Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Vetoes Resolution to End US Involvement in Yemen

So, once again Trump proves that he's exactly the sociopathic authoritarian many of us have been warning he is from the beginning. And once again his supporters around here will bend over, grab their ankles and say "Thank you sir, may I have another!" SSDD

Yawn.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yesterday Donald Trump used the second veto of his presidency against the resolution to stop US support for the war, genocide against Yemen.
    This resolution is an unnecessary, dangerous attempt to weaken my constitutional authorities, endangering the lives of American citizens and brave service members, both today and in the future.

Trump claims that the US is “not engaged in hostilities in or affecting Yemen” except “counterterrorism operations against [Al-Qaeda] in the Arabian Peninsula and ISIS”. Nor are any US military personnel “commanding, participating in, or accompanying” forces of the coalition operating in Yemen.
    If so why would he block it as Al Qaeda is exempted?!?

Trump claims that the US only provides “limited support” to the coalition, “including intelligence sharing, logistics support, and, until recently, in-flight refueling” .
    President Donald also pointed out that the resolution would hurt relations with foreign powers and "its efforts to curtail certain forms of military support would harm our bilateral relationships, negatively affect our ongoing efforts to prevent civilian casualties and prevent the spread of terrorist organizations such as al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula and ISIS, and embolden Iran's malign activities in Yemen".

Sen. Bernie Sanders tweeted:
    The people of Yemen desperately need humanitarian help, not more bombs. I am disappointed, but not surprised, that Trump has rejected the bi-partisan resolution to end U.S. involvement in the horrific war in Yemen.
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called on Trump to:
    advance an enduring solution to end this crisis and save lives.
    The conflict in Yemen is a horrific humanitarian crisis that challenges the conscience of the entire world. Yet the President has cynically chosen to contravene a bipartisan, bicameral vote of the Congress and perpetuate America’s shameful involvement in this heartbreaking crisis.
    Hundreds of thousands of Yemenis have already died due to starvation with another 90,000 as a direct result of the bombs: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ar/3491383002/
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    April 16, 2019, a busy day of sucking up to Saudi-Israel at the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

Proclamation on Education and Sharing Day, U.S.A., 2019

Education

Issued on: April 16, 2019

A strong republic requires a people abounding in knowledge, which forges the character of the citizenry and its chosen representatives. Through study of the thoughts and discoveries of others, citizens enhance their shared understanding of who they are and who they want to be. Education and Sharing Day affords an important opportunity to reaffirm our belief that educational freedom is essential to our society and to the growth of individuals.

On this day, we recognize Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, the Lubavitcher Rebbe, whose very name signifies a spirit of comfort and compassion and a commitment to the betterment of America and the world. In the face of unspeakable tragedy, Rabbi Schneerson championed the teaching of principles of scholarship, justice, charity, and unity, launching an international movement that continues to contribute to the progress of humanity. The Rebbe believed that education is not only about the transmission of knowledge but that it is also integral to the formation of character. He sought to expand freedom in education while finding common ground with those of differing beliefs and backgrounds. His unfailing example offered those around him an opportunity to deepen their understanding of the inherent connections between knowledge, character, and freedom.

We must encourage institutions of higher learning to resist calls to stifle the open debate that is crucial to fostering freedom and social understanding. Genuine education depends on the free sharing of thought. That is why I recently signed an Executive Order to improve free inquiry, transparency, and accountability at colleges and universities.

Today, we honor the Rebbe’s legacy by recommitting ourselves to embracing lifelong learning, defending freedom of expression, and upholding virtue. As Americans, let us strive to listen to each other’s perspectives, learn from one another’s experiences, and gain a deeper appreciation for the exchange of competing views to develop our character as citizens of a great republic.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim April 16, 2019, as “Education and Sharing Day, U.S.A.” I call upon government officials, educators, volunteers, and all the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate programs, ceremonies, and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this
    fifteenth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand nineteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-third.

DONALD J. TRUMP
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    So the bill would have done nothing, except to ally us more closely with Israel?
    Wow, the anti-Trumpers here are so pathetic.

First they claim I won't show up in their special little thread.

Then when I do, and I completely demolish them, they pretend my post doesn't exist.. nobody argues against it. They just keep droning on.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-17-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The most pathetic thing is that if Trump had done what the bill said, by some sort of Executive Order or special declaration, these anti-Trumpers would make precisely the same argument I did and say that it means nothing, or actually makes us worse off.

Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest.

Not to say I'm surprised.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-17-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Wow, the anti-Trumpers here are so pathetic.

First they claim I won't show up in their special little thread.

Then when I do, and I completely demolish them, they pretend my post doesn't exist.. nobody argues against it. They just keep droning on.
    But that was besides the point. More shows that the joint resolution was a dog and pony show that did nothing. But trump instead of taking any, even if only symbolic step towards ending military involvements vetos it not on the grounds that it doesn’t do enough, but that (fear, boogity, and muh authority) and all that.

The point is that he wants to continue military conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I hate John BoltonDonald Trump. This is a serious setback.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    But that was besides the point. More shows that the joint resolution was a dog and pony show that did nothing. But trump instead of taking any, even if only symbolic step towards ending military involvements vetos it not on the grounds that it doesn’t do enough, but that (fear, boogity, and muh authority) and all that.

The point is that he wants to continue military conflict.
    Uh, ya, that's my entire point.. if Trump took a purely symbolic step toward ending military conflict, then all the anti-Trumpers are going to come out and whine and say it means nothing and he doesn't want to end military conflict. When he vetoes a bill that does the same thing, they also all come out to whine. In other words, they are whiners, and that is all they are good for.

The fact is he ordered 2,000 troops out of Syria recently and he hasn't started any wars with any new countries.. He has been fighting actual terrorists (ISIS) instead of funding them.. Which on the whole is a lot more than what we can say for our last two Presidents. He also wants to end the war in Afghanistan.

Obviously it isn't all we hoped for, but it is a lot better than having a President who doesn't push back against the deep state at all..

What I find fascinating is that after all these years we have learned absolutely nothing. Has anyone read this entire resolution to see if there are any traps in it? Or if there are any last minute amendments or riders associated with it? If there is anything I learned from Ron Paul is not to accept MSM propaganda shoved at us until all elements are thoroughly investigated in depth. Look at how many times they bagged on Ron and presented his votes and actions completely out of context when in reality there was stuff hidden we couldn't see. Until someone reads every word of everything attached to this resolution, they have no right to judge decisions and choices, There very well could have been one hell of a trap associated with it we don't know about.

When Congress actually agrees on something like this with bipartisanship be wary... Be very wary... Because despite what they say and claim, both sides are hypocritical pawns for the MIC and the new world order. While they show one hand, always check to see what the other hand is doing too before trusting their actions and words. We should have learned this from Ron already.

No libertarian, non-interventionist, or anti-war person believes Trump on this anymore. The "I told you so" was appropriate in year one, not year three.

The haters here are preaching to the fox news crowd, which doesn't exist on this forum. And to be honest, non-interventionism was never important to them anyway.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    No libertarian, non-interventionist, or anti-war person believes Trump on this anymore. The "I told you so" was appropriate in year one, not year three.

The haters here are preaching to the fox news crowd, which doesn't exist on this forum. And to be honest, non-interventionism was never important to them anyway.
    This is Obama's war and how can Trump be allowed to start a war with Iran if Obama can't have his war.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Yesterday Donald Trump used the second veto of his presidency against the resolution to stop US support for the war, genocide against Yemen.

Trump claims that the US is “not engaged in hostilities in or affecting Yemen” except “counterterrorism operations against [Al-Qaeda] in the Arabian Peninsula and ISIS”. Nor are any US military personnel “commanding, participating in, or accompanying” forces of the coalition operating in Yemen.
    If so why would he block it as Al Qaeda is exempted?!?

Trump claims that the US only provides “limited support” to the coalition, “including intelligence sharing, logistics support, and, until recently, in-flight refueling” .
    President Donald also pointed out that the resolution would hurt relations with foreign powers and "its efforts to curtail certain forms of military support would harm our bilateral relationships, negatively affect our ongoing efforts to prevent civilian casualties and prevent the spread of terrorist organizations such as al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula and ISIS, and embolden Iran's malign activities in Yemen".

Sen. Bernie Sanders tweeted:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called on Trump to:

Hundreds of thousands of Yemenis have already died due to starvation with another 90,000 as a direct result of the bombs: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ar/3491383002/
    That US/UK Support to the Saudi coalition is what is causing the genocide against Yemen.
    Every weapons and bombs that had being dropped used by the Saudi coalition have being manufactured by the US military.

What a load of crap. The ongoing efforts is causing more civilian casualties. Iran's malign activities in Yemen? given by this logic i assume he means its ok if Shia civllians targeted as they are Iranians.

The fact is he ordered 2,000 troops out of Syria recently
    You conveniently left out the fact that it never happened and was later walked back.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    You conveniently left out the fact that it never happened and was later walked back.

