Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MN - Man throws 5 year old stranger off balcony at Mall of America

Exclamation MN - Man throws 5 year old stranger off balcony at Mall of America

Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony fighting for his life

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...hting-his-life

By Deanna Weniger / St. Paul Pioneer Press on Apr 13, 2019 at 3:52 p.m.

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. — The five-year-old boy thrown about 40 feet from a Mall of America balcony Friday, April 12, is still alive and fighting for his life, Bloomington Police Chief Jeff Potts said at a press conference at noon Saturday.

“I know there’s been some reports and some concerns about whether or not he is still alive,” Potts said. “He is still receiving care. We just want to acknowledge that this is a horrific situation. The family and this child are in our thoughts and prayers.”

The incident happened about 10:15 a.m. in the southeast corner of the mall. Police said Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda, 24, picked the boy at random and threw him over the third story balcony. Police still do not believe there was any connection between the family and Aranda.

Potts said one witness ran after Aranda as he fled the scene and tried to stop him.

“We’re very appreciative of his effort to try to intervene and help out,” Potts said.

Mall of America security tracked Aranda's location using cameras in the mall, allowing Bloomington police to apprehend him in the mall’s transit station. He is being held at Hennepin County Jail pending charges for attempted homicide.

Potts confirmed that there is video that occurred during the incident, but said it will not be released until the investigation is complete.

The boy was taken to Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis with serious injuries. Police are not releasing his name.

A Gofundme page has been set up by Noah Hanneman, who says he is a friend of the family. Hanneman identified the boy as “Landen” and described him as “the sweetest kindest five-year-old you will ever meet.”

Hanneman said his wife and Landen’s mother are long-time friends.

“Their family is always so generous to others,” he wrote. “They give without expecting anything in return and are the type of family you always hope to live next door.”

He reiterated that the family did not know Aranda and said they “are completely clueless as to why this monster would target their family with this heinous act of violence.”

Hanneman said the boy suffered life-threatening injuries.

“He has many surgeries ahead in his life to try to get back to a normal life for a young, vibrant boy,” Hanneman wrote.

Aranda has been involved in incidents before at the Mall of America, one resulting in an arrest, Potts said. In one incident, he was accused of throwing things off the upper level of the mall. In another, he allegedly threw a glass at a woman at a mall restaurant.

In total, Aranda had contact with the Bloomington Police Department three times in 2015 and has been arrested in other jurisdictions.

Potts said the Mall of America will often give a no-trespass order to offenders, with a time limit appropriate to the crime. Most no-trespass orders are in six-month or one-year increments.

Aranda was given a no-trespass order in 2015, but it expired. Potts believes this most recent incident is isolated and said the Mall of America continues to be a very safe place to go.

Potts said the department will focus on preparing its submission for formal charges at the Hennepin County Attorney’s office and anticipates charges will be filed on Monday.

He asked the public to keep the boy’s family and first responders in their thoughts and prayers.

“This is a tough one,” he said. “Immediately my thoughts were, ‘How can something like this happen?’ When it’s involving a young child like that, it’s pretty gut-wrenching for everyone involved.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Danke Do Something .
    Do something Danke

Complete and total scumbag. Hope he gets the worst form of any disease.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

A woman refusing to buy food for a guy is not the same thing as being rejected by a woman. The story I have heard is that the man has mental issues and might be off his medication.

I am one of those people who people mental illness should never be a get of jail free card for criminal. If u commit a crime, u or at worst your guardian should pay for it. Hopefully he gets a long time in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Danke Do Something .
    I do, I avoid that place.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Wow, fanny packs?? Is it the early 90s again?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    A woman refusing to buy food for a guy is not the same thing as being rejected by a woman. The story I have heard is that the man has mental issues and might be off his medication.

I am one of those people who people mental illness should never be a get of jail free card for criminal. If u commit a crime, u or at worst your guardian should pay for it. Hopefully he gets a long time in jail.
    Man who 'threw five-year-old boy off a balcony at Mall of America' tells police he went there intending to kill as revenge for years of being rejected by women at the shopping center

he is pursuing a psychology degree at Minneapolis Community and Technical College and expects to graduate in 2022.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It should also not be treated by those who do more harm.. And the"mental Issues might have been created by that same "treatment".

This is in no way a justification... But I find it rather simplistic to to say he has "mental issues",, when the people that Define,, Treat and Profit from it have NO Ethics.
    and a long history.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    he is pursuing a psychology degree at Minneapolis Community and Technical College and expects to graduate in 2022.

..[/FONT]
    Knowing MN, He will probably pass with flying colors...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Man who 'threw five-year-old boy off a balcony at Mall of America' tells police he went there intending to kill as revenge for years of being rejected by women at the shopping center
    By killing a small boy?
    This smells like a MKULTRA job intended to demonize "Incels".

VVV MORE EVIDENCE VVV

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ..[/FONT]
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I stand corrected, it seems like I confused it with the 2015 incident involving him

Probably has mental issues. Regardless, he has now proven himself to be a danger to others, and needs to be permanently separated from society.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Probably has mental issues. Regardless, he has now proven himself to be a danger to others, and needs to be permanently separated from society.
    Permanently?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He told police he did it because women rejected him, but in 2015 this incident happened which is what jules seems to be referring to:

In October 2015, Aranda was accused of throwing glasses in Twin Cities Grill in the mall. The complaint says Aranda approached a woman who was waiting for the restaurant to open and asked her to buy him something.
    The woman refused, and Aranda allegedly threw a glass of water in her face and a glass of tea that struck her leg.
    Aranda was under a trespass notice at the time banning him from the mall until July 4, 2016.

Permanently?
    As in a bullet to the brain pan. Yes.

Permanently?
    With extreme prejudice.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    As in a bullet to the brain pan. Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    With extreme prejudice.
    I am not against the death penalty but I wouldn't go that far but just wanted to make sure I heard it right.

Permanently?
    You'd rather he have the opportunity to throw your kid off a building sometime in the future?

I am not against the death penalty but I wouldn't go that far but just wanted to make sure I heard it right.
    If that were my son this is eventually where this tale would end.

Permanently?
    Wtf are you even trying to say......:facepalm:

Permanently?
    Some crimes obviously do not require that. But someone who has proven that they are a random threat to anyone is too dangerous to leave out in society.

No parole, no release from whatever facility or island the person ends up being placed.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-15-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It does not require the death penalty.

It goes without saying but I'll say it anyway;

Had this been a white male throwing a black child out the window,
    George Soros would be bussing in 10's of thousands to burn the
    City to the Ground.

Probably a drug dealer.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I do, I avoid that place.
    That is the main tourist draw there .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Probably a drug dealer.
    Or a Twin Cities cab driver .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It does not require the death penalty.
    I think it does. If the death penalty could ever apply to a case, this would be it. There is video proof of him doing it; he has admitted doing it; the victim is a complete innocent. He offers absolutely no redeeming value and you could never trust him to be reformed. There is no reason for taxpayers to have to pay to imprison him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast