Thread: Florida teen who threatened Colorado schools found dead of self-inflicted gunshot wound

Florida teen who threatened Colorado schools found dead of self-inflicted gunshot wound

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...229370514.html

She was fascinated by the Columbine shootings and headed from Florida to Colorado at the time of the 20th anniversary (which would be Saturday) and bought a shotgun and ammo when she got there. She had supposedly made threats against schools in Colorado despite never having been there. Now reportedly dead of a self inflicted gunshot wound up in the Rocky Mountains (Mt Evans).

Sol Pais, the 18-year-old Miami Beach High student who traveled to Colorado, bought a shotgun and threatened violence against schools, has died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said Wednesday.

The FBI had said Pais was “armed and dangerous” and believed to be somewhere in Colorado after making “credible” threats days before the 20th anniversary of the Columbine High massacre that ushered in the modern era of mass shootings at U.S. schools.

Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Shrader confirmed at an afternoon news conference that Pais was dead.

Local media reports said Pais took an Uber to an area near the Echo Lake Lodge at the base of Mount Evans in Clear Creek County, Colorado. The station said that police officers rushed to the scene after reports of a naked woman with a gun running through the woods.

The Denver office of the FBI tweeted: “THERE IS NO LONGER A THREAT TO THE COMMUNITY.”

Schools in Denver were shut down Wednesday because of the threats.

Pais lived in Surfside, the small oceanside community just north of Miami Beach. Her parents reported her missing on Monday night. Surfside officers turned the case over to Miami Beach police detectives, who found her “deeply disturbed” online postings and immediately notified the FBI, according to a law enforcement source.

Agents and officers quickly realized Pais had boarded a plane to Colorado, and purchased a weapon there. Miami FBI agents on Tuesday night visited Pais’ home. A man who answered the door identified himself as her father and said he lost contact with Pais the night before.

“I think maybe she’s got a mental problem,” he said. “I think she’s gonna be OK.”

On Wednesday afternoon, as news spread of Pais’ death, Surfside officers cordoned off the home as Police Chief Julio Yero and FBI agents were inside with the teen’s family.

The threats came four days before the 20th anniversary of the Columbine High April 20, 1999, mass shooting, which left 12 students and one teacher dead. Two seniors at the school — Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold — opened fire and killed 13 people before killing themselves.

Security around Colorado schools had already been ramped up this year because of the constant stream of threats related to the anniversary. The Columbine killers have become a much-studied fascination for some disaffected teenagers and others who go on to become mass shooters.

Pais may have been one of them. Somebody who identified herself as “Sol Pais” ran an online blog replete with journal entries dripping with angst and drawings of guns. “I am the face of loneliness and misery,” the blog says.

She may also be behind a series of posts on the National Gun Forum, using the same screen name as the blog. In the posts, the person asked for advice on how to buy a shotgun in Colorado. “The problem is i have no friends in FL who are into guns like me so it’s not as fun having to do all of this alone,” according to one post.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did she possess information that would have led to the arrest of Hillary Clinton?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Woman obsessed with Columbine massacre found dead: Police

Apr 17, 2019

Sol Pais, 18, of Florida, flew to Denver and bought a shotgun and ammunition, police said, setting off a 36-hour manhunt and closing area schools.

Mt Evans is a great climb . I did it when I was 14 .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Did she possess information that would have led to the arrest of Hillary Clinton?
    That could be the only reason

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post

The only problem is , while she is admittedly guilty of espionage at minimum , no one has
    the balls to prosecute her , none of the deep state, which now imv includes Donald Trump.

The media should enjoy more clicks for this one. Maybe this will be an example for more mentally ill folks? Mind fked? Make yourself famous, the media will gladly help. Its preferred if, when you exit, you leave something behind to help them further their political agendas too...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"