Thread: New HUD rule prevents illegals from getting public housing assistance

Thumbs up New HUD rule prevents illegals from getting public housing assistance

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will be proposing a new rule that further prevents illegal immigrants from taking advantage of public housing assistance, The Daily Caller has learned.
    Section 214 of the Housing and Community Development Act prevents non-citizens from obtaining financial housing assistance. However, the presence of so-called “mixed families” has complicated the enforcement of the rule. Illegal immigrants have previously been able to skirt the restrictions by living with family members who are U.S. citizens and receive subsidized housing through HUD. (RELATED: Trump’s HUD Official Moves To The Projects In The Bronx)
    HUD intends to roll out a proposal over the next few weeks that prohibits any illegal immigrant from residing in subsidized housing, even if they are not the direct recipient of the benefit. HUD currently estimates that tens of thousands of HUD-assisted households are headed by non-citizens.
    Families who are caught gaming the system by allowing illegal immigrants to stay with them either have to comply with the new rule or they will be forced to move out of their residence.
    Households will be screened through the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements, or “SAVE,” program.
    An administration official told the Caller that this is a continuation of the president’s “America First” policies.

More at: https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/17/h...ic-assistance/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are only proposing it. Someone please bump thread when its actually in place.

So if one person in a house is not a citizen, everybody gets evicted.

Families who are caught gaming the system by allowing illegal immigrants to stay with them either have to comply with the new rule or they will be forced to move out of their residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Just being contrary to contrary Zip?

Whenever the topic is brought up, whenever it is even mentioned that the border needs to be secured, your response is; "Nazi! The way to stop illegal immigration is to cut off subsidies and handouts".

So, here we have the prospect of a major subsidy being proposed to be phased out.

And you are not happy with that.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Whenever the topic is brought up, whenever it is even mentioned that the border needs to be secured, your response is; "Nazi! The way to stop illegal immigration is to cut off subsidies and handouts".

So, here we have the prospect of a major subsidy being proposed to be phased out.

And he thinks that anyone here will actually care if some native welfare trash get cut off too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I personally don't understand why the govt is insuring anyone's mortgage. Isn't that part of what caused the last housing crisis. It would be nice if he ended the program for everyone and I doubt he would do it for mixed family households either.

Trump talks the good game but rarely follows through. Someone please bump this thread when the new rule is actually put in place.

The subsidy is not being phased out.

Trump has a lot of ex wall street executives in his administration. That alone should signal to anyone with their eyes open that Trump will not phase this program out. It may look like a subsidy to illegal immigrants but it is truly a subsidy for wall street.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meanwhile in Minnesota:

St. Paul Pioneer Press Editorial:

Driver’s licenses for the undocumented are amnesty

April 18, 2019

By Andrew Cilek
    https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/18/andrew-cilek-drivers-licenses-for-the-undocumented-are-amnesty/

The Minnesota House of Representatives has voted to grant amnesty to illegal aliens in Minnesota. Specifically, House File No. 1500 would sanction them with official government recognition, provide them with driver’s licenses and IDs, make them a protected class unaccountable to law enforcement, and hide their identities and citizenship status from the public. This is amnesty by deception.
    This government ID will be proof that the State knows the person is here illegally, knows their age and address, and approves their violation of immigration law. The issuance of a driver’s license to an undocumented immigrant puts the State of Minnesota foursquare behind the lawbreaker and against immigration law.

A state-issued driver’s license insulates the individual against any attempt to hold him or her accountable for being here illegally. The license holder simply asks the judge, “How can the government complain about my presence here after I voluntarily presented myself, gave it my name, age, and address and, as a result, was awarded an official ID and driving privileges? The state cannot contend that I don’t belong here. It should have made that decision before, now it is too late.” In other words, the person has received and enjoys amnesty and the state backs that up.

Backers of the legislation throw around unsupported rationalizations like making the roads safer, bringing revenue to the state, and reducing vehicle accidents. They cite no studies or evidence for the magnitudes of any of these benefits which are likely to be small and, in any case, pale in contrast to the harm of societal decay and the destruction of respect for the law. How is it that proponents know that illegal immigrants are driving recklessly? If they are, the solution should be to reduce their number, not change the law to accommodate them.

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison’s April 10 opinion piece in the Pioneer Press (“We’re better off if all drivers are licensed and insured, regardless of immigration status”), however, lays bare the amnesty goals of proponents of driver’s licenses for those who have jumped ahead of immigrants who have played by the rules and come to America lawfully. He writes that the legislation will help them “… do all the things the rest of us take for granted.” There it is, amnesty pure and simple.

Consider the distortion of language used by those who want open borders and amnesty. Illegal aliens become “undocumented immigrants,” erasing the reference to violating the law and equating the lawbreakers to those who come here legally, honorably, patiently, and respectfully. The driver’s license bill then leverages and extends this linguistic swindle by erasing the “undocumented” part. So, if the Minnesota Senate can be beguiled into going along, then a quick signature from Gov. Tim Walz completes the installation of amnesty after only empty discussions about improving road safety and benefitting businesses.

The corrupt intentions underlying this proposed law are further revealed by other, never-discussed elements aimed at creating a special status for the undocumented. The bill is riddled with language like “The commissioner must not share or disseminate…”, “A driver’s license agent must not share or disseminate…” that hides the amnesty from law enforcement and the public.
    Provisions include, “The commissioner and a driver’s license agent must not share or disseminate any data … with any federal agency, federal department, or federal entity for a use that would otherwise be permissible …”

Also, “Notwithstanding any law to the contrary, this subdivision prohibits the commissioner and a driver’s license agent from sharing or disseminating the data … with any entity … any political subdivision, any state agency as defined … or any federal entity, including but not limited to a local, state, or federal law enforcement agency, the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, the Minnesota State Patrol, the Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, and any other law enforcement agency established within the department.”
    Supporters of the law should be asked if they are aware of these restrictions on law enforcement.

This is not just a “bad law,” one where there is debate over policy. This proposal is a “nullification law” that violates the fundamental duty of the legislature to uphold the Minnesota Constitution and the rule of law. It condones lawlessness, rewards lawbreakers, obstructs law enforcement, and sanctifies the fraudulent intentions of those who support it.

In short, driver’s licenses for undocumented immigrants sabotage the core value at the heart of the American system: citizenship.
    Andrew Cilek is executive director of the Minnesota Voters Alliance,which describes itself as an election integrity watchdog group active since 2004.

Thank you for your continued support!
    Please donate today to help us continue our work. Make your check payable to “Minnesota Voters Alliance” and mail it to the address below, or, you can also contribute online at www.mnvoters.org/support
    Warm Regards,
    Andrew E. Cilek
    Executive Director
    Minnesota Voters Alliance
    P.O. Box 4602, St. Paul, MN 55104

www.MNVoters.org
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

A state-issued driver’s license insulates the individual against any attempt to hold him or her accountable for being here illegally.
    Link to law saying that? A driver's license does not protect anybody from any laws. The only rights it grants is the right to operate a motor vehicle. And that can be taken away.

Link to law saying that? A driver's license does not protect anybody from any laws. The only rights it grants is the right to operate a motor vehicle. And that can be taken away.
    The Minnesota House of Representatives has voted to grant amnesty to illegal aliens in Minnesota. Specifically, House File No. 1500 would sanction them with official government recognition, provide them with driver’s licenses and IDs, make them a protected class unaccountable to law enforcement, and hide their identities and citizenship status from the public. This is amnesty by deception.
    This government ID will be proof that the State knows the person is here illegally, knows their age and address, and approves their violation of immigration law. The issuance of a driver’s license to an undocumented immigrant puts the State of Minnesota foursquare behind the lawbreaker and against immigration law.

A state-issued driver’s license insulates the individual against any attempt to hold him or her accountable for being here illegally. The license holder simply asks the judge, “How can the government complain about my presence here after I voluntarily presented myself, gave it my name, age, and address and, as a result, was awarded an official ID and driving privileges? The state cannot contend that I don’t belong here. It should have made that decision before, now it is too late.” In other words, the person has received and enjoys amnesty and the state backs that up.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Nope- nothing about amnesty or protecting anybody from any laws. And the license will state that it is not a regular license and not valid for things like registering to vote.

https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/bs/91/HF1500.pdf

Overview
    This bill makes modifications related to driver’s license and Minnesota identification
    cards, to:
     allow a person to obtain a driver’s license or Minnesota identification card
    without providing proof of legal presence in the United States;
     permit additional forms of documentation to establish identity and residency
    in order to obtain the license or identification card;
     establish various limitations on data sharing related to application and
    issuance of the licenses and identification cards;
     establish nondiscrimination protections related to the licenses and
    identification cards;
     create a civil penalty for violations of data practices and nondiscrimination
    provisions;
     eliminate restrictions on administrative rulemaking governing driver’s licenses
    and identification cards;
     appropriates funds for implementation and enforcement costs;
     prevent election day voter registration using the licenses and identification
    cards; and
     make conforming and clarifying changes.

What I read:

HUD intends to roll out a proposal over the next few weeks that prohibits any illegal immigrant from residing in subsidized housing, even if they are not the direct recipient of the benefit.
    Do you have information that contradicts that?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

What I read:

Do you have information that contradicts that?
    Illegal immigrants have not been eligible for the subsidy all along. Now if they find one illegal immigrant in a household even if they don't get subsidized, nobody in that house is allowed to have it- even if they are legally eligible.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-19-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Hope it ends up working out.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Illegal immigrants have not been eligible for the subsidy all along. Now if they find one illegal immigrant in a household even if they don't get subsidized, nobody in that house is allowed to have it- even if they are legally eligible.
    So some illegals were getting subsidized and that is being ended.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup, good...isn't this what you wanted?

Cut back the handouts, instead of building barriers?

Of course the trumpettes and shylls will cheer for their Authoritarian Idol continuing to expand the big government police state instead of simply ending housing subsidies altogether. How do they think that the government will find out exactly who is living in what dwellings? Surely they will continue to cheer when this program is expanded to include their own houses, and continue to mock Ron Paul and his supporters supporters for opposing this.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

sounds right, I think same kinda rules apply to section 8. Only those names/qualify on the voucher can reside there. You can't have for example, 16 of your friends or so called "family" residing there. Public health concerns start to rise re overcrowding etc...

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Of course the trumpettes and shylls will cheer for their Authoritarian Idol continuing to expand the big government police state instead of simply ending housing subsidies altogether. How do they think that the government will find out exactly who is living in what dwellings? Surely they will continue to cheer when this program is expanded to include their own houses, and continue to mock Ron Paul and his supporters supporters for opposing this.
    LOL

Another one of the people who told us that ending incentives was the proper way to deal with illegals comes out to oppose doing so.

This is a step towards ending public housing entirely and there is no connection between public housing and private housing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Oh dear...

President Donald Trump doesn’t need a wall to stop undocumented immigration along the U.S. southern border, three-time presidential candidate and well-known Libertarian Ron Paul told CNBC on Tuesday.

Instead, the Trump administration should "remove incentives for coming to America", said Paul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't like walls. I'm a libertarian I don't want to wall people in and wall people out."

"I don’t want free, open borders either," he continued.

"I think you have to remove the incentives for people to come. They come because there's a welfare system here, there's easy access to citizenship its politicized one group wants them here because they think they can get the votes."

Paul said he understands this dynamic thanks to his experience working as a doctor near the border.

"I'm an OBGYN doctor close to the border. People would pop in they'd have a baby then the next day they'd be at the courthouse signing up for welfare benefits."
    Ron Paul on CNBC "Squawk Box" 9 Jan 2019

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/ron-...migration.html

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...gal-immigrants

So, Trump directs his cabinet HUD Sec. to stop subsidies to any home housing illegals...and that's no good.

To stop subsidies paid with money extorted from me.

But that's no good.

Does that make me a Trump-Humper now?

Honestly, what's your angle here...you can't build a wall, you can't bring the troops home and defend the border, (Ron Paul is in favor of that), citizen militias defending the border are out, you can't end subsides and hand outs to keep them away...so honestly what do you want?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-20-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Oh dear...

Ron Paul on CNBC "Squawk Box" 9 Jan 2019

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/ron-...migration.html

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...gal-immigrants

So, Trump directs his cabinet HUD Sec. to stop subsidies to any home housing illegals...and that's no good.

To stop subsidies paid with money extorted from me.

But that's no good.

Does that make me a Trump-Humper now?

Honestly, what's your angle here?
    No borders, No wall, No USA at all.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No borders, No wall, No USA at all.
    Well, that's what it looks like.

I'd like to hear it from him.

And I understand, I was/am sympathetic to the "burn it all down" school of thought...although I am much less so now than I was a couple of years ago.

Well, that's what it looks like.

I'd like to hear it from him.

And I understand, I was/am sympathetic to the "burn it all down" school of thought...although I am much less so now than I was a couple of years ago.
    I disagree with the collapsitarians because I think it would take a miracle to rebuild something that wasn't worse than what we have now but I understand and respect those that admit that that is their goal.

Those that pretend that they aren't actually trying to make things worse in the hopes of ending up with something better I count as enemies and suspect them of wanting to collapse the system to help the communists take over.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.