Now quit confusing the issue with actual facts. It makes it that much harder to cling to those delusions.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Imperial Presidency Wins Again: Trump's Veto Continues Yemen War

Apr. 17 - Yesterday, President Trump vetoed his second bill as president. S. J. Res. 7 directed the president to cease US military activities in support of the Saudi war on Yemen. His veto signifies that he intends to continue in a war that he may not have started but that he is escalating. The White House statement on the veto is full of fallacies and contradictions. We take that apart - and share some idea on what we can do next - in today's Liberty Report:

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

I would say it's probably more important to them since Trump is far better on non-intervention than anybody else besides Rand.

The Fox News/MAGA crowd definitely does exist on this forum. You're right about non-interventionism not being important to them though.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ..and you conveniently left out the fact that he announced it again last week

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The Fox News/MAGA crowd definitely does exist on this forum. You're right about non-interventionism not being important to them though.
    No, he's wrong, and you're wrong. It's actually my number one issue and I care about it more than you.

If one President is going to withdraw 1,000 troops and another President is going to start another war, and we only have a choice between the two, I'll take the President who is going to withdraw 1,000 troops. That's how important it is to me. I didn't even consider Trump at all until he started talking about ending wars. The talk of ending wars by Trump didn't phase you, because you probably don't actually give a $#@! about ending wars. You only seem to care about hating on Trump.

If I have a choice to choose somebody who is going to withdraw all the troops, I would choose them.

You people, on the other hand, seem to prefer the candidate who is going to start more wars and not even consider withdrawing. At least my guy is fighting for withdrawing.

No, he's wrong, and you're wrong. It's actually my number one issue and I care about it more than you.

If one President is going to withdraw 1,000 troops and another President is going to start another war, and we only have a choice between the two, I'll take the President who is going to withdraw 1,000 troops. That's how important it is to me. I didn't even consider Trump at all until he started talking about ending wars. The talk of ending wars by Trump didn't phase you, because you probably don't actually give a $#@! about ending wars. You only seem to care about hating on Trump.

If I have a choice to choose somebody who is going to withdraw all the troops, I would choose them.

You people, on the other hand, seem to prefer the candidate who is going to start more wars and not even consider withdrawing. At least my guy is fighting for withdrawing.
    You consider yourself part of the fox news crowd?

You consider yourself part of the fox news crowd?
    No, you said that people defending Trump were preaching to the Fox News crowd, and non-interventionism was never important to the people defending Trump. Unless you meant non-interventionism was never important to the Fox News crowd, but I figured that was a given.

No, you said that people defending Trump were preaching to the Fox News crowd, and non-interventionism was never important to the people defending Trump. Unless you meant non-interventionism was never important to the Fox News crowd, but I figured that was a given.
    Go back and read what I said. HATERS, not defenders.
    You got the second part right though.

Uh, ya, that's my entire point.. if Trump took a purely symbolic step toward ending military conflict, then all the anti-Trumpers are going to come out and whine and say it means nothing and he doesn't want to end military conflict. When he vetoes a bill that does the same thing, they also all come out to whine. In other words, they are whiners, and that is all they are good for.

The fact is he ordered 2,000 troops out of Syria recently and he hasn't started any wars with any new countries.. He has been fighting actual terrorists (ISIS) instead of funding them.. Which on the whole is a lot more than what we can say for our last two Presidents. He also wants to end the war in Afghanistan.

Obviously it isn't all we hoped for, but it is a lot better than having a President who doesn't push back against the deep state at all..
    That's what I love about you dannno, when you spin bull$#@! you don't $#@! around.
    "The Patriarch"

You seem to forget that he is the commander in chief, not just some congressman or senator. "seem to"
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That's what I love about you dannno, when you spin bull$#@! you don't $#@! around.

As my dad has been known to say, "Pull up your pant legs, it's too late to save your shoes."
    Chris

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ..and you conveniently left out the fact that he announced it again last week
    No, he didn't.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

If one President is going to withdraw 1,000 troops
    Two posts ago you said that it was 2000.
    Pinochet is the model

No, he didn't.

Hmm could be a bad timestamp

Trump faces criticism from Republicans for Syria troop withdrawal ...

https://www.cbsnews.com/.../trump-fa...yria-troop-wit...

6 days ago - President Trump is pulling out the last 2000 American troops in Syria. They've been fighting against ISIS, and the president says they've done their job.

Everything I'm reading on the topic seems to indicate there is going to be a massive drawdown fairly soon, though.

Hmm could be a bad timestamp
    Ya think? That video is four months old.

Air Date: Dec 20, 2018

https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_m...op-withdrawal/

Everything I'm reading on the topic seems to indicate there is going to be a massive drawdown fairly soon, though.
    Is "everything you're reading" also from "last week?"
    Pinochet is the model

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast