Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Notre-Dame cathedral on fire in Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
    Apparently you can walk all the way through the cathedral as a short cut through the block. He claimed this is what he was doing and his van was out of gas. But the police checked it and it had plenty of gas. He had two cans of gas, lighter fluid, and lighters. Lighter fluid can be used to create a long slower fuse than gas allowing 15 to 30 seconds of delay depending on how long the trail is.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Apparently you can walk all the way through the cathedral as a short cut through the block. He claimed this is what he was doing and his van was out of gas. But the police checked it and it had plenty of gas. He had two cans of gas, lighter fluid, and lighters. Lighter fluid can be used to create a long slower fuse than gas allowing 15 to 30 seconds of delay depending on how long the trail is.
    Have they given any details about the perp?

Or would that be racist/islamophoic?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have they given any details about the perp?

Or would that be racist/islamophoic?
    Christian first name and and Italian last name. May have just been a bum who uses a Zippo lighter. Carrying lighter fluid is common when you use a Zippo and many who cannot afford disposable lighters still actually do use Zippos because it's much cheaper.

Christian first name and and Italian last name. May have just been a bum who uses a Zippo lighter. Carrying lighter fluid is common when you use a Zippo and many who cannot afford disposable lighters still actually do use Zippos because it's much cheaper.
    Could be a false flag or a leftist too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They actually have guards posted inside the church and they stopped him from continuing through. lol

So if he was up to something he was dumb as hell...

So if he was up to something he was dumb as hell...
    That cuts down the odds of a false flag but increases the odds of a leftist.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Update... He had two gas cans, two full sized plastic bottles of BBQ starter fluid, and two long fireplace lighters. Nope, no Zippo or Zippo fluid. This guy was either going to burn it down or he was on his way to a BBQ. lol

That cuts down the odds of a false flag but increases the odds of a leftist.
    lol...

Was it specified what type of Christian, Catholic or Evangelical /of some other Protestant family?

In the past, MAGA supporting US leader of alleged racist anti-semitic group 'Christians United For Israel' had used quite inciteful language about Catholic Church.

Also heard call on Trump to reject support from one of his major evangelical backers pastor John Hagee who had in the past called Catholic Church 'False Cult' and 'Great Whore'.

In recent Europe terror attack in New Zealand, some US figures names were invoked allegedly by the suspect behind that attack.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    France on Wednesday announced it would invite architects from around the world to submit designs for replacing the spire of Notre-Dame cathedral after a devastating blaze, as the government braced for a mammoth restoration challenge.
    Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said the contest would decide whether the monument should have a new spire at all and if so, whether it should be identical to the fallen 19th-century model or be a wholly new design.

Explaining that having no new spire at all was an option, Philippe noted that Notre-Dame had been without a steeple for part of its history.
    "The international contest will settle the question of whether we should build a new spire, whether we should rebuild the spire that was designed and built by (Eugene) Viollet-Le-Duc, in identical fashion, or whether we should... endow Notre-Dame cathedral with a new spire adapted to the techniques and the challenges of our era."
    Philippe described the task of rebuilding it as "a huge challenge and historic responsibility", a day after President Emmanuel Macron said the entire restoration should be completed in just five years.

In a sign of the monument's resilience, the copper rooster that topped its spire was found Tuesday in the rubble of the roof, "battered but apparently restorable" according to a spokesperson for the culture ministry.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/france-launch...114849322.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Was it specified what type of Christian, Catholic or Evangelical /of some other Protestant family?

In the past, MAGA supporting US leader of alleged racist anti-semitic group 'Christians United For Israel' had used quite inciteful language about Catholic Church.

In recent Europe terror attack in New Zealand, some US figures names were invoked allegedly by the suspect behind that attack.
    Marc Lamparello. Not Mark with a K, Marc with a C, Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

https://twitter.com/TipsyPianoBar/st...64527761948673

Thank you... I posted the link to this earlier in the thread, but it sure looks like he is wearing a taqiyah as headwear and a Muslim tunic doesn't it?

I hope you have been well old DP friend. Good to see you still hard at it!

Thank you... I posted the link to this earlier in the thread, but it sure looks like he is wearing a taqiyah as headwear and a Muslim tunic doesn't it?

I hope you have been well old DP friend. Good to see you still hard at it!
    Cheers!
    the 2nd video is new check it out (different from initial 'tunic' one)

it is before the fire.... shows someone behind the stone edifice and near the spire and shows a 'flash'...
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-18-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Cheers!
    the 2nd video is new check it out (different from initial 'tunic' one)

it is before the fire.... shows someone behind the stone edifice and near the spire and shows a 'flash'...
    My mistake, thank you! I looked at the source link and it was from the same Twitter account so I wrongfully assumed. Checking it out now.

Expert, Benjamin Mouton: 800 yr old oak doesn't burn that fast

Benjamin Mouton, was chief architect at Notre Dame for 13 years.
    https://www.newsadvance.com/news/tre...8b3e4ea86.html

Mouton is puzzled - says 800 year old oak is very hard and does not burn so quickly - would need a lot of kindling. He seems afraid to offer any explanation. "I don't have any hypothesis that I could tell you... I'm lost in conjecture..."

THIS VIDEO HAS ENGLISH SUBTITLES (BitTube)
    VIDEO: https://bit.tube/play?hash=QmUbQJTct...channel=251530

THIS VIDEO HAS NO SUB-TITLES - FRENCH ONLY (YouTube)
    Benjamin Mouton, ex-architecte en chef de Notre-Dame-De-Paris : "ça me stupéfie beaucoup..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9JrTWFjVs
    Last edited by Valli6; 04-18-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Marc Lamparello. Not Mark with a K, Marc with a C, Italian.
    From other forum section:

Man arrested trying to enter St. Patrick's Cathedral with 2 gas cans, 1-way ticket to Rome

Strange report couple of days after tragic fire at medieval Notre Dame Church in France. Early reporting can be foggy, incomplete or inaccurate.. so should exercise caution before jumping to conclusions. Some weird details are being put out in media reports:

Marc Lamparello has been identified as the 37-year-old man who was arrested by NYPD Counterterrorism officers after walking into the historic St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City with two gasoline cans just days after a fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Lamparello was taken into custody without incident at the seat of the Catholic Archdiocese of New York in midtown Manhattan Wednesday night, NBC New York reports.

Lamparello had a “one-way ticket” from Newark Airport to Rome and was set to depart Thursday night, the New York Daily News reports. His father told the newspaper that his son is a “brilliant” professor and sounded normal on the phone just hours before the incident. “Extremely out of character. He’s a brilliant professor. His writings — other professors can’t even understand his writings. Something happened, we don’t know. I spoke to him (Wednesday) morning. It was just, ‘Hi daddy, how are you feeling?’ Then last night was like what the hell? That’s all I can tell you.”
    According to WABC-TV, Lamparello was arrested for refusing to leave a New Jersey cathedral on Monday because he wanted to pray.

He also wrote about struggling on a dating app, “Honestly, I’m getting murdered on Tinder. It’s a total self-esteem killer. I’m a pretty in-shape guy, and I’m going for in-shape women who are a little attractive, and have a few nice features. Not models, but just generically attractive women. I’ve “swiped right” on 500+ women. So far, not a single match. Depressing. I think I should probably give up on dating for the time being, and focus really hard on school and work and saving up as much as I can for plastic surgery. Based on the consults I’ve had with my plastic surgeon, I’m confident I can go from a 4/10 to a 7.2–7.3/10. That’s what I’ll focus on now.”

Lamparello has rarely posted about other topics, but did respond to a news story in 2018 about French people disliking President Donald Trump more than Putin, Xi and Merkel. He wrote, “All I know is, if the French dislike us for something, we must be doing something right. They think they’re so much more sophisticated and culturally alluring than us. But secretly, they’re jealous of us and want to be us. Never forget that, fellow Americans.”
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/marc-lamparello/

Related

Notre-Dame cathedral on fire in Paris

Trump and Putin offer help to rebuild fire damaged Notre Dame Church amid global outpouring of support

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    //
    Different contexts.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I don't think it is good or necessary to go to their lands and exterminate them but I have predicted that such a "Crusade" will be the result of the Eurabia gambit.
    If this is proven to be the work of muslims then it could very well be the spark that ignites the "Crusade".

Were it the non-equivocating goal to exterminate them, it would be very plausible. This would require a scorched-rarth policy and proper ROEs for prosecuting actual war.

Karmically... it can be debated, but in practical terms, the argument for the annihilation of every Muslim on the planet can be validly made.

Some will argue against this... "Oh... the innocent..." My ass. The "moderates" and "peaceful" Muslims raise not so much as the first word in opposition to what their brethren do, what with all the head-sawing, ***** tossing, rape-victim stoning, and what have you that goes on at their hands. That makes them COMPLICIT. Actions speak more clearly and eloquently than do words, every time, and the silent action of the "good" Muslims tells me all I need to know. So if their species is made subject to utter genocide, they have nobody to thank but themselves, just as the Germans and every other people who have gone silently in line with the dictates of their respective tyrants do. If you will not speak out against the evil that your cohorts do, then you are no better than are they.

Nobody wants this sort of thing. I certainly do not. But what I want less is to be brought to some harm by a subhuman, camel-$#@!ing sand-flea. If the requirement is that we engage in the horrors of mass extermination, then I will live with it because I have no obligation to anyone to tolerate the intolerable.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

My dick is brilliant, as well.

If someone cannot understand what you write, then you suck at writing and probably do not understand the subject yourself.

Reading what he wrote about dating and all... Wholesale loser. As for his opinion of the Frogs, well... even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Were it the non-equivocating goal to exterminate them, it would be very plausible. This would require a scorched-rarth policy and proper ROEs for prosecuting actual war.

Karmically... it can be debated, but in practical terms, the argument for the annihilation of every Muslim on the planet can be validly made.

Some will argue against this... "Oh... the innocent..." My ass. The "moderates" and "peaceful" Muslims raise not so much as the first word in opposition to what their brethren do, what with all the head-sawing, ***** tossing, rape-victim stoning, and what have you that goes on at their hands. That makes them COMPLICIT. Actions speak more clearly and eloquently than do words, every time, and the silent action of the "good" Muslims tells me all I need to know. So if their species is made subject to utter genocide, they have nobody to thank but themselves, just as the Germans and every other people who have gone silently in line with the dictates of their respective tyrants do. If you will not speak out against the evil that your cohorts do, then you are no better than are they.
    Therein lies the practical problem (not to mention the moral one), you may just as well argue for the extermination of the entire human race.

It is far better to defend ourselves and let them be in their own territory.

Nobody wants this sort of thing. I certainly do not. But what I want less is to be brought to some harm by a subhuman, camel-$#@!ing sand-flea. If the requirement is that we engage in the horrors of mass extermination, then I will live with it because I have no obligation to anyone to tolerate the intolerable.
    Fortunately we have no need to if we just defend ourselves, we are the superior force if we stop those among us who are collaborating with the enemy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    No one is sure yet- suspicions of electric problem.
    Not likely. Worst case, a large pipe shorts, carrier flashes to vapor, breaker trips, and it is all over.

Try again?

Therein lies the practical problem (not to mention the moral one), you may just as well argue for the extermination of the entire human race.
    Indeed, you could. The differentiating factor is power. We could wipe them out, and I am thinking that this is the only practical solution for dealing with an implacable foe. The Muslims will NEVER give up. My wife was raised Muslim, ran from it when she turned 18, came to America, and will tell you point blank that killing them is the only way to deal with them because they are a warrior people and will not be dissuaded with solicitous talk.

It is far better to defend ourselves and let them be in their own territory.
    I deally, yes. However, the technological lever arms that would inevitably read their hands, such as nukes and delivery systems, would leave us nearly as threatened as their physical presence in the rest of the world. Slaughter them to the man and the problem is finished. Naturally, others would arise out of this, but we can do nothing about the what-ifs. Living that way, we may as well all commit suicide for fear of what might happen. But this threat is here and now and should be dealt with by non-pussyfooting means. Muslims are generally like progressives/democrats - utterly immune to reason. There is no talking with such people. Raw power is all they understand and respect.

Fortunately we have no need to if we just defend ourselves, we are the superior force if we stop those among us who are collaborating with the enemy.
    Not sure that that is at all true anymore. Technology alters the game. 1000 years ago, nobody was able to fly a 57 into the castle walls @ 500 kts.

Today, they can, and have.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Given that fires in buildings under construction is not hardly unheard of, and given that the Roman Catholic Church was not coming up with the money it needed to give that structure the extensive renovations it needed (and that's a pretty ruthless entity), and given that Mossad (an even more ruthless entity) might have had reasons to distract us from a certain burning mosque, don't you think it's a bit premature (at the very least) to call for genocide of one of the largest demographics on the planet?
    Catholic church doesn't own the cathedral. It was nationalized long ago by the Frogs. Herro?

Why use that as an excuse? Why not just say you're curious to see how much of the Book of Revelation is true?
    Excuse? Don't need an excuse. Islam has been a cancer on the planet for 1400 years. Removing the tumor, while ugly, is not unreasonable. You may think otherwise, but unless I've read you wrong all these years, I bet you would not be singing this tune as, held down by Hassan and Jamar, Muhammed butt-$#@!ed you REAL good.

A broader view is a better view in this case.

Indeed, you could. The differentiating factor is power. We could wipe them out, and I am thinking that this is the only practical solution for dealing with an implacable foe. The Muslims will NEVER give up. My wife was raised Muslim, ran from it when she turned 18, came to America, and will tell you point blank that killing them is the only way to deal with them because they are a warrior people and will not be dissuaded with solicitous talk.

I deally, yes. However, the technological lever arms that would inevitably read their hands, such as nukes and delivery systems, would leave us nearly as threatened as their physical presence in the rest of the world. Slaughter them to the man and the problem is finished. Naturally, others would arise out of this, but we can do nothing about the what-ifs. Living that way, we may as well all commit suicide for fear of what might happen. But this threat is here and now and should be dealt with by non-pussyfooting means. Muslims are generally like progressives/democrats - utterly immune to reason. There is no talking with such people. Raw power is all they understand and respect.

Not sure that that is at all true anymore. Technology alters the game. 1000 years ago, nobody was able to fly a 57 into the castle walls @ 500 kts.

Today, they can, and have.
    It is within the realm of possibility that we might be forced to defend ourselves by exterminating or nearly exterminating them but I do not believe that we have reached that point or that it is inevitable and it should certainly be something that is not resorted to until there are no other options other than to accept death or conquest.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

FYI: French government owns all churches built before 1905

It’s not actually owned by the Archdiocese of Paris

Due to France’s laws regarding secularization, the French government owns all churches built before 1905, including Notre-Dame. The government lets the Archdiocese of Paris use the building for free, and will continue to do so in perpetuity. The Archdiocese of Paris is responsible for the upkeep of the church, as well as for paying employees.
    https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...in-paris-11196
    Another interesting fact from the same page:
    ...During the French Revolution, Notre-Dame was ransacked and re-dedicated to the “Goddess Reason.” The building itself was used at that time for wine storage. The Church resumed use of the building in 1801.
    I'm thinking there are many out there, thinking along the same lines for the "restoration".
    The worlds richest elites are making huge donations for repairs. They can essentially buy the building with their donations, then push for some woke-joke of a re-design to "bring us all together".

What if they do object, but you just can't hear them?

What if there are people more evil than the ones you're talking about, and you're helping finance them, giving them cover, and encouraging them? Would it make them more evil than you if you were doing it out of fear and hatred, but they were just doing it for oil and the petrodollar?
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Benjamin Mouton, was chief architect at Notre Dame for 13 years.
    https://www.newsadvance.com/news/tre...8b3e4ea86.html

Mouton is puzzled - says 800 year old oak is very hard and does not burn so quickly - would need a lot of kindling. He seems afraid to offer any explanation. "I don't have any hypothesis that I could tell you... I'm lost in conjecture..."

THIS VIDEO HAS ENGLISH SUBTITLES (BitTube)
    VIDEO: https://bit.tube/play?hash=QmUbQJTct...channel=251530

THIS VIDEO HAS NO SUB-TITLES - FRENCH ONLY (YouTube)
    Benjamin Mouton, ex-architecte en chef de Notre-Dame-De-Paris : "ça me stupéfie beaucoup..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9JrTWFjVs

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1118601914147639296

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1118540482940932098

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast