Thread: Democrat presidential candidate John Delaney

Democrat presidential candidate John Delaney

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...elaney-1277276

04/16/2019

How/where are you celebrating your birthday and with whom? “With April and two of my four daughters in Maryland.”

How did you get your start in politics? “My first ‘political’ posting was as a Hillary delegate in 2008. I ran for office for the first time in 2012.”

What’s an interesting book/article you’re reading now or finished? And why? “‘Storm Lake: A Chronicle of Change, Resilience, and Hope from a Heartland Newspaper,’ by Art Cullen. It’s a brilliant book that tells the story of the changes in rural America through the lens of one small town in Iowa.”

What is a trend going on in the U.S. or abroad that doesn't get enough attention? “Most big trends get attention (climate, AI, deepening political divisions), but the risk of large-scale cyberattacks and growing global sovereign debt probably don’t get enough.”

How is the Trump presidency going? “It is dysfunctional, which is now par for the course for this administration.”

What’s a fun fact that people in Washington might not know about you? “I’ve seen Springsteen 30 times in concert, and as an electrician’s son, I’m pretty handy and can fix most things.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    12% on the Freedom index. Great statesmen.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined