Trump has indeed won.


    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ler-wrote-barr
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  28. #54

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Another deep state "leak" has hit the tape, and as usual it has gone to the WaPo and NYT almost at the exact same time... but this it's even more laughable than usual.

    In what the WaPo breathlessly reports late on Tuesday was a rebuke and "complaint" to Attorney General William Barr, special counsel Robert Mueller sent a letter to the AG in late March, just days after Barr sent out his summary to Congress, in which Mueller stated that Barr's 4-page summary to Congress on the sweeping Russia investigation failed to "fully capture the context, nature, and substance" of Mueller’s work and conclusions, citing a copy of the letter it had obtained using its trusted deep intel sources.
    This is what Mueller said to Barr, according to the leaked NSA intercept:
    "There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations."
    And if one reads just that, it certainly does not look good for Attorney General Barr, especially just one day before his first official Congressional hearing on the topic of the Mueller report: so bad that even the absolute lunatic fringe of conspiracygate - which had mercifully shut up for the past month with its daily predictions that this member of the Trump clan is going to jail, or that website will be shut down - has roared back into life with the sage assessment that "this is bad."
    Pouring more fuel on the fire, the always pithy Axios adds that "this revelation about Mueller's dissatisfaction with the characterization of his report will likely escalate the growing rift over Barr's handling of the special counsel's investigation. House Democrats, who have expressed distrust in the attorney general, are set to vote on Wednesday to allow House Judiciary Committee lawyers to question Barr at Thursday's hearing."
    Or maybe not, and perhaps the WaPo/NYT report is not "so bad" if one actually reads it, because once the breathless WaPo finally does come up for air, we get to paragraph 13 - a point by which most readers have turned out - to read the following real punchline in the WaPo report:
    When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not...
    So, Mueller felt there was confusion... but he did not think the memo was inaccurate. Wait, what's going on here and how is this even a story? Well, if we read the rest of the above sentence, we find the true object of Mueller's "complaint":
    [Mueller] felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation, officials said.
    Which means that, as the WaPo itself reports, what Mueller was really angry with was the coverage of his report by media such as... the WaPo and the NYT?? The irony, it burns.
    But wait, because if one reads even further - and yes, we know most Russiagaters have troubles getting beyond sentence one so they are excused - we find that throughout a subsequent 15 minutes telephone conversation between the special counsel and the attorney general, Mueller’s main worry was "that the public was not getting an accurate understanding of the obstruction investigation."
    This goes back to what Mueller's letter requested: "that Barr release the 448-page report’s introductions and executive summaries, and made some initial suggested redactions for doing so, according to Justice Department officials," the WaPo writes.
    What happened then? A few weeks later Barr did just that, and absent occasional redactions - some of which apparently revealed that Russia had taped Bill Clinton having phone sex with Monica Lewinsky - he did just that.
    So if Mueller thought Barr's memo was not inaccurate, and his ire was instead targeted at the media for "misinterpreting the investigation" - although it remains unclear just how they did this, after all Mueller does not dispute that there was no collusion (yes, Russiagaters, that means you) and did not dispute Barr's conclusion of no obstruction - then what is the point of these two rather confused pieces? Well, as noted above, tomorrow Barr is scheduled to testify on Wednesday before the Senate Judiciary Committee about the investigation, and the entire article is meant to focus on the headlines of the WaPo (and NYT) article, and certainly not on paragraph 13 which, not only refutes the prevailing tone that Barr did something wrong, but in fact exonerates him. But that won't have any impact on tomorrow's hearing which is now assured to be a complete kangaroo court.
    As for tonight's really big, if unspoken, story - if this is the best leak Mueller has to defy Barr and the president, then Trump has indeed won.


    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ler-wrote-barr
    So each and every time the committee asks him a question in regards to accuracy Barr just say's, "At this point I refer you to paragraph 13 which states....."

  30. #56
    Danke Awarded Top Rated Influencer

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!


    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. Trump CANNOT Be Charged With Obstruction of Justice
    By jllundqu in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2019, 08:19 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2018, 12:00 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2017, 12:21 PM
  4. Erase Your Own Video, Get Arrested For Obstruction...
    By angelatc in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 03:47 PM
  5. Gary Kovacs and Collusion (and my personal collusion graph)
    By KerriAnn in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •