Thread: "I Love Wikileaks" Was Just A Joke- Sarah Sanders says

"I Love Wikileaks" Was Just A Joke- Sarah Sanders says

The joke was so good he mentioned Wikileaks over 100 times during the 2016 campaign. What else was he also joking about?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...s-says-n994296

President Donald Trump was just joking when commented during his campaign that he "loved" WikiLeaks, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Sunday.

"Look, clearly the president was making a joke during the 2016 campaign," Sanders told "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace about Trump's past praise for WikiLeaks. "Certainly we take this serious."

Sanders spoke about Trump's WikiLeaks remarks after the Department of Justice charged the website's fugitive founder Julian Assange with computer hacking following his arrest in London partly in connection with a U.S. extradition warrant. Assange had been living for nearly seven years in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London to avoid extradition.

The Department of Justice indicted Assange on a charge of conspiring with former Army intelligence officer Chelsea Manning to hack a classified government computer. Manning provided WikiLeaks with a trove of secret government documents that the website published in 2010. Assange has insisted the U.S. is trying to infringe on journalistic freedom.

Assange and WIkiLeaks were at the forefront of leaking stolen emails during the 2016 presidential campaign, including from 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign chairman John Podesta.

At the time, Trump routinely name-dropped WikiLeaks, praising the organization.

“I love WikiLeaks,” Trump said in October 2016.

But on Thursday, when asked about Assange's organization, Trump told reporters at the White House: I know nothing about WikiLeaks."

"It's not my thing,"
    he added.

On Sunday, Sanders said the Trump administration was "the only one to do anything about" Assange and WikiLeaks.

"Let's not forget that the reason Julian Assange is being looked at is because of the engagement he had with Chelsea Manning," she said before adding that Trump "was making a joke during the campaign" when he expressed love for the organization.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-14-2019 at 02:10 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "I was just kidding, folks!"

(video from Jimmy Kimmel Show)
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-14-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Whoops.

Trump's defenders here at RPF should have waited for orders from their leader on what excuse they were supposed to use.

We had people here using a totally different one than this.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    To be fair, there have been claims of "Drain the Swamp" , "Lock Her Up" slogans being jokes also.

Un-Related

Coulter on Trump: "Joke presidency who scammed the American people"
    It seems more and more Coulter is proving to be right again.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    It seems more and more Coulter is proving to be right again.
    Know what? I would back Coulter if she wasn't such a blatant stone cold racist.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Know what? I would back Coulter if she wasn't such a blatant stone cold racist.
    To be fair, similar things were being said about Trump when he was championing birther movement.

Fortunately, he deleted those tweets after winning election.

Although, those tweets may have been a 'joke' also, who nows.

To be fair, similar things were being said about Trump when he was championing birther movement.

Fortunately, he deleted those tweets after winning election.

Although, those tweets may have been a 'joke' also, who nows.
    That isn't racist.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That isn't racist.
    I wasn't giving my opinion, just reporting that he was being called racist by many black folks when he was championing birther movement relating first black POTUS. Same was said about Rafael Cruz Sr. who wanted to send Obama back to Kenya while campaigning for his son Senator Rafeal Cruz.

By same token, many would argue that nothing that Couter has said is racist.

I wasn't giving my opinion, just reporting that he was being called racist by many black folks when he was championing birther movement.

I don't know about Coulter, I would have to be told what she said that some people think is racist.

ATP seems level headed so there may be more to the accusation than I would normally expect when the left claims racism about a conservative celebrity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I dont think this will set well with some of MEGA Trump Supporters who supported Assange. When it comes to American Candidates you should take them at a grain salt of anything.
    They don't want to work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Whoops.

Trump's defenders here at RPF should have waited for orders from their leader on what excuse they were supposed to use.

We had people here using a totally different one than this.
    Why does anybody have to defend Trump based on something Sarah Sanders said?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Isn't it Sarah Sanders job to defend Trump? This $#@! is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Isn't it Sarah Sanders job to defend Trump? This $#@! is a joke.
    Yes, that is her job, to be the official spokesperson for the administration. She does a good job at that.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

She speaks for Trump.

The point is, before a Trump defender just thoughtlessly jumps on some excuse of, "When he said X, what he meant was Y," that some Joe Blow just pulled out of his butt with no knowledge of the situation whatsoever, and goes around spouting that off as if it's a given fact, they might want to wait until Trump (and Sarah Sanders=Trump) actually gives his own excuse, so that they can make sure they have their story right.

Either that, or, if they're really just speculating, they might consider sprinkling a "maybe" or two somewhere in their proclamations, rather than pretending they're known facts. Trumpeteers tend not to deal in maybes though. Everything is just obvious, and anybody who disagrees clearly doesn't understand something.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 04-15-2019 at 09:06 AM.

She speaks for Trump.

The point is, before a Trump defender just thoughtlessly jumps on some excuse of, "When he said X, what he meant was Y," that some Joe Blow just pulled out of his butt with no knowledge of the situation whatsoever, and goes around spouting that off as if it's a given fact, they might want to wait until Trump (and Sarah Sanders=Trump) actually gives his own excuse, so that they can make sure they have their story right.

Either that, or, if they're really just speculating, they might consider sprinkling a "maybe" or two somewhere in their proclamations, rather than pretending they're known facts. Trumpeteers tend not to deal in maybes though. Everything is just obvious, and anybody who disagrees clearly doesn't understand something.
    Sanders job is to speak for the Trump Administration.. not for Trump personally. Sometimes she does a good job at defending him personally, but her job is to speak for the administration.

But the point is, she isn't Trump. So defending Trump for something she said doesn't make sense.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sanders job is to speak for the Trump Administration.. not for Trump personally..
    Same thing.

Same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    I dont think this will set well with some of MEGA Trump Supporters who supported Assange. When it comes to American Candidates you should take them at a grain salt of anything.
    They don't want to work for you.
    As someone who spends more time on Q than RPF, I'd say that, no, this doesn't sit well with me.

People who are reading Q today or a year ago are the same people reading the same stuff = things like Podesta's Emails, DNC emails, all these emails many of us read in 2016 before the election on Assange's Wikileaks.

Wikileaks helped get Trump elected. Wikileaks contained a lot of the reasons "lock her up" and "drain the swamp" were popular chants. And now this guy we liked is a bad guy, and Trump is trying to put him in jail.

You go back to November 1, 2016, right before the election, and you say "US Government arrests Assange in April 2019, who is the President?" And most people say Hillary. Few say Trump.

Arrest of Assange = Hillary style, deep state governance.

There's a theory that what Trump wants is Assange up there testifying. Needs facts, evidence, admissible, comes from Assange's testimony. Just a theory though. Occam's razor says this sucks.

I wasn't giving my opinion, just reporting that he was being called racist by many black folks when he was championing birther movement relating first black POTUS. Same was said about Rafael Cruz Sr. who wanted to send Obama back to Kenya while campaigning for his son Senator Rafeal Cruz.

I don't know about Coulter, I would have to be told what she said that some people think is racist.

ATP seems level headed so there may be more to the accusation than I would normally expect when the left claims racism about a conservative celebrity.
    Been watching her for years now and most of it has been scrubbed, but her Aryan racism used to be everywhere. How soon we forget that Coulter was very instrumental in pumping up hatred for all Muslims as terrorists and support for the Patriot act. She is a radical extremist who wanted to Nuke the whole middle east and exterminate all Arabs and Muslims. Then doubled down again after the Boston Marathon bombings when she wanted to round up every Muslim in the country and toss them out. Since she has labelled all brown people as Terrorists. Even though I lean right, this is where I differ with party line Conservatives. While I think our "illegal" immigration issue is a real serious problem, I think stereotyping any race or culture is both wrong and ignorant. As a humanitarian, the last thing I agree with is ideology that would prove the liberals right when they accuse all white conservatives as being racist. Coulter makes this appear true in example.

Coulter is like that spoiled loud vulgar sister in law you do not want to associate with when you go out in public together. It is obvious and very telling that she cheerleads Trump when putting brown people in check, yet she gets pissed off if anything fouls up Trump and delays this stopping of the brown people, Then she takes it out on Trump for taking too long. She has not lost this hatred for all brown = terrorists and it is her true root base of principle. She is a radical Aryan racist who would exterminate them all if she could. For myself illegal immigration is a problem because of numbers, economic issues, and the very real disproportionate criminal element, But I do not see race or culture, I would feel the same if they were all hot blond females from Scandinavia. But for Coulter it is strictly a stop all brown terrorist people and all immigration legal or not at any cost and it can't happen soon enough to satisfy her Aryan hatred.

Unfortunately, the libs are right about Coulter... Everything they claim she said she did said, she is a loose cannon and a very poor pick to represent conservatives.

Been watching her for years now and most of it has been scrubbed, but her Aryan racism used to be everywhere. How soon we forget that Coulter was very instrumental in pumping up hatred for all Muslims as terrorists and support for the Patriot act. She is a radical extremist who wanted to Nuke the whole middle east and exterminate all Arabs and Muslims. Then doubled down again after the Boston Marathon bombings when she wanted to round up every Muslim in the country and toss them out. Since she has labelled all brown people as Terrorists. Even though I lean right, this is where I differ with party line Conservatives. While I think our "illegal" immigration issue is a real serious problem, I think stereotyping any race or culture is both wrong and ignorant. As a humanitarian, the last thing I agree with is ideology that would prove the liberals right when they accuse all white conservatives as being racist. Coulter makes this appear true in example.

Coulter is like that spoiled loud vulgar sister in law you do not want to associate with when you go out in public together. It is obvious and very telling that she cheerleads Trump when putting brown people in check, yet she gets pissed off if anything fouls up Trump and delays this stopping of the brown people, Then she takes it out on Trump for taking too long. She has not lost this hatred for all brown = terrorists and it is her true root base of principle. She is a radical Aryan racist who would exterminate them all if she could. For myself illegal immigration is a problem because of numbers, economic issues, and the very real disproportionate criminal element, But I do not see race or culture, I would feel the same if they were all hot blond females from Scandinavia. But for Coulter it is strictly a stop all brown terrorist people and all immigration legal or not at any cost and it can't happen soon enough to satisfy her Aryan hatred.

Unfortunately, the libs are right about Coulter... Everything they claim she said she did said, she is a loose cannon and a very poor pick to represent conservatives.
    That makes sense, I don't pay any attention to Coulter so I didn't know or didn't remember her positions that you cite.

I have a slight disagreement with you about culture, political philosophy is part of culture and if a culture is anti-liberty I am in favor of severely restricting or banning immigration from that culture, however I don't care about cultural differences that do not affect liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have a slight disagreement with you about culture, political philosophy is part of culture and if a culture is anti-liberty I am in favor of severely restricting or banning immigration from that culture, however I don't care about cultural differences that do not affect liberty.
    I understand the concept. But we have to remember that they have a long history of being oppressed and never really understood what true freedom is. They want to come here to experience it and do want liberty. But they are being sold a bill of goods by the snake oil salesmen who insist on defining to them how they should vote to get it. One problem... The snake oil salesmen are lying to them and they do not understand this and they blindly trust the manipulators who are exploiting them. I know quite a few and they really are ignorant to the reality of the facts and being played.

I understand the concept. But we have to remember that they have a long history of being oppressed and never really understood what true freedom is. They want to come here to experience it and do want liberty. But they are being sold a bill of goods by the snake oil salesmen who insist on defining to them how they should vote to get it. One problem... The snake oil salesmen are lying to them and they do not understand this and they blindly trust the manipulators who are exploiting them. I know quite a few and they really are ignorant to the reality of the facts and being played.
    My concern is how quickly they can be educated vs. how quickly they help destroy liberty.
    The more you let in and the further from liberty their culture is the worse the problem gets.
    We have too much work to do right now to educate the people that are already here.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

My concern is how quickly they can be educated vs. how quickly they help destroy liberty.
    The more you let in and the further from liberty their culture is the worse the problem gets.
    We have too much work to do right now to educate the people that are already here.
    Oh absolutely.... The bigger the herd the harder it is to turn them if they stampede. And the stampede has started.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    As someone who spends more time on Q than RPF, I'd say that, no, this doesn't sit well with me.

People who are reading Q today or a year ago are the same people reading the same stuff = things like Podesta's Emails, DNC emails, all these emails many of us read in 2016 before the election on Assange's Wikileaks.

Wikileaks helped get Trump elected. Wikileaks contained a lot of the reasons "lock her up" and "drain the swamp" were popular chants. And now this guy we liked is a bad guy, and Trump is trying to put him in jail.

You go back to November 1, 2016, right before the election, and you say "US Government arrests Assange in April 2019, who is the President?" And most people say Hillary. Few say Trump.

Arrest of Assange = Hillary style, deep state governance.

There's a theory that what Trump wants is Assange up there testifying. Needs facts, evidence, admissible, comes from Assange's testimony. Just a theory though. Occam's razor says this sucks.
    I still think Trump is just a salesmen. He used the Crisis and rise of nationalism in Europe to his advance to achieve political talking points.
    In general i know believe Trump is quite of an open as a war monger.

If Trump really cared about his presidency why did he brought back the snakes who criticized him and insulted him in 2016? threats?